J. Mason
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Banned 11/9/2011 - Previously banned member back under new name
Preferred Pronoun?:
He and His
Relationship Status:
Single

J. Mason Has the BEST ReputationJ. Mason Has the BEST ReputationJ. Mason Has the BEST ReputationJ. Mason Has the BEST ReputationJ. Mason Has the BEST ReputationJ. Mason Has the BEST ReputationJ. Mason Has the BEST ReputationJ. Mason Has the BEST ReputationJ. Mason Has the BEST ReputationJ. Mason Has the BEST ReputationJ. Mason Has the BEST Reputation

Just Go With It and Something Borrowed!
J. Mason is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to J. Mason For This Useful Post:
Old 08-27-2011, 05:28 AM   #2
NJFemmie

How Do You Identify?:
The original lime-twisted femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
I answer to most things, especially lesbian.
Relationship Status:
Still loving my Mare ;)

3 Highscores

Thanked 11,424 Times in 2,978 Posts
NJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST Reputation

Red Riding Hood

and Arthur.

NJFemmie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to NJFemmie For This Useful Post:
Old 08-27-2011, 04:22 PM   #3
Sassy

How Do You Identify?:
Female
Relationship Status:
Together

Thanked 1,928 Times in 460 Posts
Sassy Has the BEST ReputationSassy Has the BEST ReputationSassy Has the BEST ReputationSassy Has the BEST ReputationSassy Has the BEST ReputationSassy Has the BEST ReputationSassy Has the BEST ReputationSassy Has the BEST ReputationSassy Has the BEST ReputationSassy Has the BEST ReputationSassy Has the BEST Reputation

Re-watched "Ocean's 11" before work today. I love that through the whole film Brad Pitt's character is constantly snacking but never gets a stain on those wild suits he wears. (Best line in the film comes at the end: "Ted Nugent called. He wants his shirt back.") Julia Roberts irritates me in that film -- which is sad 'cause I normally like her. But they put her in high heels and she just can't walk like a lady -- stomp stomp stomp -- walks like a linebacker through the whole film. LOL.

The movie theater is expensive and I've stopped buying movies OnDemand at home. Cable TV is lame right now. Every movie channel is showing the Lord of the Rings trilogy and the Pirates of the Caribbean franchise... omg I've seen them a thousand times now. *laughs* We bought a new (to us/used) TV recently, but I haven't had time/energy to figure out how to hook up the DVD player (We are not electronically inclined in my home.). I'm at a loss for entertainment. Oh wait... I'll go finish one of those books I'm reading ... *laughs*
Sassy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 09:27 PM   #4
JAGG
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
JAGG
Relationship Status:
=)

1 Highscore

Thanked 17,543 Times in 4,141 Posts
JAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST Reputation
Talking

Took my niece to see Dolphin Tales. It's based on a true story. I thought the movie was excellent. But I love dolphins so my opinion might be a little bias.
Old 10-01-2011, 10:26 PM   #5
Alurra

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
feminine ones
Relationship Status:
Single and social!

Thanked 1,264 Times in 348 Posts
Alurra Has the BEST ReputationAlurra Has the BEST ReputationAlurra Has the BEST ReputationAlurra Has the BEST ReputationAlurra Has the BEST ReputationAlurra Has the BEST ReputationAlurra Has the BEST ReputationAlurra Has the BEST ReputationAlurra Has the BEST ReputationAlurra Has the BEST ReputationAlurra Has the BEST Reputation
Last movie I saw was Harry Potter. Good I guess, kinda dark. I'm not a big fan.

Before that was Sucker Punch. I really like that. Sexy fantasy, lots of girls in short skirts kicking butt. Had it's dark moments too, but overall very visually entertaining.

We don’t see things as they are,
we see them as we are. ~ Anais Nin
Alurra is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Alurra For This Useful Post:
Old 10-01-2011, 10:54 PM   #6
T4Texas

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:
Ready to play again!

