Old 04-28-2012, 08:45 PM   #41
princessbelle
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
femme ones

Thanked 30,503 Times in 5,201 Posts
princessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toughy View Post
I'm going to have to butch up and go the pedicure route because of left hip problems that don't let me bend or get my leg/foot in a position to do the pedi myself........icky poo to somebody messing with my feet...

I'm on a bunch of meds that are most likely causing the nail issues, but I will double check with my rheumatologist and see what she thinks.....good suggestion....thanks
One other idea about your splitting nails is harsh chemicals can/will do that. If you wash your hands a lot try a milder soap or milder lotion. Chemicals can wreak havoc on your nails and cuticles. Keeping your hands in water a lot can add to the problem too. Make sure you dry your hands off good after washing and dry under the nail if they are long enough.

Also, of note...problem nails can be caused by getting a little older, medications, like you suggested, and diseases such as anemia. So, just putting this out there... If anyone sees a dramatic change in their toenails or fingernails...get it checked out with a Doc.

It is sexy as all get out when a butch has beautifully manicured nails.

Great thread.

Maya Angelou
princessbelle is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to princessbelle For This Useful Post:
Old 04-28-2012, 08:58 PM   #42
Toughy

How Do You Identify?:
pervert butch feminist woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
see above
Relationship Status:
independent entity

Thanked 7,656 Times in 1,522 Posts
Toughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST Reputation

oh no you did nt..........laughin..................getting a 'little' older??????????????????

bully will take care of that for me since she is turning 50..............and happy bday to her....
I will not assimilate

Toughy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Toughy For This Useful Post:
Old 04-28-2012, 09:02 PM   #43
princessbelle
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
femme ones

Thanked 30,503 Times in 5,201 Posts
princessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
oh no you did nt..........laughin..................getting a 'little' older??????????????????

bully will take care of that for me since she is turning 50..............and happy bday to her....
LOL

Hey i'm right behind her. It is still a little gratifying that she is doing it several months prior to me.

Hmm. Come to think of it, i've never dated a 50 year old woman before.

Sorry for the de-r(n)ail.

OMG i need sleep.

Night all!!!!

Maya Angelou
princessbelle is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to princessbelle For This Useful Post:
Old 04-28-2012, 09:16 PM   #44
luv2luvgirls
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Asshole

Thanked 5,470 Times in 1,827 Posts
luv2luvgirls Has the BEST Reputationluv2luvgirls Has the BEST Reputationluv2luvgirls Has the BEST Reputationluv2luvgirls Has the BEST Reputationluv2luvgirls Has the BEST Reputationluv2luvgirls Has the BEST Reputationluv2luvgirls Has the BEST Reputationluv2luvgirls Has the BEST Reputationluv2luvgirls Has the BEST Reputationluv2luvgirls Has the BEST Reputationluv2luvgirls Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
you know I was going to let this go, but I can't mostly because this feels like a butch is making fun of those of us who take pride in ourselves. Taking care of myself is nothing to *snicker* about.

and.......we ARE talking shop about nails. Why don't you join in instead of the snide sounding *snickers*?

If I am taking your post wrong, then please come in and let me/us know. I will be happy to apologize for this post.

Thanks to all the butch folk who have posted. I'm learning things and I like that.

If I had seen this earlier I would have replied right away, thank you for bringing it to my attention Toughy.. let me start off by saying you have no need to apologize at all
let me apologize for even making you feel uncomfortable in any way. I truely apologize. My snicker was actualy at myself because I thought it was about something else and it seemed ok since you started your post with nener nener made ya look So yeah I was thinking like that too...

I mean no offinse as I myself like to be clean with my swagg at all times. We all do it in our own way no way being more butch than the next. Toughy it is a great thread and one we needed thanks for posting it.

Sincerly,
Ri
luv2luvgirls is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to luv2luvgirls For This Useful Post:
Old 04-28-2012, 09:52 PM   #45
Toughy

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
see above
Relationship Status:
independent entity

Toughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST Reputation

No worries about replying..........it's not been that long and we all have lives...

Thanks for your response. Absolutely I get why and what you meant.........I did start it with nener ne ner. Thanks for coming back ..........

