Okiebug61

How Do You Identify?:
Light Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Hitched to Red

Thanked 5,381 Times in 1,245 Posts
Okiebug61 Has the BEST ReputationOkiebug61 Has the BEST ReputationOkiebug61 Has the BEST ReputationOkiebug61 Has the BEST ReputationOkiebug61 Has the BEST ReputationOkiebug61 Has the BEST ReputationOkiebug61 Has the BEST ReputationOkiebug61 Has the BEST ReputationOkiebug61 Has the BEST ReputationOkiebug61 Has the BEST ReputationOkiebug61 Has the BEST Reputation
Default Tornado Season Is Here!

Wow what a fun time we had here in Oklahoma last night. I stood in our showroom at work watching a funnel cloud form and hit my home town of Norman. Thankfully no one was killed but the damage was pretty severe.

I managed to make it through the back roads to get to our home 7 miles south of Norman and we didn't even get a drop of rain.

Here is a link to some pics of the damage and some amazing photos of the storm as it forms. I'm pretty amazed that no one died but thankful everyone is OK.

http://www.koco.com/slideshow/weathe...08/detail.html

http://www.news9.com/story/17437933/...e-4-miles-long
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Okiebug61 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-14-2012, 07:57 AM   #2
thedivahrrrself

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Sapiosexual Femme
Relationship Status:
Mrs. Grumpy Cat

1 Highscore
Tournaments Won: 4

Thanked 11,662 Times in 2,292 Posts
thedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputationthedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputationthedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputationthedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputationthedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputationthedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputationthedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputationthedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputationthedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputationthedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputationthedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

I'm glad there were no major injuries! We didn't get much in Tulsa, but we got a beautiful lightning storm about 2:30am. The thunder woke me up.

Today, I've got to hurry up and get to OKC to shop before it starts again!

Wish I didn't have to work a half-day this morning.
thedivahrrrself is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to thedivahrrrself For This Useful Post:
Old 04-14-2012, 08:37 AM   #3
gaea

How Do You Identify?:
femme

Thanked 14,363 Times in 3,381 Posts
gaea Has the BEST Reputationgaea Has the BEST Reputationgaea Has the BEST Reputationgaea Has the BEST Reputationgaea Has the BEST Reputationgaea Has the BEST Reputationgaea Has the BEST Reputationgaea Has the BEST Reputationgaea Has the BEST Reputationgaea Has the BEST Reputationgaea Has the BEST Reputation

Please stay safe all of you. Thank you in advance. My news channel said this was from Oklahoma all the way up to Nebraska.

Courage: the willingness to risk who you are for who you want to be and what you have for what you want

You're not who your past says you are, you are who you choose to be today moving forward.
gaea is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to gaea For This Useful Post:
Old 04-14-2012, 08:59 AM   #4
deedarino

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Woman
Relationship Status:
In recovery.

Thanked 1,956 Times in 497 Posts
deedarino Has the BEST Reputationdeedarino Has the BEST Reputationdeedarino Has the BEST Reputationdeedarino Has the BEST Reputationdeedarino Has the BEST Reputationdeedarino Has the BEST Reputationdeedarino Has the BEST Reputationdeedarino Has the BEST Reputationdeedarino Has the BEST Reputationdeedarino Has the BEST Reputationdeedarino Has the BEST Reputation

Please stay safe everyone
Squint your eyes and look closer. I'm not between you and your ambitions. I am a poster girl with no poster. I am thirty-two flavors and then some. And I'm beyond your peripheral vision, so you might want to turn your head~Ani

I want to think again
of dangerous and noble things;
I want to be light and frolicsome;
I want to be improbable, beautiful
and afraid of nothing as if I had wings

Mary Oliver
deedarino is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to deedarino For This Useful Post:
Old 04-14-2012, 09:16 AM   #5
clay
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch (Silver Fox) Dom Daddi
Preferred Pronoun?:
50 Shades of Clay Darker & Deeper
Relationship Status:
married to my forever

Thanked 31,687 Times in 7,715 Posts
clay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

echoing my wishesd for all of you...see my post in CIJS!! Be prepared tonight folks! Esp. after dark..as you can not see these dang tornadoes then!! Much love and thoughts with all of you this day and night!
Old 04-14-2012, 12:06 PM   #6
WolfyOne
Magically Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Gentle Butch
Relationship Status:
Single and content

Thanked 15,407 Times in 4,139 Posts
WolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST Reputation

Worked one shift this morning and have to go back at 5pm and work until close.
Hopefully the storm will come really late again as it did last night.
I slept through last night's storm, only waking once and nodding back out as I listened to the rain tap dancing on top of my mobile.

Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength; loving someone deeply gives you courage --- Lao Tzo
WolfyOne is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to WolfyOne For This Useful Post:
Old 04-14-2012, 12:43 PM   #7
Lady Pamela

How Do You Identify?:
A Lady..Femme..Free Spirit with a touch of survivalist woman in me.
Preferred Pronoun?:
Spiritual Warrior..She Ra..Baby Doll, or anything close..ha!
Relationship Status:
In perfect love and perfect trust I believe that will be directed..for now Just friends in my life.

1 Highscore

Location: Live in Utah but take trips to Arkansas. Plan to move there eventually.
Thanked 5,939 Times in 1,609 Posts
Lady Pamela Has the BEST ReputationLady Pamela Has the BEST ReputationLady Pamela Has the BEST ReputationLady Pamela Has the BEST ReputationLady Pamela Has the BEST ReputationLady Pamela Has the BEST ReputationLady Pamela Has the BEST ReputationLady Pamela Has the BEST ReputationLady Pamela Has the BEST ReputationLady Pamela Has the BEST ReputationLady Pamela Has the BEST Reputation

Today ,tonight and tomorrow are suposed to get really bad..Tor Con 9...

Everyone please be safe and take these storms serious..They truely are.

Check in also
So everyone knows your ok.

Be Safe.

When negative thoughts come to mind,
Let them die stillborn.
Speak and do posotive in any situation,
And watch your dreams grow and flurish.
If you can't say anything posotive, Zip it up.
Do not give birth to that which you do not want to see grow.
See it, Believe it, Own it, Have it!
~*~ Lady Pamela ~*~
Lady Pamela is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lady Pamela For This Useful Post:
Old 04-14-2012, 01:26 PM   #8
Princess

How Do You Identify?:
princess
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her.
Relationship Status:
One singular sensation!

Thanked 4,581 Times in 1,009 Posts
Princess Has the BEST ReputationPrincess Has the BEST ReputationPrincess Has the BEST ReputationPrincess Has the BEST ReputationPrincess Has the BEST ReputationPrincess Has the BEST ReputationPrincess Has the BEST ReputationPrincess Has the BEST ReputationPrincess Has the BEST ReputationPrincess Has the BEST ReputationPrincess Has the BEST Reputation

Sitting ducks here, waitin on the storm front that hit Norman to blow through my state here in the next hour or so. They are saying theres quite a large chance for tornado's today, anyone else out there in the storm area please be safe! Take no chances weather is just not something you mess with! Glad for everyone in Norman who was not injured, will be praying that you all get through this tough time.
Princess is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Princess For This Useful Post:
Old 04-14-2012, 02:10 PM   #9
~ocean
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme *blows a kiss off my finger tips **
Preferred Pronoun?:
~ hey girl ~
Relationship Status:
~ single & content ~

Thanked 16,125 Times in 4,736 Posts
~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation

** throws princess and anchor ** stay put my friend <3
~ocean is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ~ocean For This Useful Post:
Old 04-14-2012, 02:15 PM   #10
Gráinne

How Do You Identify?:
Neither, nada, out of the box
Preferred Pronoun?:
My name always works
Relationship Status:
Happy whatever happens

Thanked 7,246 Times in 1,416 Posts
Gráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST Reputation

I thought of something else: the peeps going to/from the Austin meetup . If you're just getting there, or leaving tomorrow as the storms push eastward, be careful!
Old 04-14-2012, 02:44 PM   #11
clay
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch (Silver Fox) Dom Daddi
Preferred Pronoun?:
50 Shades of Clay Darker & Deeper
Relationship Status:
married to my forever

Thanked 31,687 Times in 7,715 Posts
clay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums
Default UPDATES

Midwest storms: Tornadoes, severe storms threaten country’s midsection
By Mike Benzie and Ron Recinto | The Lookout – 40 mins ago.. .
.Below are continuing updates tracking the severe weather battering parts of the Midwest. Forecasters have cautioned that Saturday could be a day of "life-threatening" storms, according to the Associated Press. The area at risk stretches from Texas to Minnesota. All times are Central Standard.

3:19 p.m. (CST): The severe to strong weather is expected to affect parts of the central and southern Plains this afternoon and tonight, says the National Weather Service. The NWS Storm Prediction Center is forecasting the development of strong to violent long-track tornadoes in parts of Kansas, Oklahoma and Nebraska.

2:16 p.m. (CST): The National Weather Service in Dodge City, Kan. has confirmed a tornado 8 miles northwest of Spearville, Kan.

2:15 p.m. (CST): Baseball-sized hail crashed through windows in northeast Nebraska and at least three possible tornadoes have been reported in parts of Oklahoma, according to an AP report.

1:50 p.m. (CST): The University of Nebraska cancelled their Spring scrimmage as hail and sharp lightning moved through the area 90 minutes before the scheduled kickoff. The Associated Press reports officials decided to cancel rather than delay the scrimmage because of the threat of more strong storms and possible tornadoes later in the day.

1:04 p.m. (CST): The National Weather Service in Hastings has issued tornado warnings in North Central Kansas. Warnings are for Northwestern Osborne County and
Old 04-14-2012, 02:45 PM   #12
Julien

How Do You Identify?:
TG/GenderQueer
Preferred Pronoun?:
I'm flexible, but only up to a point.
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 2,701 Times in 737 Posts
Julien Has the BEST ReputationJulien Has the BEST ReputationJulien Has the BEST ReputationJulien Has the BEST ReputationJulien Has the BEST ReputationJulien Has the BEST ReputationJulien Has the BEST ReputationJulien Has the BEST ReputationJulien Has the BEST ReputationJulien Has the BEST ReputationJulien Has the BEST Reputation

I lived in Norman, OK attending the University of OK a few years ago. I still have family and friends there. I hope all is well today and this evening. This tornado outbreak (if and when it shows up) is not to be taken lightly.

“Self-plagiarism is style.” Alfred Hitchcock

Formerly known as Graphiteta2s
Julien is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Julien For This Useful Post:
Old 04-14-2012, 03:27 PM   #13
Okiebug61

How Do You Identify?:
Light Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Hitched to Red

Okiebug61 Has the BEST ReputationOkiebug61 Has the BEST ReputationOkiebug61 Has the BEST ReputationOkiebug61 Has the BEST ReputationOkiebug61 Has the BEST ReputationOkiebug61 Has the BEST ReputationOkiebug61 Has the BEST ReputationOkiebug61 Has the BEST ReputationOkiebug61 Has the BEST ReputationOkiebug61 Has the BEST ReputationOkiebug61 Has the BEST Reputation

Red and I were able to drive around Norman today and observe some of the damage. The part that saddened me most is Andrews Park had many trees uprooted and damaged beyond help. I grew up playing in that park and had my first girl crush for the Parks and Recreation woman who brought us equipment to play with everyday. Her name was Julie and she was hot..LOL. Oh to be a young kid again.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Okiebug61 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-14-2012, 03:29 PM   #14
ruffryder

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
guy ones
Relationship Status:

Thanked 9,678 Times in 2,875 Posts
ruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputation

I lived in NE and CO and been through plenty of tornado warnings and saw funnels. Thankfully tree branches, a fallen tree, hail damage was the worst damage I experienced. I loved to watch the funnels. Look outside and see what was going on. Lol Now i'm in central FL so hopefully I wont experience a hurricane. Natural disasters are nothing to mess around with.they can become very severe and deadly with no warning. I Hope everyone keeps out of harms way. Be safe all.
ruffryder is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ruffryder For This Useful Post:
Old 04-14-2012, 03:30 PM   #15
ksrainbow

How Do You Identify?:
Valued

Thanked 2,149 Times in 561 Posts
ksrainbow Has the BEST Reputationksrainbow Has the BEST Reputationksrainbow Has the BEST Reputationksrainbow Has the BEST Reputationksrainbow Has the BEST Reputationksrainbow Has the BEST Reputationksrainbow Has the BEST Reputationksrainbow Has the BEST Reputationksrainbow Has the BEST Reputationksrainbow Has the BEST Reputationksrainbow Has the BEST Reputation

In Kansas here this morning, I had 70 mph winds, hail, over an inch of rain and now in a flood watch in addition to the tornado watch. The sun has just come out which is fueling additional storms headed my way! Stay safe, be prepared everyone!
ksrainbow is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to ksrainbow For This Useful Post:
Old 04-14-2012, 10:26 PM   #16
ruffryder

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
guy ones
Relationship Status:

Thanked 9,678 Times in 2,875 Posts
ruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputation

OMG, Did a tornado touch down in Wichita?
ruffryder is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ruffryder For This Useful Post:
Old 04-14-2012, 10:34 PM   #17
grenade

How Do You Identify?:
Full Flavor Femme

Thanked 8,062 Times in 2,121 Posts
grenade Has the BEST Reputationgrenade Has the BEST Reputationgrenade Has the BEST Reputationgrenade Has the BEST Reputationgrenade Has the BEST Reputationgrenade Has the BEST Reputationgrenade Has the BEST Reputationgrenade Has the BEST Reputationgrenade Has the BEST Reputationgrenade Has the BEST Reputationgrenade Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruffryder View Post
OMG, Did a tornado touch down in Wichita?
yup. unsure of the damage. no injuries reported.
grenade is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to grenade For This Useful Post:
Old 04-14-2012, 11:57 PM   #18
Princess

How Do You Identify?:
princess
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her.
Relationship Status:
One singular sensation!

Thanked 4,581 Times in 1,009 Posts
Princess Has the BEST ReputationPrincess Has the BEST ReputationPrincess Has the BEST ReputationPrincess Has the BEST ReputationPrincess Has the BEST ReputationPrincess Has the BEST ReputationPrincess Has the BEST ReputationPrincess Has the BEST ReputationPrincess Has the BEST ReputationPrincess Has the BEST ReputationPrincess Has the BEST Reputation

I thought this was pretty funny, and we all need a giggle.

[IMG][/IMG]
Princess is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Princess For This Useful Post:
Old 04-15-2012, 06:57 AM   #19
Okiebug61

How Do You Identify?:
Light Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Hitched to Red

Looks like Woodward Oklahoma about 140 mile west of OKC got the worst of it.

http://news.yahoo.com/midwest-tornad...090025352.html
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Okiebug61 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-15-2012, 07:00 AM   #20
Okiebug61

How Do You Identify?:
Light Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Hitched to Red

Tornado Alley

http://www.nssl.noaa.gov/primer/torn...r_alley_lg.gif
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Okiebug61 For This Useful Post: