Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > HEALTH: BODY, MIND, SPIRIT > Body Beauty, Lifestyles

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-05-2010, 08:22 PM   #1
Mrs. Strutt

How Do You Identify?:
Stone Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/Her
Relationship Status:
16 Years as Queen of Hys Castle

Mrs. Strutt Has the BEST ReputationMrs. Strutt Has the BEST ReputationMrs. Strutt Has the BEST ReputationMrs. Strutt Has the BEST ReputationMrs. Strutt Has the BEST ReputationMrs. Strutt Has the BEST ReputationMrs. Strutt Has the BEST ReputationMrs. Strutt Has the BEST ReputationMrs. Strutt Has the BEST ReputationMrs. Strutt Has the BEST ReputationMrs. Strutt Has the BEST Reputation
Default Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder

I've been watching A&E's "Obsessed" recently and have gotten quite the education about living with severe Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder. And it occurred to me how often I make little jokes about having OCD myself. I've come to realize, though, that while none of my behaviors are extreme to the point of threatening my daily functioning or relationships, I truly do have a mild form of this disorder.

My OCD seems to take the form of obsession with order, symmetry and "balance" in my environment. Pictures, knick-knacks and other items of decor have to be placed equi-distant and at proper right angles. A picture hanging even slightly askew on a wall can drive me nuts. Shoes have to be placed right next to each other so they are neatly lined up and "match" in angle and distance. Differently-colored flowers in a bunch need to be arranged in a vase so the colors are evenly distributed. If I notice something is "out of balance" and I don't stop to fix it before I leave the house, I will literally have to reverse course and go back to correct it or it will make me mildly anxious all day.

I do know that these behaviors have gotten better as I have gotten older...but I wonder how much less time I would spend fussing and arranging my environment if I didn't have OCD at all.

Has anyone else seen the show or have OCD?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...FLR/sunset.jpg

"If I can put one touch of rosy sunset into the life of any man or woman,
I shall feel that I have worked with God."

- Gilbert Keith Chesterton
Mrs. Strutt is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mrs. Strutt For This Useful Post: