stephfromMIT
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Troll
Preferred Pronoun?:
she her
Relationship Status:
engaged to my fiancee Amanda

stephfromMIT Has the BEST ReputationstephfromMIT Has the BEST ReputationstephfromMIT Has the BEST ReputationstephfromMIT Has the BEST ReputationstephfromMIT Has the BEST ReputationstephfromMIT Has the BEST ReputationstephfromMIT Has the BEST ReputationstephfromMIT Has the BEST ReputationstephfromMIT Has the BEST ReputationstephfromMIT Has the BEST ReputationstephfromMIT Has the BEST Reputation
Smile Butches who don't bind

Binding was mentioned in my "non-packing" thread. So I thought I'd ask about it. I don't, mostly because I have nothing to bind. (my muscles made my boobs disappear)
stephfromMIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 09:22 PM   #2
SleepyButch

How Do You Identify?:
Dude
Preferred Pronoun?:
He, Him
Relationship Status:
Taken

Thanked 11,244 Times in 2,753 Posts
SleepyButch Has the BEST ReputationSleepyButch Has the BEST ReputationSleepyButch Has the BEST ReputationSleepyButch Has the BEST ReputationSleepyButch Has the BEST ReputationSleepyButch Has the BEST ReputationSleepyButch Has the BEST ReputationSleepyButch Has the BEST ReputationSleepyButch Has the BEST ReputationSleepyButch Has the BEST ReputationSleepyButch Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephfromMIT View Post
Binding was mentioned in my "non-packing" thread. So I thought I'd ask about it. I don't, mostly because I have nothing to bind. (my muscles made my boobs disappear)
I don't bind. Mine are not that big now. They used to be quite large and I hated them but never did the binding thing. Nothing wrong with doing it, it just wasn't something I chose to do.

I had a reduction several years ago and I am much happier and don't mind showing them now.

You cannot embrace those things that will not embrace you back.
SleepyButch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to SleepyButch For This Useful Post:
Old 09-10-2012, 12:35 AM   #3
Rockinonahigh

How Do You Identify?:
stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
makes no diffrence,I know who I am.
Relationship Status:
single,maybe looking if the right person comes along.

Thanked 14,937 Times in 3,936 Posts
Rockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST Reputation

I wear a spandex compresion shirt,I get them at wall mart or acadamy sports store.They cost around$13.00 more or less,they need to be snug enough to hold what you have without hindering you breathing,the body comes to my waist but I cut it short enough to be a half shirt.What works well is if you have a waist ban snug enough to hold the body down if its not croped short.Not long ago I found they were selling spandex suport shorts,I bought a couple of pair t try it out and have found when its a snug fit without being to tight I get good abb and low back suport.Warning these tend to tighten as the day goes on(the pants) so good fit is a must...cutting the blood cicculation off is a nono.I dont think these shirts will do much for someone that is heavy chested but i'm not so it works.Plus they come in several colors.
Rockinonahigh is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Rockinonahigh For This Useful Post:
Old 09-10-2012, 12:44 AM   #4
Martina

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 18,366 Times in 4,171 Posts
Martina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
I don't, mostly because I have nothing to bind. (my muscles made my boobs disappear)
If you were big chested, would you bind?
Martina is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Martina For This Useful Post:
Old 09-10-2012, 12:56 AM   #5
stephfromMIT
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Troll
Preferred Pronoun?:
she her
Relationship Status:
engaged to my fiancee Amanda

stephfromMIT Has the BEST ReputationstephfromMIT Has the BEST ReputationstephfromMIT Has the BEST ReputationstephfromMIT Has the BEST ReputationstephfromMIT Has the BEST ReputationstephfromMIT Has the BEST ReputationstephfromMIT Has the BEST ReputationstephfromMIT Has the BEST ReputationstephfromMIT Has the BEST ReputationstephfromMIT Has the BEST ReputationstephfromMIT Has the BEST Reputation
Cool

Martina-Good question! It's the unaswerable question.
stephfromMIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 01:51 AM   #6
Kobi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Biological female. Lesbian.
Relationship Status:
Happy

39 Highscores

Thanked 34,661 Times in 7,652 Posts
Kobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST Reputation

I am a butch woman. I am large chested. I like my female body parts and those femmes who appreciate them. They are parts of the woman I am. I am proud of them. And I like them to show.

Thus, I would never bind them as I have no need or desire to disguise them or hide them.

Kobi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 19 Users Say Thank You to Kobi For This Useful Post:
Old 09-10-2012, 01:59 AM   #7
Martina

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 18,366 Times in 4,171 Posts
Martina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Martina-Good question! It's the unaswerable question.
So basically, you just happen not to bind. The title of the thread is "Butches who don't bind." You said you thought you'd ask about it. What do you want to know? Are you just interested in what people do in general or specifically in the decisions made by butches who don't bind? I assume the latter given your topic. If so, what about that decision interests you, given that you don't have to make it?

Also, pointing out that you don't have to bind because you are muscley is asserting a certain privilege. But maybe you knew that.
Martina is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to Martina For This Useful Post:
Old 09-10-2012, 04:06 AM   #8
Words

How Do You Identify?:
Queer femme submissive
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 4,261 Times in 677 Posts
Words Has the BEST ReputationWords Has the BEST ReputationWords Has the BEST ReputationWords Has the BEST ReputationWords Has the BEST ReputationWords Has the BEST ReputationWords Has the BEST ReputationWords Has the BEST ReputationWords Has the BEST ReputationWords Has the BEST ReputationWords Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martina View Post
So basically, you just happen not to bind. The title of the thread is "Butches who don't bind." You said you thought you'd ask about it. What do you want to know? Are you just interested in what people do in general or specifically in the decisions made by butches who don't bind? I assume the latter given your topic. If so, what about that decision interests you, given that you don't have to make it?

Also, pointing out that you don't have to bind because you are muscley is asserting a certain privilege. But maybe you knew that.
What Martina said.
Words is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Words For This Useful Post:
Old 09-10-2012, 04:41 AM   #9
jac
Timed Out - Permanent

How Do You Identify?:
butch stone
Preferred Pronoun?:
masculine ones work best...
Relationship Status:
♥ engaged to spritz ♥

Thanked 16,492 Times in 2,972 Posts
jac Has the BEST Reputationjac Has the BEST Reputationjac Has the BEST Reputationjac Has the BEST Reputationjac Has the BEST Reputationjac Has the BEST Reputationjac Has the BEST Reputationjac Has the BEST Reputationjac Has the BEST Reputationjac Has the BEST Reputationjac Has the BEST Reputation

I don't bind.

Not that I haven't thought of it. I actually I have wanted to bind in the past and periodically in the present but first and foremost, I can't stand feeling constricted by clothing! I purposefully stretch shirts that feel snug in any way or buy a size bigger for the comfort of feeling loose and free. I just don't like bras and really don't like sports bras either, so I'm in a "bind" so to speak... (play on words).

I guess there are times I want my chest flattened but then again, for the most part, it's okay that it's there. I know if I lost some weight and did some lifting they would drop in size and tone up and I would be very content with that.

I do appreciate that my girl doesn't mind that I don't bind.... and is also okay if I chose to. It is however a part of the physical feminine in me that I am most accepting of. And I have mentioned to my mom, who is a breast cancer survivor for over 5 years, that if it was possible to give a breast transplant to survivors that matched with me, I would gladly give them up, otherwise I guess they're hanging around till the day I die... (another play on words)
jac is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to jac For This Useful Post:
Old 09-10-2012, 05:57 AM   #10
The_Lady_Snow
MILLION $$$ PUSSY

How Do You Identify?:
Kinky, Raw, Perverted, Uber Queer Alpha Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Iconic Ms.
Relationship Status:
Keeper of 3, only one has the map to my freckles

Thanked 80,119 Times in 15,678 Posts
The_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST Reputation
Question Curious in Albuquerque

Quote:

Are you writing a book!? You ask some deep questions!!!

Do any of the butches you know bind? Does Amanda have an opinion about it if you choose to? Have you thought about or tried binding?
"If you’re going to play these dirty games of ours, then you might as well indulge completely. It’s all about turning back into an animal and that’s the beauty of it. Place your guilt on the sidewalk and take a blow torch to it (guilt is usually worthless anyway). Be perverted, be filthy, do things that mannered people shouldn’t do. If you’re going to be gross then go for it and don’t wimp out."---Master Aiden

The_Lady_Snow is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to The_Lady_Snow For This Useful Post:
Old 09-10-2012, 06:02 AM   #11
bkisbutchenuff
PPoA - Southern Gentle Butch

How Do You Identify?:
BOI/Butch/Daddy
Preferred Pronoun?:
she, her, he, him, handsome, Daddy
Relationship Status:
Single. 😉

Thanked 10,845 Times in 2,247 Posts
bkisbutchenuff Has the BEST Reputationbkisbutchenuff Has the BEST Reputationbkisbutchenuff Has the BEST Reputationbkisbutchenuff Has the BEST Reputationbkisbutchenuff Has the BEST Reputationbkisbutchenuff Has the BEST Reputationbkisbutchenuff Has the BEST Reputationbkisbutchenuff Has the BEST Reputationbkisbutchenuff Has the BEST Reputationbkisbutchenuff Has the BEST Reputationbkisbutchenuff Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

My personal preferance is to not bind....when all is said and done - I'm female and appreciate what I have to offer...my girls are my girls....

"We cannot change the cards we are dealt, just how we play the hand." Randy Pausch.
bkisbutchenuff is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to bkisbutchenuff For This Useful Post:
Old 09-10-2012, 06:25 AM   #12
jac
Timed Out - Permanent

How Do You Identify?:
butch stone
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
♥ engaged to spritz ♥

jac Has the BEST Reputationjac Has the BEST Reputationjac Has the BEST Reputationjac Has the BEST Reputationjac Has the BEST Reputationjac Has the BEST Reputationjac Has the BEST Reputationjac Has the BEST Reputationjac Has the BEST Reputationjac Has the BEST Reputationjac Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Lady_Snow View Post
Are you writing a book!? You ask some deep questions!!!
I have wondered the same thing!! Of course I have also wondered if Steph is doing some sort of MIT research/thesis for that next degree... Hmmmm are ya?
I like the questions... It's brought new perspective to the place and has created conversation and community interaction. Just curious though....
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to jac For This Useful Post:
Old 09-10-2012, 06:25 AM   #13
Words

How Do You Identify?:
Queer femme submissive
Relationship Status:
Married

Words Has the BEST ReputationWords Has the BEST ReputationWords Has the BEST ReputationWords Has the BEST ReputationWords Has the BEST ReputationWords Has the BEST ReputationWords Has the BEST ReputationWords Has the BEST ReputationWords Has the BEST ReputationWords Has the BEST ReputationWords Has the BEST Reputation

Know what I'm really not getting here Steph?

You said somewhere else I believe something to the effect of ''to my annoyance/whatever'' I pass. Yet according to what you write, everything about you speaks to your wanting to look super duper masculine. You don't shave your body hair. You were masculine clothing. You work out to the point where your 'boobs' have disappeared (which, unless you were more or less flat to begin with, I find amazing since even the world's best female bodybuilders still have what appear to be breasts).

So my question is, is there any step you've taken to help folks realize you're female, thereby doing away with any confusion? Not saying you should have to...simply wondering why, if passing is so annoying for you, you might not have.

Words
The Following 19 Users Say Thank You to Words For This Useful Post:
Old 09-10-2012, 06:36 AM   #14
The_Lady_Snow
MILLION $$$ PUSSY

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Iconic Ms.
Relationship Status:

The_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST Reputation
Arrow Things that make you go hmmm..

Quote:
Originally Posted by stone4play View Post
I have wondered the same thing!! Of course I have also wondered if Steph is doing some sort of MIT research/thesis for that next degree... Hmmmm are ya?
I like the questions... It's brought new perspective to the place and has created conversation and community interaction. Just curious though....

Well that's what I thought, but steph said she's not had any gender studies classes. The topics are definitely loaded and not only has good convos happened but damn some ugly shits been said as well all in the name of opinion.

I'm curious as to how stephs real time experiences with butches are.
"If you’re going to play these dirty games of ours, then you might as well indulge completely. It’s all about turning back into an animal and that’s the beauty of it. Place your guilt on the sidewalk and take a blow torch to it (guilt is usually worthless anyway). Be perverted, be filthy, do things that mannered people shouldn’t do. If you’re going to be gross then go for it and don’t wimp out."---Master Aiden

The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to The_Lady_Snow For This Useful Post:
Old 09-10-2012, 06:40 AM   #15
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

Thanked 54,956 Times in 13,922 Posts
girl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Well that's what I thought, but steph said she's not had any gender studies classes. The topics are definitely loaded and not only has good convos happened but damn some ugly shits been said as well all in the name of opinion.

Yes and if my opinion is part of some official research project i'd like to know.
girl_dee is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to girl_dee For This Useful Post:
Old 09-10-2012, 06:47 AM   #16
jac
Timed Out - Permanent

How Do You Identify?:
butch stone
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
♥ engaged to spritz ♥

Quote:

I find it interesting to be asking such intense questions of the community if not for curiosity of her own accord or for information gathering.... I would like to think that if these questions and answers are being used for anything other than her own personal curiosity and questioning within herself, that Steph has enough integrity and professional ethics to give fair knowledge to those of us participating. Not saying this is the case... but I won't say it hasn't crossed my mind. Exploitation is a serious offense...
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to jac For This Useful Post:
Old 09-10-2012, 06:48 AM   #17
The_Lady_Snow
MILLION $$$ PUSSY

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Iconic Ms.
Relationship Status:

Arrow Hmmm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cajun_dee View Post
Yes and if my opinion is part of some official research project i'd like to know.

I guess if it feels creepy deep down I'd not engage with steph. It's a bit obvious she likes hot topics and that her wording is either a thought out process or she has issues knowing how to post or what verbiage to use(though it's hard to believe considering the MIT background)

If she's using this community as guinea pigs I hope she's got permission from folks before doing so. Reality is that we'll never really know cause computer screens hide a lottttt, for all we know she's a doctor or somethin'..

<-- only plays a doctor during consensual scenes

The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to The_Lady_Snow For This Useful Post:
Old 09-10-2012, 06:51 AM   #18
weatherboi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Owned boy
Preferred Pronoun?:
Hey boy!!!
Relationship Status:
counting freckles slowly under Her direction!!!

Thanked 12,559 Times in 2,993 Posts
weatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by stone4play View Post
Funny I don't see these threads she has started as a place for conversation or community interaction. I see them as space that has been created for people to freely say some pretty judgmental opinions about what doesn't work for them instead of just focusing on what does work for them personally.

Binding is hard on the body, and done long term can cause permanent damage. If somebody doesn't have to do it then don't and be happy for it.
Old 09-10-2012, 06:52 AM   #19
Words

How Do You Identify?:
Queer femme submissive
Relationship Status:
Married

Official research doesn't bother me as much as the thought of someone getting their jollies by asking questions that bear no relevance whatsoever to their life/their experience. Sorry steph, but this is a bit like me coming in and asking whether big breasted femmes have trouble finding extra large bras when I'm a modest 36B and have no desire to increase my bust size.

I'm really not trying to silence you and I'm trying to be as tactful as possible but in your enthusiasm to facilitate conversation, do you not ever stop to think about the way in which your question will be perceived?

Words
Old 09-10-2012, 06:59 AM   #20
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

Thanked 54,956 Times in 13,922 Posts
girl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
I guess if it feels creepy deep down I'd not engage with steph. It's a bit obvious she likes hot topics and that her wording is either a thought out process or she has issues knowing how to post or what verbiage to use(though it's hard to believe considering the MIT background)

If she's using this community as guinea pigs I hope she's got permission from folks before doing so. Reality is that we'll never really know cause computer screens hide a lottttt, for all we know she's a doctor or somethin'..

<-- only plays a doctor during consensual scenes
This part exactly, i love hot subjects because i do like thinking beyond the fluff stuff at times, and if not for certain hot subjects i don't think i would have learned as much along the way, i feel i have grown as a person and a femme by reading words of others. i've changed my perspective on things because of this, and now i wonder what took me so long.

i appreciate the conversation, but Steph ya seem to have come out of nowhere with very pointed thread titles without much offer as to why or what your experiences are yourself.

girl_dee is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to girl_dee For This Useful Post:

Tags
binding