Old 09-05-2012, 01:54 PM   #101
ruffryder

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
guy ones
Relationship Status:

Thanked 9,678 Times in 2,875 Posts
ruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputation

What do you think people perceive Thomas Beatie to be, a man? Well he is, even if he is getting impregnated. He is ready for his fourth child and says if his current g/f can't have the child, he will again. I just have to wonder what people assume about this. . or even Chaz when he went on Dancing With the Stars. There are those that love these people for who they are and coming out and sharing their lives with the public, then there are others who do not agree with the whole lifestyle or say they aren't men. I am actually glad there are trans like this out in the community to enlighten people that they are men too. I know this is a butch thread but I wanted to share this to show that men come in all variations and men come from identifying as lesbian and then as butch also (in Chaz's case). I think when it comes to identifying as male-identified butch and trans man it does have to do with the word man and instead of "assuming" people should just embrace. That includes all the gender identities on the spectrum.

ruffryder is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ruffryder For This Useful Post:
Old 09-05-2012, 04:03 PM   #102
starryeyes

How Do You Identify?:
a round peg in a square hole
Preferred Pronoun?:
Guess...
Relationship Status:
Seat taken

Thanked 10,057 Times in 2,078 Posts
starryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
Sorry I can't help you GG. I'm still trying to understand why a bio male, would want to pass as a butch, but who also is a male identified butch, and not a gay guy, who wants people to assume their a female identified butch, and not trans.
Kinda off topic but I watched a show on NatGeo or something about Transfolk where they featured a section of the straight male population that want to transition into the butches. Also, in Ivan Coyotes new novel, I believe I read some stories written by a few of these transfolk. I never knew of this population. We are a very diverse world, we are!

Starry
starryeyes is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to starryeyes For This Useful Post:
Old 09-05-2012, 04:48 PM   #103
Parker
Timed Out - Permanent

How Do You Identify?:
Butch. Lesbian. Dyke. Woman. Female.
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, of course!
Relationship Status:
Content

Thanked 11,730 Times in 2,432 Posts
Parker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrahamsGirl View Post
I have a question and I am only asking because I truly do not know or understand:

How does a transguy pass as a transguy and not a straight guy? (Sorry if that is worded wrong.) I really want to get a visual/understanding on this. Thanks. GG
You might get a better answer and a better understanding of trans guys if you asked this in a trans thread and/or in the trans zone.

Here, we are making a concerted effort to discuss butches who may or may not pass as male, whether they are trying to or not, and whether they find these assumptions ok - so you may not find an answer to your question in this particular thread.
Parker is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Parker For This Useful Post:
Old 09-05-2012, 05:00 PM   #104
WintergreenGem

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Ms, Miss
Relationship Status:
Married to Graham

WintergreenGem Has the BEST ReputationWintergreenGem Has the BEST ReputationWintergreenGem Has the BEST ReputationWintergreenGem Has the BEST ReputationWintergreenGem Has the BEST ReputationWintergreenGem Has the BEST ReputationWintergreenGem Has the BEST ReputationWintergreenGem Has the BEST ReputationWintergreenGem Has the BEST ReputationWintergreenGem Has the BEST ReputationWintergreenGem Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parker View Post
You might get a better answer and a better understanding of trans guys if you asked this in a trans thread and/or in the trans zone.

Here, we are making a concerted effort to discuss butches who may or may not pass as male, whether they are trying to or not, and whether they find these assumptions ok - so you may not find an answer to your question in this particular thread.
Thanks Parker. I will do, I only asked after I read a post in the thread. Sorry.
Old 09-05-2012, 05:04 PM   #105
Parker
Timed Out - Permanent

How Do You Identify?:
Butch. Lesbian. Dyke. Woman. Female.
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, of course!
Relationship Status:
Content

Thanked 11,730 Times in 2,432 Posts
Parker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST Reputation

No apology necessary.
Parker is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Parker For This Useful Post:
Old 09-08-2012, 09:24 PM   #106
Maverick

How Do You Identify?:
Transman
Preferred Pronoun?:
they/them
Relationship Status:
encumbered

Maverick Has the BEST ReputationMaverick Has the BEST ReputationMaverick Has the BEST ReputationMaverick Has the BEST ReputationMaverick Has the BEST ReputationMaverick Has the BEST ReputationMaverick Has the BEST ReputationMaverick Has the BEST ReputationMaverick Has the BEST ReputationMaverick Has the BEST ReputationMaverick Has the BEST Reputation

This whole topic is extremely interesting to me as I am in the midst of struggling with my own gender issues. As it stands now I certainly expect that people will recognize me as female as that's the body that I am in. How could they possibly know how I feel inside? That said, there is an occasional sir from people who only catch a quick glance and don't take the time to notice the whole person. I don't get offended at all and usually don't say anything unless it's important that they know I'm female (like at a doctor's office). In the past, I have gotten upset with people for seeing me as male but I attribute that to my own internal conflict over the issue...not theirs.
Maverick is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Maverick For This Useful Post:

Tags
passing