stephfromMIT
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Troll
Preferred Pronoun?:
she her
Relationship Status:
engaged to my fiancee Amanda

stephfromMIT Has the BEST ReputationstephfromMIT Has the BEST ReputationstephfromMIT Has the BEST ReputationstephfromMIT Has the BEST ReputationstephfromMIT Has the BEST ReputationstephfromMIT Has the BEST ReputationstephfromMIT Has the BEST ReputationstephfromMIT Has the BEST ReputationstephfromMIT Has the BEST ReputationstephfromMIT Has the BEST ReputationstephfromMIT Has the BEST Reputation
Smile Do you *want* people to assume you're a man?

In my thread about my doctor esperience, I made mention of the fact that if you saw me, you might assume I'm male. I was asked if I liked the idea of "passing". I replied that I hate that I can/do "pass". What does everyone else think?
stephfromMIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 11:00 AM   #2
apretty

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
sea shell
Relationship Status:
married

Thanked 4,377 Times in 1,015 Posts
apretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputation

Seriously.
apretty is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to apretty For This Useful Post:
Old 08-30-2012, 11:05 AM   #3
BullDog
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Dominant Stone Butch Daddy
Preferred Pronoun?:
She

Thanked 22,783 Times in 4,470 Posts
BullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST Reputation

No I do not.

Yes, it is an issue for butch women.

- Rainer Maria Rilke
BullDog is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to BullDog For This Useful Post:
Old 08-30-2012, 11:12 AM   #4
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

Thanked 54,956 Times in 13,922 Posts
girl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputation

i cannot answer for Syr but i think she prefers to be seen as a woman in the world.
girl_dee is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to girl_dee For This Useful Post:
Old 08-30-2012, 11:16 AM   #5
Hack
Just a guy.

How Do You Identify?:
Just a guy
Preferred Pronoun?:
male
Relationship Status:
Sparkle's consort

Thanked 3,784 Times in 960 Posts
Hack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST Reputation

I shoot for human being first, followed closely by somewhat smart and funny. As long as people are nice to me, how they perceive me is entirely up to them.
Hack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 11:21 AM   #6
The_Lady_Snow
MILLION $$$ PUSSY

How Do You Identify?:
Kinky, Raw, Perverted, Uber Queer Alpha Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Iconic Ms.
Relationship Status:
Keeper of 3, only one has the map to my freckles

Thanked 80,119 Times in 15,678 Posts
The_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST Reputation
Smile Doesn't MIT offer gender studies classes?

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephfromMIT View Post
In my thread about my doctor esperience, I made mention of the fact that if you saw me, you might assume I'm male. I was asked if I liked the idea of "passing". I replied that I hate that I can/do "pass". What does everyone else think?
steph did you really go to MIT!!?!! I am just kidding with you.

I am gonna assume that if you are not a man, or identify as a man, then your not going to like being referred to, or mistaken as a man. It is just that simple.

How do you handle it when you "steph" are mistaken for a man?

Another interesting topic...
"If you’re going to play these dirty games of ours, then you might as well indulge completely. It’s all about turning back into an animal and that’s the beauty of it. Place your guilt on the sidewalk and take a blow torch to it (guilt is usually worthless anyway). Be perverted, be filthy, do things that mannered people shouldn’t do. If you’re going to be gross then go for it and don’t wimp out."---Master Aiden

The_Lady_Snow is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to The_Lady_Snow For This Useful Post:
Old 08-30-2012, 12:03 PM   #7
stephfromMIT
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Troll
Preferred Pronoun?:
she her
Relationship Status:

stephfromMIT Has the BEST ReputationstephfromMIT Has the BEST ReputationstephfromMIT Has the BEST ReputationstephfromMIT Has the BEST ReputationstephfromMIT Has the BEST ReputationstephfromMIT Has the BEST ReputationstephfromMIT Has the BEST ReputationstephfromMIT Has the BEST ReputationstephfromMIT Has the BEST ReputationstephfromMIT Has the BEST ReputationstephfromMIT Has the BEST Reputation
Wink

Snow-Gender Studies doesn't overlap with Physics AFAIK.
Old 08-30-2012, 12:11 PM   #8
BullDog
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She

BullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST Reputation

Um women wear jeans and t shirt too.

I understand the underlying stuff that's going on, but I am real confused why people don't understand the issue of butch women not wanting to be seen as men. Oh well, learn something new every day.

- Rainer Maria Rilke
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to BullDog For This Useful Post:
Old 08-30-2012, 12:15 PM   #9
durrrrrrrr

How Do You Identify?:
TG Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
he , him

Thanked 10,217 Times in 2,504 Posts
durrrrrrrr Has the BEST Reputationdurrrrrrrr Has the BEST Reputationdurrrrrrrr Has the BEST Reputationdurrrrrrrr Has the BEST Reputationdurrrrrrrr Has the BEST Reputationdurrrrrrrr Has the BEST Reputationdurrrrrrrr Has the BEST Reputationdurrrrrrrr Has the BEST Reputationdurrrrrrrr Has the BEST Reputationdurrrrrrrr Has the BEST Reputationdurrrrrrrr Has the BEST Reputation

I am me. I don't give a fuck what others think of me.

well, butter my butt and call me a biscuit
durrrrrrrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 12:16 PM   #10
aishah

How Do You Identify?:
queer stone femme shark baby girl
Preferred Pronoun?:
she, her, little one
Relationship Status:
dating myself.

1 Highscore

Thanked 6,437 Times in 1,288 Posts
aishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputation

most female id'ed butches i know want to be perceived as women. most male id'ed and trans butches i know want to be perceived as men.

clothing doesn't "make" one's gender id. i agree with bulldog...jeans and t-shirts are not just for men.

Quote:
I am gonna assume that if you are not a man, or identify as a man, then your not going to like being referred to, or mistaken as a man. It is just that simple.
this.
aishah is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to aishah For This Useful Post:
Old 08-30-2012, 12:21 PM   #11
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

Thanked 54,956 Times in 13,922 Posts
girl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharmingButch25 View Post
Im confused, If someone doesnt want to be percieved as a man, or masculine why dress so masculine knowing it would cause this problem, I dress masculine but I accept that people will mistake me for a man, because I am comfortable in jeans and t shirts
Question?

What does *dress masculine* mean to you?

girl_dee is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to girl_dee For This Useful Post:
Old 08-30-2012, 12:22 PM   #12
macele

How Do You Identify?:
a bold-assed maximus
Preferred Pronoun?:
she

Thanked 3,239 Times in 849 Posts
macele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputation

i know what charming is talking about, and i know what bulldog is talking about. we are all just different and assuming is most often not a good thing to do.

truth. i like doing tomboy stuff. i'm not a man. i like being a woman. just because i have a ball cap on, ... don't assume i'm male. men don't own the patent to ball caps.
macele is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to macele For This Useful Post:
Old 08-30-2012, 12:26 PM   #13
CharmingButch25
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
As just me!
Preferred Pronoun?:
Hy,Hym,
Relationship Status:
call me crazy working on me!

Thanked 1,334 Times in 367 Posts
CharmingButch25 Has the BEST ReputationCharmingButch25 Has the BEST ReputationCharmingButch25 Has the BEST ReputationCharmingButch25 Has the BEST ReputationCharmingButch25 Has the BEST ReputationCharmingButch25 Has the BEST ReputationCharmingButch25 Has the BEST ReputationCharmingButch25 Has the BEST ReputationCharmingButch25 Has the BEST ReputationCharmingButch25 Has the BEST ReputationCharmingButch25 Has the BEST Reputation

I went ahead and deleted my message, I dont want to cause drama in this thread,

What I said was misunderstood and I am sorry, have a good day all

Dressing masculine, I dunno Cajun, I dress in guys jeans,cargo shorts,t shirts, baseball cap, boxers,wifebeaters,v neck white shirts, I buy from the mens section,
CharmingButch25 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to CharmingButch25 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-30-2012, 12:33 PM   #14
Corkey
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Human
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Very Married

Thanked 29,299 Times in 6,640 Posts
Corkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST Reputation

I am me, male ID's so for Me, yes, but my cloths don't make who I am, my brain does. Other folks not so much. Personal preferences are just that. Am I seen as a man in the world? Sometimes, until I turn sidewise, ya' just can't mistake the chesticals....
"Many proposals have been made to us to adopt your laws, your religion, your manners and your customs. We would be better pleased with beholding the good effects of these doctrines in your own practices, than with hearing you talk about them".
~Old Tassel, Chief of the Tsalagi (Cherokee)
Corkey is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Corkey For This Useful Post:
Old 08-30-2012, 12:38 PM   #15
stephfromMIT
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Troll
Preferred Pronoun?:
she her
Relationship Status:

Quote:
Originally Posted by aishah View Post
most female id'ed butches i know want to be perceived as women. most male id'ed and trans butches i know want to be perceived as men.

clothing doesn't "make" one's gender id. i agree with bulldog...jeans and t-shirts are not just for men.

this.
Put WAY better than I could've/did!
Old 08-30-2012, 12:43 PM   #16
BullDog
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She

I really don't care if a store clerk or someone like that temporarily mistakes me for a man. But I don't want to be viewed like a man or seen as a man or treated as man. It also doesn't surprise me that butches who prefer male pronouns wouldn't care.

I do wear all mens clothes and I am a butch woman.

- Rainer Maria Rilke
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to BullDog For This Useful Post:
Old 08-30-2012, 12:44 PM   #17
Okiebug61

How Do You Identify?:
Light Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Hitched to Red

Thanked 5,381 Times in 1,245 Posts
Okiebug61 Has the BEST ReputationOkiebug61 Has the BEST ReputationOkiebug61 Has the BEST ReputationOkiebug61 Has the BEST ReputationOkiebug61 Has the BEST ReputationOkiebug61 Has the BEST ReputationOkiebug61 Has the BEST ReputationOkiebug61 Has the BEST ReputationOkiebug61 Has the BEST ReputationOkiebug61 Has the BEST ReputationOkiebug61 Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharmingButch25 View Post
I went ahead and deleted my message, I dont want to cause drama in this thread,

What I said was misunderstood and I am sorry, have a good day all

Dressing masculine, I dunno Cajun, I dress in guys jeans,cargo shorts,t shirts, baseball cap, boxers,wifebeaters,v neck white shirts, I buy from the mens section,
I know this has been brought up before but I'll say it here. Referring to your tee-shirts as W**B###%# is not cool.

I wasn't born with a handbook that said I had to dress in certain clothes, and certain colors. It bothers me that along with gender assignment so many think the outer part has to meet the so called "normal" look.
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Okiebug61 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-30-2012, 12:48 PM   #18
DaddyNik12

How Do You Identify?:
Butch/Domme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Sir
Relationship Status:
still searching for ms right

Thanked 1,508 Times in 468 Posts
DaddyNik12 Has the BEST ReputationDaddyNik12 Has the BEST ReputationDaddyNik12 Has the BEST ReputationDaddyNik12 Has the BEST ReputationDaddyNik12 Has the BEST ReputationDaddyNik12 Has the BEST ReputationDaddyNik12 Has the BEST ReputationDaddyNik12 Has the BEST ReputationDaddyNik12 Has the BEST ReputationDaddyNik12 Has the BEST ReputationDaddyNik12 Has the BEST Reputation

let see , yes i get called Sir alot in public , and I dress in mens clothing , shop in mens wear dept . yes I have the facial hair , have i takin t-shot ? NO ! but sometimes I think and react like a male ..but who doesnt ? each person can act and think in thier own way! some use the hy , he , boi , boy but as I said each to thier own and do i get double takeing looks ? bet your ass I do , do I care ? hell no ..I am me.:cigar
Old 08-30-2012, 12:48 PM   #19
CharmingButch25
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
As just me!
Preferred Pronoun?:
Hy,Hym,
Relationship Status:

CharmingButch25 Has the BEST ReputationCharmingButch25 Has the BEST ReputationCharmingButch25 Has the BEST ReputationCharmingButch25 Has the BEST ReputationCharmingButch25 Has the BEST ReputationCharmingButch25 Has the BEST ReputationCharmingButch25 Has the BEST ReputationCharmingButch25 Has the BEST ReputationCharmingButch25 Has the BEST ReputationCharmingButch25 Has the BEST ReputationCharmingButch25 Has the BEST Reputation

I apologize if that reference offended you , I didn't realize but I dont like them being called that either I just didn't know what else they are called, tank tops I guess hope that's better , id take the reference out of my post but cant from my phone.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to CharmingButch25 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-30-2012, 12:49 PM   #20
CharmingButch25
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
As just me!
Preferred Pronoun?:
Hy,Hym,
Relationship Status:

That was exactly what I was trying to say thank you ,Nik
The Following User Says Thank You to CharmingButch25 For This Useful Post:

Tags
passing