How Do You Identify?:
The Gardner
Preferred Pronoun?:
Ummmm
Relationship Status:
Nah

23 Highscores

Thanked 3,889 Times in 1,154 Posts
MrSunshine Has the BEST ReputationMrSunshine Has the BEST ReputationMrSunshine Has the BEST ReputationMrSunshine Has the BEST ReputationMrSunshine Has the BEST ReputationMrSunshine Has the BEST ReputationMrSunshine Has the BEST ReputationMrSunshine Has the BEST ReputationMrSunshine Has the BEST ReputationMrSunshine Has the BEST ReputationMrSunshine Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cajun_dee View Post
Are you ticklish or just don't like your feet touched? There are over 7,000 nerve endings in each foot so it is a highly sensitive place.
I can't stand to have my feet touched. It's been this way since I was very little. I remember my mom having to take me to the floor and hold my leg in the scissors hold just to clip my toenails. I'd flop around like a fish out if water until I was exhausted. I'm surprised she never put me in a full Nelson. LoL
MrSunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MrSunshine For This Useful Post:
Old 04-27-2012, 01:16 PM   #22
tara_kerrie

How Do You Identify?:
Whatever you want to call us
Preferred Pronoun?:
Her, she,
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 1,366 Times in 441 Posts
tara_kerrie Has the BEST Reputationtara_kerrie Has the BEST Reputationtara_kerrie Has the BEST Reputationtara_kerrie Has the BEST Reputationtara_kerrie Has the BEST Reputationtara_kerrie Has the BEST Reputationtara_kerrie Has the BEST Reputationtara_kerrie Has the BEST Reputationtara_kerrie Has the BEST Reputationtara_kerrie Has the BEST Reputationtara_kerrie Has the BEST Reputation

[QUOTE=Toughy;573671]you know I get you are trying to be funny, but it's not funny to me......

Guys get crap about being 'butch enough' all the time and personal hygiene stuff is one of those places it happens. Hair products and lotions fit in this category also

I agree Toughy. I hate when people say I am not 'butch enough' because I love getting pedi's.
tara_kerrie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to tara_kerrie For This Useful Post:
Old 04-27-2012, 01:30 PM   #23
MsMerrick

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Feminist Femme....
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Single and Singular....

MsMerrick Has the BEST ReputationMsMerrick Has the BEST ReputationMsMerrick Has the BEST ReputationMsMerrick Has the BEST ReputationMsMerrick Has the BEST ReputationMsMerrick Has the BEST ReputationMsMerrick Has the BEST ReputationMsMerrick Has the BEST ReputationMsMerrick Has the BEST ReputationMsMerrick Has the BEST ReputationMsMerrick Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by OS Butch View Post
Dang...I saw this in the Butch Zone and thought it was gonna be about tools!
If you all don't know your hands are "tools" Then what can I add but.. You are missing out !
MsMerrick is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to MsMerrick For This Useful Post:
Old 04-27-2012, 01:34 PM   #24
tara_kerrie

How Do You Identify?:
Whatever you want to call us
Preferred Pronoun?:
Her, she,
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 1,366 Times in 441 Posts
tara_kerrie Has the BEST Reputationtara_kerrie Has the BEST Reputationtara_kerrie Has the BEST Reputationtara_kerrie Has the BEST Reputationtara_kerrie Has the BEST Reputationtara_kerrie Has the BEST Reputationtara_kerrie Has the BEST Reputationtara_kerrie Has the BEST Reputationtara_kerrie Has the BEST Reputationtara_kerrie Has the BEST Reputationtara_kerrie Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsMerrick View Post
If you all don't know your hands are "tools" Then what can I add but.. You are missing out !
I know my hands are tools.
tara_kerrie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to tara_kerrie For This Useful Post:
Old 04-27-2012, 01:36 PM   #25
MsMerrick

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Feminist Femme....
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Single and Singular....

MsMerrick Has the BEST ReputationMsMerrick Has the BEST ReputationMsMerrick Has the BEST ReputationMsMerrick Has the BEST ReputationMsMerrick Has the BEST ReputationMsMerrick Has the BEST ReputationMsMerrick Has the BEST ReputationMsMerrick Has the BEST ReputationMsMerrick Has the BEST ReputationMsMerrick Has the BEST ReputationMsMerrick Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toughy View Post
I am starting to have trouble with split nails. They are also getting brittle and have ridges/lines running the length of the nail (both hand and toe). Are there products that will help with these problems? And I don't want stuff like clear nail polish that will make my nails all shiny....yuk
I take magnesium and calcium, in a Greens base ( available at TJ's ) , and have for years.. I suspect that's why my nails are so strong
There's lots of stuff for your cuticles, olive oil being one of them, not sure about the brittle nails part, except vitamins etc.. I suspect internal things are what help that ...
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to MsMerrick For This Useful Post:
Old 04-27-2012, 01:37 PM   #26
starryeyes

How Do You Identify?:
a round peg in a square hole
Preferred Pronoun?:
Guess...
Relationship Status:
Seat taken

Thanked 10,057 Times in 2,078 Posts
starryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputation

I also am a dyke and my hands have many uses when it comes to sex. No one wants someone with dirty raggedity nails to get near the bits/stuff/nether regions/_______.

Can I get an AMEN up in here!?

Starry
starryeyes is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to starryeyes For This Useful Post:
Old 04-27-2012, 01:41 PM   #27
Rockinonahigh

How Do You Identify?:
stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
makes no diffrence,I know who I am.
Relationship Status:
single,maybe looking if the right person comes along.

Thanked 14,937 Times in 3,936 Posts
Rockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medusa View Post
Hoof cream from feed stores works wonders
I used this stuff for years on my horses feet,I always got it on my hands cause I rubed in on the hoof and hair line with my hands insted of useing a sponge or paint brush,it still works really good on hands and feet.Me being diabetic I take realy good care of my hands a feet.
Rockinonahigh is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Rockinonahigh For This Useful Post:
Old 04-27-2012, 02:16 PM   #28
Apocalipstic
Pink Confection

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her, Ma'am
Relationship Status:
Dating Myself

Thanked 11,383 Times in 2,840 Posts
Apocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by starryeyes View Post
I also am a dyke and my hands have many uses when it comes to sex. No one wants someone with dirty raggedity nails to get near the bits/stuff/nether regions/_______.

Can I get an AMEN up in here!?
Amen mah Sister!
Old 04-27-2012, 09:36 PM   #29
Toughy

How Do You Identify?:
pervert butch feminist woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
see above
Relationship Status:
independent entity

Thanked 7,656 Times in 1,522 Posts
Toughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medusa View Post
I can't wait to get Jackhammer in here!

so where is Jack.......I know she takes care of her nails being the old school butch she is
I will not assimilate

Toughy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Toughy For This Useful Post:
Old 04-27-2012, 09:58 PM   #30
Abigail Crabby

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Princess
Relationship Status:
Single, but sociable

Thanked 9,667 Times in 2,484 Posts
Abigail Crabby Has the BEST ReputationAbigail Crabby Has the BEST ReputationAbigail Crabby Has the BEST ReputationAbigail Crabby Has the BEST ReputationAbigail Crabby Has the BEST ReputationAbigail Crabby Has the BEST ReputationAbigail Crabby Has the BEST ReputationAbigail Crabby Has the BEST ReputationAbigail Crabby Has the BEST ReputationAbigail Crabby Has the BEST ReputationAbigail Crabby Has the BEST Reputation

There's nothing Unbutch about a butch getting a mani/pedi

I think someone who cares enough about their appearence to do this is
AOK in my book.

I know Da Schmooze wouldn't mind my saying he gets both - no nail polish please lol but I love that he likes taking care of himself. In fact when he was here for Christmas we found the most deeliteful salon with the best pedicures ever.

I am diabetic and very careful who touches my feet - autoclave a must and this salon has tools individually wrapped after autoclaving before they touch anyone's feet. No razor blades near my feet please.

Now for me I want to go to Virginia and have the fish pedicure -you can google it - it's on my bucket list for the summer.

Whether you do it yourself, or give in to the luxury of someone else giving you great hands and feet - I say Rave on Butches and Femmes

Turns whatever happens to you into a positive...
Abigail Crabby is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Abigail Crabby For This Useful Post:
Old 04-28-2012, 01:44 AM   #31
AtLast
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
HER - SHE
Relationship Status:
Relating

Thanked 10,830 Times in 3,200 Posts
AtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
I take magnesium and calcium, in a Greens base ( available at TJ's ) , and have for years.. I suspect that's why my nails are so strong
There's lots of stuff for your cuticles, olive oil being one of them, not sure about the brittle nails part, except vitamins etc.. I suspect internal things are what help that ...
I just have very strong and thick nails- hands & feet. When I go to my foot doc. he clips my toe nails with bone cutters! Truth!

It seems to me that often, hands and forearms are favorites about butches via femmes- so doesn't it make sense for us to take care of our fingernails? A mani and pedi feel great and look great and of course butches do both! At least this one does.
AtLast is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to AtLast For This Useful Post:
Old 04-28-2012, 01:58 AM   #32
pinkgeek

How Do You Identify?:
that grrl
Preferred Pronoun?:
she, her, grrl, piranha, monkey
Relationship Status:
captured....

Thanked 1,456 Times in 311 Posts
pinkgeek Has the BEST Reputationpinkgeek Has the BEST Reputationpinkgeek Has the BEST Reputationpinkgeek Has the BEST Reputationpinkgeek Has the BEST Reputationpinkgeek Has the BEST Reputationpinkgeek Has the BEST Reputationpinkgeek Has the BEST Reputationpinkgeek Has the BEST Reputationpinkgeek Has the BEST Reputationpinkgeek Has the BEST Reputation
Default Castro Nail Salons

Quote:
Originally Posted by vixenagogo View Post
Toughy...

there are many places in the castro. the one i go to is right next to the castro theatre (the castro nail salon). it is very clean (they use an autoclave). in addition to cleanliness, they are very skilled and professional (using the most up to date equipment.)they have a mani/pedi special from 10am-2pm for $29.

Castro Nail Salon doesn't autoclave they use UV which if it's over a long enough period is an acceptable method of killing most microbes and fungus. Autoclave set at over 115-130 degrees (depending on the wrap) is always the safest bet. They do like to cut the cuticles which I never let them do. They have the whirl pool tubs and they clean the traps, and cycle the tubs with a disinfectant that I didn't investigate too closely.

HandJob is further up the Castro. Slightly more expensive and they use basins which I prefer.

"I‘m heir to madness. Vessel of perversion. Your nightmare should you cross me."

((Want to read about my life in Hawaii and my ongoing war against the roosters and my pony size dog and my wedding?)) http://www.alohafemme.wordpress.com/
pinkgeek is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to pinkgeek For This Useful Post:
Old 04-28-2012, 06:35 AM   #33
justkim

How Do You Identify?:
Me...
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
<3 myself

Thanked 6,801 Times in 1,553 Posts
justkim Has the BEST Reputationjustkim Has the BEST Reputationjustkim Has the BEST Reputationjustkim Has the BEST Reputationjustkim Has the BEST Reputationjustkim Has the BEST Reputationjustkim Has the BEST Reputationjustkim Has the BEST Reputationjustkim Has the BEST Reputationjustkim Has the BEST Reputationjustkim Has the BEST Reputation

Manicure's and pedicure's are sexy. Since this is what I do for a living, I would much rather be the one doing my sig others nails...whether it be hands or feet.
I would suggest using single use items an Emory board and a orange wood stick are single use. Whirlpool foot spa's are nice but they tend to be a breeding ground for fungus. You can put all the cleaner and disinfectant into a whirlpool all you want but if you (nail tech) don't follow the directions on the bottle it won't matter. Most need to be filled, the chemical put in and ran for about 15 minutes, drained, filled again, then ran again for another 15 minutes, drained, rinsed out then dried. That right there is a half hour, between clients. They should also have a nightly and weekly cleaning schedule. *State board requires these things. Each state maybe different. But when it comes to sanitation they all seem to be about the same.
I use disposable foot-bath trays, this gives me the ability to get more pedicures done when I have back to back clients. I also keep an extra set of clippers, nipper, and tweezers. By doing this it allows me to follow the disinfectants directions to the *T*.
Find out what your state requires.
Anyway... Well taken care of hands and feet are very SEXY... it is one of the first things I look at...

Stay safe!

"A word of encouragement during a failure is worth more than an hour of praise after success."
- Unknown -
justkim is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to justkim For This Useful Post:
Old 04-28-2012, 08:56 AM   #34
suebee

How Do You Identify?:
TOWANDA!
Preferred Pronoun?:
Queen Bee
Relationship Status:
Good 'n married.

1 Highscore

Location: Eastern Canada. But if I make a wrong turn at the lights I get stopped by a border guard.
Thanked 2,759 Times in 820 Posts
suebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toughy View Post
you know I get you are trying to be funny, but it's not funny to me......

Guys get crap about being 'butch enough' all the time and personal hygiene stuff is one of those places it happens. Hair products and lotions fit in this category also.
Yes. It was meant as a little good-humoured ribbing. I do get the "not butch enough" crap. My apologies if I offended anyone.

My wife takes care of her nails. One of our little quiet-time rituals is to file each other's nails. And as has already been mentioned, nice smooth nails are a pleasure to be touched with.
Old 04-28-2012, 02:30 PM   #35
Ms. Tabitha

How Do You Identify?:
Hey Lady
Preferred Pronoun?:
Female
Relationship Status:
Married ~ 4-1-13

Thanked 3,585 Times in 1,041 Posts
Ms. Tabitha Has the BEST ReputationMs. Tabitha Has the BEST ReputationMs. Tabitha Has the BEST ReputationMs. Tabitha Has the BEST ReputationMs. Tabitha Has the BEST ReputationMs. Tabitha Has the BEST ReputationMs. Tabitha Has the BEST ReputationMs. Tabitha Has the BEST ReputationMs. Tabitha Has the BEST ReputationMs. Tabitha Has the BEST ReputationMs. Tabitha Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneOfAKind View Post
Some shops will use a tool that requires that the manicurist put in a razor blade and they kind of shave away dead skin. Not only is this a way transmitting a host of diseases if the blade is not changed, its not good for your feet. It causes more cracking on the heels. Tell them in ADVANCE that you do not want this done and to just use a pumice stone. And as far as a pumice stone, go to Sallys and get your own. Keep it in a baggie after it has dried. always bring it home with you. I know this is very detailed, but it is meant to keep you as safe as possible. If you have any questions, please feel free to PM me.
I personally love the blade. I use it one at home on our feet and we also have it done at the nail salon. The establishment we use in in Vegas and they are sanitary and after the use of the blade I have watched them dispose of it.
I have also gone to Sallys purchased pedi supplies for those times we don't have time to run to the salon.

It is a good idea to keep your own supplies handy especially for those that jump from salon to salon, great idea OneOfAKind
Ms. Tabitha is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Ms. Tabitha For This Useful Post:
Old 04-28-2012, 05:03 PM   #36
Okiebug61

How Do You Identify?:
Light Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Hitched to Red

Thanked 5,381 Times in 1,245 Posts
Okiebug61 Has the BEST ReputationOkiebug61 Has the BEST ReputationOkiebug61 Has the BEST ReputationOkiebug61 Has the BEST ReputationOkiebug61 Has the BEST ReputationOkiebug61 Has the BEST ReputationOkiebug61 Has the BEST ReputationOkiebug61 Has the BEST ReputationOkiebug61 Has the BEST ReputationOkiebug61 Has the BEST ReputationOkiebug61 Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abigail Crabby View Post
There's nothing Unbutch about a butch getting a mani/pedi

I think someone who cares enough about their appearence to do this is
AOK in my book.

I know Da Schmooze wouldn't mind my saying he gets both - no nail polish please lol but I love that he likes taking care of himself. In fact when he was here for Christmas we found the most deeliteful salon with the best pedicures ever.

I am diabetic and very careful who touches my feet - autoclave a must and this salon has tools individually wrapped after autoclaving before they touch anyone's feet. No razor blades near my feet please.

Now for me I want to go to Virginia and have the fish pedicure -you can google it - it's on my bucket list for the summer.

Whether you do it yourself, or give in to the luxury of someone else giving you great hands and feet - I say Rave on Butches and Femmes
Thank you! Red convinced me years ago to have a pedicure because I was beating the pavement when I sold cars for a living. I became hooked because it feels so dang good. It's an outing Red and I share and I love it. I get my fingernails trimmed about once a month because my nails grow so fast. I am proud to say I love pedicures and tomorrow is our day.

Yeah!
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Okiebug61 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-28-2012, 06:58 PM   #37
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

Thanked 54,956 Times in 13,922 Posts
girl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputation

For those of you who enjoy pedicures because they feel good you should try a Reflexology session!!!! It's so wonderful! Great for circulation and a ton of other things!

girl_dee is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to girl_dee For This Useful Post:
Old 04-28-2012, 07:21 PM   #38
MsMerrick

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Feminist Femme....
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Single and Singular....

Quote:
TJ's = Trader Joes
but I took other brands for many years.. TJ's only moving into my neighborhood rather recently
The Following User Says Thank You to MsMerrick For This Useful Post:
Old 04-28-2012, 08:10 PM   #39
Toughy

How Do You Identify?:
pervert butch feminist woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
see above
Relationship Status:
independent entity

Thanked 7,656 Times in 1,522 Posts
Toughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by luv2luvgirls View Post
*snickers* and here I thought we was gonna talk shop about nails..
you know I was going to let this go, but I can't mostly because this feels like a butch is making fun of those of us who take pride in ourselves. Taking care of myself is nothing to *snicker* about.

and.......we ARE talking shop about nails. Why don't you join in instead of the snide sounding *snickers*?

If I am taking your post wrong, then please come in and let me/us know. I will be happy to apologize for this post.

Thanks to all the butch folk who have posted. I'm learning things and I like that.
I will not assimilate

Toughy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Toughy For This Useful Post:
Old 04-28-2012, 08:38 PM   #40
La Perla

How Do You Identify?:
femme sensuelle
Relationship Status:
dating and enjoying life

La Perla Has the BEST ReputationLa Perla Has the BEST ReputationLa Perla Has the BEST ReputationLa Perla Has the BEST ReputationLa Perla Has the BEST ReputationLa Perla Has the BEST ReputationLa Perla Has the BEST ReputationLa Perla Has the BEST ReputationLa Perla Has the BEST ReputationLa Perla Has the BEST ReputationLa Perla Has the BEST Reputation

i love seeing well manicured butch hands, feet, hair, well pressed clothes. i find the attention to detail sexy.
La Perla is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to La Perla For This Useful Post: