Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > POLITICS, CULTURE, NEWS, MEDIA > Current Affairs/World Issues/Science And History

Old 10-26-2012, 04:47 PM   #61
Teddybear

How Do You Identify?:
by my name
Preferred Pronoun?:
He, him
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 6,239 Times in 1,687 Posts
Teddybear Has the BEST ReputationTeddybear Has the BEST ReputationTeddybear Has the BEST ReputationTeddybear Has the BEST ReputationTeddybear Has the BEST ReputationTeddybear Has the BEST ReputationTeddybear Has the BEST ReputationTeddybear Has the BEST ReputationTeddybear Has the BEST ReputationTeddybear Has the BEST ReputationTeddybear Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reader View Post
Chateau Reader in New Jersey is open for business!
Not sure where in NJ u r but Im hearing that they are predicting it is going to hit NJ. Stay safe
Teddybear is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Teddybear For This Useful Post:
Old 10-26-2012, 04:51 PM   #62
NJFemmie

How Do You Identify?:
The original lime-twisted femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
I answer to most things, especially lesbian.
Relationship Status:
Still loving my Mare ;)

3 Highscores

Thanked 11,425 Times in 2,978 Posts
NJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST Reputation

So NOT looking forward to this.
I hope we don't get as much rain as they say we might.
I actually prefer my Nor'Easters to be snow.

NJFemmie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to NJFemmie For This Useful Post:
Old 10-26-2012, 11:30 PM   #63
Corkey
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Human
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Very Married

Thanked 29,299 Times in 6,640 Posts
Corkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST Reputation

Ami had a feeling. She has never had to do the emergency prep before, not even for snow storms.
6 gal of water
another case of flavored water
led lantern
2 55 hour candles on top of the one we already have that is a survival one which we can cook with.
1 large tub for the um plumbing needs (to be filled with fresh water)
1 land line
assorted nonperishable food.
wet wipes
paper towels
disposable bowls and utensils.

We're good to go.
"Many proposals have been made to us to adopt your laws, your religion, your manners and your customs. We would be better pleased with beholding the good effects of these doctrines in your own practices, than with hearing you talk about them".
~Old Tassel, Chief of the Tsalagi (Cherokee)
Corkey is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Corkey For This Useful Post:
Old 10-27-2012, 12:09 AM   #64
Lady Pamela

How Do You Identify?:
A Lady..Femme..Free Spirit with a touch of survivalist woman in me.
Preferred Pronoun?:
Spiritual Warrior..She Ra..Baby Doll, or anything close..ha!
Relationship Status:
In perfect love and perfect trust I believe that will be directed..for now Just friends in my life.

1 Highscore

Location: Live in Utah but take trips to Arkansas. Plan to move there eventually.
Thanked 5,939 Times in 1,609 Posts
Lady Pamela Has the BEST ReputationLady Pamela Has the BEST ReputationLady Pamela Has the BEST ReputationLady Pamela Has the BEST ReputationLady Pamela Has the BEST ReputationLady Pamela Has the BEST ReputationLady Pamela Has the BEST ReputationLady Pamela Has the BEST ReputationLady Pamela Has the BEST ReputationLady Pamela Has the BEST ReputationLady Pamela Has the BEST Reputation

First off..everyone there please stay safe and evacuate if at all possible.

If not make sure you fill your tub full of water
Fill freezer bags full of water and freeze as many as you can stuff in freezer..helps to keep stuff cold and serve as emergency water
Gallons of water 1 each per day per person for drinking for a week in best suggested.
If you have a storage freezer freeze bottles of water
Food for a week for each person that doesnt need to stay cold.
meds and first aide.
Keep phone charged so you have it. Keep it off unless in use while hurricane
animal food and articles
STUFF TO COOK OUT OR ON THAT IS RUN BY BRIQUETTES OR,GAS OR OIL
tONS OF ABTTERIES AND FLASHLIGHTS..LOL
oops got excited..ha

Remember in the event things get really bad..water in water heaters is clean and can be used..just sayin.

When negative thoughts come to mind,
Let them die stillborn.
Speak and do posotive in any situation,
And watch your dreams grow and flurish.
If you can't say anything posotive, Zip it up.
Do not give birth to that which you do not want to see grow.
See it, Believe it, Own it, Have it!
~*~ Lady Pamela ~*~
Lady Pamela is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lady Pamela For This Useful Post:
Old 10-27-2012, 12:43 AM   #65
Parker
Timed Out - Permanent

How Do You Identify?:
Butch. Lesbian. Dyke. Woman. Female.
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, of course!
Relationship Status:
Content

Thanked 11,730 Times in 2,432 Posts
Parker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST Reputation

Ugh, this storm - I worry about you all - a lot of my family is in PA, so I worry about them as well. My sis-in-law sent me a FB message asking about generators & wanted advice on which kind/size to buy because they were without power during the last big storm and they wanted to be better prepared this time.

Just seems like the east coast is getting pounded over the past couple of years - almost as much as the south!

Stay safe - all of you!
Parker is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Parker For This Useful Post:
Old 10-27-2012, 02:21 AM   #66
bright_arrow
☆ the stars are aligned ☆

How Do You Identify?:
strong, independent, badass redhead
Preferred Pronoun?:
babygirl, buttercup, sugah
Relationship Status:
married to my Boo Daddy <3

Thanked 9,359 Times in 2,295 Posts
bright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

We purchased a 5g water carrier for our camping trips over the summer.. just filled that with water. Think perhaps I will swing by grocery store tomorrow and pick up a few of those big bottles of water, and some candles and pet food, perhaps some tuna and canned fruit. We have firewood. Will make note to pick up some matches and/or lighters, and perhaps a big lantern in case we lose power.

Caught up on laundry, so bedding and clothes are fine. Now I am fretting about if I have to go to work in this weather [they are training us to handwrite out sales tickets in case our generator goes out.. uhm.. really?], and if I do, not being all showered. Also, do I need to go get my snow tires put on the truck and get the four 70 lb sand bags in the back to way it down? Never had to prepare for anything like this

ETA: I have been telling Bard we need to stock up our pantry cause, well, we live in Upstate NY. Shit happens. Yeah we are in the city, and that is good enough reason! Found a link that lists a 'hurricane grocery list'. Thought this could help out some people since I found it useful: http://www.sptimes.com/2007/06/06/Fo...e_grocer.shtml

Last edited by bright_arrow; 10-27-2012 at 02:24 AM.
bright_arrow is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bright_arrow For This Useful Post:
Old 10-27-2012, 03:25 PM   #67
ruffryder

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
guy ones
Relationship Status:

Thanked 9,678 Times in 2,875 Posts
ruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputation
Default perfect storm

5 reasons why Sandy is expcected to be a superstorm:

1. A NORTHBOUND HURRICANE

Hurricane Sandy is moving very slowly toward the north-northeast and is expected to continue its current path parallel to the Carolinas over the weekend, forecasters say. At some point, it's expected to become what's known as an extratropical storm. Unlike a tropical system like a hurricane, which gets its power from warm ocean waters, extratropical systems are driven by temperature contrasts in the atmosphere. At some point, probably Monday, Sandy will begin to turn back toward the coast and eventually make landfall over Delaware or New Jersey.

2. EARLY WINTER STORM

Sandy is expected to merge with a wintry system from the west, at which point it will become the powerful superstorm that has forecasters and officials all along the Eastern Seaboard on edge. Winds from that system will pull Sandy back toward the U.S. mainland.

3. ARCTIC AIR FROM THE NORTH

Frigid air coming south from Canada also is expected to collide with Sandy and the wintry storm from the west, creating a megastorm that is expected to park over the northeast for days. Forecasters are expecting residents from Florida to North Carolina to feel the peripheral effects. But the brunt of the storm will hit states farther north once Sandy collides with the winter storm and frigid air. Officials are bracing for the worst: nearly a foot of rain, high winds and up to 2 feet of snow.

4. HIGH TIDES COULD WORSEN FLOODING

Further complicating matters is the possibility for dangerous storm surges: A full moon means the tides will be higher than usual, which will make it easier for the storm's powerful winds to push water into low-lying areas. That, coupled with the threat of several inches of rain, has officials working to shore up flood defenses.

5. COMBO OF SNOW, WIND INCREASES RISK FOR WIDESPREAD POWER OUTAGES

The superstorm brings two possibilities for knocking out electricity. For one, hurricane-force winds of at 74 mph could send tree branches into power lines, or even topple entire trees and power poles. Those left standing could succumb to snow, which could weigh down still-leafy branches enough to also topple trees.

Associated Press
ruffryder is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ruffryder For This Useful Post:
Old 10-27-2012, 03:52 PM   #68
stargazingboi

How Do You Identify?:
~
Preferred Pronoun?:
~

Thanked 8,321 Times in 1,626 Posts
stargazingboi Has the BEST Reputationstargazingboi Has the BEST Reputationstargazingboi Has the BEST Reputationstargazingboi Has the BEST Reputationstargazingboi Has the BEST Reputationstargazingboi Has the BEST Reputationstargazingboi Has the BEST Reputationstargazingboi Has the BEST Reputationstargazingboi Has the BEST Reputationstargazingboi Has the BEST Reputationstargazingboi Has the BEST Reputation

I am currently in the CT area and they have already started the list of evacuations that will be started tomorrow morning. The amount of rain they say will be dangerous, power outages for extended amount of time, and they have already stated they expect lives to be lost. Shelters have already started opening and the national guard have been activated and running drills.

The storm is expected to last longer than others we have experienced in the past (normally they last 12 hours, this one is to run a course of 36 hours). This time last year we had snow that cancelled Halloween and it seems it will be cancelled once again. I feel bad for the kids on many levels, two years in a row sucks.

I'm not sure how worried I am about it. I think a little, I know the dogs are...been acting nutty and clingy today, but they are confused as they watched things be moved today and sense the storm I am sure.

I am lucky that when it hits I'll be home which is on a hill so water levels shouldn't effect my living space. I have candles and a grill. Its the afterwards I'm a tad concerned about. Since, I am in the middle of a move and need to be out of here for the first. This storm may cause issues in that area.

I do hope everyone in the path finds a safe place to be and no harm comes to them in any form. My thoughts are with you all.
stargazingboi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to stargazingboi For This Useful Post:
Old 10-27-2012, 03:54 PM   #69
SmoothButch

How Do You Identify?:
human
Preferred Pronoun?:
X
Relationship Status:
Happily enjoying my life

Thanked 1,297 Times in 400 Posts
SmoothButch Has the BEST ReputationSmoothButch Has the BEST ReputationSmoothButch Has the BEST ReputationSmoothButch Has the BEST ReputationSmoothButch Has the BEST ReputationSmoothButch Has the BEST ReputationSmoothButch Has the BEST ReputationSmoothButch Has the BEST ReputationSmoothButch Has the BEST ReputationSmoothButch Has the BEST ReputationSmoothButch Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

[FONT="Trebuchet MS"]Laerkin & I are in VA in the projected path of Sandy. We both filled up on gas yesterday. Today we took cash out, went grocery shopping, for us and the cats. Bought extra TP, bottled water, big trash bags, paper plates, paper towels, candles, cat litter, snacks, drinks etc. The laundry is done and the dishes are clean. The only thing I have left to do is secure the items in the yard. The drill is charged, iPad, phones are charged up and the air compressor is charged.

We aren't really worried but for the most part prepared.

Be safe!/FONT]
Old 10-27-2012, 04:58 PM   #70
stargazingboi

How Do You Identify?:
~
Preferred Pronoun?:
~

Thanked 8,321 Times in 1,626 Posts
stargazingboi Has the BEST Reputationstargazingboi Has the BEST Reputationstargazingboi Has the BEST Reputationstargazingboi Has the BEST Reputationstargazingboi Has the BEST Reputationstargazingboi Has the BEST Reputationstargazingboi Has the BEST Reputationstargazingboi Has the BEST Reputationstargazingboi Has the BEST Reputationstargazingboi Has the BEST Reputationstargazingboi Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmoothButch View Post
[FONT="Trebuchet MS"]Laerkin & I are in VA in the projected path of Sandy. We both filled up on gas yesterday. Today we took cash out, went grocery shopping, for us and the cats. Bought extra TP, bottled water, big trash bags, paper plates, paper towels, candles, cat litter, snacks, drinks etc. The laundry is done and the dishes are clean. The only thing I have left to do is secure the items in the yard. The drill is charged, iPad, phones are charged up and the air compressor is charged.

We aren't really worried but for the most part prepared.

Be safe!/FONT]

Thanks....you just reminded me I need to hit the ATM
stargazingboi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to stargazingboi For This Useful Post:
Old 10-27-2012, 05:06 PM   #71
Semantics

How Do You Identify?:
malapropist
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 4,024 Times in 1,209 Posts
Semantics Has the BEST ReputationSemantics Has the BEST ReputationSemantics Has the BEST ReputationSemantics Has the BEST ReputationSemantics Has the BEST ReputationSemantics Has the BEST ReputationSemantics Has the BEST ReputationSemantics Has the BEST ReputationSemantics Has the BEST ReputationSemantics Has the BEST ReputationSemantics Has the BEST Reputation

I'm as ready as I can be. Stay safe everyone!

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexri View Post
Too early to know for sure what this storm will do, but I believe there's no doubt that wherever it hits, it will be massive, it will be slow moving, and it will be messy.

Grocery stores are already crazy here. I picked up some extra gallons of water and non-perishable foods that don't involve cooking in case I lose power. Tried to pick the most healthy things I could.

Last year I lost power for 8 days in Irene, and then another 5 days in the Halloween storm. Three years ago I spent three days pumping 6 feet of water out of my basement. The news had coverage of my city mall under water. That was 4 days of no heat, no water, no electricity. I learned my lessons well.

I'd rather assume the worst but do so without over-panicking. Maybe I'm over-preparing but I'd rather have all my bases covered.

Things I did today:
* Removed everything from the yard that could become an 50 mph projectile into my windows
* Prepared to eat down as much of the frozen/refrigerated food as I can before the storm hits, so if I do lose power for days again, I won't throw out a ton of food
* Made sure I have plenty of clean drinking water for at least 4 days
* Stocked up the rest of the extra firewood in the garage so if I lose power, at least I can have fireplace heat
* Put all the candles, matches and flashlights in an easy place where I can find them. Also got out my old walkman and the batteries for that so I can listen to radio announcements via headphones if I need to.
* Put a flashlight in the car so if I lose power before I get home from work, I can find my way into and around the house to the other flashlights
* Started charging everything that needs to be charged.
* Got all my pumps, hoses and extension cords ready in the garage in case I get flooding again and need to pump water out.
* Started making lots of extra ice to fill the freezer and a cooler if I need to keep some food items on ice in a power outage.
* I don't have enough food in the fridge/freezer for it, but if I did, I would turn up the settings now to get them cooler.
* Filled up my gas tank, and some spare gas containers in the garage.
* Made sure I had a written list of phone numbers for friends in the area that can help me if I am stuck in case my cell phone dies.
* for the pets- I have a new bag of food and tons of clean litter.
* I double checked my evacuation kit and my medical kit, making sure I have everything I may need ready to go if I have to get the heck out of here.
* went to the library to pick up some good books.

Right before the storm I will..
* Unplug non-essential appliances in the event of a power surge
* Locate all of my shovels in the garage if this thing turns to snow
* make sure I have 4 days of clean clothes and towels in case I can't do laundry for days.
I don't see apple turnovers anywhere on those lists.
Semantics is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Semantics For This Useful Post:
Old 10-27-2012, 05:11 PM   #72
ButchEire
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Permanent ban 3/17/2013 - TROLL
Relationship Status:
Partner to my best friend

Thanked 1,874 Times in 485 Posts
ButchEire Has the BEST ReputationButchEire Has the BEST ReputationButchEire Has the BEST ReputationButchEire Has the BEST ReputationButchEire Has the BEST ReputationButchEire Has the BEST ReputationButchEire Has the BEST ReputationButchEire Has the BEST ReputationButchEire Has the BEST ReputationButchEire Has the BEST ReputationButchEire Has the BEST Reputation

We're plenty prepped with a few bottles of wine, a clean cock and plenty of lube. We're gonna ride out this bad boy.
ButchEire is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ButchEire For This Useful Post:
Old 10-27-2012, 05:19 PM   #73
Kobi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Biological female. Lesbian.
Relationship Status:
Happy

39 Highscores

Thanked 34,661 Times in 7,652 Posts
Kobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST Reputation

Ready up this way. All the outdoor stuff is secured. All the provisions are at hand.....thanks to desd's list, I even bought stuff I dont normally buy like cheetos and cheez-its. Thanks d.

First time I ever had to go buy flashlights to fit my battery supply.

Tomorrow will just finish up the incidentals, start charging stuff, and start unplugging stuff.

And, forget about the storm until after football is over. Priorities ya know.

Kobi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Kobi For This Useful Post:
Old 10-27-2012, 05:25 PM   #74
Corkey
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Human
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Very Married

Thanked 29,299 Times in 6,640 Posts
Corkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST Reputation

Surge protectors really work. Land lines folks for if the cell towers go down, they're like 5 bucks.
Everything but the steel grill is in the shed and storm windows are on and I can't fine 2 ...figures. Will search the shed tomorrow in the light.
They've taken down our advisory for tropical storm and we're waiting on the next advisory to come out.

The thunderstorms from the 1st storm have passed, and we may get some time before the next set, so perhaps we'll be spared some flooding.
"Many proposals have been made to us to adopt your laws, your religion, your manners and your customs. We would be better pleased with beholding the good effects of these doctrines in your own practices, than with hearing you talk about them".
~Old Tassel, Chief of the Tsalagi (Cherokee)
Corkey is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Corkey For This Useful Post:
Old 10-27-2012, 05:46 PM   #75
funkyfemme
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Gamey as Fuck
Relationship Status:
I move from person to person real quick.

Thanked 2,824 Times in 662 Posts
funkyfemme Has the BEST Reputationfunkyfemme Has the BEST Reputationfunkyfemme Has the BEST Reputationfunkyfemme Has the BEST Reputationfunkyfemme Has the BEST Reputationfunkyfemme Has the BEST Reputationfunkyfemme Has the BEST Reputationfunkyfemme Has the BEST Reputationfunkyfemme Has the BEST Reputationfunkyfemme Has the BEST Reputationfunkyfemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by ButchEire View Post
We're plenty prepped with a few bottles of wine, a clean cock and plenty of lube. We're gonna ride out this bad boy.
Awwwwww honey!!! You and your preparedness. You take such good care of me!

Oh wait...did you pick me up some D batteries??????
funkyfemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to funkyfemme For This Useful Post:
Old 10-27-2012, 06:34 PM   #76
cinnamongrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
cleverly disguised as a responsible adult*
Preferred Pronoun?:
wild woman
Relationship Status:
No, thank you.

Location: in my heart I'm going to Carolina...but I'm in MA for now
Thanked 27,378 Times in 6,866 Posts
cinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
i soooooooo thought i read that wrong....but nope....it says cock.....lol
happy trails....:
cinnamongrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cinnamongrrl For This Useful Post:
Old 10-27-2012, 07:42 PM   #77
Dance-with-me

How Do You Identify?:
Femme

Thanked 1,926 Times in 378 Posts
Dance-with-me Has the BEST ReputationDance-with-me Has the BEST ReputationDance-with-me Has the BEST ReputationDance-with-me Has the BEST ReputationDance-with-me Has the BEST ReputationDance-with-me Has the BEST ReputationDance-with-me Has the BEST ReputationDance-with-me Has the BEST ReputationDance-with-me Has the BEST ReputationDance-with-me Has the BEST ReputationDance-with-me Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
LMAO! Love it!

Of course what this tells me is that wherever I end up riding out the storm, I should avoid crashing with a couple who might want to RIDE this out in their own special way...
Old 10-27-2012, 08:09 PM   #78
Medusa
Mentally Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Queer High Femme, thank you very much
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mme.
Relationship Status:
Married to JD.

Thanked 42,871 Times in 7,835 Posts
Medusa has disabled reputation

Worried about folks but glad to see that you all are taking precautions.

Remember that comfort food like chocolate can go a long way for your mood if you get caught without power.
Get some cards and magazines and books to stay occupied!

I hope like hell this storm takes a last minute turn and by some miracle doesn't dump hell on everyone.
Medusa is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Medusa For This Useful Post:
Old 10-27-2012, 08:13 PM   #79
Julie

How Do You Identify?:
Angel * Femme * Lesbian * Girl * Woman * Slut * Bitch *
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
No longer a Virgin Bride to Dreamer ~ May 17th, 2014

Thanked 18,160 Times in 3,633 Posts
Julie Has the BEST ReputationJulie Has the BEST ReputationJulie Has the BEST ReputationJulie Has the BEST ReputationJulie Has the BEST ReputationJulie Has the BEST ReputationJulie Has the BEST ReputationJulie Has the BEST ReputationJulie Has the BEST ReputationJulie Has the BEST ReputationJulie Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

We are prepared here. Have the generator ready to go... They say for us, this will be the worst storm since the 30's. Of course I am concerned, but happy I am prepared for this one. Tomorrow all the deck furniture will be moved to under the deck.

Hopefully everybody is will be safe and please be smart.

http://i374.photobucket.com/albums/o...ps4d9fb6c0.jpg

I Love You ~ I Love Us
May 17, 2014
Julie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Julie For This Useful Post:
Old 10-27-2012, 08:15 PM   #80
princessbelle
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
femme ones

Thanked 30,503 Times in 5,201 Posts
princessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputation

Thoughts with anyone in harms way...

Stay safe out there!!!! Don't forget the extra batteries. No telling when some will get power back on.

Wishing everyone safety and that Sandy goes out to sea quickly!!!!
Maya Angelou
princessbelle is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to princessbelle For This Useful Post: