Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > LIFE > Hobbies, Crafts, Interests

Hobbies, Crafts, Interests Do you like to knit? Throw pottery? Go fishing? Camping? Have Pets? Make jewelry? Tell us about it here!

Old 12-03-2010, 08:12 AM   #21
Sachita

How Do You Identify?:
Alpha Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Goddess
Relationship Status:
Completely in love

Thanked 8,994 Times in 2,249 Posts
Sachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemme View Post
Yaaaaay!!!

Laughing is good for saving money on heating! It not only warms you up but exercises your abdominals.
This is very true. I would love to find something that make me laugh really hard and often. Any ideas?
The Following User Says Thank You to Sachita For This Useful Post:
Old 12-03-2010, 08:13 AM   #22
Tommi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Usually "Hello"
Relationship Status:
Married and Bound to Tommi's kaijira (Ts_kaijira )

1 Highscore

Location: Suthun.... California that is. Across the ridge from Laguna Beach.
Thanked 21,337 Times in 5,968 Posts
Tommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemme View Post
Our lease is up in February here and we're looking for a place with hardwood (or fakewood...either or) and/or tile and/or laminate. NO. MORE. CARPET.

Blech.

Besides, I like to do the Risky Business slide while in socks.
I can just seeeeee you. I can . I can see you grinning and sliding.

Yeah on moving soon. Good luck on everything by the way.
Tommi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Tommi For This Useful Post:
Old 12-03-2010, 08:14 AM   #23
Sachita

How Do You Identify?:
Alpha Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Goddess
Relationship Status:
Completely in love

Sachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pres View Post
i have large, old windows in my house, no centrl AC or heat. i have winow Ac's in two of the rooms and several ciling fans. in the summer, i run only one window AC, depending upon which room i'm in. in the winter, i keep the termostat turned way down and pile the blankets on when i'm in bed and waer laots of layers when i'm not! plus, my heating bill has been outrageously low, prob. due to the fact that the meter readers couldn't get the termotstat! *grin* however, my mother jus had the bushes trimmed and the trimmers trimmed a nice walkway to the meter, so i'm expecting the gas bill to go way up this month! we shall see!
pres
I'm surprised they didnt make you trim them long ago. Utility companies have a right away in order to provide service. I had a situation with a tree once and rather then move the pole they were able to cut the tree. I could have fought it but I would have been the one out of pocket.
Old 12-03-2010, 08:27 PM   #24
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,769 Times in 25,659 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sachita View Post
This is very true. I would love to find something that make me laugh really hard and often. Any ideas?
Comedy Central? *grin*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommi View Post
I can just seeeeee you. I can . I can see you grinning and sliding.

Yeah on moving soon. Good luck on everything by the way.
Thank you!

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 09:31 PM   #25
Passionaria

How Do You Identify?:
Urban Bohemian : http://youtu.be/IM96Ch9Gx4A

Thanked 3,735 Times in 1,250 Posts
Passionaria Has the BEST ReputationPassionaria Has the BEST ReputationPassionaria Has the BEST ReputationPassionaria Has the BEST ReputationPassionaria Has the BEST ReputationPassionaria Has the BEST ReputationPassionaria Has the BEST ReputationPassionaria Has the BEST ReputationPassionaria Has the BEST ReputationPassionaria Has the BEST ReputationPassionaria Has the BEST Reputation

Here in Austin we need more cooling than heating. We also have Austin Energy that has special programs to help people get solar panels installed for their homes. It's cool, Austin is really into supporting people putting in Solar panels. If I owned a home, I would used a combination of solar, and a soapstone wood burning stove! They are fabulous, from Sweden originally I believe.

http://www.virginiaradiant.com/index.html

http://www.vermontwoodstove.com/massivewoodstove.htm

I use lined drapes. Lots of them. Velvet is fabulous, and heavy. I have picture windows in every room, and that helps me a lot. I also do the regular things like only doing full loads of laundry, full dishwasher loads, and if I had a choice I would have one of the Flash heat, tank-less water heaters. My apartment is around 1100 sq feet, and my energy bill is 30-50$/ month year round.

I never leave the heater or air conditioner on for long, just long enough to get comfortable, then I turn it off and use the overhead fans.

Old 12-06-2010, 12:39 PM   #26
Sachita

How Do You Identify?:
Alpha Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Goddess
Relationship Status:
Completely in love

Member Photo Albums

I have so many drafts in my old house its not even funny. Someone I dated years ago, a true handy butch, is going to help me start sealing it up. I have a fireplace and even thought about a blower but the cost of wood and health risk of burning wood for me and my animals isn't worth it. I did some research and cost and it seems like a wood pellet insert might be best for me. It burns cleaner and the pellets don't cost that much. Does anyone have experience with this?

I also purchased two of infrared heaters. I am using smaller ones now and happy to say you do save money. I literally watch the meter spin when the heat pump is on.

I was talking to a friend and they told me their electric for a 2000 sq ft house, 3 kids was 600.00!!!! Thats insane. I don't know how older people & people on a fixed income can do it. If I didnt help my mom with some bills she couldn't afford to heat her house.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sachita For This Useful Post: