Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > POLITICS, CULTURE, NEWS, MEDIA > Current Affairs/World Issues/Science And History

Old 08-27-2011, 08:57 AM   #61
JazzGirl

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Feminine pronouns
Relationship Status:
Not looking

JazzGirl Has the BEST ReputationJazzGirl Has the BEST ReputationJazzGirl Has the BEST ReputationJazzGirl Has the BEST ReputationJazzGirl Has the BEST ReputationJazzGirl Has the BEST ReputationJazzGirl Has the BEST ReputationJazzGirl Has the BEST ReputationJazzGirl Has the BEST ReputationJazzGirl Has the BEST ReputationJazzGirl Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorp View Post
Hi Jazz,

Bostonian here. Currently our MBTA (train transportation) is running on normal schedules as well as Commuter Rail. So she should be fine with heading North.

We will be getting a lot of rain today, but the worst of this will be in the daylight hours tomorrow (Sunday).

It's easier said than done when I say "try" not to worry. Our state is taking all the precautions necessary

You can also go here to check on things:

http://www.thebostonchannel.com

Hang in there

Best,
Scorp

Thank you so much!!!!!
I am grateful for your information and for your
time and care to answer.

Jazzie, who is still worried but not as much now.

" Love makes your soul crawl out from its hiding place." ~Zora Neale Hurston

"Talk to yourself from the perspective of truly being willing to do whatever it takes rather than relying on the same old excuses that keep you from making those changes. You'll be thrilled with yourself when you adopt an 'I'm willing' attitude."

— Dr. Wayne Dyer

JazzGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to JazzGirl For This Useful Post:
Old 08-27-2011, 09:07 AM   #62
Holly.88

How Do You Identify?:
Male and Unc to my God Son
Preferred Pronoun?:
Him, he, and 'hey, handsome' :P
Relationship Status:
She said "Yes!"

Holly.88 Has the BEST ReputationHolly.88 Has the BEST ReputationHolly.88 Has the BEST ReputationHolly.88 Has the BEST ReputationHolly.88 Has the BEST ReputationHolly.88 Has the BEST ReputationHolly.88 Has the BEST ReputationHolly.88 Has the BEST ReputationHolly.88 Has the BEST ReputationHolly.88 Has the BEST ReputationHolly.88 Has the BEST Reputation

Being from Louisiana, I've been through a hurricane or two. My advice for the east coasters is first of all, stay safe. Hurricanes will throw out just about every type of violent weather you can think of. A friend of mine lives in Va and had her five pound dog picked up by the wind. Luckily, she was able to literally catch her dog in the air. And just because it calms down a little, does not mean its over. If you're in the pathway of the eye, be EXTRA careful. If you do lose power, do your best to stay cool. When La. was hit by Rita a few years back, we lost power for over a week and the worst part was not having any AC. If you have a gas stove, you are very lucky. Find the biggest ice chest you can and fill it with stuff from your fridge. If you are lucky enough to have a generator, please do not run it inside your home. They release carbon monoxide and will kill you if ran inside. It happens down here everytime. Charge your phones. The hurricane may not affect your cell service, I can't remember ever having any problems with mine. Try not to be alone. Hurricanes can be very scary and a little company doesn't hurt. I'm sure that some of this has already been said, but its just a few things that help out when goin' through somethin' like this. We're all prayin' for everyone who will be in this storm's path.
Holly.88 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Holly.88 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-27-2011, 11:14 AM   #63
always2late

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
m'lady

Thanked 6,231 Times in 1,462 Posts
always2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputation

I just have to say, what a wonderful community we have here! Thank you all so much for the concern and well wishes! My service and power have started to become...um...erratic, so just wanted to say a big THANK YOU while I can

Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing there is a field. I'll meet you there ~ Rumi
always2late is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to always2late For This Useful Post:
Old 08-27-2011, 11:19 AM   #64
Daywalker

How Do You Identify?:
Hippy

Thanked 11,917 Times in 2,700 Posts
Daywalker Has the BEST ReputationDaywalker Has the BEST ReputationDaywalker Has the BEST ReputationDaywalker Has the BEST ReputationDaywalker Has the BEST ReputationDaywalker Has the BEST ReputationDaywalker Has the BEST ReputationDaywalker Has the BEST ReputationDaywalker Has the BEST ReputationDaywalker Has the BEST ReputationDaywalker Has the BEST Reputation

I am reminded by those on my friends feed that while folks are getting
themselves to safety on the East Coast ~ they drive by many
homeless folks that have no where to go for safety.

Why is this not a part of the Big Plan?
People are People are People.

I imagine them bouncing balls in their driveways and waving to the
mailman in their youth...and now they are at a state of being...erased.
I implore the Gov't of each state to remind themselves that they may
have played ball with some of these folks when they were young
and not even know it when they drive by...leaving them behind.

Old 08-27-2011, 11:31 AM   #65
ksrainbow

How Do You Identify?:
Valued

Thanked 2,149 Times in 561 Posts
ksrainbow Has the BEST Reputationksrainbow Has the BEST Reputationksrainbow Has the BEST Reputationksrainbow Has the BEST Reputationksrainbow Has the BEST Reputationksrainbow Has the BEST Reputationksrainbow Has the BEST Reputationksrainbow Has the BEST Reputationksrainbow Has the BEST Reputationksrainbow Has the BEST Reputationksrainbow Has the BEST Reputation

Please all near the east coast: be safe and take necessary precautions! Kansas may be my home, but I have many of you as friends! btw: I have two spare rooms if you need or want to move west!

ks-
ksrainbow is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ksrainbow For This Useful Post:
Old 08-27-2011, 12:34 PM   #66
BBinNYC

How Do You Identify?:
butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Fine with he or she. Just don't call me late for dinner.
Relationship Status:
married to the best femme in the world

Tournaments Won: 2

BBinNYC Has the BEST ReputationBBinNYC Has the BEST ReputationBBinNYC Has the BEST ReputationBBinNYC Has the BEST ReputationBBinNYC Has the BEST ReputationBBinNYC Has the BEST ReputationBBinNYC Has the BEST ReputationBBinNYC Has the BEST ReputationBBinNYC Has the BEST ReputationBBinNYC Has the BEST ReputationBBinNYC Has the BEST Reputation
Thumbs up NYC Update

Thanks to all on this thread for your good wishes and helpful info.

Jennifer and I are safe at home with a fridge full of food thanks to her superior grocery shopping skills!

It's been raining on and off here in Manhattan. The bad stuff is coming tonight.

So far so good.

BBinNYC
Old 08-27-2011, 12:52 PM   #67
Tommi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Usually "Hello"
Relationship Status:
Married and Bound to Tommi's kaijira (Ts_kaijira )

1 Highscore

Location: Suthun.... California that is. Across the ridge from Laguna Beach.
Thanked 21,337 Times in 5,968 Posts
Tommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBinNYC View Post
Thanks to all on this thread for your good wishes and helpful info.

Jennifer and I are safe at home with a fridge full of food thanks to her superior grocery shopping skills!

It's been raining on and off here in Manhattan. The bad stuff is coming tonight.

So far so good.

BBinNYC
That's good news BB. Way to go for Jennifer. As it heads your way, I am here watching the news and hearing about NY being pro-active in preparing for the worst.

BB, One of the things they are fearful of will be the winds pummeling between the tall buildings and breaking windows , then flying glass.
Best wishes to all.
Tommi
Tommi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Tommi For This Useful Post:
Old 08-27-2011, 01:59 PM   #68
NJFemmie

How Do You Identify?:
The original lime-twisted femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
I answer to most things, especially lesbian.
Relationship Status:
Still loving my Mare ;)

3 Highscores

Thanked 11,425 Times in 2,978 Posts
NJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST Reputation

Mare and I went shopping for the second time just to make sure we have what we think we'll need. It's raining here now, but the heavier stuff is coming tonight. I just heard it reached Cape May.

I am so not looking forward to this.

NJFemmie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to NJFemmie For This Useful Post:
Old 08-27-2011, 03:23 PM   #69
msW8ing

How Do You Identify?:
multi-faceted gem, femme, submissive babygirl if the chemistry is there.
Preferred Pronoun?:
lady
Relationship Status:
working on myself

Thanked 2,498 Times in 655 Posts
msW8ing Has the BEST ReputationmsW8ing Has the BEST ReputationmsW8ing Has the BEST ReputationmsW8ing Has the BEST ReputationmsW8ing Has the BEST ReputationmsW8ing Has the BEST ReputationmsW8ing Has the BEST ReputationmsW8ing Has the BEST ReputationmsW8ing Has the BEST ReputationmsW8ing Has the BEST ReputationmsW8ing Has the BEST Reputation

http://www.wunderground.com/tropical...09.public.html

A lady who knows the ropes..will never be bound. ~Mae West
msW8ing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 04:14 PM   #70
Mister Bent

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 5,831 Times in 1,721 Posts
Mister Bent Has the BEST ReputationMister Bent Has the BEST ReputationMister Bent Has the BEST ReputationMister Bent Has the BEST ReputationMister Bent Has the BEST ReputationMister Bent Has the BEST ReputationMister Bent Has the BEST ReputationMister Bent Has the BEST ReputationMister Bent Has the BEST ReputationMister Bent Has the BEST ReputationMister Bent Has the BEST Reputation
Default While other suckers were buying up all the water...

I'm just in from securing the porch furniture against a bracing 4 - 5 mph wind.

I stocked my personal evacuation center earlier today in the event any New Yorkers need rescue. Something for everyone!

Hold your loved ones close, these are dangerous times!

Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats.
- H. L. Mencken
Mister Bent is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Mister Bent For This Useful Post:
Old 08-27-2011, 04:22 PM   #71
Reader
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Butch, Dyke, Feminist, Contrarian
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 2,229 Times in 586 Posts
Reader Has the BEST ReputationReader Has the BEST ReputationReader Has the BEST ReputationReader Has the BEST ReputationReader Has the BEST ReputationReader Has the BEST ReputationReader Has the BEST ReputationReader Has the BEST ReputationReader Has the BEST ReputationReader Has the BEST ReputationReader Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsW8ing View Post
Here is what I find odd tonight, the birds are once again yapping outside. WTH? They were all silent yesterday, as were the various other animals in Jersey where I am, but tonight they seem to be saying, "Eh, pass the sunflower seeds." This makes me think it is not going to hit Jersey too badly.
Reader is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Reader For This Useful Post:
Old 08-27-2011, 04:29 PM   #72
Inked_Trinity

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
BadAss! / Sarcastic Bastard!

Thanked 6,924 Times in 1,817 Posts
Inked_Trinity Has the BEST ReputationInked_Trinity Has the BEST ReputationInked_Trinity Has the BEST ReputationInked_Trinity Has the BEST ReputationInked_Trinity Has the BEST ReputationInked_Trinity Has the BEST ReputationInked_Trinity Has the BEST ReputationInked_Trinity Has the BEST ReputationInked_Trinity Has the BEST ReputationInked_Trinity Has the BEST ReputationInked_Trinity Has the BEST Reputation
Default Virginia update

I'm riding out the storm on a 14 hr shift at work. I work as a security director for an outlet center. I live in Manassas, which was having power outages when I left for work around 4. We are expecting 30-40 mph, heavy rains and flooding. So far no major damage here.
Old 08-27-2011, 04:29 PM   #73
ruffryder

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
guy ones
Relationship Status:

Thanked 9,678 Times in 2,875 Posts
ruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputation

Current news http://www.newser.com/story/127064/s...ane-irene.html claims 5 deaths already. Millions are without power from NC to VA to MD. Flooding and tornadoes are occurring. No flights in or out of these areas and NY. Evacuate if you still can and need to otherwise stay in and be safe. This storm is not a joke. God bless and keep safe everyone in this hurricane's path.
ruffryder is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to ruffryder For This Useful Post:
Old 08-27-2011, 04:42 PM   #74
LaDivina

How Do You Identify?:
Lady-femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Lady-ones

Thanked 1,729 Times in 413 Posts
LaDivina Has the BEST ReputationLaDivina Has the BEST ReputationLaDivina Has the BEST ReputationLaDivina Has the BEST ReputationLaDivina Has the BEST ReputationLaDivina Has the BEST ReputationLaDivina Has the BEST ReputationLaDivina Has the BEST ReputationLaDivina Has the BEST ReputationLaDivina Has the BEST ReputationLaDivina Has the BEST Reputation

We had a lull in the rain for about an hour, so I went out to the garden and picked every tomato that wasn't completely green. Time to make more sauce!

LaDivina is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to LaDivina For This Useful Post:
Old 08-27-2011, 04:49 PM   #75
Scorp
Italian Stallion

How Do You Identify?:
DNA Usually...

Thanked 4,721 Times in 1,270 Posts
Scorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST Reputation

Nice tomatoes babe....

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaDivina View Post
We had a lull in the rain for about an hour, so I went out to the garden and picked every tomato that wasn't completely green. Time to make more sauce!

Scorp is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Scorp For This Useful Post:
Old 08-27-2011, 06:40 PM   #76
Reader
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Butch, Dyke, Feminist, Contrarian
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 2,229 Times in 586 Posts
Reader Has the BEST ReputationReader Has the BEST ReputationReader Has the BEST ReputationReader Has the BEST ReputationReader Has the BEST ReputationReader Has the BEST ReputationReader Has the BEST ReputationReader Has the BEST ReputationReader Has the BEST ReputationReader Has the BEST ReputationReader Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:

Argh...I have tomato envy. I just ate my last good tomato. It was quite yummy as a sandwich. Mmmmm.
Reader is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Reader For This Useful Post:
Old 08-27-2011, 06:56 PM   #77
LaDivina

How Do You Identify?:
Lady-femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Lady-ones

LaDivina Has the BEST ReputationLaDivina Has the BEST ReputationLaDivina Has the BEST ReputationLaDivina Has the BEST ReputationLaDivina Has the BEST ReputationLaDivina Has the BEST ReputationLaDivina Has the BEST ReputationLaDivina Has the BEST ReputationLaDivina Has the BEST ReputationLaDivina Has the BEST ReputationLaDivina Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorp View Post
Nice tomatoes babe....
Almost as nice as your melons.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LaDivina For This Useful Post:
Old 08-27-2011, 07:01 PM   #78
Strappie

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
I know who I am... Doesn't matter
Relationship Status:
It's a new day....

Thanked 4,946 Times in 1,350 Posts
Strappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Almost as nice as your melons.
Nothing can compare to Scorpies MELONS! I can't wait to see them again!! *chuckles*
Strappie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Strappie For This Useful Post:
Old 08-27-2011, 07:08 PM   #79
LaDivina

How Do You Identify?:
Lady-femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Lady-ones

Did your daughter make it out of Marshfield? I just got an email saying they're suspending all MBTA services starting at 8:00 tomorrow morning.
http://mbta.com/about_the_mbta/news_...2&month=&year=

Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzGirl View Post

Thank you so much!!!!!
I am grateful for your information and for your
time and care to answer.

Jazzie, who is still worried but not as much now.

The Following User Says Thank You to LaDivina For This Useful Post:
Old 08-27-2011, 07:57 PM   #80
iamkeri1

How Do You Identify?:
femme woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
solo

1 Highscore

Thanked 1,944 Times in 584 Posts
iamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputation

I'm from Florida. I'm not laughing and no one else here is either. I went through hell with the three hurrricanes that pummeled florida in 2004 (Charlie Frances, Jeanne) Frances went back and forth across the state four times. Parts of it were over Florida for FOUR DAYS! Had my shingles and part of my siding blown off along with other damage totalling almost $40,000.00. I would never wish that on anyone. Took almost a year to get the inside of the home fixed because contractors were so busy. Looking at falling down ceilings for a year is depressing as hell.

But nothing compared to what folks went through with Catrina. When Catrina bounced off the Southern end of Florida before she headed to the Louisiana and Mississippi gulf coast, she did significant damage to Miami (you never hear about that when Catrina is discussed.) Following Catrina I heard many Floridians say that they wished Catrina had stayed in Florida rather than go on as she did. Florida is pretty much sand (it's one big sand dune, with excellent drainage) We would not have suffered the devastation that was wrought in New Orleans and elsewhere by the flooding. Far from laughing at them, we would gladly have suffered our own losses rather than have them suffer what they did.

I was watching Rachel Maddow ... what she actually said was that she figured that West Coast people were laughing at the east coasters over the earthquake for what they might have considered to be over-reaction by easterners to what is a frequent occurrence on CA. Also that Floridians who have frequent exposure to hurricanes might be snickering over more northern folks panic over the hurricane headed their way.

We cheered all those energy company trucks coming in to FLorida to help us out. We sent lots of our own to help out after Catrina.

We are not snickering. We are worried about y'all. Hope everyone is OK.
Smooches,
Keri
iamkeri1 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to iamkeri1 For This Useful Post: