Old 01-20-2014, 09:47 AM   #221
silkepus

How Do You Identify?:
covered in ink and glitter
Preferred Pronoun?:
feminine ones
Relationship Status:
watching pictures of cats on tumblr

silkepus Has the BEST Reputationsilkepus Has the BEST Reputationsilkepus Has the BEST Reputationsilkepus Has the BEST Reputationsilkepus Has the BEST Reputationsilkepus Has the BEST Reputationsilkepus Has the BEST Reputationsilkepus Has the BEST Reputationsilkepus Has the BEST Reputationsilkepus Has the BEST Reputationsilkepus Has the BEST Reputation

I see you're talking about Casey Legler- might if I join

Oh Casey, get out of my dreams and into my bed!

silkepus is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to silkepus For This Useful Post:
Old 01-23-2014, 10:10 AM   #222
Kobi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Biological female. Lesbian.
Relationship Status:
Happy

39 Highscores

Thanked 34,662 Times in 7,652 Posts
Kobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST Reputation

BUTCH is a documentary portrait project and exploration of the butch aesthetic, identity and presentation of female masculinity as it stands in 2013.

It is a celebration of those who choose to exist and identify outside of the binary; who still get he’d and she’d differently throughout the day; who get called-out in bathrooms and eyed suspiciously at the airport; who have invented names for themselves as parents because “Mom” nor “Dad” feels quite right; and who will generally expect that stare from the gender police trying to figure out if they are “a boy or a girl”. It is an homage to the bull-daggers and female husbands before me, and to the young studs, gender queers, and bois who continue to bloom into the present.
Kobi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Kobi For This Useful Post:
Old 01-23-2014, 03:33 PM   #223
dykeumentary

How Do You Identify?:
butch dyke

Thanked 1,547 Times in 359 Posts
dykeumentary Has the BEST Reputationdykeumentary Has the BEST Reputationdykeumentary Has the BEST Reputationdykeumentary Has the BEST Reputationdykeumentary Has the BEST Reputationdykeumentary Has the BEST Reputationdykeumentary Has the BEST Reputationdykeumentary Has the BEST Reputationdykeumentary Has the BEST Reputationdykeumentary Has the BEST Reputationdykeumentary Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by silkepus View Post
I see you're talking about Casey Legler- might if I join

Oh Casey, get out of my dreams and into my bed!
Why so serious, Casey???
dykeumentary is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dykeumentary For This Useful Post:
Old 01-23-2014, 04:38 PM   #224
silkepus

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
feminine ones
Relationship Status:

silkepus Has the BEST Reputationsilkepus Has the BEST Reputationsilkepus Has the BEST Reputationsilkepus Has the BEST Reputationsilkepus Has the BEST Reputationsilkepus Has the BEST Reputationsilkepus Has the BEST Reputationsilkepus Has the BEST Reputationsilkepus Has the BEST Reputationsilkepus Has the BEST Reputationsilkepus Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobi View Post
BUTCH is a documentary portrait project and exploration of the butch aesthetic, identity and presentation of female masculinity as it stands in 2013.

It is a celebration of those who choose to exist and identify outside of the binary; who still get he’d and she’d differently throughout the day; who get called-out in bathrooms and eyed suspiciously at the airport; who have invented names for themselves as parents because “Mom” nor “Dad” feels quite right; and who will generally expect that stare from the gender police trying to figure out if they are “a boy or a girl”. It is an homage to the bull-daggers and female husbands before me, and to the young studs, gender queers, and bois who continue to bloom into the present.
Oh I can die happy now. So many handsome butches!

Quote:
Why so serious, Casey???
I know right? Nothing is sexier than a smiling happy butch:

yay butches!

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to silkepus For This Useful Post:
Old 03-25-2014, 04:33 PM   #225
okieblu

How Do You Identify?:
queer butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
hey you!
Relationship Status:
Single

okieblu Has the BEST Reputationokieblu Has the BEST Reputationokieblu Has the BEST Reputationokieblu Has the BEST Reputationokieblu Has the BEST Reputationokieblu Has the BEST Reputationokieblu Has the BEST Reputationokieblu Has the BEST Reputationokieblu Has the BEST Reputationokieblu Has the BEST Reputationokieblu Has the BEST Reputation

Since some of the femmes here had been asking for photos of older butches, I went looking for them. I know I've seen a few more like me-over 50-but except for one or two, I can't find them at the moment.

So, here is what I did find. Including one or two personal heroes. All of these are over 35, some older than that and a few are older photos from the 1940's/1950's or earlier. So at least you are getting older generation butches.

1)Well fuck. Maybe I wont. The photos are on my computer and this thing wants only a url. Is there a way around that?
okieblu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 04:52 PM   #226
Happy_Go_Lucky

How Do You Identify?:
OFOS Butch who desires femme company.
Preferred Pronoun?:
Handsome devil you.

Thanked 3,359 Times in 626 Posts
Happy_Go_Lucky Has the BEST ReputationHappy_Go_Lucky Has the BEST ReputationHappy_Go_Lucky Has the BEST ReputationHappy_Go_Lucky Has the BEST ReputationHappy_Go_Lucky Has the BEST ReputationHappy_Go_Lucky Has the BEST ReputationHappy_Go_Lucky Has the BEST ReputationHappy_Go_Lucky Has the BEST ReputationHappy_Go_Lucky Has the BEST ReputationHappy_Go_Lucky Has the BEST ReputationHappy_Go_Lucky Has the BEST Reputation

Old 03-25-2014, 05:02 PM   #227
Happy_Go_Lucky

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Handsome devil you.

Happy_Go_Lucky Has the BEST ReputationHappy_Go_Lucky Has the BEST ReputationHappy_Go_Lucky Has the BEST ReputationHappy_Go_Lucky Has the BEST ReputationHappy_Go_Lucky Has the BEST ReputationHappy_Go_Lucky Has the BEST ReputationHappy_Go_Lucky Has the BEST ReputationHappy_Go_Lucky Has the BEST ReputationHappy_Go_Lucky Has the BEST ReputationHappy_Go_Lucky Has the BEST ReputationHappy_Go_Lucky Has the BEST Reputation

Old 03-25-2014, 06:13 PM   #228
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Thanked 26,892 Times in 5,770 Posts
DapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy_Go_Lucky View Post
So glad Rachel decided to be herself!

Are you educated or indoctrinated?
DapperButch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to DapperButch For This Useful Post:
Old 03-25-2014, 10:07 PM   #229
Happy_Go_Lucky

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Handsome devil you.

Default :(

RIP
Old 03-26-2014, 10:37 AM   #230
okieblu

How Do You Identify?:
queer butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
hey you!
Relationship Status:
Single

okieblu Has the BEST Reputationokieblu Has the BEST Reputationokieblu Has the BEST Reputationokieblu Has the BEST Reputationokieblu Has the BEST Reputationokieblu Has the BEST Reputationokieblu Has the BEST Reputationokieblu Has the BEST Reputationokieblu Has the BEST Reputationokieblu Has the BEST Reputationokieblu Has the BEST Reputation

Okay, trying this the approved way. JackHalberstam-academic and author of 'Female Masculinity'.

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to okieblu For This Useful Post:
Old 03-26-2014, 10:48 AM   #231
okieblu

How Do You Identify?:
queer butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
hey you!
Relationship Status:
Single

From a spiffy calendar done a few years back by a Brooklyn non-profit, to benefit a local queer youth shelter. Remakes of old dyke paperback covers, using local queers. These two are a for-reals couple, raising a family together.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to okieblu For This Useful Post:
Old 03-26-2014, 10:57 AM   #232
okieblu

How Do You Identify?:
queer butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
hey you!
Relationship Status:
Single

Artist Eva Weiss. 'The Kiss-Butch Femme' This has been published several times in different books. If anyone has a website for her, PLEASE post the link, will you? Damned good photographer, one of my favorites.

Old 03-26-2014, 11:01 AM   #233
okieblu

How Do You Identify?:
queer butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
hey you!
Relationship Status:
Single

Butch femme couple at Mona's, an old dyke/queer bar. I think it was in NYC, but I'd have to look it up. Taken sometime in the 1950's.

Old 03-26-2014, 11:12 AM   #234
silkepus

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
feminine ones
Relationship Status:

Okieblu I'm in love with all your images! They're amazing, I hope you have many more

Old 03-26-2014, 11:36 AM   #235
okieblu

How Do You Identify?:
queer butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
hey you!
Relationship Status:
Single

This is a still from a documentary, 'A Persistent Desire'. I think it said photographer is Lenn Keller. Very handsome older butch femme couple. Yes, I know most of these are of couples. Sorry.

Oh, just follow this back to the website for info on the doc.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to okieblu For This Useful Post:
Old 03-26-2014, 11:42 AM   #236
okieblu

How Do You Identify?:
queer butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
hey you!
Relationship Status:
Single

Quote:
Originally Posted by silkepus View Post
Okieblu I'm in love with all your images! They're amazing, I hope you have many more
Thanks! I was a little worried that I was over-doing it. Very glad you are enjoying the show!
Leigh
The Following User Says Thank You to okieblu For This Useful Post:
Old 03-26-2014, 11:49 AM   #237
okieblu

How Do You Identify?:
queer butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
hey you!
Relationship Status:
Single

Okay just found this one online. I'd never seen this one before. I think it's from the 1960's.
The website apparently is a collection of essays. I'm going to check it out myself eventually. In the meantime, here is the site if you want to look the essays up yourself. sitemaker dot umich dot edu forward slash lesbianhistories forward slash Hopefully that will get you to the right spot.

And the photo...
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to okieblu For This Useful Post:
Old 03-26-2014, 11:55 AM   #238
okieblu

How Do You Identify?:
queer butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
hey you!
Relationship Status:
Single

Okay, gonna post a couple of photos here of Leslie Feinberg, a personal hero of mine.
This is a still from the documentary 'Outlaw' which you will only see if you can catch it as a film festival. No folks, it's not for sale to individuals. More's the pity.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to okieblu For This Useful Post:
Old 03-26-2014, 11:57 AM   #239
okieblu

How Do You Identify?:
queer butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
hey you!
Relationship Status:
Single

And another one, a little older. I think this was taken for an interview hy did with a university paper-I think.

The Following User Says Thank You to okieblu For This Useful Post:
Old 03-26-2014, 12:03 PM   #240
okieblu

How Do You Identify?:
queer butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
hey you!
Relationship Status:
Single

British painter-and out butch-Gluck (Hannah Gluckstein 1895-1978). Going to do a couple of Gluck, also. Check hym out, he was a very good painter.

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to okieblu For This Useful Post: