Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > HEALTH: BODY, MIND, SPIRIT > Body Beauty, Lifestyles

Old 04-28-2015, 12:24 PM   #301
MysticOceansFL

How Do You Identify?:
Butch,
Preferred Pronoun?:
People call me by my nic name.
Relationship Status:
Not Single, Not Desperate.

Thanked 4,035 Times in 1,720 Posts
MysticOceansFL Has the BEST ReputationMysticOceansFL Has the BEST ReputationMysticOceansFL Has the BEST ReputationMysticOceansFL Has the BEST ReputationMysticOceansFL Has the BEST ReputationMysticOceansFL Has the BEST ReputationMysticOceansFL Has the BEST ReputationMysticOceansFL Has the BEST ReputationMysticOceansFL Has the BEST ReputationMysticOceansFL Has the BEST ReputationMysticOceansFL Has the BEST Reputation

I was lazy and just made a berry smoothie for lunch and a bowl of mixed nuts

It is said, " Some lives are linked across time.....

Connected by an ancient calling that echoes through the ages "......
MysticOceansFL is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MysticOceansFL For This Useful Post:
Old 04-29-2015, 02:56 PM   #302
Jesse
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Transguy
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
single

1 Highscore

Thanked 17,793 Times in 3,939 Posts
Jesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST Reputation

I love kale too. I mostly juice it, but I do love kale chips!
“You’re so hard on yourself. Take a moment. Sit back. Marvel at your life: at the grief that softened you, at the heartache that widened you, at the suffering that strengthened you. Despite everything, you still grow. Be proud of this.”
Jesse is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Jesse For This Useful Post:
Old 05-04-2015, 11:31 AM   #303
Orema
Superlative Soul Sister

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her, shawty
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 34,112 Times in 8,595 Posts
Orema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST Reputation
Default Chard with Shallots, Pancetta and Walnuts

Had something similar to this recently and it was scrumptious.

Chard with Shallots, Pancetta and Walnuts

Description:
For this simple sautéed chard, flavored with rich-tasting pancetta and walnuts, we prefer the milder taste of green chard.

Ingredients:
2 thin slices pancetta, (1 1/2 ounces), diced (see Tip)
2 medium shallots, thinly sliced
1 pound chard, stems and leaves separated, chopped (see Note)
1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
1/4 cup water
1 tablespoon lemon juice
2 tablespoons chopped walnuts, toasted (see Tip)
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper

Preparation:
  1. Cook pancetta in a Dutch oven over medium heat, stirring, until it begins to brown, 4 to 6 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, transfer to a plate lined with paper towels.
  2. Add shallots, chard stems and thyme to the pan drippings and cook, stirring, until the shallots begin to brown, 4 to 5 minutes. Add chard leaves, water and lemon juice and cook, stirring, until wilted, about 2 minutes. Cover and cook until tender, 2 to 4 minutes more. Remove from the heat; stir in the pancetta, walnuts and pepper.

Tips: Pancetta is an unsmoked Italian bacon usually found in the deli section of large supermarkets and specialty food stores. Regular or turkey bacon may be substituted.
To toast chopped walnuts: Cook in a small dry skillet over medium-low heat, stirring constantly, until fragrant and lightly browned, 2 to 4 minutes.
Note: After washing the chard, allow some of the water to cling to the leaves. It helps steam the chard and prevents a dry finished dish.
Orema is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Orema For This Useful Post:
Old 05-04-2015, 06:21 PM   #304
Jesse
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Transguy
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
single

1 Highscore

Jesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST Reputation

Sounds good, Orema! I might try it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orema View Post
Had something similar to this recently and it was scrumptious.

Chard with Shallots, Pancetta and Walnuts

Description:
For this simple sautéed chard, flavored with rich-tasting pancetta and walnuts, we prefer the milder taste of green chard.

Ingredients:
2 thin slices pancetta, (1 1/2 ounces), diced (see Tip)
2 medium shallots, thinly sliced
1 pound chard, stems and leaves separated, chopped (see Note)
1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
1/4 cup water
1 tablespoon lemon juice
2 tablespoons chopped walnuts, toasted (see Tip)
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper

Preparation:
  1. Cook pancetta in a Dutch oven over medium heat, stirring, until it begins to brown, 4 to 6 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, transfer to a plate lined with paper towels.
  2. Add shallots, chard stems and thyme to the pan drippings and cook, stirring, until the shallots begin to brown, 4 to 5 minutes. Add chard leaves, water and lemon juice and cook, stirring, until wilted, about 2 minutes. Cover and cook until tender, 2 to 4 minutes more. Remove from the heat; stir in the pancetta, walnuts and pepper.

Tips: Pancetta is an unsmoked Italian bacon usually found in the deli section of large supermarkets and specialty food stores. Regular or turkey bacon may be substituted.
To toast chopped walnuts: Cook in a small dry skillet over medium-low heat, stirring constantly, until fragrant and lightly browned, 2 to 4 minutes.
Note: After washing the chard, allow some of the water to cling to the leaves. It helps steam the chard and prevents a dry finished dish.
“You’re so hard on yourself. Take a moment. Sit back. Marvel at your life: at the grief that softened you, at the heartache that widened you, at the suffering that strengthened you. Despite everything, you still grow. Be proud of this.”
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jesse For This Useful Post:
Old 05-04-2015, 09:07 PM   #305
Feasting Panther

How Do You Identify?:
Trans Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Single

Feasting Panther is on a distinguished road
Default carbs vs protein

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse View Post
You know who you are...eating many carbs makes you feel lethargic, tired, headachy and left with still craving more carbs/sugars.

This thread is for those of us who have switched from being carb burners to fat burners. Our diets are filled with high purine proteins, high essential fats and low complex carbs.

Please share your experiences, recipes etc here.

This thread is NOT for debating about whether lo carbing is a good thing or not, it is simply a place to share for those of us who do eat this way.

Jesse
Hi, I follow a pritiken based plant only diet, I do eat bread but make it myself and use spelt flour. I had open heart and nuerosurgery in 2013 and am also recovering from chemo and a bone marrow transplant.
I am on a very high daily dose of estrogen compared to most M-T-F's but i don't take anti-androgen's due to being XXY and having a orchidectomy.
I feel i get enough energy from a Pure Based Plant Diet, I am to exercise and
weight gain due to HRT has been minimal.
Feasting Panther is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Feasting Panther For This Useful Post:
Old 05-10-2015, 03:53 PM   #306
Jesse
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Transguy
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
single

1 Highscore

Mmm...chocolate chip cookies the Paleo way.

http://elanaspantry.com/crispy-chocolate-chip-cookies/
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jesse For This Useful Post:
Old 05-20-2015, 07:11 PM   #307
Jesse
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Transguy
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
single

1 Highscore

These little date treats are super good and Paleo approved! As you will see from the webpage, you can roll them in a variety of mixtures. I like the coconut/walnuts, but I also like to make them with coconut and shredded dark chocolate.

[URL="http://www.mamaslebanesekitchen.com/desserts/dates-fudge-walnuts-coconut-recipe/#sthash.RDE6q0gt.1hWGj87u.dpbs"]
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Jesse For This Useful Post:
Old 05-22-2015, 05:10 PM   #308
Jesse
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Transguy
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
single

1 Highscore

Here's another sweet snack that is Paleo friendly. I have not tried this one, but it has pecans in it, so I definitely will do so in the near future.

Cinnamon Pecan Brittle
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Jesse For This Useful Post:
Old 06-28-2015, 06:31 PM   #309
Jesse
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Transguy
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
single

1 Highscore

Watermelon Mojito Salad Recipe
Prep time: 20 mins Total time: 20 mins
Serves: Serves 6

Ingredients
3 cups seedless watermelon, cubed
1-1/2 cups seedless cucumber, cubed
2 tbsp thinly sliced fresh mint leaves
Zest from two limes
¼ cup fresh lime juice (about 2 limes)
1 tbsp olive oil
Pinch of sea salt
Pinch of black pepper
Instructions
Cut the rind off the watermelon and cut into medium-sized cubes (about ½-inch).
Peel the cucumber, if you prefer, and cut into similar sized cubes.
Slice the mint leaves thinly. To chiffonade, stack the leaves on top of each other. Roll them up lengthwise into a bundle, then thinly slice.
Combine these ingredients in a large bowl.
In a smaller bowl or a small jar, combine the lime juice, lime zest, olive oil, salt and pepper. Stir (or shake) well to combine. Pour over the watermelon and cucumber and stir well.

Courtesy of www.stupideasypaleo.com
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Jesse For This Useful Post:
Old 07-08-2015, 07:39 PM   #310
Orema
Superlative Soul Sister

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her, shawty
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 34,112 Times in 8,595 Posts
Orema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST Reputation
Default Chicken and Brussels Sprouts with Mustard Sauce

Chicken and Brussels Sprouts with Mustard Sauce

Ingredients
  • 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
  • 4 (6-ounce) skinless, boneless chicken breasts
  • 3/8 teaspoon salt, divided
  • 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
  • 3/4 cup fat-free, lower-sodium chicken broth, divided (certified gluten-free if necessary)
  • 1/4 cup unfiltered apple cider
  • 2 tablespoons whole-grain Dijon mustard (certified gluten-free if necessary)
  • 2 tablespoons butter, divided
  • 1 tablespoon chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
  • 12 ounces Brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved

Directions

Preheat oven to 450°F.
  1. Heat a large ovenproof skillet over high heat.
  2. Add 1 tablespoon oil.
  3. Sprinkle chicken with 1/4 teaspoon salt and pepper; add to pan.
  4. Cook 3 minutes or until browned. Turn chicken; place pan in oven.
  5. Bake at 450° for 9 minutes or until done.
  6. Remove chicken from pan; keep warm.
  7. Heat pan over medium-high heat.
  8. Add 1/2 cup broth and cider; bring to a boil, scraping pan to loosen browned bits.
  9. Reduce heat to medium-low; simmer 4 minutes or until thickened. Whisk in mustard, 1 tablespoon butter, and parsley.
  10. Heat remaining 1 tablespoon oil and 1 tablespoon butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
  11. Add Brussels sprouts; sauté 2 minutes or until lightly browned.
  12. Add remaining 1/8 teaspoon salt and 1/4 cup broth to pan; cover and cook 4 minutes or until crisp-tender.
  13. Serve sprouts with chicken and sauce.

Nutrition Information

Serves: 4 | Serving Size: 1 chicken breast half + 2/3 cup Brussels sprouts + 2 tablespoons sauce

Per serving: Calories: 350; Total Fat: 15g; Saturated Fat: 5g; Monounsaturated Fat: 7g; Cholesterol: 114mg; Sodium: 604mg; Carbohydrate: 11g; Dietary Fiber: 3g; Sugar: 2g; Protein: 42g

Nutrition Bonus: Potassium: 780mg; Iron: 14%; Vitamin A: 19%; Vitamin C: 126%; Calcium: 6%

----------------
Looks like potatoes are in the photo, but I'm not adding potatoes to my recipe.

Last edited by Orema; 07-08-2015 at 07:46 PM.
Orema is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Orema For This Useful Post:
Old 07-10-2015, 12:37 PM   #311
ahk
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Male
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 8,579 Times in 2,649 Posts
ahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputation

This is the first year for CSAs for us-- and lately we've been getting A LOT of kale. I only can make so much sausage/butternut/kale skillet til I just can't take it anymore and needed to figure some new ways of making this delicious green. I always enjoyed my mom's creamed spinach growing up, so I figured I'd attempt to make it paleo and with kale. Here is my attempt and it was awesome!!
  • 1.5 TBS of fat of choice (I used no-sugar bacon grease)
  • 2 medium clove garlic, minced
  • 2 medium sweet onion, chopped
  • 16 ounces kale leaves cut into bite sized pieces
  • ½ teaspoon kosher salt
  • ⅛ teaspoon ground black pepper
  • Pinch fresh grated nutmeg (to taste)
  • ¾ cup coconut milk (canned)
Instructions

PREP:

Begin by mincing garlic and chopping onion.
Next, clean and stem kale. Cut the kale leaves into bite sized pieces and set aside. Measure coconut milk and spices.

COOK:
  • Heat a large skillet over medium high heat. Once hot, add in fat of choice.
  • Add garlic and onion, sauté for 5 to 6 minutes, until softened.
  • Add kale, stir and cook for 2 to 3 minutes, until leaves begin to wilt.
  • Finally, add in salt, white pepper, nutmeg and coconut milk. Cook, stirring frequently, for an additional 4 to 5 minutes until kale is soft and coconut milk is thickened.
  • Taste, adjust seasoning if necessary

** I added a bit more coconut milk towards the end, stirred, tasted, seasoned again, stirred, placed the lid on, turned heat to low and let it come more together.

Do any of you do a CSA? Don't know what one is -- looky here.
ahk is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to ahk For This Useful Post:
Old 07-13-2015, 11:48 AM   #312
Jesse
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Transguy
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
single

1 Highscore

Chopped Salad with Shrimp and Curry Dressing Recipe

Servings SERVES: 4 - Preparation time: 25 min. - Cooking time: 4 min.
Ingredients:
1 lb raw shrimp, peeled and deveined
1 bunch purple kale, stems removed and chopped
6-8 leaves Napa cabbage, chopped
1 carrot, shredded
1 bell pepper, diced
1 avocado, peeled and diced
2 mangos, diced
2 green onions, thinly sliced
1⁄3 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
1 tbsp ghee or coconut oil
Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper

Ingredients for the coconut curry dressing:
1 cup full-fat coconut milk
Juice of 1 lime
1 1⁄2 tbsp coconut aminos
1 small garlic clove, minced
2 tsp curry powder
Pinch of cayenne pepper, or more to taste
Sea salt to taste

Preparation:

Whisk all of the ingredients for the dressing into a medium bowl.
Taste and adjust the seasoning if desired.
Place the dressing in the refrigerator while prepping the rest of the salad.

In a large salad bowl, combine the kale, cabbage, carrot, bell pepper, avocado, mango, green onion, and cilantro. Toss to mix well and set aside.

Heat a large skillet with the ghee or coconut oil over a medium-high heat.
Season the shrimp with salt and pepper and add shrimp to the skillet.
Cook 1.5 – 2 minutes on each side or until the shrimp are opaque in the center.
Place top shrimp on top of the salad, drizzle with the desired amount of dressing and serve.

Last edited by Jesse; 07-13-2015 at 11:49 AM. Reason: This is from www.paleoleap.com
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jesse For This Useful Post:
Old 07-14-2015, 08:32 AM   #313
Jesse
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Transguy
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
single

1 Highscore

Zucchini Pancakes

Serves 2
Ingredients:

2 cups grated zucchini
1/2 cup grated potato
1 egg
1 tablespoon chopped parsley
1 teaspoon lemon zest
1 pinch breadcrumbs
1 tablespoon unsalted butter
2 tablespoons sour cream or yogurt (optional)

Preparation:
Grate your zucchini and potato using the largest hole on your grater. Let stand in a colander for at least 30 minutes to drain. They will hold together better when you drain out maximum moisture. Salt generously. In a bowl, beat egg, chopped parsley, and lemon zest. Add pinch of salt and pepper to taste. Roll and squeeze zucchini/potato mixture in a towel to soak up moisture. Add pinch of bread crumbs to soak up any leftover wetness. Combine zucchini / potato mixture with egg mixture. Stir well and coat. Turn on oven to 200 and place cookie sheet with foil in there to keep your pancakes warm as you make them. Heat 13" skillet on medium high heat. Melt 1 tablespoon of butter. You can use olive oil if you prefer, but butter is delicious. When foam subsides, drop a spoonful of your pancake mixture in. You don't really need to form it in advance, but pat it with a spatula and try to flatten it out as much as possible -- it'll be more crispy that way. Cook 2 at a time until golden brown on each side, then place in oven to keep warm to make additional pancakes. Serve as soon as possible, with a dollop of sour cream or (drained greek style) yogurt on top for extra richness.

Note from Jesse: These are really good as a side dish with chicken or grilled shrimp. Be sure to follow draining instructions. What I do different:
1. Sweet potato in place of the regular potatoes.
2. Leave out the breadcrumbs.
3. I usually add 2 eggs instead of one and cook the pancakes in an iron skillet.
4. I also prefer the greek yogurt with a little cayenne pepper blended in.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Jesse For This Useful Post:
Old 07-14-2015, 07:47 PM   #314
Sweet Bliss

How Do You Identify?:
I Am
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
solo

Thanked 7,264 Times in 2,158 Posts
Sweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST Reputation

Found this yesterday Jesse. Thought you might like to try this?

http://www.afternoonrecipes.com/the-...3-ingredients/
Sweet Bliss is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Sweet Bliss For This Useful Post:
Old 08-07-2015, 09:18 AM   #315
clay
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch (Silver Fox) Dom Daddi
Preferred Pronoun?:
50 Shades of Clay Darker & Deeper
Relationship Status:
married to my forever

Thanked 31,688 Times in 7,716 Posts
clay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums
Default Making these today...will let you know how they turn out.....

NO BAKE Energy Bites
1 cup dry oatmeal
2/3 c. coconut flakes
1/2 c. peanut butter
1.2 c. ground flax seed
1/2 c. chocolate chips
1/3 c. honey
1 TBSP Chia seeds
1 tsp. vanilla extract

Mix all ingredients together and let set in fridge for a half hour.
Roll into small balls about 1 inch diameter
Store in airtight container, and enjoy along the way.

NOTE: One could use any number of other ingredients if wanted to. My honey doesn't like peanut butter, so I will use butterscotch chips in hers.
One could use peanut butter chips as opposed to the peanut butter.
Chopped nuts could also be used.

I just saw this posted on my FB, so have no clues about if it is indeed a quick energy bite. Just loved the recipe and options to alter it. Hoping it is sufficient to post this recipe here!!!
Old 08-07-2015, 12:31 PM   #316
clay
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
married to my forever

clay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

ETA: coconut "flakes" is same as shredded coconut......OP on FB used "flakes"....and I had gotten shredded coconut....do they make the flakes???
The No Bake orbs are delicious!!!
I substituted butterscotch chips for chocolate chips, and Nutella for Peanut Butter (my honey doesn't like peanut butter) and I added some chopped up walnuts & pecans.
My honey suggested maybe rolling the formed orbs in the chopped up nuts next time...just a thought.
Definitely a great snack...very filling...I ate just one, and it did give me an energy boost!!!
Old 08-07-2015, 12:40 PM   #317
ahk
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Male
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 8,579 Times in 2,649 Posts
ahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputation

Flakes of coconut are just larger --> here.

I'd wonder how much sugar/carbs are in those tasty little orbs of goodness.
ahk is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ahk For This Useful Post:
Old 08-07-2015, 01:00 PM   #318
clay
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
married to my forever

Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahk View Post
Flakes of coconut are just larger --> here.

I'd wonder how much sugar/carbs are in those tasty little orbs of goodness.
ahhh...ok...thanks...we used honey my partner's father makes, unsweetened coconut shreds,...not sure of other items contents for sugar/carbs....sorry if I posted in wrong thread...
Old 08-07-2015, 03:20 PM   #319
Jesse
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Transguy
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
single

1 Highscore

No worries, Clay. This recipe likely would fit better on the vegetarian thread though because Low carb or Paleo eating plans do not include some of the items in the recipe, even though it does sound good. If you want unsweetened coconut you can buy it online or at your health food store. The stuff carried by most grocery stores has sugar added, same with dried fruit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by clay View Post
ahhh...ok...thanks...we used honey my partner's father makes, unsweetened coconut shreds,...not sure of other items contents for sugar/carbs....sorry if I posted in wrong thread...
The Following User Says Thank You to Jesse For This Useful Post:
Old 08-09-2015, 10:23 AM   #320
Miss Scarlett
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Relationship Status:

Thanked 12,949 Times in 3,419 Posts
Miss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST Reputation

Found some of my favorite, most used items at great prices:

Unsweetened Organic Shredded Coconut at WalMart for about $2/bag

Organic Virgin Coconut Oil at Aldi for about $6/jar

Almond flour at Aldi for about $7/bag

Miss Scarlett is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
carbs, healthy fats, high protein, low carbs, paleo