T4Texas Has the BEST ReputationT4Texas Has the BEST ReputationT4Texas Has the BEST ReputationT4Texas Has the BEST ReputationT4Texas Has the BEST ReputationT4Texas Has the BEST ReputationT4Texas Has the BEST ReputationT4Texas Has the BEST ReputationT4Texas Has the BEST ReputationT4Texas Has the BEST ReputationT4Texas Has the BEST Reputation

8 Seconds, the story of the late bullrider Lane Frost. Sad story, average acting.
Old 10-01-2011, 11:27 PM   #7
SoNotHer

How Do You Identify?:
Professional Sandbagger and Jenga Zumba Instructor

Location: In the master control room of my world domination dreams
Thanked 4,736 Times in 1,409 Posts
SoNotHer Has the BEST ReputationSoNotHer Has the BEST ReputationSoNotHer Has the BEST ReputationSoNotHer Has the BEST ReputationSoNotHer Has the BEST ReputationSoNotHer Has the BEST ReputationSoNotHer Has the BEST ReputationSoNotHer Has the BEST ReputationSoNotHer Has the BEST ReputationSoNotHer Has the BEST ReputationSoNotHer Has the BEST Reputation

I loved The Help. Great story and great acting throughout. Viola Davis is mesmerizing - so much conveyed by her face. I want to see her in more. I want to see Dolphin Tales and Ides of March. Thank you for the recommendation, Jagg.

A student kept telling me to see a film that came in 2004 called, Something the Lord Made with Alan Rickman and Mos Def. He thought I'd enjoy the story set in Baltimore and at my alma mater. He was right. Rickman is his usual awesome, and I would love to see Mos Def in much more. Def blew me away in this excellent story that's highly recommended.

Old 10-07-2011, 11:06 AM   #8
Elijah

How Do You Identify?:
Genderqueer Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Masculine ones
Relationship Status:
Open to healthy possibilities...

Thanked 1,628 Times in 393 Posts
Elijah Has the BEST ReputationElijah Has the BEST ReputationElijah Has the BEST ReputationElijah Has the BEST ReputationElijah Has the BEST ReputationElijah Has the BEST ReputationElijah Has the BEST ReputationElijah Has the BEST ReputationElijah Has the BEST ReputationElijah Has the BEST ReputationElijah Has the BEST Reputation

I love, love, loved this movie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoNotHer View Post
I loved The Help. Great story and great acting throughout. Viola Davis is mesmerizing - so much conveyed by her face. I want to see her in more. I want to see Dolphin Tales and Ides of March. Thank you for the recommendation, Jagg.

A student kept telling me to see a film that came in 2004 called, Something the Lord Made with Alan Rickman and Mos Def. He thought I'd enjoy the story set in Baltimore and at my alma mater. He was right. Rickman is his usual awesome, and I would love to see Mos Def in much more. Def blew me away in this excellent story that's highly recommended.

~Washington Irving
Elijah is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Elijah For This Useful Post:
Old 12-27-2011, 12:15 PM   #9
WomenMoveMe

How Do You Identify?:
I just wander about and be!
Relationship Status:
Caution: Dead End

Thanked 2,101 Times in 417 Posts
WomenMoveMe Has the BEST ReputationWomenMoveMe Has the BEST ReputationWomenMoveMe Has the BEST ReputationWomenMoveMe Has the BEST ReputationWomenMoveMe Has the BEST ReputationWomenMoveMe Has the BEST ReputationWomenMoveMe Has the BEST ReputationWomenMoveMe Has the BEST ReputationWomenMoveMe Has the BEST ReputationWomenMoveMe Has the BEST ReputationWomenMoveMe Has the BEST Reputation
Default 'The King of Masks'

Chinese...1997...a beautiful movie!!

Wang is 'The King of Masks', an aged street performer who practices the change-mask opera art of 'bian lian'. He laments that he has no male heirs to carry on his mysterious and complicated art and trade. At an illegal child market, Wang buys what he believes to be an orphan boy to become his adopted grandson and apprentice.

However, Wang soon learns his new disciple is in fact a girl. As tradition dictates that he cannot pass his art onto a girl, he tries to abandon her, but she stubbornly stays with him. While looking at his masks, she accidentally sets his humble residence on fire. Out of guilt, she runs away.

When Wang is falsely accused of kidnapping a rich family's child, he is thrown in jail. His former disciple goes to one of his friends, a famous performer in the local opera, threatening to kill herself if he or any of his guests, including a local military leader, are unable to help Wang. The King of Masks is eventually freed, and he finally accepts the girl as his granddaughter and teaches her his art.
WomenMoveMe is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to WomenMoveMe For This Useful Post:
Old 12-27-2011, 10:40 PM   #10
Passionaria

How Do You Identify?:
Urban Bohemian : http://youtu.be/IM96Ch9Gx4A

Thanked 3,735 Times in 1,249 Posts
Passionaria Has the BEST ReputationPassionaria Has the BEST ReputationPassionaria Has the BEST ReputationPassionaria Has the BEST ReputationPassionaria Has the BEST ReputationPassionaria Has the BEST ReputationPassionaria Has the BEST ReputationPassionaria Has the BEST ReputationPassionaria Has the BEST ReputationPassionaria Has the BEST ReputationPassionaria Has the BEST Reputation

Someone bought me the extended version of Lord of the Rings this summer. I proceeded to put it in one of "those safe places" and found it on Christmas. I am LOVING this series. I have to admit I am crushing on the elf people. I have watched about 6 hours, and am half way through it. it.
Old 12-27-2011, 10:49 PM   #11
Novelafemme
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 8,925 Times in 1,834 Posts
Novelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST Reputation

Just saw the American version of The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo. It was pretty good but not as good as the original. I watched the trilogy in its entirety while recuperating from surgery and absolutely fell in love.
Novelafemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Novelafemme For This Useful Post:
Old 12-28-2011, 12:32 AM   #12
fever

How Do You Identify?:
stonefemme
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 1,280 Times in 357 Posts
fever Has the BEST Reputationfever Has the BEST Reputationfever Has the BEST Reputationfever Has the BEST Reputationfever Has the BEST Reputationfever Has the BEST Reputationfever Has the BEST Reputationfever Has the BEST Reputationfever Has the BEST Reputationfever Has the BEST Reputationfever Has the BEST Reputation
Default Girl with Dragon Tattoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatalinaRose View Post
Just saw the American version of The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo. It was pretty good but not as good as the original. I watched the trilogy in its entirety while recuperating from surgery and absolutely fell in love.
Catalina, I agree wth you. It was pretty good, but not worth all the hype that has been advertised. I am going to read the book to try and piece together parts I didn't at all understand.
fever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 11:31 AM   #13
Leigh
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her, etc
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 13,026 Times in 4,786 Posts
Leigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST Reputation

About a weekend or two ago I saw the movie Jack and Jill, starring Adam Sandler. OMG thats a hilarious movie, but heartwarming and cute at the same time

Leigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 11:39 AM   #14
lettertodaddy

How Do You Identify?:
dorky queer femme bottom
Preferred Pronoun?:
feminine ones
Relationship Status:
single, dammit.

lettertodaddy Has the BEST Reputationlettertodaddy Has the BEST Reputationlettertodaddy Has the BEST Reputationlettertodaddy Has the BEST Reputationlettertodaddy Has the BEST Reputationlettertodaddy Has the BEST Reputationlettertodaddy Has the BEST Reputationlettertodaddy Has the BEST Reputationlettertodaddy Has the BEST Reputationlettertodaddy Has the BEST Reputationlettertodaddy Has the BEST Reputation

I saw Haywire over the weekend. It wasn't that great. I had trouble with the fight scenes. Yes, I know Gina Carano is an MMA fighter/Muy Thai boxer, and I know she can hold her own against any man, but I'm still not used to seeing men beat up women in movies. Yes she bested all of her opponents, but it still made me a little uneasy.

It did make me want to go to the gym in a big bad way, though. Her body and the things she can do with it is astounding.

The meaning behind my screen name:
lettertodaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 09:25 AM   #15
Quintease

How Do You Identify?:
Rainbow femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
princess
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 1,816 Times in 417 Posts
Quintease Has the BEST ReputationQuintease Has the BEST ReputationQuintease Has the BEST ReputationQuintease Has the BEST ReputationQuintease Has the BEST ReputationQuintease Has the BEST ReputationQuintease Has the BEST ReputationQuintease Has the BEST ReputationQuintease Has the BEST ReputationQuintease Has the BEST ReputationQuintease Has the BEST Reputation

Omg, The Five Year Engagement, PLEASE DON'T WATCH IT!

We walked out half way through as it was so bad. Not just dull, bad!
Old 07-01-2012, 11:45 AM   #16
Scuba

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:
Flying Solo

Thanked 8,048 Times in 1,618 Posts
Scuba Has the BEST ReputationScuba Has the BEST ReputationScuba Has the BEST ReputationScuba Has the BEST ReputationScuba Has the BEST ReputationScuba Has the BEST ReputationScuba Has the BEST ReputationScuba Has the BEST ReputationScuba Has the BEST ReputationScuba Has the BEST ReputationScuba Has the BEST Reputation

Transsiberian ... excellent!!!

~~Bob Richardson~~
Scuba is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Scuba For This Useful Post:
Old 07-01-2012, 02:36 PM   #17
cinnamongrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
cleverly disguised as a responsible adult*
Preferred Pronoun?:
wild woman
Relationship Status:
No, thank you.

Location: in my heart I'm going to Carolina...but I'm in MA for now
Thanked 27,418 Times in 6,879 Posts
cinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputation

I watched RV with my honey before we made the plunge
cinnamongrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to cinnamongrrl For This Useful Post:
Old 07-03-2012, 01:33 PM   #18
Fancy

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
N/A

Thanked 7,097 Times in 2,322 Posts
Fancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST Reputation

Martha Marcy May Marlene

About a woman who leaves a cult and the impact it continues to have on her memory or recovery. Well done if somewhat disturbing. The ending sucked (imo).
Fancy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 10:40 PM   #19
puddin'
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
a genderqueer nuisance
Preferred Pronoun?:
bitchboi

Thanked 7,972 Times in 2,344 Posts
puddin' Has the BEST Reputationpuddin' Has the BEST Reputationpuddin' Has the BEST Reputationpuddin' Has the BEST Reputationpuddin' Has the BEST Reputationpuddin' Has the BEST Reputationpuddin' Has the BEST Reputationpuddin' Has the BEST Reputationpuddin' Has the BEST Reputationpuddin' Has the BEST Reputationpuddin' Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

"kung fu panda, 2" (animation is jus' fun as i say!)
"abduction" (nice action flick)
"serenity" (not a bad sci-fi film)
Old 07-03-2012, 11:52 PM   #20
Gentle Tiger

How Do You Identify?:
As a Tiger of course
Preferred Pronoun?:
Not the Old Man
Relationship Status:
Two Tigers

Thanked 15,995 Times in 3,996 Posts
Gentle Tiger Has the BEST ReputationGentle Tiger Has the BEST ReputationGentle Tiger Has the BEST ReputationGentle Tiger Has the BEST ReputationGentle Tiger Has the BEST ReputationGentle Tiger Has the BEST ReputationGentle Tiger Has the BEST ReputationGentle Tiger Has the BEST ReputationGentle Tiger Has the BEST ReputationGentle Tiger Has the BEST ReputationGentle Tiger Has the BEST Reputation

Stage Beauty

Gentle Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
film, movie