Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > LIFE > Hobbies, Crafts, Interests

Hobbies, Crafts, Interests Do you like to knit? Throw pottery? Go fishing? Camping? Have Pets? Make jewelry? Tell us about it here!

View Poll Results: Number of pets and what type
cats? 59 31.22%
dogs? 61 32.28%
both 51 26.98%
Purchased or given to you? 39 20.63%
1 Pet? 41 21.69%
2 pets? 44 23.28%
3 or more pets? 91 48.15%
Rescued/adopted? 128 67.72%
prefer pets over kids 54 28.57%
prefer pets over humans 63 33.33%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 189. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-09-2010, 11:57 PM   #81
AtLast
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
HER - SHE
Relationship Status:
Relating

Thanked 10,830 Times in 3,200 Posts
AtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

What a day! My Frog Dog had an ER vet visit due to infected anal glands. He was in great pain and I was freaked. He is OK, but loopy on pain meds tonight. He might be on anti-biotics for a month- guess this can be difficult to clear up. He is getting some canned pumpkin too (organic!), to help with softer stools.

He has never had any problems with this before and there were no indications which seemed odd. The vet said that can happen, however and that the only think that might show up would be some blood in the stool.

I felt terrible for him, he could hardly walk and just shook. I am not good when my pets are in distress, but, I stayed as calm as possible. I didn't want him more upset than he already was.

He is snoozing (pain meds still in his system) right by me on the bed while his older kitty brother is tucked in his bed with the heating pad (the old cat with kidney problems). My manx seems to know that things are off with his brothers and has settled not far from Frog Dog on the bed.
AtLast is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to AtLast For This Useful Post:
Old 11-10-2010, 12:06 AM   #82
LipstickLola

How Do You Identify?:
Happy
Preferred Pronoun?:
she

Thanked 1,597 Times in 433 Posts
LipstickLola Has the BEST ReputationLipstickLola Has the BEST ReputationLipstickLola Has the BEST ReputationLipstickLola Has the BEST ReputationLipstickLola Has the BEST ReputationLipstickLola Has the BEST ReputationLipstickLola Has the BEST ReputationLipstickLola Has the BEST ReputationLipstickLola Has the BEST ReputationLipstickLola Has the BEST ReputationLipstickLola Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtLastHome View Post
What a day! My Frog Dog had an ER vet visit due to infected anal glands. He was in great pain and I was freaked. He is OK, but loopy on pain meds tonight. He might be on anti-biotics for a month- guess this can be difficult to clear up. He is getting some canned pumpkin too (organic!), to help with softer stools.

He has never had any problems with this before and there were no indications which seemed odd. The vet said that can happen, however and that the only think that might show up would be some blood in the stool.

I felt terrible for him, he could hardly walk and just shook. I am not good when my pets are in distress, but, I stayed as calm as possible. I didn't want him more upset than he already was.

He is snoozing (pain meds still in his system) right by me on the bed while his older kitty brother is tucked in his bed with the heating pad (the old cat with kidney problems). My manx seems to know that things are off with his brothers and has settled not far from Frog Dog on the bed.
Some dogs are prone to this, and so your vet may be teaching you to express his anal gland on a regular basis to keep this from happening again.
Good luck to Frog Dog, feel better!
LipstickLola is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to LipstickLola For This Useful Post:
Old 11-10-2010, 12:44 AM   #83
katsarecool

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her, Woman
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 1,765 Times in 734 Posts
katsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtLastHome View Post

Frog Dog, get well soon!!!!
Old 11-10-2010, 01:07 PM   #84
silentshout

How Do You Identify?:
andro
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
single

silentshout Has the BEST Reputationsilentshout Has the BEST Reputationsilentshout Has the BEST Reputationsilentshout Has the BEST Reputationsilentshout Has the BEST Reputationsilentshout Has the BEST Reputationsilentshout Has the BEST Reputationsilentshout Has the BEST Reputationsilentshout Has the BEST Reputationsilentshout Has the BEST Reputationsilentshout Has the BEST Reputation

My cat got rescued by a dumpster. She's a Siamese Linx-point. Very talkative and social. For such reasons she makes a fantastic alarm clock.
Old 11-10-2010, 06:23 PM   #85
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Thanked 26,893 Times in 5,771 Posts
DapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST Reputation

I just realized that I never mentioned what I had in terms of pets, which I think is a thread rule.

One pet.

A dog.

A shortie Jack Russell (Parson Russell). Often they are called English or Irish Jack Russells.

Or what the Amercian Kennel Club calls them - Russell Terriers.

Currently they fall under the Foundation Stock Service (miscellaneous class) of the AKC and are not yet an official "breed".

Pretty much they are the Jack Russells that you know and love and are of the shorter variety.

My guy is five years old and he is perfect.

And trans.

Are you educated or indoctrinated?
DapperButch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to DapperButch For This Useful Post:
Old 11-10-2010, 06:44 PM   #86
scootebaby
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
yes dear
Preferred Pronoun?:
she

Thanked 6,737 Times in 1,777 Posts
scootebaby Has the BEST Reputationscootebaby Has the BEST Reputationscootebaby Has the BEST Reputationscootebaby Has the BEST Reputationscootebaby Has the BEST Reputationscootebaby Has the BEST Reputationscootebaby Has the BEST Reputationscootebaby Has the BEST Reputationscootebaby Has the BEST Reputationscootebaby Has the BEST Reputationscootebaby Has the BEST Reputation

my sweetie Jo posted about our small zoo already,and im proud to say we just added a 7-8 week old kitten to the mix...white paws,bluish eyes,greyish color and we call him "Grayson"...i have one more kitten to get once the owners get it cleaned up for us. solid white which Rooster wants to call sodium chloride-Salt for short............yeah that was my reaction to....lol....but we will see if we cant compromise
scootebaby is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to scootebaby For This Useful Post:
Old 11-10-2010, 06:57 PM   #87
Mtn

How Do You Identify?:
Stone butch, daddy type
Relationship Status:
sylvie calls me her studmuffin

Thanked 3,834 Times in 617 Posts
Mtn Has the BEST ReputationMtn Has the BEST ReputationMtn Has the BEST ReputationMtn Has the BEST ReputationMtn Has the BEST ReputationMtn Has the BEST ReputationMtn Has the BEST ReputationMtn Has the BEST ReputationMtn Has the BEST ReputationMtn Has the BEST ReputationMtn Has the BEST Reputation

Today I kept thinking I heard my pup "crying" in the way she has been known to do sometimes, but I'd go in and see and she was fine, then I discovered one of her new squeaky toys sounds JUST like that, silly me, and makes sense why she was looking at me like WHAT????
Old 11-10-2010, 08:31 PM   #88
ravfem

How Do You Identify?:
i'm a girl
Relationship Status:
negative

Thanked 3,126 Times in 1,269 Posts
ravfem Has the BEST Reputationravfem Has the BEST Reputationravfem Has the BEST Reputationravfem Has the BEST Reputationravfem Has the BEST Reputationravfem Has the BEST Reputationravfem Has the BEST Reputationravfem Has the BEST Reputationravfem Has the BEST Reputationravfem Has the BEST Reputationravfem Has the BEST Reputation

Kiba turned 2 in August. His mom is an American Pit Bull Terrier (Old Family Red Nose) and his dad is assumed to be some other sort of terrier, probably schnauzer, because Kiba has a beard. A gray one. Between his beard and his laid back disposition, people assume he's an old man.

We spotted him at an adoption drive when he was 6 months old. He wasn't allowed inside the building with the other dogs because he is a bullie mix.

He was sitting quietly, watching everyone. Took 2 weeks from that day til he got to come home, due to the rescue organization's very good, intense adoption process. She had pics of his mom & his 11 litter-mates at their first home; mom was chained outside, skin & bones. The rescue woman talked the owner into giving her all of them.

i tried desperately to get my house mate to adopt his mom, but she put her foot down at one.

Kiba is the easiest dog to train i've ever had (i grew up with dogs, he's my first Bullie). i love him dearly.

And i want a cat so bad i can't stand it! i keep telling Rlin i'm gonna steal one of hers (Rufus) because he obviously loves me & wants to come home with me.
Old 11-10-2010, 08:49 PM   #89
Rockinonahigh

How Do You Identify?:
stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
makes no diffrence,I know who I am.
Relationship Status:
single,maybe looking if the right person comes along.

Thanked 14,937 Times in 3,936 Posts
Rockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST Reputation

I have two fur kids hear,one is a rescue,her name is Diva.When I got her she had been found by a friend of mine on a cold rainy march night near frezing to death in the garbage dump not far from her house.Any way she took her home but her bigger fur kids didnt get alone with Diva at all so she called me then brouhgt her to me and said happy bday..it was my bday but I shure didnt expect a new family member.She looke at me..I looked at her soooo we both desided to give it a try.Now she is well fed and very healthy,has learned how to play with toys and do some tricks.Yes, she is well loved and spoiled to no end.Then comes Rowdy, who has he napolian complex,she is jack russel minipoodle mix...long story about this...seams like momma went to visit her bf so all was suposed to be a done deal when she got back.But the folks also had a mini poodle who was intrested in the lady j russel show dog,when the pups were born they were really cute russelpoos..all looks more poodle than JR.Being I didnt want Diva to be an only child I went to see the pups,Rowdy picked me out of the bunch so to speak and has been my protector,guard dog and best friend to the Diva.Yep,they are both spoiled to no end.Nither weighs over 15 pounds but anyone hearing them would think other wise.
Rockinonahigh is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Rockinonahigh For This Useful Post:
Old 11-10-2010, 08:59 PM   #90
Miss Scarlett
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Relationship Status:

Thanked 12,949 Times in 3,419 Posts
Miss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST Reputation

Walked in the door tonight to discover my cat's favorite mouse just inside the front door. Called the cat and as usual she did not respond. Went into the bedroom and turned on the light - there she was, curled up on the bed giving me this "Huh?" look and was very disoriented for a few minutes - you could see she was trying to wake up. It was soooooooooo cute!

Then I got the "look"...you know, the one that only a cat can deliver.
Miss Scarlett is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Miss Scarlett For This Useful Post:
Old 11-10-2010, 09:28 PM   #91
perfekly_flawed

How Do You Identify?:
I'm admittedly a bit of a Princessa... borderline BRAT
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mizz, She, Her or Bitch if ya wanna get personal...
Relationship Status:
Lovin' on Mi Papi!

perfekly_flawed Has the BEST Reputationperfekly_flawed Has the BEST Reputationperfekly_flawed Has the BEST Reputationperfekly_flawed Has the BEST Reputationperfekly_flawed Has the BEST Reputationperfekly_flawed Has the BEST Reputationperfekly_flawed Has the BEST Reputationperfekly_flawed Has the BEST Reputationperfekly_flawed Has the BEST Reputationperfekly_flawed Has the BEST Reputationperfekly_flawed Has the BEST Reputation

Starting with the diva-dog on the left and then going clock-wise:

Coco Joi, 10-year old Rat Terrier that I got as an 8-week old puppy when I lived in Virginia. She is the most devoted dog I've ever known. She's a bit of a cover hog but a complete lovebug so it's okay with me! Oh, and she's butch...

Leo, 10 year old DSH rescued from a camp ground by my ex when she was very tiny. She's been horribly overweight for years and despite numerous attempts at different diet, forced exercise (as if)... she just stays HUGE. She's quiet and loving and one of those cats who'd sit in your lap for 5 hour stretches if you'd let her. Oh, and she's the object of Coco's butch affections... no, seriously!

Bobby, 7 year old tuxedo boy (the ONLY boy in the roost now that my son is out on his own) who is absolutely the best cat I've ever had the privledge of sharing a house with. When *I* sneeze, no matter where he is in the house, he always meows VERY loudly ... it's the only time you hear that particular tone from him and he only does it for ME.

Ruby, 3 year old rescue kitty - found clinging to a fence in the rain by someone who then brought her in to a friend of mine who is a vet... After being bottle fed til she could be weaned, she joined our family.

Since I've recently gone thru a break up, and chose to move to a small condo, I currently have Coco and my ex has our 3 cats and I have open/liberal visitation. I miss them... horribly!

Perfekly_Flawed

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f3...ianPride32.gif

Last edited by perfekly_flawed; 11-10-2010 at 09:29 PM. Reason: Typo.
perfekly_flawed is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to perfekly_flawed For This Useful Post:
Old 11-15-2010, 07:24 PM   #92
Sachita

How Do You Identify?:
Alpha Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Goddess
Relationship Status:
Completely in love

Thanked 8,994 Times in 2,249 Posts
Sachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

wow how cool to see so many people adopting and rescuing.

I have less dogs then normal losing two older dogs this year but still have 3 dogs, 4 cats, a pig and birds. I don't count my chickens as pets.
The Following User Says Thank You to Sachita For This Useful Post:
Old 11-28-2010, 08:56 PM   #93
katsarecool

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her, Woman
Relationship Status:
Single

katsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputation

I love this!!!

http://www.facebook.com/#!/video/vid...75184&comments
Old 11-28-2010, 09:17 PM   #94
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,771 Times in 25,659 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by katsarecool View Post
I had a cat that'd do that but not for that long. Too cute!

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 11-29-2010, 10:57 PM   #95
katsarecool

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her, Woman
Relationship Status:
Single

This one is so funny!!!

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=plWnm7UpsXk"]YouTube - Dramatic Cat[/nomedia]
Old 11-29-2010, 11:29 PM   #96
Rook

How Do You Identify?:
A.G - Stone Butch - GenderFuck
Preferred Pronoun?:
Hym, Hyz...or, just b respectable, it's not that hard..

Thanked 3,183 Times in 1,287 Posts
Rook Has the BEST ReputationRook Has the BEST ReputationRook Has the BEST ReputationRook Has the BEST ReputationRook Has the BEST ReputationRook Has the BEST ReputationRook Has the BEST ReputationRook Has the BEST ReputationRook Has the BEST ReputationRook Has the BEST ReputationRook Has the BEST Reputation

A PET'S TEN COMMANDMENTS

1. My life is likely to last 10-15 years. Any separation from you is likely to be painful.
2. Give me time to understand what you want of me
3. Place your trust in me. It is crucial for my well-being.
4. Don't be angry with me for long and don't lock me up as punishment. You have your work, your friends, your entertainment, but I have only you.
5. Talk to me. Even if I don't understand your words, I do understand your voice when speaking to me.
6. Be aware that however you treat me, I will never forget it.
7. Before you hit me, before you strike me, remember that I could hurt you, and yet, I choose not to bite you.
8. Before you scold me for being lazy or uncooperative, ask yourself if something might be bothering me. Perhaps I'm not getting the right food, I have been in the sun too long, or my heart might be getting old or weak.
9. Please take care of me when I grow old. You too, will grow old.
10 On the ultimate difficult journey, go with me please. Never say you can't bear to watch. Don't make me face this alone. Everything is easier for me if you are there, because I love you so.

~Take a moment today to reflect on the countless Blessings of your precious Pets unquestionable Devotions. Enjoy and take good care of them. Life would be a much duller, less joyful experience without their presence.

Old 11-30-2010, 12:11 AM   #97
Leigh
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her, etc
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 13,026 Times in 4,786 Posts
Leigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST Reputation

Got two cats, a girl Muffy & a boy Tigger

Leigh is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Leigh For This Useful Post:
Old 12-06-2010, 08:08 PM   #98
Gentle Tiger

How Do You Identify?:
As a Tiger of course
Preferred Pronoun?:
Not the Old Man
Relationship Status:
Two Tigers

Thanked 15,995 Times in 3,996 Posts
Gentle Tiger Has the BEST ReputationGentle Tiger Has the BEST ReputationGentle Tiger Has the BEST ReputationGentle Tiger Has the BEST ReputationGentle Tiger Has the BEST ReputationGentle Tiger Has the BEST ReputationGentle Tiger Has the BEST ReputationGentle Tiger Has the BEST ReputationGentle Tiger Has the BEST ReputationGentle Tiger Has the BEST ReputationGentle Tiger Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by katsarecool View Post
Ditto. The very first cat I ever had would do this. But I never could see what SHE saw. lol Thanks for sharing the video.

Gentle Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 08:11 PM   #99
justkim

How Do You Identify?:
Me...
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
<3 myself

Thanked 6,801 Times in 1,553 Posts
justkim Has the BEST Reputationjustkim Has the BEST Reputationjustkim Has the BEST Reputationjustkim Has the BEST Reputationjustkim Has the BEST Reputationjustkim Has the BEST Reputationjustkim Has the BEST Reputationjustkim Has the BEST Reputationjustkim Has the BEST Reputationjustkim Has the BEST Reputationjustkim Has the BEST Reputation

Missing my purr-kids today... I still have my chi's but I miss the affection from my cats... Well, they aren't mine any more but none the less I miss them...
justkim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 08:13 PM   #100
Soft*Silver
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 15,621 Times in 3,976 Posts
Soft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST Reputation

please send prayers for a newfoundland mix I am working on trying to get rescued out of a high kill shelter in Bulls Head Az before they kill her. Her time is VERY limited. A team of dedicated newf lovers are working together but the right conditions have to fall in place...

let this be a CHristmas miracle....
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Soft*Silver For This Useful Post: