Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Butch, Dyke, Feminist, Contrarian
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 2,229 Times in 586 Posts
Reader Has the BEST ReputationReader Has the BEST ReputationReader Has the BEST ReputationReader Has the BEST ReputationReader Has the BEST ReputationReader Has the BEST ReputationReader Has the BEST ReputationReader Has the BEST ReputationReader Has the BEST ReputationReader Has the BEST ReputationReader Has the BEST Reputation
Default BF Childhood Memories...tell us!

Someone posted in another thread about an experience she had as a kid and I really enjoyed her post.

The BF memories I have from childhood are mostly about being a tomboy and my crushes on very feminine classmates and my observations about girls and women that I interacted with, like my second-grade school teacher!

I think this is a great topic. What are your BF memories from childhood? I want to hear your stories!
Reader is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Reader For This Useful Post:
Old 10-22-2012, 09:51 PM   #2
Angeltoes

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Nunya

Thanked 5,525 Times in 1,386 Posts
Angeltoes Has the BEST ReputationAngeltoes Has the BEST ReputationAngeltoes Has the BEST ReputationAngeltoes Has the BEST ReputationAngeltoes Has the BEST ReputationAngeltoes Has the BEST ReputationAngeltoes Has the BEST ReputationAngeltoes Has the BEST ReputationAngeltoes Has the BEST ReputationAngeltoes Has the BEST ReputationAngeltoes Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reader View Post
Someone posted in another thread about an experience she had as a kid and I really enjoyed her post.

The BF memories I have from childhood are mostly about being a tomboy and my crushes on very feminine classmates and my observations about girls and women that I interacted with, like my second-grade school teacher!

I think this is a great topic. What are your BF memories from childhood? I want to hear your stories!
Someone else go first --- I need to compose my thoughts. Excellent topic.
Old 10-22-2012, 10:49 PM   #3
Soft*Silver
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 15,621 Times in 3,976 Posts
Soft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST Reputation

I remember how thread bare my momma's dresses were and how she smelled like housework. And how shiny her jet back hair was and how amazed I was when she put on her blood red lipstick, which wasnt often.

I remember using outhouses first, because we didnt have indoor plumbing, and how the sun would leak thru slits in the boards and how it could light up the flesh and let you see the veins inside.

I remember songs of birds. And having long chocolate brown curly hair and deep dark brown eyes. I was pretty then and no one ever told me so.

I remember all the chickens we had and how they peppered the yard and how one I chased me and made me mad so I fed it a marble. It died.

I remember my grandma with big thick thighs and hair that was silver and tied tight in the back bun. And how she always carried a plastic horse in her pocket just for me. And when we sat on the porch in the summer, she would take a hair pin out and twist off a hollyhock bloom and make me a flower doll to play with...

these are some of my BF memories as a child. None of them have to do with my sexuality but they are of the person I became which includes BF. BF is just a part of me....
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Soft*Silver For This Useful Post:
Old 10-22-2012, 11:33 PM   #4
Gráinne

How Do You Identify?:
Neither, nada, out of the box
Preferred Pronoun?:
My name always works
Relationship Status:
Happy whatever happens

Thanked 7,246 Times in 1,416 Posts
Gráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST Reputation

I was a budding "expat" from the age of 3 . My earliest memories aren't of America, but of London.

My parents and I were riding on top of a double-decker bus, which should have been great fun. But, the bus was swaying back and forth and little me got sick all over my jumper. I remember my mother washing it out in a public restroom sink, then trying to dry it on a hand dryer. That didn't work so well, so I just went on in a kind of leotard and tights.

We were there because my middle brother, at age 22, had disappeared from college just before he was supposed to have graduated, and months later sent a postcard from London, saying he was working in a restaurant and was OK. Even though brother was an adult legally, my parents still took myself and my youngest brother (age 12) over there to find him and see for themselves.

I have a memory of my mother standing me up next to one of the guards at Buckingham Palace for a picture. I think they have to remain absolutely still, so somewhere in an album is this grown man with a tiny girl at his feet. They must get that, even today.

As for my older brother (not the 12 year old), he eventually did come back after about a year. He joined the Marines and was wounded in Vietnam, which I think planted the seeds of his alcoholism and later demons. But, he raised a fine family, went back to college and earned a doctorate, and had a long and obviously adventurous life before he died two years ago.
Old 10-22-2012, 11:39 PM   #5
SleepyButch

How Do You Identify?:
Dude
Preferred Pronoun?:
He, Him
Relationship Status:
Taken

Thanked 11,244 Times in 2,753 Posts
SleepyButch Has the BEST ReputationSleepyButch Has the BEST ReputationSleepyButch Has the BEST ReputationSleepyButch Has the BEST ReputationSleepyButch Has the BEST ReputationSleepyButch Has the BEST ReputationSleepyButch Has the BEST ReputationSleepyButch Has the BEST ReputationSleepyButch Has the BEST ReputationSleepyButch Has the BEST ReputationSleepyButch Has the BEST Reputation

I was a tomboy all of my childhood. I wanted to walk around topless and my parents let me.. in the backyard anyway. lol

My first crush was on the girl next door named Michelle when I was five years old. I was so enamored by her. She was a year older than I. I don't really remember much about if I followed her around like a puppy dog or stalked her as much as a five year old could but I do remember a little of the feelings around that crush. She sure was pretty. I didn't keep it a secret either. Everyone including my parents thought it was cute back then.. lol.

You cannot embrace those things that will not embrace you back.
SleepyButch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to SleepyButch For This Useful Post:
Old 10-23-2012, 12:05 AM   #6
Mtn

How Do You Identify?:
Stone butch, daddy type
Relationship Status:
sylvie calls me her studmuffin

Thanked 3,834 Times in 617 Posts
Mtn Has the BEST ReputationMtn Has the BEST ReputationMtn Has the BEST ReputationMtn Has the BEST ReputationMtn Has the BEST ReputationMtn Has the BEST ReputationMtn Has the BEST ReputationMtn Has the BEST ReputationMtn Has the BEST ReputationMtn Has the BEST ReputationMtn Has the BEST Reputation

I have told this story before, but in kindergarten there was a pretty little girl, I asked my Dad for an extra dime in my milk money envelope, so I could buy her milk at recess. Thankfully my Dad was pretty wise and gave me that dime. I think around that same time and around that same girl I got in trouble at school, for trying to sing louder than the boy that liked her as well. We were singing "She'll be coming round the mountain". Amusing.
Old 10-23-2012, 09:32 AM   #7
Massive

How Do You Identify?:
Trans man
Preferred Pronoun?:
He, Him
Relationship Status:
not looking

Thanked 2,383 Times in 765 Posts
Massive Has the BEST ReputationMassive Has the BEST ReputationMassive Has the BEST ReputationMassive Has the BEST ReputationMassive Has the BEST ReputationMassive Has the BEST ReputationMassive Has the BEST ReputationMassive Has the BEST ReputationMassive Has the BEST ReputationMassive Has the BEST ReputationMassive Has the BEST Reputation

It's actually one of my earliest memories, I must've been all of four or five, because I was reaching up to hold my Mums hand. Where we lived there were a lot of models, and med and legal students so there were a lot of good looking people walking around, me and Mum had just got off the bus coming home from town and I remember looking up from the pavement to see this drop-dead gorgeous woman walking towards us, long auburn hair cascading down her back, legs that went on forever, a tight, black mini-skirt, white blouse and tight black jacket, perfect cleavage ... I still drool now just thinking of her, she was a real pin-up girl! I also remember thinking, I'd like some of that
Old 10-23-2012, 09:44 AM   #8
Rockinonahigh

How Do You Identify?:
stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
makes no diffrence,I know who I am.
Relationship Status:
single,maybe looking if the right person comes along.

Thanked 14,937 Times in 3,936 Posts
Rockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST Reputation

What I remember most is being with my grand parents doing things that build memories.Every week Poppa and I would go the the merchantile in town to buy supplyies for a week,they had a snack bar with sweets in this big glass cabnet,the cream puffs were huge to a five yr old.I always got one wih a glass of milk (I was only allowed two cokes a week) while poppa bought the things he wanted.The other thing I remembered about the place was the raw coffee beans that were roasting in this big huge oven with a stiring bar to move the beans around..smelled so good and to this day when I open a fresh bag of coffee I think of the fun time with them.More later.
Rockinonahigh is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Rockinonahigh For This Useful Post:
Old 10-23-2012, 10:26 AM   #9
princessbelle
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
femme ones

Thanked 30,503 Times in 5,201 Posts
princessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputation

OMG i was so screwed up with my BF preference and absolutely no clue how that could become a literal life or what it all meant.

I was not attracted to girls and i was not attracted to boys at a young age.

The first boy that put his arm around me, in kindergarten, i punched him. Not because i felt boys were icky exactly, it's because i remember thinking "i wish you were a girl". I was more confused than you can imagine. I would go along with the girls who would squeal over this boy or that. But, always knew something wasn't exactly "normal" with me.

As time went on, i started noticing, by middle school, that all of my best friends were tomboys. I even took up sports to be around them. I finally figured out i could be a cheerleader, because i could still be an athlete without having to run across a soccer field and be the worst player.

The first inkling that i remember that i may be gay was in the 7th grade. One of my closest friends was Sherry (who did come out as a lesbian later in life and has been with her partner over 20 years, last i heard). Real tomboy, rough and tough, carried a switchblade. LOL so damn cute i swear. I did not come from a really rough school, but she thought it was cool. Guess what...So did i.

One day she said to me in the bus room..."When you look at me like that, you make my stomach wiggle and i feel like a boy". That was a pivotal moment for me, and most likely for her too.

We had definite separation of kids in my high school. We had the nerds, the athletes, the hoods (toughies), the scholars, ect. I was, by default, in the athletic group due to cheerleading. But, most of my best friends, tomboys, were hoods. Many of these friends did come out as being gay later. I was sorta their mascot in a way. They would come to football games and after the game was over i would leave with them and we would go smoke ciggerettes (ahem). This would piss my other "goodie goodie" friends off. So i was sorta an outcast with them at times.

Anyway, baby BFers are cute as all get out. I love these stories and thinking back and the light bulb moments...

Great thread.
Maya Angelou
princessbelle is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to princessbelle For This Useful Post:
Old 10-23-2012, 10:31 AM   #10
Sachita

How Do You Identify?:
Alpha Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Goddess
Relationship Status:
Completely in love

Thanked 8,994 Times in 2,249 Posts
Sachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

When I was in 4th grade I had a teacher who looked like Bobby Gentry. She had huge boobs and always smelled pretty. I didnt understand then why I wanted to always stand so close. I use to stare at her boobs and do anything to get near her and smell her perfume. Even if it meant getting in trouble.

In the 6th grade I had a best friend who was a tomboy and we use to kiss and play house.
Sachita is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Sachita For This Useful Post:
Old 10-23-2012, 11:50 AM   #11
macele

How Do You Identify?:
a bold-assed maximus
Preferred Pronoun?:
she

Thanked 3,239 Times in 849 Posts
macele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputation

3rd grade, 7/8 years old, ... i learned so much. i found out what social politics was all about. first time i saw skin color, ... prejudice. honest to goodness, i had not seen any of these things pre 3rd grade. this was big for me.

and i began to let the tomboy in me be seen. i started to choose the clothes i wanted to wear and cut my hair. one teacher loved me for it and one hated me for it. both left emotional scars.

we had a family reunion at a lake. so i go up to the gate to pay to swim. there's a bunch of teenagers, ... a girl is taking the money. i had on a tshirt and cut off jeans, no shoes. she tells me if i will kiss her, ... i get in free. well good lord i wanted to. i'm as cute as i can be. no breasts so i look just like a boy. my short blonde wavey hair, ... kinda looking like leif garrett. i wish i had just kissed her, ... and ran in to swim, ... and let myself float in the water, just feeling the "sigh". but noooo, i ran the other direction. this tells a lot about me, ... later in life.

i had a girl friend in the neighborhood. she would use me for the TOP, ... i let her. we didn't do anything other than me doing what she said, ... lay on top of her.

my first love/crush was a teacher, 4th grade. she was a tough femme. i liked it when she got on to me. and yes, i would get in trouble on purpose.

so many stories. memories.
macele is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to macele For This Useful Post:
Old 10-23-2012, 11:56 AM   #12
txdoc
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her
Relationship Status:
Wrangled

txdoc Has the BEST Reputationtxdoc Has the BEST Reputationtxdoc Has the BEST Reputationtxdoc Has the BEST Reputationtxdoc Has the BEST Reputationtxdoc Has the BEST Reputationtxdoc Has the BEST Reputationtxdoc Has the BEST Reputationtxdoc Has the BEST Reputationtxdoc Has the BEST Reputationtxdoc Has the BEST Reputation

I love this thread. It brings back so many memories. I remember the adoration I had for my 7th grade PE teacher. I, not the athlete, would do anything to please her. She would let me go get stuff for her from her car. Allow me to clean up her office. How I must have amused her... Still have a soft spot for coaches...lol.
txdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to txdoc For This Useful Post:
Old 10-23-2012, 12:05 PM   #13
Gráinne

How Do You Identify?:
Neither, nada, out of the box
Preferred Pronoun?:
My name always works
Relationship Status:
Happy whatever happens

Thanked 7,246 Times in 1,416 Posts
Gráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST Reputation

Oh, this was supposed to be B/F memories? That came later, although to me, that early experience in London plus a family that traveled overseas often, might have led to an almost lifelong feeling that I'm meant to be an expat. That's part of my identity, too.

I remember having "crushes" on girls my age from early grades, but the first gut-twisting feeling I had was my sixth grade teacher. Today I would peg her almost immediately as a butch lesbian, but what did I know back then? She was a great teacher and a big support for me at a difficult age. Now I trace my love of educating and in part, my sexuality, to her.
Old 10-23-2012, 12:43 PM   #14
*Anya*
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian non-stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:
Committed to being good to myself

Thanked 40,791 Times in 7,290 Posts
*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation

Very embarrassing but what the heck.

My mother loves to tell me about how when I was little, 5,-7, she "had" to sew my undershirt to my panties when I went out to play because I was constantly playing doctor with the little girls in the neighborhood.

(Never the little boys).

My first butch sighting that I have written about previously, where my stomach dropped, I felt almost like an out-of-body experience that gave me absolutely shaky legs and pitter patter of my heart; was when I saw varsity letter-jacketed Phyl. (Butch for Phyllis but no one called her that).

Her hair was slicked back in a ducktail and she looked tough as hell. It was more years than I care to admit but I can still see her standing in the hallway of my HS and I still remember exactly how I felt.

She is probably a gym teacher now.

Democracy Dies in Darkness

~Washington Post

"...I'm deeply concerned by recently adopted policies which punish children for their parents’ actions ... The thought that any State would seek to deter parents by inflicting such abuse on children is unconscionable."

UN Human Rights commissioner

Last edited by *Anya*; 10-23-2012 at 12:44 PM. Reason: Typo
*Anya* is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to *Anya* For This Useful Post:
Old 10-23-2012, 01:11 PM   #15
Reader
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Butch, Dyke, Feminist, Contrarian
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 2,229 Times in 586 Posts
Reader Has the BEST ReputationReader Has the BEST ReputationReader Has the BEST ReputationReader Has the BEST ReputationReader Has the BEST ReputationReader Has the BEST ReputationReader Has the BEST ReputationReader Has the BEST ReputationReader Has the BEST ReputationReader Has the BEST ReputationReader Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by guihong View Post
Oh, this was supposed to be B/F memories? That came later, although to me, that early experience in London plus a family that traveled overseas often, might have led to an almost lifelong feeling that I'm meant to be an expat. That's part of my identity, too.

I remember having "crushes" on girls my age from early grades, but the first gut-twisting feeling I had was my sixth grade teacher. Today I would peg her almost immediately as a butch lesbian, but what did I know back then? She was a great teacher and a big support for me at a difficult age. Now I trace my love of educating and in part, my sexuality, to her.
Nah, we wanna hear anything cool or relevant! Post away. I think it's great and I have never gotten bored from hearing this stuff.

Post away!

Reader is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Reader For This Useful Post:
Old 10-23-2012, 01:54 PM   #16
Rockinonahigh

How Do You Identify?:
stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
makes no diffrence,I know who I am.
Relationship Status:
single,maybe looking if the right person comes along.

Thanked 14,937 Times in 3,936 Posts
Rockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST Reputation

My Jr.high gym teacher was a bull dyke to the core,all of 5'2" a ball of muscel weight lifter wich wasnt really cool at the time but because some how she made it work for her.She told some of the parents one day she had to stay fit to teach her class so I gess they accepted her story wich wasnt off the mark at all.We were a rowdy bunch of hooligans in jr high.
Rockinonahigh is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Rockinonahigh For This Useful Post:
Old 10-23-2012, 02:21 PM   #17
SleepyButch

How Do You Identify?:
Dude
Preferred Pronoun?:
He, Him
Relationship Status:
Taken

Thanked 11,244 Times in 2,753 Posts
SleepyButch Has the BEST ReputationSleepyButch Has the BEST ReputationSleepyButch Has the BEST ReputationSleepyButch Has the BEST ReputationSleepyButch Has the BEST ReputationSleepyButch Has the BEST ReputationSleepyButch Has the BEST ReputationSleepyButch Has the BEST ReputationSleepyButch Has the BEST ReputationSleepyButch Has the BEST ReputationSleepyButch Has the BEST Reputation

When I was probably in the third/fourth grade, a bunch of us kids, the boys I would play with and some of the girls from the neighborhood would get together in someone's house and play the Osmonds. I looked a lot like Donny Osmond back in those days so I would be him and the other boys would be the brothers and the girls would be our girlfriends. We would sing to the records. It's funny to think about it now but the girls never had any issues with me having a pretend girlfriend or being my pretend gf for that matter.. lol. Oh the good ole days...

You cannot embrace those things that will not embrace you back.
SleepyButch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to SleepyButch For This Useful Post:
Old 10-23-2012, 02:22 PM   #18
Sachita

How Do You Identify?:
Alpha Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Goddess
Relationship Status:
Completely in love

Thanked 8,994 Times in 2,249 Posts
Sachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

When I was 13 I pushed a boy down and made him cry. For some reason it excited me. This boy wouldn;t leave me a lone. He would stand and stare at me from across the field. He asked me if I was really Indian and made the sound hitting his mouth. You would have thought that after pushing him down he's be more careful, right? lol

So I told him I really was an Indian and we should play cowboy and Indians. Somehow I was able to tie him to a tree. I tied him really good and he cried some more but I wouldn't let him go. My friend, a pretty sexy thing found us and the two of us tormented him. We didnt hurt him really but we sure had fun. I wasnt really a bully. He just needed to learn his lesson. I often wondered how that boy turned out in this world today.
Sachita is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Sachita For This Useful Post:
Old 10-23-2012, 02:28 PM   #19
princessbelle
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
femme ones

Thanked 30,503 Times in 5,201 Posts
princessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by SleepyButch View Post
When I was probably in the third/fourth grade, a bunch of us kids, the boys I would play with and some of the girls from the neighborhood would get together in someone's house and play the Osmonds. I looked a lot like Donny Osmond back in those days so I would be him and the other boys would be the brothers and the girls would be our girlfriends. We would sing to the records. It's funny to think about it now but the girls never had an issues with me having a pretend girlfriend or being my pretend gf for that matter.. lol. Oh the good ole days...
This cracked me up. How cute is that!!!

Most of the friends in my neighborhood were boys. But, there was this older tomboy that would play with us sometimes. Her name was Tootles, well her nickname was anyway. I was "forced" to play football and hated it. But, i would do it IF they all promised to play the Partridge Family or Lost in Space with me afterward. Sometimes they kept their promise.

So i got to tell who was was who. We would make up stories, like most of the boys would be friends of the Partridge family and come to the concerts. I always picked myself to be Tracy and would bang the tambourine but Tootles i would pick to be Keith. She looked like Keith. Very androgynous. We would sing to the records and i would swoon.

Wow. Had forgot about that memory.

Maya Angelou
princessbelle is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to princessbelle For This Useful Post:
Old 10-23-2012, 07:09 PM   #20
CherylNYC

How Do You Identify?:
Stonefemme lesbian
Preferred Pronoun?:
I'm a woman. Behave accordingly.
Relationship Status:
Single, not looking.

Thanked 7,150 Times in 1,206 Posts
CherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST Reputation

When I was about 5 years old I had a crush on my next door neighbour. I thought Evan was really dreamy and I wanted him to be my boyfriend. That is, I THOUGHT Evan was a him. Years later, long after we had moved away, I learned that Evan was a girl! My first crush on a tomboy.

Many years later I was finally invited to a party with the 'cool kids' in my High School. It was Hawaiian themed, and the girls were supposed to wear things like bikini tops with sarongs around our hips. I obliged. The boys wore loud Hawaiian shirts and stood in a group watching us watching them. Then I spotted Diane T., a jock and a tomboy, hanging with the boys and wearing the same kind of loose fitting shirt and shorts they were.

Oh. OOOH! I got it.

Tags
childhood, memories