thedivahrrrself

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Sapiosexual Femme
Relationship Status:
Mrs. Grumpy Cat

1 Highscore
Tournaments Won: 4

Thanked 11,662 Times in 2,292 Posts
thedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputationthedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputationthedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputationthedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputationthedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputationthedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputationthedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputationthedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputationthedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputationthedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputationthedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaneyDoll View Post
I have never had a problem with friends of any gender and/or identify. It is pretty obvious to people that I am in a relationship and happily so. If they want to challenge that then I am happy to show them the door.

I once had a very good butch friend. She called me her "translator" since she always did not understand the meaning behind her girlfriends' words. She only dates femmes and I am fluent in femme speak.

She and I were really good friends and it never crossed beyond friendship.

Personally, I think that if you are clear about your position in the beginning, you could save yourself trouble. Anyone who knows me knows to not tangle with my relationships. The closer someone is to me, the more protective I am of them.

I agree with Laney here. I have friends who are girls, guys, femmes, butches, Trans, andro, etc... I'm too old to be ruling anyone out for gender or identity; good friends are not that easy to find! (And I know what you mean about "translating," Laney LOL)

I've never been much of a "friends first" kind of girl. My friends are not a potential dating pool...unless I'm setting them up with each other!
thedivahrrrself is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to thedivahrrrself For This Useful Post:
Old 11-23-2012, 03:17 PM   #22
ruffryder

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
guy ones
Relationship Status:

Thanked 9,678 Times in 2,875 Posts
ruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJo View Post
Absolutely....with the caveat that both the partner and the friends need to respect the relationship.

I'm comfortable with a partner of mine having femme friends, butch friends, trans friends, straight friends, friends who are exes, whatever. If there's flirting and what, to me, seems to be boundary-crossing...then that's another issue.

I'm a one-person, person....and my partner needs to be as well or our relationship simply won't work.

This is my thinking on the subject. Nothing wrong with it. Anyone can be friends. My girl and I have friends from all genders on the spectrum. It all comes down to others acknowledging and respecting that we are in a relationship together and us trusting each other.
ruffryder is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ruffryder For This Useful Post:
Old 11-23-2012, 05:30 PM   #23
macele

How Do You Identify?:
a bold-assed maximus
Preferred Pronoun?:
she

Thanked 3,239 Times in 849 Posts
macele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputation

hey mistie.

i associate butch with lesbian. that's just me. nothing right or wrong in that. same thing with femme. and i think of both as women. i do understand others use the words. it's all good. i'm saying this because i don't think of femme as being opposite gender. not saying you do. i don't understand that part of your original post.

i either have self-control or i don't. i can be trusted or i can't. even in a relationship, i may be attracted to others, but i don't think i should act on those attractions. man, woman, child, ... i consider myself lucky to have a friend of any size, shape, or matter.

mac
macele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 01:43 PM   #24
Blade
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
TG
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
once in a while someone amazing comes along...and here I am!

Thanked 14,400 Times in 4,049 Posts
Blade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST Reputation

A few of my besties are femme. It has sometimes been an issue in relationships. Here's the thing, I'm as faithful as an ole dog, anyone who knows me will tell you that. I wouldn't cheat on anyone EVER.

That said, the person I partner with will have to understand, that my friends are exactly that, friends. They have been with me for the long haul and me with them. I won't give up my friends for a potential partner. If they are that jealous, insecure or needy, then we are probably not right for each other.

The best way to predict the future, is to create it.
Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Blade For This Useful Post:
Old 04-07-2013, 01:56 PM   #25
StrongButch

How Do You Identify?:
I see the world thru a lens
Preferred Pronoun?:
Yes Boss
Relationship Status:
Chillin out with awesome women

Thanked 4,185 Times in 1,179 Posts
StrongButch Has the BEST ReputationStrongButch Has the BEST ReputationStrongButch Has the BEST ReputationStrongButch Has the BEST ReputationStrongButch Has the BEST ReputationStrongButch Has the BEST ReputationStrongButch Has the BEST ReputationStrongButch Has the BEST ReputationStrongButch Has the BEST ReputationStrongButch Has the BEST ReputationStrongButch Has the BEST Reputation
Default Question

I have all kinds of friends. I dont base a friendship on how a person chooses to identify,sexual preference,race,religion,where they live,where they work or dont work. As they say we are family. I dont sleep with my friends. If I was interested in a femme believe me she would know it. (lol) I love my femme friends. You go girls!
Old 04-10-2013, 11:05 AM   #26
4everlonelyfemme

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
her
Relationship Status:
single

4everlonelyfemme is on a distinguished road

I can't be friends with butches, because they always think I'm hitting on them. And actually right now a friend of this other butch (who's dating some bimbo btw) is threatening to beat me up the next time I'm at the lesbian bar because of it.

I haven't done anything wrong to them

I'm just too unattractive I guess to have conversations with butches. They've never been anything but rude towards me.
4everlonelyfemme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 11:19 AM   #27
Angeltoes

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Nunya

Thanked 5,525 Times in 1,386 Posts
Angeltoes Has the BEST ReputationAngeltoes Has the BEST ReputationAngeltoes Has the BEST ReputationAngeltoes Has the BEST ReputationAngeltoes Has the BEST ReputationAngeltoes Has the BEST ReputationAngeltoes Has the BEST ReputationAngeltoes Has the BEST ReputationAngeltoes Has the BEST ReputationAngeltoes Has the BEST ReputationAngeltoes Has the BEST Reputation

4ever, I agreed with the part about it being hard to establish friendship with butches because they think I'm hitting on them too. I don't think I'm unattractive. I won't allow myself to feel that way and I don't think you should either. I'm not a fan of the word bimbo. Maybe because I can be a hair-flipping giggly femme and that has been misinterpreted by others all my life...it's sort of a sore spot.

The things that make it difficult for me to be friends with butches is that either they think I'm hitting on them or they literally want no part of me if I'm not 'available.'
Old 04-10-2013, 11:23 AM   #28
s0litude

How Do You Identify?:
Transman - HRT / No Surgery
Preferred Pronoun?:
Male
Relationship Status:
Single, but enjoying the journey....

Thanked 1,210 Times in 310 Posts
s0litude Has the BEST Reputations0litude Has the BEST Reputations0litude Has the BEST Reputations0litude Has the BEST Reputations0litude Has the BEST Reputations0litude Has the BEST Reputations0litude Has the BEST Reputations0litude Has the BEST Reputations0litude Has the BEST Reputations0litude Has the BEST Reputations0litude Has the BEST Reputation
Default Friends.....

I have no issue with how someone labels. I have femme friends who I find attractive. Doesn't mean anything will or could happen. Just means I have some really attractive friends.

I think as long as the boundaries are set and everyone knows where everyone stands, it's all good. Communication is key to any relationship-- romantic, platonic, etc.

Robert Frost
s0litude is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to s0litude For This Useful Post:
Old 04-10-2013, 11:26 AM   #29
Amante

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Relationship Status:
Going steady

Amante Has the BEST ReputationAmante Has the BEST ReputationAmante Has the BEST ReputationAmante Has the BEST ReputationAmante Has the BEST ReputationAmante Has the BEST ReputationAmante Has the BEST ReputationAmante Has the BEST ReputationAmante Has the BEST ReputationAmante Has the BEST ReputationAmante Has the BEST Reputation

Of course we can be friends! One of my very best friends is butch to the core, and our friendship is NOT a threat to either of our relationships.