<grin>......I am soooooooooo glad I didn't go off like a rocket and make a big ass out of myself...... with both suebee and luv2

I want to thank both suebee and luv2 for coming back. This could have gotten ugly and it didn't. That's a good thing.

as to swagg.....laughin.........the femmes seem to like this being part of butch swagg...

pay attention guys......
I will not assimilate

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Toughy For This Useful Post:
Old 04-28-2012, 10:00 PM   #46
Dude

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:
Perusing

Thanked 10,606 Times in 1,477 Posts
Dude Has the BEST ReputationDude Has the BEST ReputationDude Has the BEST ReputationDude Has the BEST ReputationDude Has the BEST ReputationDude Has the BEST ReputationDude Has the BEST ReputationDude Has the BEST ReputationDude Has the BEST ReputationDude Has the BEST ReputationDude Has the BEST Reputation

I neatly (anally) trim mine , so no whites are showing.
Dirty nails gross me the hell out.
I cant handle files grinding on me , anywhere.

Feet trust _ I do not have it.
I've only had that a few times in my life.

Before my mom passed, she had a request that me and my
sisters all go get our nails "did" together.
She had me over a barrel and knew it.
I did everything before going so all that was left was filing ( or trying to)

I nearly kicked the lady messing with my feet, twice.
Her speaking more english would have been very helpful , for me.
It's a trust thing ,sort of like who does your hair , amplified
by 100
Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Dude For This Useful Post:
Old 04-28-2012, 10:23 PM   #47
bright_arrow
☆ the stars are aligned ☆

How Do You Identify?:
strong, independent, badass redhead
Preferred Pronoun?:
babygirl, buttercup, sugah
Relationship Status:
married to my Boo Daddy <3

Thanked 9,359 Times in 2,295 Posts
bright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Bard and I have gone for pedi's once, it was pretty fab! A first for me, but I am super ticklish, so I had a LOT of trouble staying still for the massage. Hy will rub my foot for me with a peppermint+plum lotion, and I loveeeee it

Hy oftens clips/files hys nails - they grow fast, and rather thick.. Mine like to peel =/ I think mayhaps all the nail polish and nail polish remover beating them up.

We plan to get a mani prior to the wedding.

Our friend that did the pedi has her own salon. Otherwise, neither of us really like people touching our feet. I don't mind hym touching my feet though
bright_arrow is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bright_arrow For This Useful Post:
Old 04-29-2012, 12:03 AM   #48
Rivkeh

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
In formal settings...Miss
Relationship Status:
Wrapped up with a Shiny Red Bow

Rivkeh Has the BEST ReputationRivkeh Has the BEST ReputationRivkeh Has the BEST ReputationRivkeh Has the BEST ReputationRivkeh Has the BEST ReputationRivkeh Has the BEST ReputationRivkeh Has the BEST ReputationRivkeh Has the BEST ReputationRivkeh Has the BEST ReputationRivkeh Has the BEST ReputationRivkeh Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by desd View Post
Mine like to peel =/ I think mayhaps all the nail polish and nail polish remover beating them up.

We plan to get a mani prior to the wedding.
...you could try a vitamin/mineral nail supplement that contains silica, we have one here made by 'Swisse' but not sure if you could get it there. Nails doing that may mean there is a deficiency in your diet that a supplement could really help
Old 04-29-2012, 02:36 PM   #49
JoSchmooze

How Do You Identify?:
Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He, hym, mister or "sir", like I get called by strangers!

Thanked 10,989 Times in 1,627 Posts
JoSchmooze Has the BEST ReputationJoSchmooze Has the BEST ReputationJoSchmooze Has the BEST ReputationJoSchmooze Has the BEST ReputationJoSchmooze Has the BEST ReputationJoSchmooze Has the BEST ReputationJoSchmooze Has the BEST ReputationJoSchmooze Has the BEST ReputationJoSchmooze Has the BEST ReputationJoSchmooze Has the BEST ReputationJoSchmooze Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
you know I was going to let this go, but I can't mostly because this feels like a butch is making fun of those of us who take pride in ourselves. Taking care of myself is nothing to *snicker* about.

and.......we ARE talking shop about nails. Why don't you join in instead of the snide sounding *snickers*?

If I am taking your post wrong, then please come in and let me/us know. I will be happy to apologize for this post.

Thanks to all the butch folk who have posted. I'm learning things and I like that.
As Abigail Crabby pointed out,
I do indeed go for regular pedis - but pedis only....
It started when I had my first knee surgery
(about 20 years ago) and I really was uncomfortable
gettting my hands down to my feet....
Over the years it continued because I got so damned big that I
just couldn't reach my feet!
I wouldn't stop going because it does feel good!
But I take care of my own hands as the salon where I go won't
cut my fingernails as short as I like them.....
End of story.....

JoSchmooze is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to JoSchmooze For This Useful Post:
Old 04-29-2012, 08:47 PM   #50
EnderD_503

How Do You Identify?:
Queer, trans guy, butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Male pronouns
Relationship Status:
Relationship

Thanked 3,907 Times in 1,032 Posts
EnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST Reputation

I think all this "manicure" "pedicure" stuff is also a class issue which kind of sucks. You don't need to have a "manicure" to to be "clean," and I think that getting manicure or giving yourself one has more to do with what people like to do for themselves than any actual realistic hygiene issue. Personally, I just cut my nails frequently because I can't stand to have any nails at all. It drives me up the wall at work or just generally going about my day. Never filed or done anything particularly special and never run into any issue because of it. I think people exaggerate a little at times when it comes to this stuff.
EnderD_503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 09:18 PM   #51
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Thanked 26,893 Times in 5,771 Posts
DapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnderD_503 View Post
I think all this "manicure" "pedicure" stuff is also a class issue which kind of sucks. You don't need to have a "manicure" to to be "clean," and I think that getting manicure or giving yourself one has more to do with what people like to do for themselves than any actual realistic hygiene issue. Personally, I just cut my nails frequently because I can't stand to have any nails at all. It drives me up the wall at work or just generally going about my day. Never filed or done anything particularly special and never run into any issue because of it. I think people exaggerate a little at times when it comes to this stuff.
I hear what you are saying, but I think that the thinking behind the creation of the thread (being butch doesn't mean you can't pamper yourself), is a good one.

I would never get a manicure/pedicure either, but I don't think it is a "class" issue; I think it is people choosing to budget their money for this service. Maybe they don't hit Starbucks 5 days a week like many people do, so they have the extra cash to get this done.

I don't read what is being expressed in this thread as people viewing others as not being "clean" if they don't get manicures/pedicures.

Are you educated or indoctrinated?

Last edited by DapperButch; 04-29-2012 at 09:20 PM. Reason: add on
DapperButch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to DapperButch For This Useful Post:
Old 04-29-2012, 09:29 PM   #52
EnderD_503

How Do You Identify?:
Queer, trans guy, butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Male pronouns
Relationship Status:
Relationship

Thanked 3,907 Times in 1,032 Posts
EnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by DapperButch View Post
I hear what you are saying, but I think that the thinking behind the creation of the thread (being butch doesn't mean you can't pamper yourself), is a good one.

I would never get a manicure/pedicure either, but I don't think it is a "class" issue; I think it is people choosing to budget their money for this service. Maybe they don't hit Starbucks 5 days a week like many people do, so they have the extra cash to get this done.

I don't read what is being expressed in this thread as people viewing others as not being "clean" if they don't get manicures/pedicures.
A few posts talked about manicures and pedicures as hygienic, which I think is definitely making a statement about people who don't or can't get them, whether they intended it to be that way or not (not saying they said it maliciously, but still has the same implication). And since not everyone has the financial luxury to be able to budget beyond having enough money for what they need, I do think its a class issue if its something you're paying someone else to get done. All I was trying to say is its fucked up when people assume that certain things that are a matter of material luxury are matters of personal hygiene instead of a luxury.
EnderD_503 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to EnderD_503 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-29-2012, 10:07 PM   #53
Passionaria

How Do You Identify?:
Urban Bohemian : http://youtu.be/IM96Ch9Gx4A

Thanked 3,735 Times in 1,250 Posts
Passionaria Has the BEST ReputationPassionaria Has the BEST ReputationPassionaria Has the BEST ReputationPassionaria Has the BEST ReputationPassionaria Has the BEST ReputationPassionaria Has the BEST ReputationPassionaria Has the BEST ReputationPassionaria Has the BEST ReputationPassionaria Has the BEST ReputationPassionaria Has the BEST ReputationPassionaria Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
A few posts talked about manicures and pedicures as hygienic, which I think is definitely making a statement about people who don't or can't get them, whether they intended it to be that way or not (not saying they said it maliciously, but still has the same implication). And since not everyone has the financial luxury to be able to budget beyond having enough money for what they need, I do think its a class issue if its something you're paying someone else to get done. All I was trying to say is its fucked up when people assume that certain things that are a matter of material luxury are matters of personal hygiene instead of a luxury.
Hey E,
I don't think you "have to" pay money to have manicured hands and feet. If you have it, great, but you can do your own, or have someone who loves you do it for you. I think the later is even more delicious than going to the salon! It's the trimming, scrubbing, cuticle tidying, etc that give the clean well groomed "hygienic" look, which I have to agree is attractive. Does not matter how you keep yourself groomed, as long as it happens!?

Right now I have to do my own, and it's cool, lol my painting needs work but....whatever.
Old 04-29-2012, 10:33 PM   #54
Random

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 5,327 Times in 1,379 Posts
Random Has the BEST ReputationRandom Has the BEST ReputationRandom Has the BEST ReputationRandom Has the BEST ReputationRandom Has the BEST ReputationRandom Has the BEST ReputationRandom Has the BEST ReputationRandom Has the BEST ReputationRandom Has the BEST ReputationRandom Has the BEST ReputationRandom Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
I'm going to have to disagree with you on this one...

I know/have known more than a handful of people who can't afford cars/computers/daily starbucks/eatting out, ect...

BUT they get their hair and nails done like clock work every two weeks..

I don't think it's a matter of class, but a matter of what is important to someone...

I love thrifting/resale stores/ junk stores....

They are my reward for getting up and going to work...

Back when my kid was in HS (Private) I was poorer than hell.. (you support three people, plus tuition and all the stuff that goes along with having a teenager and a partner in college full time on 11 bucks a hour... you learn now to be functual poor) I would walk to work vs taking the bus to save my bus fare so I could go thrifting once a month...

If something is not important to you, then you might think that it's a unness luxury that only people of a certain class can afford... But if it's important to you, you find a way to make it happen...
Old 04-30-2012, 10:29 AM   #55
Toughy

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
see above
Relationship Status:
independent entity

Thumbs down

Quote:
I understand what you are saying, but I certainly didn't/don't mean you have to pay money to get a manicure or pedicure. Being clean and having good personal grooming/hygiene is not a function of money or class in my way of thinking. As I said, I get a manicure every week and I do it myself. It consists of cutting my nails and filing off the rough edges. My toenails are not done as often and I have to figure out some way to deal with pedicures. My very tight budget is going to have to be changed because my ability to do my own pedicure is being severely limited. I'm not so sure I would say folks exaggerate this issue, that seems a bit judgmental.

One of the reasons I started this thread was to help dispel the myth that masculine folks do not take care of our nails.....manicure and pedicure. It is a 'girly' thing to take care of your nails. I am not 'butch enough' because I take pride in trimmed nails and clean hands and feet. I have received reps from masculine folks for starting this thread because they get shit about it from other masculine folks or femmes or partners.

I do understand there can be a charge around words like hygiene and clean. I also understand how folks could think manicure and pedicure mean money changing hands. I don't think that way. Thanks for bringing it up and giving me the chance to clarify what I mean.

And I totally get the can't stand having nails at all..............I'm the same way and so are others in this thread....
I will not assimilate

Last edited by Toughy; 04-30-2012 at 10:32 AM.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Toughy For This Useful Post:
Old 04-30-2012, 12:10 PM   #56
Toughy

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
see above
Relationship Status:
independent entity

I just looked at my last post and saw the red thumbs down avatar at the very top. I did not mean for that to be there.....I must have somehow accidently clicked on it when I was writing that post. I don't think anything Ender has said should have a thumbs down connected to it. My apologies.
I will not assimilate

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Toughy For This Useful Post:
Old 04-30-2012, 12:39 PM   #57
willow
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
sugar and spice
Preferred Pronoun?:
she

Thanked 6,751 Times in 1,837 Posts
willow Has the BEST Reputationwillow Has the BEST Reputationwillow Has the BEST Reputationwillow Has the BEST Reputationwillow Has the BEST Reputationwillow Has the BEST Reputationwillow Has the BEST Reputationwillow Has the BEST Reputationwillow Has the BEST Reputationwillow Has the BEST Reputationwillow Has the BEST Reputation

Neat clean hands and nails are one of the first things I notice on someone, anyone. No matter how you identify, there is just no excuse for dirty, scruffy finger nails. Be it a DIY job with a nail brush and clippers or a long pampering at a salon. Just do it.

http://fc05.deviantart.net/fs11/i/20...ockAvatars.gif

willow is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to willow For This Useful Post:
Old 04-30-2012, 01:02 PM   #58
clay
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch (Silver Fox) Dom Daddi
Preferred Pronoun?:
50 Shades of Clay Darker & Deeper
Relationship Status:
married to my forever

Thanked 31,688 Times in 7,716 Posts
clay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Great thread, Toughy!!!!
For myself, I could care less what anyone else thinks about me getting a pedi....it is just a"feel good", "look good" and nice way to pamper myself.
My GF treated me to one a couple weekends ago, as I couldn't afford one. Being with mobility issues and unable to reach my feet to do them myself, this is a luxurious necessity for me...and she does my feet sometimes as well...which is always an awesome time for our one on one time.
There are no written "rules" for whom can have a pedi/mani that I know of....nor anything that would dictate that it makes us be anything other than our own selves...
So, hats off to anyone who does this for themselves, gets it done, or has an SO do it for them, and repays in kind!!!
ETA Toughy.....years and years ago my mom would buy Knox Gelatin...an unflavored dry gelatin packet, in a bright orange box..... mix it and drink that..for tougher, stronger nails....
Bag Balm, sold in most pharmacy sections of store, and at any tack and supply places, or such feed n seed stores that sell tack gear...is another incredible product for those tough, dry, cracked feet.
UDDER CREAM for nursing teats of cows.....is a fabulous product.
Go figure....anyway, again, GREAT thread my friend....so come on, let's GET NAILED buddy!!!
Old 06-13-2012, 12:05 PM   #59
Ginger

How Do You Identify?:
Femme lesbian

Thanked 12,310 Times in 2,057 Posts
Ginger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackhammer View Post
My wife takes care of my hands and feet. We lay
around and groom each other for hours. Big time fun....
She also cuts my hair.
In my world there's nothing she can't do, and nobody does it better.

Happy! Nice.
Ginger is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Ginger For This Useful Post:
Old 06-13-2012, 12:20 PM   #60
Martina

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 18,366 Times in 4,171 Posts
Martina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST Reputation

i am not persnickety at all, but i like a good manicure and pedicure. i hate a bad one. i just had a bad one in Pacifica. They poked me, moved me around like a horse getting shoed, and gossiped and watched TV while they were using sharp implements on my feet. They didn't even out my nails. i guess they assumed i want to grow them (i don't). They didn't ask, and i didn't notice. One place i like is in Half Moon Bay, but they only take cash, which irks me.

i am in the woodsy north right now and am about to go get a mani. No one will notice, and it's kinda crazy when i am going to go kayaking and stuff. But i like to. The toes are in good shape. Alarmingly plum colored. i do put color on the toes. Clear for the hands though because i am hard on the paint and i hate to see chips.

My ex, quite conventionally butch, gets more manis and pedis than i ever did. And she gets color on her toes too. Sometimes more than one color. She loves it.

P.S. I also keep my nails short for obvious reason. i have had long nailed femmes fuck me just fine. But i keep mine short. Makes me nervous otherwise. i don't want to be thinking about that when have my hand inside someone.

Also, while i am no massage therapist, i do give a lot of massages, and i don't need long nails.

Quote:
you know I get you are trying to be funny, but it's not funny to me......

Guys get crap about being 'butch enough' all the time and personal hygiene stuff is one of those places it happens. Hair products and lotions fit in this category also.

Thanks to the femmes who have offered up tips about nail salons.

Come on guys.....I know I am not the only butch who takes care of my nails.

In my mind nails are tools!!! Tools of the loving touch.

I would be willing to say that part of being old school is taking care of your nails (and skin). What do you think about that?
Martina is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Martina For This Useful Post: