How Do You Identify?:
High Femme Ma'am
Preferred Pronoun?:
Ma'am
Relationship Status:
widowed - involved, poly

14 Highscores

Thanked 27,161 Times in 5,131 Posts
GeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST Reputation

my hair dresser: Is the same one I have had for 30-something years. We're the same age, so I'm hoping he outlasts me. He makes me gorgeous.

my plumber: Still searching for The One.

my physician: I've been with her for about 20 years and she is awesome.
She's younger than me, so I've got high hopes.

my financial advisor: Younger than me by a good 10 years. He'll do.

my therapist: He's rapidly approaching retirement age. I don't know what I'm going to do without him - except hope he has someone he can refer me to.

Overall: I didn't expect to get this sick, this young. On the other hand, I didn't expect to get this old. I always vaguely suspected I would do something stupid that would end in my demise at a fairly early age. Now I'm older and wiser, and will likely die of some illness. I just hope it isn't awful.

It's been so lonely without you here
Like a bird without a song
Nothing can stop these lonely tears from falling . . .
'Cause nothing compares, nothing compares 2 U

- Prince
GeorgiaMa'am is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to GeorgiaMa'am For This Useful Post:
Old 07-17-2023, 05:27 AM   #22
Stone-Butch

How Do You Identify?:
Stonebutch
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 8,469 Times in 2,635 Posts
Stone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST Reputation
Default Growing Older

Growing older certainly is no fun. If you don't fall ill with something life threatening then falling and getting seriously injured is next on the agenda. Last but not least you are in an accident and that my friends is no fun. A moving truck took the passenger side of my van almost totally off while I was parked and he decieded to back up on a one way hill. I myself was not in the van, I was behind it unloading things. Well I will say no more . I have been home recouping since the ambulance took me at the end of May and am getting daily massage and leg exercises done at home with a therapist four days a week. I am hoping my back improves but it does not seem likely.
SO old age is hard to take and hard to look after so if you are young, do it. Look after YOU. Enjoy life as you are able and as my dear sweee mother use to say, If you have a chance to sit it out or dance DANCE. She loved that song.
Stone-Butch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Stone-Butch For This Useful Post:
Old 12-31-2023, 06:42 AM   #23
Blade
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
TG
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
once in a while someone amazing comes along...and here I am!

Thanked 14,400 Times in 4,049 Posts
Blade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST Reputation

One of the things I have a hurdle with as I have aged, especially the last few years is inability to or needing help doing things that were once simple. I think some of this is due to my knee situation at this point.

Things I had planned to do in retirement I can no longer do or have trouble doing. I can't bend or stoop for periods of time. I can't get on the floor or ground. I fell last Saturday so I found out I can get up off the ground. I had planned to supplement my income working on small engines and doing a little woodworking and some cheap yard care for the elderly.

So unless some things change for me physically I will have to devise a new plan onwhat to do for fun as I age. But it's all good, I'll figure it out

The best way to predict the future, is to create it.
Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Blade For This Useful Post:
Old 12-31-2023, 08:26 AM   #24
Chancie

How Do You Identify?:
queer femme-inist
Relationship Status:
I'm lucky.

1 Highscore

Thanked 14,354 Times in 2,670 Posts
Chancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST Reputation
Arrow no advice, please

I was glad to see this thread pop up this morning.

In June 2022, I retired from teaching math and robotics at a public high school. My poor old body got too ache-y, and the long term social emotional effects of Covid made my job too hard.

I have bad arthritis in my feet, and I don’t know what is wrong with my knees, but I’ve been taking good care of my Type II diabetes by tracking my food, checking my blood glucose level, and going to water aerobics a few times a week.

I never really cared about looking older, but lately, I feel like I need to use more moisturizer. I always had my hair colored, but I’m wearing more makeup.
Chancie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Chancie For This Useful Post:
Old 12-31-2023, 06:04 PM   #25
Soft*Silver
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 15,619 Times in 3,976 Posts
Soft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST Reputation

I just said today that 2023 has been teaching me to accept my new normal. The aging process has brought about changes that I stubbornly try to ignore or deny. But this year I have slowly begun to conform to them.
My sister is eight years old older than I am, but she has aged harder. She falls often and painfully. I have fallen a few times, but only because I was active doing things like chasing chickens and got my legs tangled up in the chick fence. She falls Standing at the refrigerator. I think it might be harder on me to watch her age than it is to watch me age…

I have really pretty white curly hair now. I keep it long but wrapped up in a bun. I use less make up now, and lighter colors. I just bought my first container of wrinkle cream! And I’m more attentive to my skin care process. I’ve noticed that I have dryer skin than ever before in my life.

I actually think I am beautiful now. I never thought much of my looks except that I was plain or average looking. But as I aged, I have come into my Beauty.

Sometimes when I’m shopping, I’ll see blouse or a sweater that I think is adorable and then I realize that it’s too young of a fashion for me. Is there such a thing? Well personally for me there is.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Soft*Silver For This Useful Post:
Old 12-31-2023, 08:15 PM   #26
GeorgiaMa'am
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
High Femme Ma'am
Preferred Pronoun?:
Ma'am
Relationship Status:
widowed - involved, poly

14 Highscores

GeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST Reputation

My skin has definitely gotten dryer. For the skin on my face, I can use Retin-A and Aveeno moisturizer - but, I have gotten too lazy to do so. For the skin on my feet and hands, I think this dryness may be due to chemo, because I have numbness in both areas. I use Curel for these areas, but nothing really seems to help. I'm considering trying Vaseline nightly.

I have changed my makeup over time as I grew older, to both keep up with fashion and to adjust to my skin changes. I think what I'm doing is okay for now, but honestly, I hardly ever wear makeup any more.

As far as clothing goes, there are some styles that are too young for me, but not really many. Mostly, there are clothes that are not complementary for my body type, and I have always had that problem.

My worst aging problem is my arthritis, which I have in my lower back and my knees. Voltaren (diclofenac 1%) helps, but not enough to help me get up and down the stairs daily. I have to carefully plan when I'm going to leave the house, and I need a helper at home almost all the time.

- Prince
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to GeorgiaMa'am For This Useful Post:
Old 01-02-2024, 02:54 PM   #27
clay
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch (Silver Fox) Dom Daddi
Preferred Pronoun?:
50 Shades of Clay Darker & Deeper
Relationship Status:
married to my forever

Thanked 31,688 Times in 7,716 Posts
clay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgiaMa'am View Post
My skin has definitely gotten dryer. For the skin on my face, I can use Retin-A and Aveeno moisturizer - but, I have gotten too lazy to do so. For the skin on my feet and hands, I think this dryness may be due to chemo, because I have numbness in both areas. I use Curel for these areas, but nothing really seems to help. I'm considering trying Vaseline nightly.
Hey GM......my nurse practitioner told me to use Aquaphor for my old skin...lol. It IS expensive....$22 a bottle but maybe you can try that!
Old 01-04-2024, 12:44 AM   #28
Stone-Butch

How Do You Identify?:
Stonebutch
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 8,469 Times in 2,635 Posts
Stone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST Reputation
Default Growing Older

As years go by I try less and less to understand young people.
Stone-Butch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Stone-Butch For This Useful Post:
Old 01-04-2024, 04:34 AM   #29
Mel C.
Long-time Member

How Do You Identify?:
WIB - woman identified butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Your choice...not really a button for me
Relationship Status:
♡ married 1/1/2019♡

Thanked 6,840 Times in 1,621 Posts
Mel C. Has the BEST ReputationMel C. Has the BEST ReputationMel C. Has the BEST ReputationMel C. Has the BEST ReputationMel C. Has the BEST ReputationMel C. Has the BEST ReputationMel C. Has the BEST ReputationMel C. Has the BEST ReputationMel C. Has the BEST ReputationMel C. Has the BEST ReputationMel C. Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by clay View Post
Hey GM......my nurse practitioner told me to use Aquaphor for my old skin...lol. It IS expensive....$22 a bottle but maybe you can try that!
My podiatrist pointed out my dry skin on feet and recommended Aquaphor as well.
Mel C. is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Mel C. For This Useful Post:
Old 01-05-2024, 06:14 PM   #30
GeorgiaMa'am
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
High Femme Ma'am
Preferred Pronoun?:
Ma'am
Relationship Status:
widowed - involved, poly

14 Highscores

I saw the kidney doctor today to see if I could get an explanation for why I've had these two stays in the hospital with my creatinine levels shooting sky high. Turns out I probably have type 4 kidney disease, or maybe type 3, which is about 2 steps away from dialysis. So, no more NSAIDs, lower salt and less protein. I can have Tylenol for pain, and Imitrex for migraines, and topical Voltaren for my knees and that's it. I won't be doing much walking or leaving the house, as far as I can see. If I had known all those years of daily ibuprofen and BC powders would lead to this, I might have taken it easier. But what else could I have done? Not go to work? Not live my life? Guess I'll be paying for that now.

- Prince
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to GeorgiaMa'am For This Useful Post:
Old 01-05-2024, 08:59 PM   #31
Femmewench

How Do You Identify?:
Casual Femme Saphiosexual
Preferred Pronoun?:
she, her
Relationship Status:
Divorced

Thanked 1,277 Times in 331 Posts
Femmewench Has the BEST ReputationFemmewench Has the BEST ReputationFemmewench Has the BEST ReputationFemmewench Has the BEST ReputationFemmewench Has the BEST ReputationFemmewench Has the BEST ReputationFemmewench Has the BEST ReputationFemmewench Has the BEST ReputationFemmewench Has the BEST ReputationFemmewench Has the BEST ReputationFemmewench Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
I saw the kidney doctor today... I won't be doing much walking or leaving the house, as far as I can see.
I've known for a long time that without resolution of bilateral knee and hip pain for my spouse that a mobility scooter is in our future. There are now many types of car carriers for scooters. I don't know if this is an option; if so it can help you maintain your independence outside your home and inside as well depending on the device. The cost of the scooters at least has gone down significantly.
Old 01-06-2024, 10:57 AM   #32
Blade
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
TG
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
once in a while someone amazing comes along...and here I am!

Thanked 14,400 Times in 4,049 Posts
Blade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
I saw the kidney doctor today to see if I could get an explanation for why I've had these two stays in the hospital with my creatinine levels shooting sky high. Turns out I probably have type 4 kidney disease, or maybe type 3, which is about 2 steps away from dialysis. So, no more NSAIDs, lower salt and less protein. I can have Tylenol for pain, and Imitrex for migraines, and topical Voltaren for my knees and that's it. I won't be doing much walking or leaving the house, as far as I can see. If I had known all those years of daily ibuprofen and BC powders would lead to this, I might have taken it easier. But what else could I have done? Not go to work? Not live my life? Guess I'll be paying for that now.
My Mom is stage 4 kidney failure and she has been instructed to stay away from green foods..think collards, salads, spinach you get the idea. If you haven't yet, speak with a nutritionist

The best way to predict the future, is to create it.
Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Blade For This Useful Post:
Old 01-06-2024, 11:05 AM   #33
clay
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch (Silver Fox) Dom Daddi
Preferred Pronoun?:
50 Shades of Clay Darker & Deeper
Relationship Status:
married to my forever

Thanked 31,688 Times in 7,716 Posts
clay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Hey Georgia Ma'am.....I have CKD Stage 3a.....because of those high dose steroids I was on for 7 months. I am hoping mine resolves now I am OFF prednisone, as of 3 weeks ago, after taking for 13 months. Google foods to eat for this CKD.

AS you saw, I, too use a scooter. I have had every kind of lift you can imagine. The BEST place to get one is a dealership that sells them. They often have one, used, but in good shape. The shafts can be cracked or twisted but one wouldn't know, buying from private seller. Also, you may have one already?? The BEST recommendation I can offer is one that goes inside your vehicle.....for many reasons, is out of weather (has electric controls", will stay lubricated much longer, and so on. Harmar, Bruno are both reputable lifts. Buying privately can be misleading......happened to me.....seller told me was a lift for outside my truck. Paid $$ to have installed by someone, BUT they didn't know what was what...should HAVE known it was NOT for outside......motherboard got wet, went south.....replacement was going to be $1000.
Anyway, there are so many options for you to get outdoors. Research if you decide to go that route.

AND don't beat yourself up over use of BC powders. It is a southern cultural thing. I used to consume Goody's like crazy....always had those multi sleeve packs on hand...into coke it went..lol. They are VERY rough/caustic on esophagus and tummy.

Not trying to overstep boundaries here, but to be supportive of you! You know I love you, D!! xoxo
Old 01-06-2024, 02:17 PM   #34
GeorgiaMa'am
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
High Femme Ma'am
Preferred Pronoun?:
Ma'am
Relationship Status:
widowed - involved, poly

14 Highscores

Thanks everyone for the advice. I think there is a scooter in my future too. Good to know about all the ins and outs. Also I have noticed I have trouble digesting green foods. Will definitely seek out a nutritionist.

- Prince
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to GeorgiaMa'am For This Useful Post: