Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > POLITICS, CULTURE, NEWS, MEDIA > Current Affairs/World Issues/Science And History

Old 08-26-2011, 07:22 PM   #41
Heart

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Relationship Status:
rainbows!

Thanked 2,531 Times in 412 Posts
Heart Has the BEST ReputationHeart Has the BEST ReputationHeart Has the BEST ReputationHeart Has the BEST ReputationHeart Has the BEST ReputationHeart Has the BEST ReputationHeart Has the BEST ReputationHeart Has the BEST ReputationHeart Has the BEST ReputationHeart Has the BEST ReputationHeart Has the BEST Reputation

Coastal areas of Brooklyn, Queens, and Staten Island are being ordered to evacuate. I have lived in NYC for 54 years and have never seen the likes of this preparation. They didn't shut down MTA after 9/11, even though it destroyed a subway station. But they're shutting it down for Irene. I gotta wonder how much of this is mother nature and how much is politics?

Anyway, they sure have my attention. Irene is a Cat3 (Katrina was Cat5), but she's HUGE and moving slowly. We may all be hunkering down for several days. I made a big pot of pasta, have a flashlight, a transistor radio, extra batteries, and a tub full of water.

I'm worried about my son vacationing with family in Wellfleet on Cape Cod. I'm worried about a friend who lives on a boat. I'm worried about folks in this city that are homeless, I'm worried about my elderly parents, (though they aren't in a flood zone).

I'll be happy when this is over.

Heart
Heart is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Heart For This Useful Post:
Old 08-26-2011, 07:36 PM   #42
ScandalAndy

How Do You Identify?:
human femme spitfire
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her
Relationship Status:
it's official!

Thanked 3,220 Times in 753 Posts
ScandalAndy Has the BEST ReputationScandalAndy Has the BEST ReputationScandalAndy Has the BEST ReputationScandalAndy Has the BEST ReputationScandalAndy Has the BEST ReputationScandalAndy Has the BEST ReputationScandalAndy Has the BEST ReputationScandalAndy Has the BEST ReputationScandalAndy Has the BEST ReputationScandalAndy Has the BEST ReputationScandalAndy Has the BEST Reputation

As of right now Irene is being classified as a Category 2 Hurricane, and is projected to lose strength rapidly over the next couple of days. Hope you all and your loved ones stay safe.

Weather Channel Hurricane Info
Old 08-26-2011, 09:30 PM   #43
Corkey
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Human
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Very Married

Thanked 29,299 Times in 6,640 Posts
Corkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST Reputation

If you have cat litter in the plastic containers, and they are empty, fill them with water, can be used to flush the john.
"Many proposals have been made to us to adopt your laws, your religion, your manners and your customs. We would be better pleased with beholding the good effects of these doctrines in your own practices, than with hearing you talk about them".
~Old Tassel, Chief of the Tsalagi (Cherokee)
Corkey is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Corkey For This Useful Post:
Old 08-26-2011, 09:42 PM   #44
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Thanked 26,893 Times in 5,771 Posts
DapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST Reputation
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommi View Post
Don't forget their needs...

Tommi, the Humane Society in our area is near a river, so the volunteers took animals home and the rest are able to stay for free at two boarding places.

Are you educated or indoctrinated?
DapperButch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to DapperButch For This Useful Post:
Old 08-26-2011, 09:45 PM   #45
ruffryder

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
guy ones
Relationship Status:

Thanked 9,678 Times in 2,875 Posts
ruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputation

My thoughts and prayers are with everyone in the path of the hurricane. Be safe all. God Bless.
ruffryder is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to ruffryder For This Useful Post:
Old 08-26-2011, 10:11 PM   #46
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

DapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST Reputation

Speaking of the potty.....

I worry about how I am going to be able to take my dog out to go...

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DapperButch For This Useful Post:
Old 08-26-2011, 10:17 PM   #47
Corkey
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Human
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Very Married

Thanked 29,299 Times in 6,640 Posts
Corkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by DapperButch View Post

Puppy pads, and lots of them.
"Many proposals have been made to us to adopt your laws, your religion, your manners and your customs. We would be better pleased with beholding the good effects of these doctrines in your own practices, than with hearing you talk about them".
~Old Tassel, Chief of the Tsalagi (Cherokee)
Corkey is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Corkey For This Useful Post:
Old 08-26-2011, 10:18 PM   #48
MsTinkerbelly
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:

Thanked 22,958 Times in 5,020 Posts
MsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:

Put towels or newspaper down in an out of the way area and take your dog to that area when it gets " that look". Otherwise I've got nothing!
MsTinkerbelly is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MsTinkerbelly For This Useful Post:
Old 08-26-2011, 10:22 PM   #49
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corkey View Post
Puppy pads, and lots of them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsTinkerbelly View Post
Put towels or newspaper down in an out of the way area and take your dog to that area when it gets " that look". Otherwise I've got nothing!
Yeah...I am wondering if that will work? Don't know. Problem is he was never trained on newpapers...just straight to going outside. I will try your suggestions.

It is possible if I put newspapers, puppy pads, or whatever, out in the garage, he will see that as "going out", I suppose. I think I will try that! Thanks for your thoughts, folks! <thumbs up>

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to DapperButch For This Useful Post:
Old 08-26-2011, 10:24 PM   #50
JazzGirl

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Feminine pronouns
Relationship Status:
Not looking

JazzGirl Has the BEST ReputationJazzGirl Has the BEST ReputationJazzGirl Has the BEST ReputationJazzGirl Has the BEST ReputationJazzGirl Has the BEST ReputationJazzGirl Has the BEST ReputationJazzGirl Has the BEST ReputationJazzGirl Has the BEST ReputationJazzGirl Has the BEST ReputationJazzGirl Has the BEST ReputationJazzGirl Has the BEST Reputation

My daughter is in Marshfield MA, does anyone know if she can get out of Boston to go north tomorrow evening? Is Boston closing down the T? She could stay there wtih a friend if not. Damn I am so worried.

" Love makes your soul crawl out from its hiding place." ~Zora Neale Hurston

"Talk to yourself from the perspective of truly being willing to do whatever it takes rather than relying on the same old excuses that keep you from making those changes. You'll be thrilled with yourself when you adopt an 'I'm willing' attitude."

— Dr. Wayne Dyer

JazzGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to JazzGirl For This Useful Post:
Old 08-27-2011, 02:37 AM   #51
J. Mason
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Banned 11/9/2011 - Previously banned member back under new name
Preferred Pronoun?:
He and His
Relationship Status:
Single

J. Mason Has the BEST ReputationJ. Mason Has the BEST ReputationJ. Mason Has the BEST ReputationJ. Mason Has the BEST ReputationJ. Mason Has the BEST ReputationJ. Mason Has the BEST ReputationJ. Mason Has the BEST ReputationJ. Mason Has the BEST ReputationJ. Mason Has the BEST ReputationJ. Mason Has the BEST ReputationJ. Mason Has the BEST Reputation

I hope everyone is safe and has their kits ready!!!

This hurricane is no laughing matter.
J. Mason is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to J. Mason For This Useful Post:
Old 08-27-2011, 06:18 AM   #52
Scorp
Italian Stallion

How Do You Identify?:
DNA Usually...

Thanked 4,721 Times in 1,270 Posts
Scorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST Reputation

Hi Jazz,

Bostonian here. Currently our MBTA (train transportation) is running on normal schedules as well as Commuter Rail. So she should be fine with heading North.

We will be getting a lot of rain today, but the worst of this will be in the daylight hours tomorrow (Sunday).

It's easier said than done when I say "try" not to worry. Our state is taking all the precautions necessary

You can also go here to check on things:

http://www.thebostonchannel.com

Hang in there

Best,
Scorp

Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzGirl View Post

My daughter is in Marshfield MA, does anyone know if she can get out of Boston to go north tomorrow evening? Is Boston closing down the T? She could stay there wtih a friend if not. Damn I am so worried.
Scorp is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Scorp For This Useful Post:
Old 08-27-2011, 06:24 AM   #53
Gaige

How Do You Identify?:
Stone Butch

Thanked 3,756 Times in 1,171 Posts
Gaige Has the BEST ReputationGaige Has the BEST ReputationGaige Has the BEST ReputationGaige Has the BEST ReputationGaige Has the BEST ReputationGaige Has the BEST ReputationGaige Has the BEST ReputationGaige Has the BEST ReputationGaige Has the BEST ReputationGaige Has the BEST ReputationGaige Has the BEST Reputation

I think I'm prepared. Yesterday I picked up some batteries for the flashlight and some peanut butter and bread incase I can't cook...although, there is still the grill outside. I pulled the trash cans in the yard and secured everything on the patio. Irene should start coming through soon and we're expecting the brunt overnight when I'll be at work. It's cloudy here in Baltimore at the moment but very calm...almost too calm. :/
Gaige is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Gaige For This Useful Post:
Old 08-27-2011, 06:29 AM   #54
JustJo
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
pushy broad
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Follow your heart; it knows things your mind cannot explain.

1 Highscore

Thanked 25,407 Times in 4,661 Posts
JustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Yeah...I am wondering if that will work? Don't know. Problem is he was never trained on newpapers...just straight to going outside. I will try your suggestions.

It is possible if I put newspapers, puppy pads, or whatever, out in the garage, he will see that as "going out", I suppose. I think I will try that! Thanks for your thoughts, folks! <thumbs up>
That should work...and some of the puppy pads have an "attractant" smell that gives them the message to "go here."

Good luck...and be safe everyone.
Old 08-27-2011, 06:35 AM   #55
jelli

How Do You Identify?:
Femmilicious
Preferred Pronoun?:
*she*
Relationship Status:
And you said I wasn’t your type!!!

Thanked 1,079 Times in 377 Posts
jelli Has the BEST Reputationjelli Has the BEST Reputationjelli Has the BEST Reputationjelli Has the BEST Reputationjelli Has the BEST Reputationjelli Has the BEST Reputationjelli Has the BEST Reputationjelli Has the BEST Reputationjelli Has the BEST Reputationjelli Has the BEST Reputationjelli Has the BEST Reputation
Lightbulb

This may have been mentioned already...

It was reported on the news about cell towers.

Charge cell phones and some may even want to have the instant charger(runs on batteries) on hand. Cell towers become overloaded during these times and you may not be able to call out or receive voice mail, but you will be able to text.

Be safe ALL.

“Sometimes we make the right decision; sometimes we make the decision right.”

“Every conflict is a lesson in self-discovery for both of us. Sometimes it's only hindsight that makes it worth it. For you, I would do it all again.“
jelli is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to jelli For This Useful Post:
Old 08-27-2011, 07:55 AM   #56
Abigail Crabby

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Princess
Relationship Status:
Single, but sociable

Thanked 9,667 Times in 2,484 Posts
Abigail Crabby Has the BEST ReputationAbigail Crabby Has the BEST ReputationAbigail Crabby Has the BEST ReputationAbigail Crabby Has the BEST ReputationAbigail Crabby Has the BEST ReputationAbigail Crabby Has the BEST ReputationAbigail Crabby Has the BEST ReputationAbigail Crabby Has the BEST ReputationAbigail Crabby Has the BEST ReputationAbigail Crabby Has the BEST ReputationAbigail Crabby Has the BEST Reputation

I'm watching the Outter Banks and Several places under mandatory evac

We're being hit with some major rain and winds and the worst is going to hit the Raleigh area where I will be working today.

Lots of flooding on the news, I hear that Dare Co. is under mandatory evacuation as well. Let's just say that our beaches are being hit hard.

Going to drop the kidlett off at her Mom's work and head to work. Unless our building actually falls to the ground TWC is up and running business as usual lol.

stay safe East Coasters -

Turns whatever happens to you into a positive...
Abigail Crabby is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Abigail Crabby For This Useful Post:
Old 08-27-2011, 08:04 AM   #57
justkim

How Do You Identify?:
Me...
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
<3 myself

Thanked 6,801 Times in 1,553 Posts
justkim Has the BEST Reputationjustkim Has the BEST Reputationjustkim Has the BEST Reputationjustkim Has the BEST Reputationjustkim Has the BEST Reputationjustkim Has the BEST Reputationjustkim Has the BEST Reputationjustkim Has the BEST Reputationjustkim Has the BEST Reputationjustkim Has the BEST Reputationjustkim Has the BEST Reputation

Please stay safe everyone! I have a great deal of family still in the Boston area and everyone we have talked to is trying to do their best to be prepared, but I honestly don't think you can ever truly be prepared when it comes to the crazy weather that is going on. Check in when you can...

"A word of encouragement during a failure is worth more than an hour of praise after success."
- Unknown -
justkim is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to justkim For This Useful Post:
Old 08-27-2011, 08:05 AM   #58
Admin
Administrator

How Do You Identify?:
Queer High Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/Her
Relationship Status:
Married to JD.

Thanked 5,633 Times in 1,013 Posts
Admin has disabled reputation
Member Photo Albums

We're thinking of everyone on the East Coast in the path of this storm and wishing for safety!
I hope people can check in periodically and let us know that you all are ok.
Admin is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Admin For This Useful Post:
Old 08-27-2011, 08:14 AM   #59
Dominique

How Do You Identify?:
Female/Lesbian/half the athlete I used to be
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her
Relationship Status:
Dates

Thanked 3,735 Times in 1,168 Posts
Dominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST Reputation

Depending on what type of internet service you have, you may loose that

also. Charge (of course, just repeating what I heard on this mornings news) your P.C. s up. Broadband and dial up (i didn't know dial up was still around) and they said Fios (which is a cable television/ internet service we have).... may go down. Almost certainly if power goes, and landline or cell service goes, internet will also. So more FYI stuff. they were also talking about candles.

Be careful with candles.

As long as there was coffee in the world, how bad could things be??

Last edited by Dominique; 08-27-2011 at 08:23 AM. Reason: incomplete thought
Dominique is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Dominique For This Useful Post:
Old 08-27-2011, 08:19 AM   #60
suebee

How Do You Identify?:
TOWANDA!
Preferred Pronoun?:
Queen Bee
Relationship Status:
Good 'n married.

1 Highscore

Location: Eastern Canada. But if I make a wrong turn at the lights I get stopped by a border guard.
Thanked 2,759 Times in 820 Posts
suebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputation

The ASPCA just posted this on facebook: SPECIAL NYC ALERT: All taxis ARE required to take animals. Please share!

Be safe everyone, and help out a homeless animal if you can!

Sue