Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > THE BUTCHFEMMEPLANET PLANET > United States Forums > South Carolina Forums

Old 08-13-2011, 07:03 AM   #1
jelli

How Do You Identify?:
Femmilicious
Preferred Pronoun?:
*she*
Relationship Status:
And you said I wasn’t your type!!!

Thanked 1,079 Times in 377 Posts
jelli Has the BEST Reputationjelli Has the BEST Reputationjelli Has the BEST Reputationjelli Has the BEST Reputationjelli Has the BEST Reputationjelli Has the BEST Reputationjelli Has the BEST Reputationjelli Has the BEST Reputationjelli Has the BEST Reputationjelli Has the BEST Reputationjelli Has the BEST Reputation
Cool ~ Show Me What You Got SC ~

Where have you gone in the great State of SC that is worth sharing?
~*~*~
Where would you like to go?
~*~*~
If possible, also share a picture or a link.

“Sometimes we make the right decision; sometimes we make the decision right.”

“Every conflict is a lesson in self-discovery for both of us. Sometimes it's only hindsight that makes it worth it. For you, I would do it all again.“
jelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 07:10 AM   #2
jelli

How Do You Identify?:
Femmilicious
Preferred Pronoun?:
*she*
Relationship Status:

jelli Has the BEST Reputationjelli Has the BEST Reputationjelli Has the BEST Reputationjelli Has the BEST Reputationjelli Has the BEST Reputationjelli Has the BEST Reputationjelli Has the BEST Reputationjelli Has the BEST Reputationjelli Has the BEST Reputationjelli Has the BEST Reputationjelli Has the BEST Reputation
Default Angel Oak

Angel Oak (John's Island, South Carolina)

I'd like to visit her.

Reportedly the oldest thing -- living or man-made -- east of the Rockies, Angel Oak is a live oak tree aged approximately 1,500 years.

"Angel Oak is a live oak. It is native to the low country and is not very tall but has a wide spread canopy. Lumber from the live oak forests in the sea islands was highly valued for shipbuilding in the eighteenth and nineteenth centuries. Angel Oak stands on part of Abraham Waight's 1717 land grant. Mr. Waight owned several plantations. The City of Charleston now owns Angel Oak. There is no charge to view the tree and is a must see when visiting Charleston, South Carolina

For tourists who haven't visited Angel Oak, you should know that it is this state's most imposing work of nature, more impressive even than a plate of shrimp and grits. The Tree (one instinctively capitalizes the word when talking about this colossal vegetable) stands in an obscure wooded area of John's Island, some 12 miles beyond the Ashley River. The Tree is huge, and it is ancient. Estimates of its age run as high as 1,500 years.

Towering over 65 feet high, the Angel Oak has shaded John's Island, South Carolina, for over 1400 years, and would have sprouted 1000 years before Columbus' arrival in the New World. Recorded history traces the ownership of the live oak and surrounding land, back to the year 1717 when Abraham Waight received it as part of a small land grant. The tree stayed in the Waight family for four generations, and was part of a Marriage Settlement to Justus Angel and Martha Waight Tucker Angel. In modern times, the Angel Oak has become the focal point of a public park. Today the live oak has a diameter of spread reaching 160 feet, a circumference of nearly 25 feet, and covers 17,100 square feet of ground. www.historictrees.org "

http://www.angeloaktree.org/home/292...gel_Oak_15.jpg

“Every conflict is a lesson in self-discovery for both of us. Sometimes it's only hindsight that makes it worth it. For you, I would do it all again.“
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jelli For This Useful Post:
Old 08-13-2011, 07:33 AM   #3
jelli

How Do You Identify?:
Femmilicious
Preferred Pronoun?:
*she*
Relationship Status:

Default Hunting Island - we've gone several times.

We have visited Hunting island several times over the last few years. We've camped, crab fished off the pier, went to the Gay Fish co. for some huge fresh shrimp, enjoyed walking in salt water marshes, dead wood forest, of course the light house, combing the beaches, spotting all the sea treasures, watching the ranger protect loggerhead sea turtle beds, all sorts of wildlife, kayaking, etc. Just an overall great trip that we plan to repeat.

http://huntingisland.com/

http://www.southcarolinaparks.com/pa...park/1019.aspx

Gay Fish Co. http://www.yelp.com/biz/gay-fish-company-inc-beaufort

Shrimp Shack http://www.yelp.com/biz/shrimp-shack...-helena-island

Last edited by jelli; 08-13-2011 at 07:42 AM. Reason: Forgot something.
The Following User Says Thank You to jelli For This Useful Post:
Old 08-13-2011, 08:05 AM   #4
jelli

How Do You Identify?:
Femmilicious
Preferred Pronoun?:
*she*
Relationship Status:

Thumbs up We love our Jocasee = Mini-vacay!

"This 7,500-acre man-made reservoir is virtually undeveloped. Its clear, calm waters and gentle mountains."

Lake Jocassee has been a home away from home from day one. This is where we've gone camping, kayaking, fishing, rock jumping, etc. We've rented a cabin and had a group of friends come up for a long weekend. We've spotted eagles nest and watched the scuba folks adventure down to see the remains of the flooded town.

A few pics from one of our kayak wknds.

```

http://www.southcarolinaparks.com/pa...park/1355.aspx

Old 08-13-2011, 02:11 PM   #5
Blade
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
TG
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
once in a while someone amazing comes along...and here I am!

Thanked 14,400 Times in 4,049 Posts
Blade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST Reputation
Default Charlestowne Landing

http://www.charlestowne.org/visitus.shtml

The best way to predict the future, is to create it.
Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Blade For This Useful Post:
Old 08-13-2011, 02:53 PM   #6
Blade
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
TG
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
once in a while someone amazing comes along...and here I am!

Thanked 14,400 Times in 4,049 Posts
Blade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST Reputation
Default Branchville

I spent my summers as a child in Branchville. It is right outside of Orangeburg. There is a lot to see within 25 miles or so of Branchville. Now don't get me wrong there is nothing there, not really. It's close to the Edisto River which is black water and full of the biggest bream I've ever caught also full of snakes and skeeters that sound like airplanes coming in. It's a very small town, I'm sure there isn't a campground or hotel there but both can be found several miles out. There are some very old cemeteries there, and just riding around the country down that way is a history lesson not to mention a beautiful ride.

It was not until 1832 that the railroad phase of Branchville's history began. It was then that the South Carolina Railroad's tracks reached the site of the present Branchville, and that was the end of "The Branch."

Some 170 acres of land were purchased by the railroad company which proceeded to lay out the town. Present-day dwellers of Branchville say that the company used excellent foresight in its planning. Only one street in the town is less than 100 feet wide! Few towns or cities can lay claim to such a distinction.

Branchville then became the first railroad junction in the world when the railroad company extended its rails on to Hamburg, across the Savannah River from Augusta, Georgia and to the north, to Orangeburg and Columbia. Both rail lines closely paralleled the Old Indian Trails! The "Best Friend," the first steam railroad in the South, if not in the United States, hauled freight and passengers over the Charleston to Hamburg line through Branchville!

The Town of Branchville was incorporated on Dec. 23, 1858, taking in all of the property within a radius of one mile of the railroad station.

The old Rail Road Depot is a Museum now

The best way to predict the future, is to create it.
Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Blade For This Useful Post:
Old 08-13-2011, 04:43 PM   #7
jelli

How Do You Identify?:
Femmilicious
Preferred Pronoun?:
*she*
Relationship Status:

Talking Caesar's Head

Feeling on top of the world and yet in place so much bigger than yourself. Yes, that would explain only a small portion of how I feel at Caesar's.

Also don't forget the Devil's Kitchen(located at Caesar's Head too). This is my son and DIL down inside the kitchen...

http://www.southcarolinaparks.com/pa...park/1648.aspx

Old 08-13-2011, 05:58 PM   #8
jelli

How Do You Identify?:
Femmilicious
Preferred Pronoun?:
*she*
Relationship Status:

Default Paris Mtn State Park

Great place to hike, bike, picnic, swim, camp, etc.

"Mountain trail at the edge of South Carolina's largest metropolitan area. Paris Mountain is a monadnock, an immense rock that endured when the mountains around it weathered away. This area has been protected since the 1890s. Due to the steepness of the terrain, much of the park has never been logged. Two reservoirs add beauty to the park. Both were originally built to provide drinking water to the city of Greenville. Now they provide recreation and scenic vistas."

http://www.heartofgreenville.com/myi...in_small13.jpg

http://pmspf.org/new/pages/

http://www.southcarolinaparks.com/pa...-park/722.aspx

Old 08-13-2011, 06:05 PM   #9
jelli

How Do You Identify?:
Femmilicious
Preferred Pronoun?:
*she*
Relationship Status:

Exclamation *Pretty Place*

I'd like to visit. Pretty Place - SC

Tags
adventure, south carolina, tourist, travel, vacation