Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > HEALTH: BODY, MIND, SPIRIT > Body Beauty, Lifestyles

Old 06-06-2010, 06:26 AM   #21
christie

How Do You Identify?:
A Force with which to be reckoned
Preferred Pronoun?:
just be nice...
Relationship Status:
I call her Mine

Thanked 2,476 Times in 706 Posts
christie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputation

We have really let this thread die!

Last week, I decided to give Savella a whirl. I have never had any success with antidepressants as pain management in regard to my fibro and I was very hesitant to walk this road again.

I'll keep updating after I titrate up to therapeutic dosing levels. So far (and I know its too early, but I am an immediate gratification kinda woman) nada. But - I remain hopeful!
christie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 10:35 AM   #22
Soft*Silver
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 15,621 Times in 3,976 Posts
Soft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST Reputation

Ihave been diagnosed with Akylosis Spondylitus. AS or AKA Bamboo back. My spinal column is actually fusing together. This also affects connective tissue, like ligaments and tendons. Inflammation of those can cause muscle soreness and pain. In other words, what they thought might have been fibro, could be just symptoms of AS. Its genetic too, so my family is all getting tested for it. And yes, many of them have been diagnosed with fibro.

I am currently on steroids, and cymbalta for this. I start injectables today. I am SO not wanting to do this. I am scared...

I also have shoulder spurs that have to be operated on. This is kicking up my Fibro/AS. But I need this done so I dont feel like a nail has been pounded in my shoulder top.

Old 03-23-2011, 09:17 PM   #23
Outlaw

How Do You Identify?:
Cocksure
Preferred Pronoun?:
Cotton Candy Swami
Relationship Status:
Loved and Loving

Outlaw Has the BEST ReputationOutlaw Has the BEST ReputationOutlaw Has the BEST ReputationOutlaw Has the BEST ReputationOutlaw Has the BEST ReputationOutlaw Has the BEST ReputationOutlaw Has the BEST ReputationOutlaw Has the BEST ReputationOutlaw Has the BEST ReputationOutlaw Has the BEST ReputationOutlaw Has the BEST Reputation
Default Quick ?

Has anyone tried Lyrica?
Old 03-23-2011, 09:28 PM   #24
Canela

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Babe, she, her, ella

Thanked 6,524 Times in 1,697 Posts
Canela Has the BEST ReputationCanela Has the BEST ReputationCanela Has the BEST ReputationCanela Has the BEST ReputationCanela Has the BEST ReputationCanela Has the BEST ReputationCanela Has the BEST ReputationCanela Has the BEST ReputationCanela Has the BEST ReputationCanela Has the BEST ReputationCanela Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outlaw View Post
Has anyone tried Lyrica?
I take Lyrica on an as needed basis and it works well for me...been taking it for the last 2 years or so.

Happiness is like a butterfly which,
when pursued, is always beyond our grasp,
but, if you will sit down quietly,
may alight upon you

~Nathaniel Hawthorne

Canela is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Canela For This Useful Post:
Old 03-24-2011, 12:33 AM   #25
AtLast
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
HER - SHE
Relationship Status:
Relating

Thanked 10,830 Times in 3,200 Posts
AtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by softness View Post
Ihave been diagnosed with Akylosis Spondylitus. AS or AKA Bamboo back. My spinal column is actually fusing together. This also affects connective tissue, like ligaments and tendons. Inflammation of those can cause muscle soreness and pain. In other words, what they thought might have been fibro, could be just symptoms of AS. Its genetic too, so my family is all getting tested for it. And yes, many of them have been diagnosed with fibro.

I am currently on steroids, and cymbalta for this. I start injectables today. I am SO not wanting to do this. I am scared...

I also have shoulder spurs that have to be operated on. This is kicking up my Fibro/AS. But I need this done so I dont feel like a nail has been pounded in my shoulder top.

I sure understand why you are scared, I would be too. Wishing you the best with this. I hope you have lots of support around you.

I have had bone spurs removed on my spine in the past and although it was a long surgery and recovery, I did have a good response.

Take good care! Let us know how you are doing.

I have fibro, but am now wit a new doc that is looking at other possibilities. Sucks!
AtLast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 08:16 AM   #26
christie

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
just be nice...
Relationship Status:
I call her Mine

christie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Has anyone tried Lyrica?
I have as has my father. I am not a fan.

I've also tried Savella. Not a fan of that, either!

What has done amazing things for me is establishing a relationship with a chiropractor. I'm fortunate that my health plan covers visits. I've been going once/twice a week for several months now and the difference the warm heat/TENS combined with adjustments is just short of my own personal miracle.

For the first time in almost a year, Jess is able to cuddle me in bed without my skin feeling as if I am on fire.

My shoulders and the burning pain across my upper back has eased - I have days like yesterday (after a chiro visit) that I am able to be the workaholic I am without it being such a struggle. I felt "good" - and that has been hard to come by.

I did see a new OTC/homeopathic ad for a fibro treatment. I have it on the list to do some label reading - I can't find a link for it, but I will post it as soon as I find it in the drug store.

Best of luck to you.
Christie
Old 03-24-2011, 08:25 AM   #27
lipstixgal

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
coupled

Thanked 1,690 Times in 1,064 Posts
lipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Has anyone tried Lyrica?
Yes I have lyrica and flexeril as well. I will try the savella next or the cymbalta if the doctor prescribes it to me..I only take the lyrica on a need be basis as it causes weight gain..
Old 03-24-2011, 08:28 AM   #28
lipstixgal

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
coupled

lipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by christie0918 View Post

What has done amazing things for me is establishing a relationship with a chiropractor. I'm fortunate that my health plan covers visits. I've been going once/twice a week for several months now and the difference the warm heat/TENS combined with adjustments is just short of my own personal miracle.

For the first time in almost a year, Jess is able to cuddle me in bed without my skin feeling as if I am on fire.

My shoulders and the burning pain across my upper back has eased - I have days like yesterday (after a chiro visit) that I am able to be the workaholic I am without it being such a struggle. I felt "good" - and that has been hard to come by.

I did see a new OTC/homeopathic ad for a fibro treatment. I have it on the list to do some label reading - I can't find a link for it, but I will post it as soon as I find it in the drug store.

Best of luck to you.
Christie
Chiropractic maybe I should look into that and see if my plan will cover. Does anybody work a full time job because I would like to work and make some money of my own and not rely on my trust fund so much?? Just wondering
Old 03-24-2011, 02:20 PM   #29
christie

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
just be nice...
Relationship Status:
I call her Mine

Quote:
Originally Posted by lipstixgal View Post
Chiropractic maybe I should look into that and see if my plan will cover. Does anybody work a full time job because I would like to work and make some money of my own and not rely on my trust fund so much?? Just wondering
I work more than a fulltime job - there are days that are 16 hours + for me. We actively parent a 17 year old and care for aging parents, have remodeled a house over the last two years and my work requires that I drive about 1000 miles per week. So, yes, I do think its possible to work a job and have fibro.

To me, my working is a must for my well-being. I have found that I need to find that delicate balance of too much/not enough activity. I can't imagine not working, and when someone tells me that I need to lower my stress level so my fibro doesn't flare as much, I tend to look at them as if they have three heads.

To me, I had to make a decision that I would not be the sum of my ailments. I think that when we have chronic illnesses, we have the choice in how we view it - I choose not to let it beat me, although, there are days when it does. I just had a conversation with my chiro yesterday about my progress in treatment and he expressed that he had not originally thought I would be this far along. I told him that I had to make the decision to get better - and I am.

I think that if you are able to work, it might be beneficial to the emotional side of being chronically ill. I know it gives me a sense of purpose. I can't lay in bed when I don't feel well - I don't have that choice. I have a company to run, employees depending on me to be here to lead them and my family depends on my income, not to mention that I have an addiction to lovely shoes!

If you are in the position, perhaps a good entry into the workforce would be to find a local cause and become a volunteer. That's less pressure to me than working a job; although your obligation to show up is the same.

Best,
Christie
The Following User Says Thank You to christie For This Useful Post:
Old 03-24-2011, 02:30 PM   #30
lipstixgal

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
coupled

Quote:
I work more than a fulltime job - there are days that are 16 hours + for me. We actively parent a 17 year old and care for aging parents, have remodeled a house over the last two years and my work requires that I drive about 1000 miles per week. So, yes, I do think its possible to work a job and have fibro.

To me, my working is a must for my well-being. I have found that I need to find that delicate balance of too much/not enough activity. I can't imagine not working, and when someone tells me that I need to lower my stress level so my fibro doesn't flare as much, I tend to look at them as if they have three heads.

To me, I had to make a decision that I would not be the sum of my ailments. I think that when we have chronic illnesses, we have the choice in how we view it - I choose not to let it beat me, although, there are days when it does. I just had a conversation with my chiro yesterday about my progress in treatment and he expressed that he had not originally thought I would be this far along. I told him that I had to make the decision to get better - and I am.

I think that if you are able to work, it might be beneficial to the emotional side of being chronically ill. I know it gives me a sense of purpose. I can't lay in bed when I don't feel well - I don't have that choice. I have a company to run, employees depending on me to be here to lead them and my family depends on my income, not to mention that I have an addiction to lovely shoes!

If you are in the position, perhaps a good entry into the workforce would be to find a local cause and become a volunteer. That's less pressure to me than working a job; although your obligation to show up is the same.

Best,
Christie
Thanks for the input I have been putting in resumes but haven't heard from anyone yet but would like to have my own money for myself..I guess you must feel tired a lot of the time I admire your courage and perseverance as well!!
Old 03-24-2011, 05:08 PM   #31
Outlaw

How Do You Identify?:
Cocksure
Preferred Pronoun?:
Cotton Candy Swami
Relationship Status:
Loved and Loving

Outlaw Has the BEST ReputationOutlaw Has the BEST ReputationOutlaw Has the BEST ReputationOutlaw Has the BEST ReputationOutlaw Has the BEST ReputationOutlaw Has the BEST ReputationOutlaw Has the BEST ReputationOutlaw Has the BEST ReputationOutlaw Has the BEST ReputationOutlaw Has the BEST ReputationOutlaw Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canela View Post
I take Lyrica on an as needed basis and it works well for me...been taking it for the last 2 years or so.
Quote:

Best of luck to you.
Christie
Quote:
Originally Posted by lipstixgal View Post
Yes I have lyrica and flexeril as well. I will try the savella next or the cymbalta if the doctor prescribes it to me..I only take the lyrica on a need be basis as it causes weight gain..

Thank you for your feedback. I don't have Fibromyalgia, but I do have Lyme disease. Some of the symptoms are similar, as is the medication. I have been curious about Lyrica and people's personal experiences good/bad/indifferent. Thank you for sharing.
Old 03-24-2011, 05:32 PM   #32
lipstixgal

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
coupled

Quote:
Thank you for your feedback. I don't have Fibromyalgia, but I do have Lyme disease. Some of the symptoms are similar, as is the medication. I have been curious about Lyrica and people's personal experiences good/bad/indifferent. Thank you for sharing.
I had Lyme's disease too and a very bad case of it and then I got the firbro so I understand your dilemma as well. I hope you get better with the antibiotics and rest it is a horrible disease!!