Notices

Old 07-13-2022, 09:22 PM   #1881
Kenna

How Do You Identify?:
Fiery, Sassy, Tough As Nails, Femme Tomboy
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
I am your favorite hello and hardest goodbye.

Thanked 12,108 Times in 3,757 Posts
Kenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST Reputation

The new 3 month old pup is learning I won't allow her in the kitchen. She's very smart! She has already learned Sit, Lay down, Paw, Dance, Over (step over a hurdle), Come Get It (crawl on her belly), Mat (which means sit on her little mat/towel that I use as "her spot" for training), and how to climb the front steps she was previously terrified of. She's going to make a great nursing home dog.

My other middle aged furbaby is not amused. She's quite the snob.
Kenna is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kenna For This Useful Post:
Old 07-14-2022, 06:46 PM   #1882
Kenna

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:

Kenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST Reputation

My poor 5 year old furbaby got very sick starting at 5am. I got her to the vet where she got sick again. After $300 she's at home resting. Poor baby girl had a hard day.
Old 07-17-2022, 09:48 PM   #1883
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,771 Times in 25,659 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Loki was relentless until I gave him some lettuce. He loves it. Gracie has been persistent about scenting my sliding keyboard tray today. No, this is not an everyday thing for her.

Why, yes...I do have strange cats.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 07-18-2022, 04:30 PM   #1884
Reach *BANNED*
Timed Out - Permanent

How Do You Identify?:
Scammer.
Preferred Pronoun?:
Hy
Relationship Status:
Moratorium

Thanked 3,275 Times in 1,018 Posts
Reach *BANNED* Has the BEST ReputationReach *BANNED* Has the BEST ReputationReach *BANNED* Has the BEST ReputationReach *BANNED* Has the BEST ReputationReach *BANNED* Has the BEST ReputationReach *BANNED* Has the BEST ReputationReach *BANNED* Has the BEST ReputationReach *BANNED* Has the BEST ReputationReach *BANNED* Has the BEST ReputationReach *BANNED* Has the BEST ReputationReach *BANNED* Has the BEST Reputation

Well.. it appears that I have 2 sick cats. One appears to have a UTI so I have made an appointment to take him in to have that confirmed. The other has been throwing up. However, upon checking with My sister (who I got the second cat from) apparently this is a "norm" for him .. as he tends to have a nervous tummy of sorts. This might be true - but to be on the safe side I am going to take him in when I take My other cat in - and have him checked out just to be sure.

I will also say - neither of these "issues" stops either of them from being the crazy - running at full tilt - I want my snacks when I want them - cats that they are!

I love them to death - crazy critters!
Reach *BANNED* is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Reach *BANNED* For This Useful Post:
Old 09-19-2022, 09:43 AM   #1885
Kenna

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:

They are all sleeping and snoring after their breakfast. They are worn out from yesterday's travels and Saturday's wonderful day at Maggie Valley VW show.
Old 09-21-2022, 03:50 PM   #1886
FireSignFemme

How Do You Identify?:
N/A

3 Highscores

Thanked 10,500 Times in 3,158 Posts
FireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST Reputation

FireSignFemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to FireSignFemme For This Useful Post:
Old 11-09-2022, 07:31 PM   #1887
GeorgiaMa'am
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
High Femme Ma'am
Preferred Pronoun?:
Ma'am
Relationship Status:
widowed - involved, poly

14 Highscores

Thanked 27,169 Times in 5,134 Posts
GeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST Reputation

Found out today that Brittany has a parasite, giardia. Worse, it can be transferred to people. Dealing with it is going to be a whole big thing - meds for 7 or 10 days (I forget which), during and after which everything has to be cleaned, Covid-style, including the area of the yard where she poops. Constant handwashing. I can't bear to crate her for that long, so I'm limiting her to her crate, the kitchen, and the hallway in between. I have plenty of baby gates, so no problem there. I'm going to put antiseptic wipes in every room.

Poor sick baby. I can't believe the shelter gave her to me in this shape. Well, maybe I can.

It's been so lonely without you here
Like a bird without a song
Nothing can stop these lonely tears from falling . . .
'Cause nothing compares, nothing compares 2 U

- Prince
GeorgiaMa'am is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to GeorgiaMa'am For This Useful Post:
Old 11-09-2022, 08:32 PM   #1888
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgiaMa'am View Post
Found out today that Brittany has a parasite, giardia. Worse, it can be transferred to people. Dealing with it is going to be a whole big thing - meds for 7 or 10 days (I forget which), during and after which everything has to be cleaned, Covid-style, including the area of the yard where she poops. Constant handwashing. I can't bear to crate her for that long, so I'm limiting her to her crate, the kitchen, and the hallway in between. I have plenty of baby gates, so no problem there. I'm going to put antiseptic wipes in every room.

Poor sick baby. I can't believe the shelter gave her to me in this shape. Well, maybe I can.
Oliver, a cat I adopted a few years ago, was given to me with a severe inner ear infection and cancer in multiple organs. I hope your baby gets better soon and you do not get sick.

I'm misunderestimated.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 11-09-2022, 09:53 PM   #1889
GeorgiaMa'am
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
High Femme Ma'am
Preferred Pronoun?:
Ma'am
Relationship Status:
widowed - involved, poly

14 Highscores

GeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemme View Post
Oliver, a cat I adopted a few years ago, was given to me with a severe inner ear infection and cancer in multiple organs. I hope your baby gets better soon and you do not get sick.
I remember your ordeal with Oliver. It was heartbreaking. Thanks for your good wishes, I'm going to do my best to make sure everyone around here stays/gets well.

- Prince
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to GeorgiaMa'am For This Useful Post:
Old 11-11-2022, 12:52 AM   #1890
GeorgiaMa'am
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
High Femme Ma'am
Preferred Pronoun?:
Ma'am
Relationship Status:
widowed - involved, poly

14 Highscores

I stood outside in the rain from 11 p.m. to midnight, waiting for Brittany to poop. (She has to go in a different area of the yard now that she's taking this medication for giardia.) She kept refusing and trying to head in the direction where she usually goes. But I was determined to win!

I lost.

She is now locked in the kitchen, which will be easier for me to clean up than her crate if she has an accident. I'll go downstairs in about an hour and try taking her out again.

- Prince
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to GeorgiaMa'am For This Useful Post:
Old 11-11-2022, 08:53 PM   #1891
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

They apparently raised some Hell because the smaller cat tree was knocked over on the ground when I came home from work.

I'm misunderestimated.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 11-17-2022, 09:03 PM   #1892
GeorgiaMa'am
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
High Femme Ma'am
Preferred Pronoun?:
Ma'am
Relationship Status:
widowed - involved, poly

14 Highscores

Brittany is all tuckered out after shredding a paper plate and a handful of paper towels.

- Prince
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to GeorgiaMa'am For This Useful Post:
Old 12-20-2022, 04:13 PM   #1893
GeorgiaMa'am
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
High Femme Ma'am
Preferred Pronoun?:
Ma'am
Relationship Status:
widowed - involved, poly

14 Highscores

Poor Brittany is recuperating after her first heartworm injection of arsenic. She's moaning and groaning like she feels terrible - and I'm sure she does. It was a deep injection in her hip muscle. They gave me some pills for her pain, but they don't seem to have kicked in yet. And unfortunately, she has to go through it all over again tomorrow.

She won't take treats, so I had to pill her the old fashioned way. She was a trooper about that, though, I've never had such an easy time pilling a dog.

They assured me at the vet that she will be fine. I really, really hope so.

- Prince
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to GeorgiaMa'am For This Useful Post:
Old 12-21-2022, 01:35 PM   #1894
Soft*Silver
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 15,621 Times in 3,976 Posts
Soft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST Reputation

I love this time of year with my Moondoggy. My little granddaughters were over today and we’re sitting on the couch. Moon went and laid on the floor right in between the two of them and kept nudging their toes so that they would rub her with their feet. She loves those girls so much, and they love her equally back! It was such a wistful moment.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Soft*Silver For This Useful Post:
Old 12-21-2022, 04:47 PM   #1895
GeorgiaMa'am
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
High Femme Ma'am
Preferred Pronoun?:
Ma'am
Relationship Status:
widowed - involved, poly

14 Highscores

Quote:
Poor Brittany is recuperating after her first heartworm injection of arsenic. She's moaning and groaning like she feels terrible - and I'm sure she does. It was a deep injection in her hip muscle. They gave me some pills for her pain, but they don't seem to have kicked in yet. And unfortunately, she has to go through it all over again tomorrow.

She won't take treats, so I had to pill her the old fashioned way. She was a trooper about that, though, I've never had such an easy time pilling a dog.

They assured me at the vet that she will be fine. I really, really hope so.
Brittany got her 2nd injection in her other hip today. I was afraid she was going to be reluctant about getting in the car, but she jumped right in.

This morning, before her trip to the vet, she seemed pretty fine. She ate and pottied as usual, and seemed happy. But now she is moaning and groaning again, although not as loudly as yesterday. I guess because she already had three doses of pain medication in her she was a little more prepared for today's shot.

Poor thing, she's tearing my heart out.

- Prince
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GeorgiaMa'am For This Useful Post:
Old 01-01-2023, 10:50 PM   #1896
GeorgiaMa'am
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
High Femme Ma'am
Preferred Pronoun?:
Ma'am
Relationship Status:
widowed - involved, poly

14 Highscores

Brittany ate well, as usual.

Which leads to what I did today, actually. I'm looking for a good dog food for her which is grain free, or at least only has a little grain, high in protein, all the required vitamins and minerals, etc. Pedigree just isn't going to cut it. Blue Buffalo apparently has had lots of law suits because their dog food isn't all they say it is. I found a freeze dried one that is perfect, Dr. Something's, but it's way too expensive. Brittany weighs almost 60 lbs. and eats about 4 cups of dog food a day, and I just can't afford almost $100 for about 7 pounds of food. (I admit, I got an incredible one time deal on it, so I did get it and I've been using it to supplement the bag of Pedigree I bought her. But I can't afford the regular price.)

I found one called Taste of the Wild. It's grain free, made in the USA, and seems to meet most of my wishlist. But I've never heard of it before. Has anyone here ever tried it?

Or do you have anything else you'd recommend?

- Prince
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GeorgiaMa'am For This Useful Post:
Old 01-02-2023, 06:44 AM   #1897
Bèsame*
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femm
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
☀️☀️☀️

Thanked 39,544 Times in 10,211 Posts
Bèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST Reputation

After being on the lamb for 4 days, I finially caught new kitty, Holly. It was raining all day Saturday and wherever she was hiding, there was no food. It was easy to coax her out with food yesterday.
She will loose that runaway feeling when she gets fixed next week!

My Jellybean so wants to be her friend. They are getting closer but the hissing is still happening. Patience.

A kiss is a whisper in your mouth.
Can I borrow a kiss? I promise to give it back.
Bèsame* is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Bèsame* For This Useful Post:
Old 01-02-2023, 03:28 PM   #1898
Vincent

How Do You Identify?:
Transman
Preferred Pronoun?:
Him,he
Relationship Status:
just me

Vincent Has the BEST ReputationVincent Has the BEST ReputationVincent Has the BEST ReputationVincent Has the BEST ReputationVincent Has the BEST ReputationVincent Has the BEST ReputationVincent Has the BEST ReputationVincent Has the BEST ReputationVincent Has the BEST ReputationVincent Has the BEST ReputationVincent Has the BEST Reputation
Default mine helped with my first home recording LOL

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kGUgCd7U8x4

cover of Eric Churches-Mixed drinks and feelings
oh fearturing Charli 9 mths old
If Not Now-When
If Not Here-Where
Vincent is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Vincent For This Useful Post:
Old 01-03-2023, 12:05 AM   #1899
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Quote:
Brittany ate well, as usual.

Which leads to what I did today, actually. I'm looking for a good dog food for her which is grain free, or at least only has a little grain, high in protein, all the required vitamins and minerals, etc. Pedigree just isn't going to cut it. Blue Buffalo apparently has had lots of law suits because their dog food isn't all they say it is. I found a freeze dried one that is perfect, Dr. Something's, but it's way too expensive. Brittany weighs almost 60 lbs. and eats about 4 cups of dog food a day, and I just can't afford almost $100 for about 7 pounds of food. (I admit, I got an incredible one time deal on it, so I did get it and I've been using it to supplement the bag of Pedigree I bought her. But I can't afford the regular price.)

I found one called Taste of the Wild. It's grain free, made in the USA, and seems to meet most of my wishlist. But I've never heard of it before. Has anyone here ever tried it?

Or do you have anything else you'd recommend?
Is it Dr. Marty's that you got that's so damn expensive? I tried that too when I found a great sale on it and the cats looooved it but, as you mentioned, it's hella wicked expensive.

I haven't used Taste of the Wild but the reviews on Chewy.com are really positive. It can't hurt to try it as long as it's worked into her current feeding routine gradually. No upset tummies!

Earlier, Gracie caught a case of the zoomies and Loki is doing his ninja impersonation on the back of the sofa (he's the same color as the sofa when the room has low lighting and is spread flat as a pancake across the top).

I'm misunderestimated.
The Following User Says Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 01-03-2023, 12:16 AM   #1900
GeorgiaMa'am
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
High Femme Ma'am
Preferred Pronoun?:
Ma'am
Relationship Status:
widowed - involved, poly

14 Highscores

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincent View Post
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kGUgCd7U8x4

cover of Eric Churches-Mixed drinks and feelings
oh fearturing Charli 9 mths old
*applause!*

- Prince
The Following User Says Thank You to GeorgiaMa'am For This Useful Post:

Tags
animals, pets