Notices

Old 05-14-2016, 06:58 PM   #12841
Kenna

How Do You Identify?:
Fiery, Sassy, Tough As Nails, Femme Tomboy
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
I am your favorite hello and hardest goodbye.

Thanked 12,109 Times in 3,757 Posts
Kenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST Reputation

My son....
Kenna is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Kenna For This Useful Post:
Old 05-15-2016, 07:36 AM   #12842
Kobi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Biological female. Lesbian.
Relationship Status:
Happy

39 Highscores

Thanked 34,662 Times in 7,652 Posts
Kobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobi View Post

Lil Guy had surgery today to insert a pin in the fractured femur. He tolerated surgery well. There were no complications. He remains in critical care. Next update expected on Monday.

Funny in how the age of instant access, when it comes to eagle cams, you have to work backwards.

The rescuers of Lil Guy, finally recounted the story of his rescue and even made a u-tube slide show of it and his intake at CROW.

Apparently these 3 women are all employees of CROW who had been searching for him all week. He had been sighted on numerous occasions but was still strong enough to fly off when approached.

The area where he was finally captured was dense with foliage, requiring a machete to facilitate a search. He was seen and followed. Luckily, he got caught in the foliage which made it easier for them to cover and subdue him.

The fractured leg was his only injury. It is not known if this occurred because his talons were locked when the great horned owl hit him or if he hit the ground after he fell.

He was dehydrated from not eating. At this age their hydration comes from their food. He was a 2 day fledgling, too young to hunt. Even if he found food, with the broken leg, he may not have been able to hold it to feed himself.

CROW had to force feed him when he arrived. He is now eating on his own. He is probably thrilled he doesnt have to fight for food or wait for food. He can actually enjoy it without stuffing himself as fast as he can.

As you can see from the pics, he isnt so little anymore. But, that is definately Lil Guy.

Kobi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Kobi For This Useful Post:
Old 05-15-2016, 08:36 AM   #12843
selty

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step.

selty Has the BEST Reputationselty Has the BEST Reputationselty Has the BEST Reputationselty Has the BEST Reputationselty Has the BEST Reputationselty Has the BEST Reputationselty Has the BEST Reputationselty Has the BEST Reputationselty Has the BEST Reputationselty Has the BEST Reputationselty Has the BEST Reputation

On my mind always are my friends and family who are having difficulties. Troubles or pain.. And how i can help them in any way.

I am thinking to start a fund me page for one such person who has been a friend since we were kids and her daughter is now in a wheelchair and cant talk or do anything her mother now feeds her. She had 2 kids
Which now my friend is raising her grandchildren and tending to her daughter.
selty is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to selty For This Useful Post:
Old 05-16-2016, 09:04 AM   #12844
Kobi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Relationship Status:
Happy

39 Highscores

Kobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST Reputation

Todays update from CROW:

Little Guy remains in critical and guarded condition from Saturdays surgery. The eagle was placed on strict cage rest and will continue to receive supportive care.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Kobi For This Useful Post:
Old 05-16-2016, 09:22 AM   #12845
cinnamongrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
cleverly disguised as a responsible adult*
Preferred Pronoun?:
wild woman
Relationship Status:
No, thank you.

Location: in my heart I'm going to Carolina...but I'm in MA for now
Thanked 27,399 Times in 6,872 Posts
cinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputation

I'm feeling waffley about working for this facility for a year...

Some of their politics remind me of why I got out of long term care in the first place...
Old 05-16-2016, 12:22 PM   #12846
Gayandgray

How Do You Identify?:
Femme-ish, tomboy lesbian
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Together a really long time

Thanked 12,910 Times in 3,079 Posts
Gayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST Reputation

Brandy had a mini- stroke during the night. She will be 12yrs old in July and is in CHF but she was doing ok. Early this morning we were rushing around letting the other 3 dogs outside and getting their meds, then we went in town to the vet. They are telling us we have to wait and see....... She might come out of this and be ok, or she might get worse. It broke my heart when I saw her head drooping and she fell. Being a cna, I know the signs all too well. And she was disorientated and it sadly reminded me when my spouse had her last mini- stroke. We are faced with making a decision now if she doesn't bounce back. My poor little dog!!!!!!!
Old 05-16-2016, 02:13 PM   #12847
clay
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch (Silver Fox) Dom Daddi
Preferred Pronoun?:
50 Shades of Clay Darker & Deeper
Relationship Status:
married to my forever

Thanked 31,691 Times in 7,716 Posts
clay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

A sad heart for all the BFP pets who are very ill and compassion for their owners!!

It sucks to know our furbabies are aging & with that comes illnesses & catastrophies.

My heart goes out to the parents of said ill furbabies.....I send you all a gentle hug.....and love....
Old 05-16-2016, 06:10 PM   #12848
Chad
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
OFOS Stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Loved Caregiver

Thanked 20,325 Times in 5,678 Posts
Chad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gayandgray View Post
Brandy had a mini- stroke during the night. She will be 12yrs old in July and is in CHF but she was doing ok. Early this morning we were rushing around letting the other 3 dogs outside and getting their meds, then we went in town to the vet. They are telling us we have to wait and see....... She might come out of this and be ok, or she might get worse. It broke my heart when I saw her head drooping and she fell. Being a cna, I know the signs all too well. And she was disorientated and it sadly reminded me when my spouse had her last mini- stroke. We are faced with making a decision now if she doesn't bounce back. My poor little dog!!!!!!!
I am so sorry to hear that your pup had a stroke.
You are in my thoughts.
Chad
Chad is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Chad For This Useful Post:
Old 05-17-2016, 01:44 PM   #12849
Kobi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Relationship Status:
Happy

39 Highscores

Today's update from CROW:

Lil Guy has been quiet, alert and responsive. He has not regurgitated any food the last couple of days. He was fed soft pieces of rat today- probably didnt need to know that huh.

He was observed to be hock sitting and for the remainder of the time is in the prone position (laying flat with the chest down and back up) and has been moved to a larger enclosure to encourage movement.

Although positive signs, he is still receiving pain medication and remains in critical and guarded condition.

Still working backwards here. The fracture he sustained had already started healing by the time he got to CROW. But, it was displaced i.e. not in proper alignment. Thus, they had to rebreak it (gross I know), pin it in place internally, and apply a plate externally with pins to hold it in place.

Takes 4-6 weeks for human bone to heal. Eagles should be about the same. Hopefully, there is no infection during the process. Then, he faces more surgery to remove the external hardware. Then rehab.

If he is able to use the leg and talon at 100% he will be released back into the wild. His sibling and parents will be long gone by then. But, he can hook up with a group of other juveniles - as they usually do for the first year.

If he does not have full use of that leg and talon, he will need to go to a sanctuary for non releasable eagles.

One step at a time.

The funny news is I think his sibling is missing him. Altho he has all the food provided by the parents to himself, he tends not to eat the tail end of fish. The tails, by hook or crook, were always Lil Guy's.

This weekend, Dad brought a humongous fish for lunch. Brutus ate 2/3's of it. He hid the tail part in the maybe 1 foot square section of nest that is left. Mom came along later and started eating the remainder. Brutus went nuts. He was mantling, puffed up, making enough noise to raise the dead, and actually kind of went after the momma, forcing her to fly off. Others said he was upset cuz he was saving that for later. I think he was saving it for Lil Guy, just in case. He didnt eat it. But, he protected it.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Kobi For This Useful Post:
Old 05-17-2016, 09:39 PM   #12850
JustLovelyJenn

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her
Relationship Status:
That's Need to Know

Thanked 13,995 Times in 3,685 Posts
JustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST Reputation

I haven't been coming to the site as often lately. I have been dealing with a lot. Every now and then I come on and vent before I jump back in the deep end... today I came on and checked my reps... and read some of the posts since my last visit...

So now... I am thinking about how lucky I am to have this site as support, and as family... How much I appreciate all of you. I have been here for along time. I interact a little... but I guess I have never really stopped to wonder who is really watching. I am not great at interacting and sometimes my posts are more to help me process then to look for something in return...

But, you have all been watching, and when I really fall and struggle I am so grateful to have you. Thank you all for your words of comfort, support, and help.
Old 05-18-2016, 06:25 PM   #12851
Chad
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
OFOS Stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Loved Caregiver

Thanked 20,325 Times in 5,678 Posts
Chad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST Reputation
Default On my mind

My kitties, with my oldest kitty in hospice at home these days so everytime I come home from work I am so stressed out about the kitty's condition.

I had to go on an overnight business trip and was terrified about what I would come home to. Luckily, the kitty was the same as I had left her. I am force feeding her now so I hate to leave the house.

A special shout out and big thank you for all the support from friends here.
Chad is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Chad For This Useful Post:
Old 05-18-2016, 09:28 PM   #12852
RockOn

How Do You Identify?:
sitting over there ----->>>>> :)
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Thanked 10,308 Times in 2,609 Posts
RockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST Reputation

Trying to shut my brain down so I can sleep ... I don't think we can close on the home by May 31st. It took longer than expected for the well water test to come back. It came yesterday and the water is fine. Still, it threw us behind anticipated schedule. I am trying to turn it all off and not wait for any tid bit of info because it is making me nuts. My loan originator assures me the home is mine. I believe her. I would not ever have believed all the hoops one has to jump through to buy a home. At any rate, it will work out and be a done deal eventually.
RockOn is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to RockOn For This Useful Post:
Old 05-19-2016, 12:36 AM   #12853
Bubala

How Do You Identify?:
Lady Sunflower
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her

Thanked 1,669 Times in 615 Posts
Bubala Has the BEST ReputationBubala Has the BEST ReputationBubala Has the BEST ReputationBubala Has the BEST ReputationBubala Has the BEST ReputationBubala Has the BEST ReputationBubala Has the BEST ReputationBubala Has the BEST ReputationBubala Has the BEST ReputationBubala Has the BEST ReputationBubala Has the BEST Reputation

I feel inadequate as a woman because I'm not a slut.... I don't let my friends or my friends' grabby butches put their hands on me. What more I am disgusted by the audacity! I will slap that hand right off of me and make sure that the massage is heard loud and clear! I am even more disgusted with femmes who claim to be someone's friend but when their friend's butch feels them up they just stand there... Lack of disapproval is the approval or even further an invitation yes please more of that. I know that I'm way too zipped up.... I'm a horrible human being but my policy is Hell No!!! I'm a lady and if I am your friend I will ALWAYS respect that! On the note of grabby butches, I do not blame them, theirs is to try, ours is to slap the shit out of the mare idea of such act and draw the line, making sure that the line is Very sharp! Maybe this is why I will never have gay friends... I just cannot deal with this sort of sleazy drama... I cannot even stand to watch it from the sidelines it disgusts me...
Being a slut is of high value it's top priority must have feature in this world...I'm sorry that I lack that. I'm a lady I crave deep emotional connection and all my relationships were based on that and deep respect. I am not judging anyone... I just vote for transparency... If you're not for commitment don't fake it! I try to be a good friend but I cannot watch this shit go down and stay silent... So I must detach and let them all fuck each other any which way until it all goes up hell... I don't feel safe being unprotected like that. A single girl with scrupulous has to watch herself.
I'm ready to be attacked and torn apart with words now. Fire off!
Old 05-19-2016, 03:54 AM   #12854
RockOn

How Do You Identify?:
sitting over there ----->>>>> :)
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Thanked 10,308 Times in 2,609 Posts
RockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST Reputation

My 5:30 haircut after work is on my mind. I have been so busy and have neglected myself by allowing hair to grow unreasonably long. People at work love it. I hate it! Going to have Terri buzz it short! I am excited to be rid of this mop! Hot weather is here to stay and it ends up wet when I work outdoors.
RockOn is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to RockOn For This Useful Post:
Old 05-19-2016, 05:36 AM   #12855
TL1

How Do You Identify?:
Butch of stone
Preferred Pronoun?:
The guy kind

Thanked 3,460 Times in 1,006 Posts
TL1 Has the BEST ReputationTL1 Has the BEST ReputationTL1 Has the BEST ReputationTL1 Has the BEST ReputationTL1 Has the BEST ReputationTL1 Has the BEST ReputationTL1 Has the BEST ReputationTL1 Has the BEST ReputationTL1 Has the BEST ReputationTL1 Has the BEST ReputationTL1 Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockOn View Post
My 5:30 haircut after work is on my mind. I have been so busy and have neglected myself by allowing hair to grow unreasonably long. People at work love it. I hate it! Going to have Terri buzz it short! I am excited to be rid of this mop! Hot weather is here to stay and it ends up wet when I work outdoors.
I hear ya! Need mine cut too. Where I work they like my hair and actually tell me that I need to cut it lol.
Old 05-19-2016, 05:54 AM   #12856
Stone-Butch

How Do You Identify?:
Stonebutch
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 8,489 Times in 2,644 Posts
Stone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST Reputation
Default Thinking

you can count me in on a haircut. Must be butch week for cuts. I go today TG
Stone-Butch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Stone-Butch For This Useful Post:
Old 05-19-2016, 07:08 AM   #12857
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,768 Times in 25,659 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorelai View Post
... On the note of grabby butches, I do not blame them, theirs is to try, ours is to slap the shit out of the mare idea of such act and draw the line, making sure that the line is Very sharp! Maybe this is why I will never have gay friends... I just cannot deal with this sort of sleazy drama... I cannot even stand to watch it from the sidelines it disgusts me......

I'm ready to be attacked and torn apart with words now. Fire off!
No attack here; just confusion.

Why would you not blame grabby butches for trying to put their hands on you? Everyone is responsible for their own actions. That whole 'blame the girlfriend/wife/mistress and not the man/boyfriend/husband/butch' thing is played out and outdated. It's just another projection of the propaganda to pit woman against woman in this world.

Also, I'm pretty sure my gay friends would be insulted by the sleazy drama comment but you are not alone in promoting that stereotype so it is what it is.

I can't blame you for being pissed. If someone that was partnered tried to get freaky deaky with me, I'd definitely have some serious issues with that as well. What I wouldn't do is blame anyone but THAT PERSON for their actions.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 05-19-2016, 10:49 AM   #12858
Stud_puppy1991

How Do You Identify?:
butch, gentleman
Preferred Pronoun?:
Hy, Hym, "Hey Handsome", and also throwing in a "Sup man" or a "You're sexy" will work
Relationship Status:
Back to Bachelorhood

Stud_puppy1991 Has the BEST ReputationStud_puppy1991 Has the BEST ReputationStud_puppy1991 Has the BEST ReputationStud_puppy1991 Has the BEST ReputationStud_puppy1991 Has the BEST ReputationStud_puppy1991 Has the BEST ReputationStud_puppy1991 Has the BEST ReputationStud_puppy1991 Has the BEST ReputationStud_puppy1991 Has the BEST ReputationStud_puppy1991 Has the BEST ReputationStud_puppy1991 Has the BEST Reputation

There's a lot on my mind. For instance how I keep having ex friends and roommates still attempting to cause drama and my ex girlfriend and how she keeps going back and forth and getting my hopes up. I've got sleep on my mind because I haven't slept. And I'm just all over the plasce
Stud_puppy1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Stud_puppy1991 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-19-2016, 05:57 PM   #12859
Blade
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
TG
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
once in a while someone amazing comes along...and here I am!

Thanked 14,401 Times in 4,049 Posts
Blade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST Reputation

I'm with yall got a haircut today. We did a #1 back and sides, I do have about 2 or 3 inches left on top

The best way to predict the future, is to create it.
Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Blade For This Useful Post:
Old 05-19-2016, 05:57 PM   #12860
TL1

How Do You Identify?:
Butch of stone
Preferred Pronoun?:
The guy kind

Thanked 3,460 Times in 1,006 Posts
TL1 Has the BEST ReputationTL1 Has the BEST ReputationTL1 Has the BEST ReputationTL1 Has the BEST ReputationTL1 Has the BEST ReputationTL1 Has the BEST ReputationTL1 Has the BEST ReputationTL1 Has the BEST ReputationTL1 Has the BEST ReputationTL1 Has the BEST ReputationTL1 Has the BEST Reputation
Talking

Beer