Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > FUN > The Fluffy Stuff: Flirting, Humor, Chat

Notices

Old 07-09-2010, 08:21 PM   #1
Scorp
Italian Stallion

How Do You Identify?:
DNA Usually...

Thanked 4,721 Times in 1,270 Posts
Scorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST Reputation
Default If You Could Turn Back Time, What Would You Do Differently?

Hi Folks,

I thought this would be a good thread to start.

As the title states, If you could turn back time (and no I won't be busting out in any Cher song) what would you have done differently?

I would have to say, that I would have never EVER gotten involved long distance with a straight woman which was over 12 years ago. She was my first love and it was my first real experience with another woman. We did the long distance thing for 4 years and I was determined to be with this person.

She made many, many broken promises to me over the course of those years, it became complicated beyond words. We began arguing a lot and things just weren't working out, but neither one of us wanted to let go. I know she loved me very much, and I her, but it had to end. I was so consumed with the relationship and determined to make it work, but at the same time, I felt like I started to lose sight of myself and everything around me.

Finally one day I said no more. It was a emotionally draining and I think I hung in there more than I should have. I ended it and I was so heartbroken, but it was actually for the best, for both our sakes.

The strange thing is, I vowed I would never be involved in a long distance relationship ever again. Then one day, I met a pretty, intelligent, gentle, caring Minnesotan femme who I fell head over heels for. It's true what they say about opposites attract. Boy are we ever different, but we balance each other out so well. It's a nice mix

We have been together now for 8 years and the rest is history....
Scorp is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Scorp For This Useful Post:
Old 07-09-2010, 08:40 PM   #2
apretty

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
sea shell
Relationship Status:
married

Thanked 4,377 Times in 1,015 Posts
apretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputation

I'd take back those words that hurt you; If could reach the stars I'd give them all to you then you'd love me, love me! Like you used to do.

no cher?!
apretty is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to apretty For This Useful Post:
Old 07-09-2010, 08:45 PM   #3
Scorp
Italian Stallion

How Do You Identify?:
DNA Usually...

Scorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST Reputation

(clapping) Very good...And this one's for you:

Quote:
Originally Posted by apretty View Post
I'd take back those words that hurt you; If could reach the stars I'd give them all to you then you'd love me, love me! Like you used to do.

no cher?!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Scorp For This Useful Post:
Old 07-09-2010, 08:49 PM   #4
Rockinonahigh

How Do You Identify?:
stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
makes no diffrence,I know who I am.
Relationship Status:
single,maybe looking if the right person comes along.

Thanked 14,937 Times in 3,936 Posts
Rockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST Reputation

Oh gosh if I could turn back the hands of time I would do several things diffrently.One I wouldnt have gottem married at 18..I almost walked out of the church when mom caught me and said....I spent all this money,u arent walking out on this..I should have kept on walking.Big mistake.
Corse I would have come out way sooner than I did...famos words of many.
I also would have been more chosey who I dated,but I learned many things about life from it.
Rockinonahigh is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Rockinonahigh For This Useful Post:
Old 07-09-2010, 09:39 PM   #5
lyric

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
quiet and content

lyric Has the BEST Reputationlyric Has the BEST Reputationlyric Has the BEST Reputationlyric Has the BEST Reputationlyric Has the BEST Reputationlyric Has the BEST Reputationlyric Has the BEST Reputationlyric Has the BEST Reputationlyric Has the BEST Reputationlyric Has the BEST Reputationlyric Has the BEST Reputation

Oh, so many things...

I would have studied more in high school. I also would not have sacrificed one entire semester in college in favor of the party scene. One semester of nothing but drunken fuckery was not worth the 5 F's on my transcript and is causing me stress as I apply for a new job and work on a change in grad school plans.

I wouldn't have gotten married right after college. We thought it was a great idea because we were both gay, and we were both two kids from the country too scared of disappointing our families. Bad idea!

I wouldn't have wasted so many years worrying about my father's opinion.

I would have told my grandfather how much he meant to me before he died.

I would not have eaten those shrimp at the chinese buffet. :/
lyric is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to lyric For This Useful Post:
Old 07-09-2010, 09:43 PM   #6
Strappie

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
I know who I am... Doesn't matter
Relationship Status:
It's a new day....

Thanked 4,946 Times in 1,350 Posts
Strappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

I would not of let my partner cheat on me 4 times and gave up 12 yrs of my life. But I guess I did learn from it. Once a cheater always a cheater.
Strappie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Strappie For This Useful Post:
Old 07-09-2010, 09:46 PM   #7
lyric

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
quiet and content

lyric Has the BEST Reputationlyric Has the BEST Reputationlyric Has the BEST Reputationlyric Has the BEST Reputationlyric Has the BEST Reputationlyric Has the BEST Reputationlyric Has the BEST Reputationlyric Has the BEST Reputationlyric Has the BEST Reputationlyric Has the BEST Reputationlyric Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strappie View Post
I would not of let my partner cheat on me 4 times and gave up 12 yrs of my life. But I guess I did learn from it. Once a cheater always a cheater.
Oh yeah... THAT too! LOL

Btw... Strappiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!
lyric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 10:27 PM   #8
Spirit Dancer

How Do You Identify?:
Complex but Tender
Preferred Pronoun?:
~Ma`am~
Relationship Status:
Shotgun Rider

Thanked 12,951 Times in 3,466 Posts
Spirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST Reputation

I would never take one minute of life for granted.
Spirit Dancer is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Spirit Dancer For This Useful Post:
Old 07-09-2010, 10:29 PM   #9
Soft*Silver
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 15,623 Times in 3,977 Posts
Soft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST Reputation

I would not have given up my job and home in PA...both times

I would have talked more to my brother...it might have stopped him before he killed himself

I would have been kinder and more attentive to Mrs Rogers who lived downstairs from me and was in a wheelchair

I would have gone out to see my mom when she called me and asked me to, on the day she died

I would have gone on for my PhD in anthropology like I wanted to
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Soft*Silver For This Useful Post:
Old 07-09-2010, 10:37 PM   #10
Bella~Vita

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she

Thanked 1,322 Times in 443 Posts
Bella~Vita Has the BEST ReputationBella~Vita Has the BEST ReputationBella~Vita Has the BEST ReputationBella~Vita Has the BEST ReputationBella~Vita Has the BEST ReputationBella~Vita Has the BEST ReputationBella~Vita Has the BEST ReputationBella~Vita Has the BEST ReputationBella~Vita Has the BEST ReputationBella~Vita Has the BEST ReputationBella~Vita Has the BEST Reputation

I wish we could in a way turn back time. For me , I would have furthered my education and been more career orientated instead of looking for love. Geesh how dishearting , but my lessons were learn. However, all the lifes experiences made me a better woman. And I thank God for that. For showing me I had love all the time ...
Bella~Vita is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bella~Vita For This Useful Post:
Old 07-12-2010, 11:22 PM   #11
BornBronson
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Permanently banned 7/2010
Preferred Pronoun?:
Straight Butch Woman
Relationship Status:
Nice Tie

BornBronson has a reputation beyond reputeBornBronson has a reputation beyond reputeBornBronson has a reputation beyond reputeBornBronson has a reputation beyond reputeBornBronson has a reputation beyond reputeBornBronson has a reputation beyond reputeBornBronson has a reputation beyond reputeBornBronson has a reputation beyond reputeBornBronson has a reputation beyond reputeBornBronson has a reputation beyond reputeBornBronson has a reputation beyond repute
Default Confessions of a perv

I was a Hollywood runaway rape victim at age 11.That turned me into the person that I became for the next 30 years of my life...it was not a nice person.I couldn't see how wrong my life style was until just recently.I was a brute,a monster,especially to the female race.Some of you experienced that side of me personally.I'm sorry.

Of course there's no turning back time.

I'm much nicer these days,trust me.
BornBronson is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BornBronson For This Useful Post:
Old 07-13-2010, 04:00 AM   #12
atomiczombie

How Do You Identify?:
Femmesensual Transguy
Preferred Pronoun?:
He, Him, His
Relationship Status:
Dating

Thanked 3,221 Times in 757 Posts
atomiczombie Has the BEST Reputationatomiczombie Has the BEST Reputationatomiczombie Has the BEST Reputationatomiczombie Has the BEST Reputationatomiczombie Has the BEST Reputationatomiczombie Has the BEST Reputationatomiczombie Has the BEST Reputationatomiczombie Has the BEST Reputationatomiczombie Has the BEST Reputationatomiczombie Has the BEST Reputationatomiczombie Has the BEST Reputation

There are too many things to count for me. Really. I live with a lot of regret. At this point in my life, if I could change one thing, it would be not telling someone that I loved them when it would have really counted. Now it's too late. Never let fear stop you from telling someone that you have feelings for them. I don't regret the chances I took, only the ones I didn't.
atomiczombie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to atomiczombie For This Useful Post:
Old 07-13-2010, 04:33 AM   #13
Miss Scarlett
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Relationship Status:

Thanked 12,949 Times in 3,419 Posts
Miss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST Reputation

I know this sounds self-serving but with all the lumps, bumps and bruises I have from living life over the last 50 years I don't think I would change anything. Even the really, really bad stuff because it made me who I am now.

Though I would have bought those shoes...

But seriously if I could go back I would ask that I not go back to high school or junior high. Even with what I know now, once was more than enough.
Miss Scarlett is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Miss Scarlett For This Useful Post:
Old 07-13-2010, 04:47 AM   #14
Oiler41

How Do You Identify?:
Human
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him
Relationship Status:
Happily Single!

Thanked 2,574 Times in 790 Posts
Oiler41 Has the BEST ReputationOiler41 Has the BEST ReputationOiler41 Has the BEST ReputationOiler41 Has the BEST ReputationOiler41 Has the BEST ReputationOiler41 Has the BEST ReputationOiler41 Has the BEST ReputationOiler41 Has the BEST ReputationOiler41 Has the BEST ReputationOiler41 Has the BEST ReputationOiler41 Has the BEST Reputation

A few things (assuming I knew then what I know now),,

I wouldn't have left my mother, career and home in Mississippi when I did. Huge life-altering mistake on several fronts.

I would have finished my education the first time around instead of waiting until I was 40. I eventually did finish a master's degree but it would have been better had I done it sooner.

I would have asked my mom more questions about so many things. I didn't realize how many questions I had until I couldn't ask them.

I would have purchased flood insurance on my home in Mississippi before hurricane Katrina. 4.5 feet of water; enough said.

I would have spent more time talking with my brother before his passing in 1979. I was only 17 when he committed suicide but I think there were more things I could have learned from him had I known what was to come.

Only a few things. I've learned a great many lessons along the way in this life; some of them are harder to think about than others but overall, I live with few regrets and apply lessons I've learned along the way as I go forward in life. Great topic for a thread!

Glynn
Oiler41 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Oiler41 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-13-2010, 04:55 AM   #15
Scorp
Italian Stallion

How Do You Identify?:
DNA Usually...

Hey Folks,

Thanks for sharing your stories. I think you're all pretty special with sharing some intimate stories about yourselves and what you would have done differently and I appreciate that.

Keep your posts coming. I'm enjoying reading them as I'm sure the next person is as well.

Be well.
The Following User Says Thank You to Scorp For This Useful Post:
Old 07-13-2010, 07:15 AM   #16
chefhmboyrd

How Do You Identify?:
man
Preferred Pronoun?:
beef
Relationship Status:
Uncle Daddy Snap

Thanked 2,845 Times in 898 Posts
chefhmboyrd Has the BEST Reputationchefhmboyrd Has the BEST Reputationchefhmboyrd Has the BEST Reputationchefhmboyrd Has the BEST Reputationchefhmboyrd Has the BEST Reputationchefhmboyrd Has the BEST Reputationchefhmboyrd Has the BEST Reputationchefhmboyrd Has the BEST Reputationchefhmboyrd Has the BEST Reputationchefhmboyrd Has the BEST Reputationchefhmboyrd Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums
Default if i could turn back time......

started T at 20
learned to play more instruments
had more sex...... (if that is possible)
scheduled more vacation with my family
drank less
never smoked
worked out more
recorded more songs

that is all for now
Old 07-13-2010, 07:49 AM   #17
Apocalipstic
Pink Confection

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her, Ma'am
Relationship Status:
Dating Myself

Thanked 11,383 Times in 2,840 Posts
Apocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST Reputation

If I turned back time I would have to live the bad parts over, can't do it.
Old 07-13-2010, 07:54 AM   #18
Fancy

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
N/A

Thanked 7,097 Times in 2,322 Posts
Fancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST Reputation

“Regret for time wasted can become a power for good in the time that remains, if we will only stop the waste and the idle, useless regretting.”
~Arthur Brisbane

I would not turn back time. Everything in the past happened for a purpose, and changing variables would not create the same learning, the same experience, or the same bonds. If there are regrets, they are only in the mind. Mental torture and mental suicide. Instead, I choose to embrace acceptance for the balance and thankful for all experiences however they are perceived by me. I've experienced and continue to experience love, life, and hard lessons, and am grateful for each and every second that I can continue to grow and move forward in this wild chaotic ride of a short life on Earth.

“We do not live an equal life, but one of contrasts and patchwork; now a little joy, then a sorrow, now a sin, then a generous or brave action.”
~Emerson
Fancy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Fancy For This Useful Post:
Old 07-14-2010, 10:28 AM   #19
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,768 Times in 25,659 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

If you went back in time, it would be nearly impossible not to change something, whether that was your intent or not. So, for those afraid or leary of reliving some rough times, those times may not happen in that circumstance or they may happen differently. It would be adding chapters to your life that you were previously unaware of.

I think I would like to go back as long as I went back with one single thought seared into my brain: trust my instincts. As long as I had that in my head and remembered it when I needed to, I think I would be a similarly different person. I'd still be the same at my core, but referential experiences would be different.

Then again, I've always been a sucker for those adventure books that you can choose where the story is going to go next and, if you didn't like that, you could just go back to that page and choose another option. I like options. I've felt that, in large quantities of my life, I had none. So getting a redo and possibly having some is quite appealing to me.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 07-14-2010, 10:43 AM   #20
WolfyOne
Magically Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Gentle Butch
Relationship Status:
Single and content

Thanked 15,408 Times in 4,139 Posts
WolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST Reputation

Personally I wouldn't turn back time to change a thing
Whatever happened then is my past and many lessons learned
If I was always able to turn back time, I'd never make a mistake
How the heck would I learn anything without mistakes
I have few regrets with many mistakes along the way
Life is one big lesson in learning and I'm still doing it today
I'm thankful for all those people, places and things that have touched me over time

I will however enjoy reading what others would have done if they could go back in time for a redo

Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength; loving someone deeply gives you courage --- Lao Tzo
WolfyOne is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to WolfyOne For This Useful Post: