Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > HEALTH: BODY, MIND, SPIRIT > Body Beauty, Lifestyles

Old 06-30-2010, 02:11 PM   #41
Daktari

Neuropathic pain
Arthralgia - chronic joint pain
Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease
other things I'm not prepared to divulge.

ThoseI wish I could afford bud like that Daywalker (my landlord won't let me grow). Such beauties are terribly expensive here in the UK. I get by on generic bud and some lovely squidgy Afghani hash.

One day I'll grow!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Old 06-30-2010, 02:53 PM   #42
Andrew, Jr.
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Me
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Unavailable

Thanked 5,249 Times in 2,216 Posts
Andrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST Reputation

My neuropathic pain for me is = to being burned alive. It is just that painful, horrible, and so on. I wouldn't wish this on anyone.
Andrew, Jr. is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Andrew, Jr. For This Useful Post:
Old 06-30-2010, 03:12 PM   #43
Sachita

How Do You Identify?:
Alpha Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Goddess
Relationship Status:
Completely in love

Thanked 8,994 Times in 2,249 Posts
Sachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by chefhmboyrd View Post
i have stopped for prolonged periods, and there isn't enough advil or motrin to get me through. i even resorted to celebrex for a while, but the side effects are nasty, and i am saving my liver for SuperFemme...

even just a little 2 to 3 times a week helps, but daily is best for me.
MJ as an alternative pain management and I do consume hemp seed and oil everyday, however I also have my concerns with frequent use. I'm not talking about a hit here and there but smoking all throughout the day everyday.

Here's the problem I have with what I've seen first hand with my own eyes friends or otherwise claiming to use it for pain and life management. I view cannabis as a natural holistic herb. Someone looking to heal naturally, manage pain without side effects should also consider the "other" things they could be doing to contribute to the illness and aggravating to pain. Smoking several packs of cigarettes a day, poor diet - massive amounts of sugar, not enough water etc. MJ can mask the pain, make life lighter but I also think its a good idea to take a holistic approach to all areas of your life.

I've seen too many people beat this medical/holistic drum when it comes to cannabis when the reality is they are addicted to it. Abuse in any form is still abuse. Of course I'd rather see a pot head then a pill head but thats another agenda. lol
Old 06-30-2010, 03:13 PM   #44
Sachita

How Do You Identify?:
Alpha Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Goddess
Relationship Status:
Completely in love

Sachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew, Jr. View Post

My neuropathic pain for me is = to being burned alive. It is just that painful, horrible, and so on. I wouldn't wish this on anyone.

I'm truly sorry you have to go through this.
The Following User Says Thank You to Sachita For This Useful Post:
Old 06-30-2010, 03:57 PM   #45
Toughy

How Do You Identify?:
pervert butch feminist woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
see above
Relationship Status:
independent entity

Thanked 7,656 Times in 1,522 Posts
Toughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitmo01 View Post
<snip> the reason its illegal is big tobacco and the liquor companies got thier way in the 1930's...

<snip>

i mean look at the state of California with thier budget shortfall...by legalizing it they could actually not be in debt and the drug cartels would be cut out of making thier profits, but the government has a huge industry built off of illegal drugs so its no surprise that its going to take a while for it to be legal but its obvious that you cant put the elephant back in the closet especially when the PEOPLE of this country are voting to legalize it....
The biggest reason it was made illegal was due to racism concerning the flood of Mexicans coming across our southern border. The Senators and House members from the border states had a big ole hissy fit about immigration of Mexicans. Does any of this sound familiar?

Concerning CA budget shortfall and legalization. It looks like there will be a Proposition on the ballot in Nov that would legalize Marijuana. Some folks who support legalization are not supporting this Proposition because it has restrictions that are unacceptable to them. Others say legalization is paramount and the problems in the Proposition can be fixed once it's legal. I haven't made up my mind about it yet.

as to the budget shortfall............I seriously doubt there would be enough tax revenue to clean up the big fucking mess of a budget Arnie (and the useless legislature) has helped create with his cut taxes for businesses and rich people.

CA has been a medical marijuana state since 1996. Oakland has Oaksterdam University. http://www.oaksterdamuniversity.com/
I will not assimilate

Toughy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Toughy For This Useful Post:
Old 06-30-2010, 04:34 PM   #46
wolfwalker

How Do You Identify?:
human

wolfwalker is a splendid one to beholdwolfwalker is a splendid one to beholdwolfwalker is a splendid one to beholdwolfwalker is a splendid one to beholdwolfwalker is a splendid one to beholdwolfwalker is a splendid one to beholdwolfwalker is a splendid one to beholdwolfwalker is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toughy View Post
The biggest reason it was made illegal was due to racism concerning the flood of Mexicans coming across our southern border. The Senators and House members from the border states had a big ole hissy fit about immigration of Mexicans. Does any of this sound familiar?

Concerning CA budget shortfall and legalization. It looks like there will be a Proposition on the ballot in Nov that would legalize Marijuana. Some folks who support legalization are not supporting this Proposition because it has restrictions that are unacceptable to them. Others say legalization is paramount and the problems in the Proposition can be fixed once it's legal. I haven't made up my mind about it yet.

as to the budget shortfall............I seriously doubt there would be enough tax revenue to clean up the big fucking mess of a budget Arnie (and the useless legislature) has helped create with his cut taxes for businesses and rich people.

CA has been a medical marijuana state since 1996. Oakland has Oaksterdam University. http://www.oaksterdamuniversity.com/
you are certainly correct in that racism was used to help make it illegal. in fact the name marijuana was taken from a slang term used for mexicans who comsumed it. everyone at that time knew what cannabis and hemp were. people used many products made from the hemp plant. which is its real name, and it was part of the medical use at the time.

In fact, when it was outlawed in a shady deal, the AMA threw a fit.

wolfwalker
wolfwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to wolfwalker For This Useful Post:
Old 07-01-2010, 06:07 AM   #47
christie

How Do You Identify?:
A Force with which to be reckoned
Preferred Pronoun?:
just be nice...
Relationship Status:
I call her Mine

Thanked 2,476 Times in 706 Posts
christie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Incubus View Post
Neuropathic pain
Arthralgia - chronic joint pain
Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease
other things I'm not prepared to divulge.

ThoseI wish I could afford bud like that Daywalker (my landlord won't let me grow). Such beauties are terribly expensive here in the UK. I get by on generic bud and some lovely squidgy Afghani hash.

One day I'll grow!
I am interested in how it has helped COPD. As some of you know, Jess suffers from COPD and we are always looking for ways to alleviate some of the symptoms and such.

I use MJ to manage my fibro (but it is not nearly as helpful as pain meds, ie oxycodone/hydrocodone). I have found that using a vaporizer is much better than a pipe.

I totally get how its been helpful for folks in weight loss. Take a couple of tokes and the muscles relax enough for me to be able to be more active. It also helps with the fibro "brain fog" in that I am able to almost hyper focus on things because my brain isn't dealing with all the pain signals.

Like Sachita, I think that it is something that needs moderation. I have a hard time seeing it being beneficial to be baked all day.
christie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to christie For This Useful Post:
Old 07-01-2010, 06:30 AM   #48
afixer

How Do You Identify?:
human
Preferred Pronoun?:
ma'am
Relationship Status:
adrift in my head

Thanked 1,513 Times in 661 Posts
afixer Has the BEST Reputationafixer Has the BEST Reputationafixer Has the BEST Reputationafixer Has the BEST Reputationafixer Has the BEST Reputationafixer Has the BEST Reputationafixer Has the BEST Reputationafixer Has the BEST Reputationafixer Has the BEST Reputationafixer Has the BEST Reputationafixer Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfwalker View Post
you are certainly correct in that racism was used to help make it illegal. in fact the name marijuana was taken from a slang term used for mexicans who comsumed it. everyone at that time knew what cannabis and hemp were. people used many products made from the hemp plant. which is its real name, and it was part of the medical use at the time.

In fact, when it was outlawed in a shady deal, the AMA threw a fit.
FYI... Hemp and marijuana are varieties of the Cannabis Sativa plant.

here's some info on the differences between hemp and marijuana.
afixer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 08:19 AM   #49
wolfwalker

How Do You Identify?:
human

wolfwalker is a splendid one to beholdwolfwalker is a splendid one to beholdwolfwalker is a splendid one to beholdwolfwalker is a splendid one to beholdwolfwalker is a splendid one to beholdwolfwalker is a splendid one to beholdwolfwalker is a splendid one to beholdwolfwalker is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by christie0918 View Post
I am interested in how it has helped COPD. As some of you know, Jess suffers from COPD and we are always looking for ways to alleviate some of the symptoms and such.

I use MJ to manage my fibro (but it is not nearly as helpful as pain meds, ie oxycodone/hydrocodone). I have found that using a vaporizer is much better than a pipe.

I totally get how its been helpful for folks in weight loss. Take a couple of tokes and the muscles relax enough for me to be able to be more active. It also helps with the fibro "brain fog" in that I am able to almost hyper focus on things because my brain isn't dealing with all the pain signals.

Like Sachita, I think that it is something that needs moderation. I have a hard time seeing it being beneficial to be baked all day.

there has been research done on COPD and using marijuana. it has been reported that the use of marijuana will help open the airways so breathing becomes easier.

the stopping of the use of cigs will help the most and it is suggested that people trying marijuana, not smoke it but use an vaporizer, tincture or cooking with it as the best way to ingest.

I truly doubt most people who use it are baked all day. I have met a few, but most people toke a few and then go about their business.

wolf
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to wolfwalker For This Useful Post:
Old 07-01-2010, 09:56 AM   #50
chefhmboyrd

How Do You Identify?:
man
Preferred Pronoun?:
beef
Relationship Status:
Uncle Daddy Snap

Thanked 2,845 Times in 898 Posts
chefhmboyrd Has the BEST Reputationchefhmboyrd Has the BEST Reputationchefhmboyrd Has the BEST Reputationchefhmboyrd Has the BEST Reputationchefhmboyrd Has the BEST Reputationchefhmboyrd Has the BEST Reputationchefhmboyrd Has the BEST Reputationchefhmboyrd Has the BEST Reputationchefhmboyrd Has the BEST Reputationchefhmboyrd Has the BEST Reputationchefhmboyrd Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sachita View Post
MJ as an alternative pain management and I do consume hemp seed and oil everyday, however I also have my concerns with frequent use. I'm not talking about a hit here and there but smoking all throughout the day everyday.

Here's the problem I have with what I've seen first hand with my own eyes friends or otherwise claiming to use it for pain and life management. I view cannabis as a natural holistic herb. Someone looking to heal naturally, manage pain without side effects should also consider the "other" things they could be doing to contribute to the illness and aggravating to pain. Smoking several packs of cigarettes a day, poor diet - massive amounts of sugar, not enough water etc. MJ can mask the pain, make life lighter but I also think its a good idea to take a holistic approach to all areas of your life.

I've seen too many people beat this medical/holistic drum when it comes to cannabis when the reality is they are addicted to it. Abuse in any form is still abuse. Of course I'd rather see a pot head then a pill head but thats another agenda. lol
i agree

Too much of anything is not good..... moderation is best.
and yes, masking the pain is no substitue for the holistic approach in all your choices.
we could all benefit from practicing good habits, and a healthy diet. i found when i lost the 100lbs that i hurt so much less, but still hurt.

working out helps keep me supple, lots of water is a must for overall health.
Old 07-01-2010, 11:00 AM   #51
weatherboi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Owned boy
Preferred Pronoun?:
Hey boy!!!
Relationship Status:
counting freckles slowly under Her direction!!!

Thanked 12,559 Times in 2,993 Posts
weatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputation
Default Support

http://blog.norml.org/2010/06/22/hel...na-initiative/

http://blog.norml.org/2010/06/30/pro...in-california/

http://blog.norml.org/2010/06/29/naa...ation-measure/
weatherboi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 11:44 AM   #52
Daktari

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew, Jr. View Post

I really feel for you Andrew...my own neuropathy both from peripheral neuritis and constantly trapped nerves in my neck due to having no discs left between the vertebrae hurt like hell too...has your Dr. prescribed anything for it? Sadly I can't tolerate any of the drugs they prescribe here for neuropathic pain - they send me even loopier than I usually am and make me very aggressive, so rather than alienate everyone in my life my Consultant and I decided that I shouldn't take the meds anymore and she has referred me to the pain clinic.....I'm still waiting for my appointment.
Old 07-01-2010, 11:57 AM   #53
Daktari

Quote:
Originally Posted by christie0918 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfwalker View Post
there has been research done on COPD and using marijuana. it has been reported that the use of marijuana will help open the airways so breathing becomes easier.

the stopping of the use of cigs will help the most and it is suggested that people trying marijuana, not smoke it but use an vaporizer, tincture or cooking with it as the best way to ingest.

I truly doubt most people who use it are baked all day. I have met a few, but most people toke a few and then go about their business.

wolf
Correct wolfwalker marijuana has been used as a broncho dilator for centuries. Having quit smoking tobacco (finally - day 66) my copd/asthma nurse said it was beneficial to smoke marijuana as long as I used a 'water bung' (sic), because the water (and ice) cools the smoke which is the crux of the matter...hot smoke bad - cool smoke good. I have a vaporizer too which is a great way to administer one's pain relief and broncho dilation. I also find the vape makes me 'high' rather than 'stoned' (up as opposed to down)

I can't be baked all day, I don't enjoy that and it's just counter-productive when we what we want to do is take our 'medicine' so that we can enjoy life to the fullest.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Old 07-01-2010, 12:15 PM   #54
Sachita

How Do You Identify?:
Alpha Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Goddess
Relationship Status:
Completely in love

Member Photo Albums

Quote:
i agree

Too much of anything is not good..... moderation is best.
and yes, masking the pain is no substitue for the holistic approach in all your choices.
we could all benefit from practicing good habits, and a healthy diet. i found when i lost the 100lbs that i hurt so much less, but still hurt.

working out helps keep me supple, lots of water is a must for overall health.
wow 100 pounds??? I'm sure you felt better. I love wine. I drink maybe two bottles a week and if I could I'd drink it everyday. I even like MJ in the right state of mind but it distracts me, makes me crave sugar and makes me horny. Personally I can't even imagine smoking it all the time and getting anything done. Maybe on my down time but not when I had to function. Most of the pot heads I know, I'm talking people that smoke morning, noon and night are lazy, get very little accomplished and have very little to show for. I'm sure this isnt the case with all and there is always the exception to any rule. I've known quite a few. Now the people that smoke recreationally or to partly manage pain don't have this. But you can say that about any addiction, right?

My point is that it's great for pain management if someone is also seeking alternative treatment to heal or at least as best they can.

Earlier this year I wasn't feeling well. I kept having flare ups- my back, knee, my heart fluttering sometimes so bad I felt like it would jump out of my chest. My blood sugar was all over the place as well as my blood pressure. I would get migraines that blinded me. I was really scared. I was taking pain meds for my back and knee. I started having side effects. The bottom line is I had to take serious action to heal. Within a few weeks noticed changes and today run around like crazy. Diabetes runs in my family so does cancer. It takes a lot of work but its worth it. I have days I'm so tired I can barely move but I drink some carrot, celery and ginger juice after a 30 min breathing and meditation, I'm flying.

There's a lady lives by my mom with everything wrong with her. She takes so many meds. She also smokes two packs cig a day, eats awful drinks 6 pack coke even with high bp and diabetes. All she does is mask the pain and create new illnesses. Even holistic herbs have side effects when consumed in large doses on a regular basis. Of course and avid pot smoker will argue the effects of THC till the cows come home.

But I'd rather see my mom burn one at night then watch her take medications I know will put her in her grave early. If using it truly to manage pain great but the excuse to abuse isnt.

I'll save a bit of MJ for a relaxing evening by the fire.
Old 07-01-2010, 12:22 PM   #55
chefhmboyrd

How Do You Identify?:
man
Preferred Pronoun?:
beef
Relationship Status:
Uncle Daddy Snap

chefhmboyrd Has the BEST Reputationchefhmboyrd Has the BEST Reputationchefhmboyrd Has the BEST Reputationchefhmboyrd Has the BEST Reputationchefhmboyrd Has the BEST Reputationchefhmboyrd Has the BEST Reputationchefhmboyrd Has the BEST Reputationchefhmboyrd Has the BEST Reputationchefhmboyrd Has the BEST Reputationchefhmboyrd Has the BEST Reputationchefhmboyrd Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
wow 100 pounds??? I'm sure you felt better. I love wine. I drink maybe two bottles a week and if I could I'd drink it everyday. I even like MJ in the right state of mind but it distracts me, makes me crave sugar and makes me horny. Personally I can't even imagine smoking it all the time and getting anything done. Maybe on my down time but not when I had to function. Most of the pot heads I know, I'm talking people that smoke morning, noon and night are lazy, get very little accomplished and have very little to show for. I'm sure this isnt the case with all and there is always the exception to any rule. I've known quite a few. Now the people that smoke recreationally or to partly manage pain don't have this. But you can say that about any addiction, right?

My point is that it's great for pain management if someone is also seeking alternative treatment to heal or at least as best they can.

Earlier this year I wasn't feeling well. I kept having flare ups- my back, knee, my heart fluttering sometimes so bad I felt like it would jump out of my chest. My blood sugar was all over the place as well as my blood pressure. I would get migraines that blinded me. I was really scared. I was taking pain meds for my back and knee. I started having side effects. The bottom line is I had to take serious action to heal. Within a few weeks noticed changes and today run around like crazy. Diabetes runs in my family so does cancer. It takes a lot of work but its worth it. I have days I'm so tired I can barely move but I drink some carrot, celery and ginger juice after a 30 min breathing and meditation, I'm flying.

There's a lady lives by my mom with everything wrong with her. She takes so many meds. She also smokes two packs cig a day, eats awful drinks 6 pack coke even with high bp and diabetes. All she does is mask the pain and create new illnesses. Even holistic herbs have side effects when consumed in large doses on a regular basis. Of course and avid pot smoker will argue the effects of THC till the cows come home.

But I'd rather see my mom burn one at night then watch her take medications I know will put her in her grave early. If using it truly to manage pain great but the excuse to abuse isnt.

I'll save a bit of MJ for a relaxing evening by the fire.

i too know potheads that get lazy, fat, and have nothing to show for it.
i am far too busy to do that.

mostly MJ makes me want to do physical things, work out, clean houae, mow the yard, or anything else that takes little brain power but lots of muscle.

and a nice spliff by the fire with a glass of wine sound like a beginning to a relaxing evening.
Old 07-01-2010, 12:50 PM   #56
Sachita

How Do You Identify?:
Alpha Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Goddess
Relationship Status:
Completely in love

Member Photo Albums

Quote:
and a nice spliff by the fire with a glass of wine sound like a beginning to a relaxing evening.
or the beginning of very naughty things. lol
Old 07-01-2010, 12:51 PM   #57
chefhmboyrd

How Do You Identify?:
man
Preferred Pronoun?:
beef
Relationship Status:
Uncle Daddy Snap

Member Photo Albums

Quote:
or the beginning of very naughty things. lol
a guy can only hope
Old 07-01-2010, 02:02 PM   #58
Daywalker

How Do You Identify?:
Hippy

Thanked 11,917 Times in 2,700 Posts
Daywalker Has the BEST ReputationDaywalker Has the BEST ReputationDaywalker Has the BEST ReputationDaywalker Has the BEST ReputationDaywalker Has the BEST ReputationDaywalker Has the BEST ReputationDaywalker Has the BEST ReputationDaywalker Has the BEST ReputationDaywalker Has the BEST ReputationDaywalker Has the BEST ReputationDaywalker Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:

I rarely smoke in the Daylight.
(I do not wish to have my clarity an faculties removed.)

Only when symptoms surface that I recognize as troublesome.
I've suffered for 3 days just for mowing one lawn.
I have one to do tonight...fucking wee.

I know someone right now who is on several anti-depressive medications.
She says that reefer helps, I told her to let her Doctors know.

They wrote her a script for it,
but there was something I had not yet picked up on.

She smokes all day long when she is not working.
Mind you her issues have caused her a lot of time off work this year.
I've spent a couple days over there for a length of time, and from what I am
observing ~ and in my personal opinion ~ the reefer is actually contributing
to her issue of depression. She has been diagnosed with anxiety and things
of the sort, and surely they thought the reefer would assist in these issues.
But just like any medication, it does not react the same for everyone.

Holistic approach in other areas of my life?

Not really, but I do command and demand that a peaceful atmosphere
surrounds me at all times; even Mrs Daywalker was informed when we
meshed together years ago...that fighting will not be allowed, yelling is out
of the question, etc. These things trigger my Children (aka my symptoms).
Even folks in mah love circle of friends will keep things from me that
they know are drama riddled, or that might make me sad...etc.

I love them for that,
even though I lovingly complain that 'no one tells me nuthin'.

I eat as I please, my limited mobility does not allow for 'exercise'
at all, long music sessions are my solace and this is where I reboot my
mind...messing around on sites like this and FB n stuff assists in keeping
my cognitive active. So I guess my response to this is yes, there are no
benefits to anything in excess, but no...applying an all encompassing
Holistic approach is not reality for many of us.

Gotta get ready for a visit to the Wizards again.
(aka Doc appointment)
Will have to make time to pick this up later

Old 07-02-2010, 09:43 AM   #59
Sachita

How Do You Identify?:
Alpha Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Goddess
Relationship Status:
Completely in love

Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daywalker View Post

[/COLOR]I know someone right now who is on several anti-depressive medications.
She says that reefer helps, I told her to let her Doctors know.

They wrote her a script for it,
but there was something I had not yet picked up on.

She smokes all day long when she is not working.
Mind you her issues have caused her a lot of time off work this year.
I've spent a couple days over there for a length of time, and from what I am
observing ~ and in my personal opinion ~ the reefer is actually contributing
to her issue of depression. She has been diagnosed with anxiety and things
of the sort, and surely they thought the reefer would assist in these issues.
But just like any medication, it does not react the same for everyone.
[COLOR=Black]
We think my mom is bipolar or "something". She refuses to take medication. She smoked MJ most her life and I remember the smell coming from her room when I was young. As I got older I would give it to her and it always seemed to make her better. Then again we're talking 2 tokes once a day.

Another very close friend of mine who has pasted away, a very talented artist, native american woman. I knew her back when we were teens and I spent summers on the reservation. She introduced me to my first joint. We stayed high the whole summer. It was surreal being in the Florida Everglades, the swamps and being high. Then again she also turned me on to mushrooms.

Life moved forward, I got pregnant and stopped smoking everything. My friend and her lover, also one of my best friends, smoked when they got up, lunch and all night, everyday. They grew it or would have gone broke. I'll never forget the time we rented a houseboat. We get all the way out in Florida Bay, having margaritas, it's dusk and one of them states that they forgot their stash in the car. Apparently they had one in their cig pack but it wasn't enough. I said we would go back in the morning and that it was too dangerous to drive a houseboat at night, so many shallow sand bars and rocks. You should have seen them. They were freaking out wondering how they would sleep. They kept trying to tell me how to safely get the boat back. I've owned and driven boats all my life, especially in the Florida Keys.

Thats stuck with me and I paid closer attention. There is no doubt in my mind that they both suffered mentally and physically from smoking weed. They would often fall into depressed, violence and deeper depression for my friend who also smoked and drank herself to death. Sure it was the alcohol that probably did it in the end but her state of mind was always so fucked up she talked in circles.

Another transboy friend that sometimes helps me in summers to get money for T (I found out later for weed) "Thinks" he's far smarter then he is when he smokes. I've watched him. He will swear up and down that he's far more creative, attentive, focused when he's high. lol- maybe in his mind because he drove me crazy. He was forgetful moment to moment, lazy and extremely slow. Like clock work whenever he ran out of weed he'd come up with some excuse why he had to end his job early.

I know it sounds like I'm against it and I'm not. I'm totally fine with someone getting fucked up and partying in the right time and place. I can slam down a few bottles of wine, no problem (until the next day). I think it should be legal, as anything else and people make their own decisions on how they will partake. What I do have a problem with is people beating any drum to support medical MJ when clearly they are addicts and use that as an excuse to justify. I have a problem when they talk about people passing judgement because "their" drug of choice grows naturally rather then refined or processed when they are just as fucked up as the drunk. Oh wait... they will also tell you MJ is a peaceful drug and for most this might be true but plenty of violence happens because of it. I have a problem with people that claim they smoke to medicate meanwhile they abuse their bodies, lives, etc. masked all under this THC smoke veil.

If you're a drunk say so. If you're a pot head admit and be real with the reasons why.

Now pass me that vaporizer and bottle of wine!
Old 07-02-2010, 12:37 PM   #60
wolfwalker

How Do You Identify?:
human

[QUOTE=wolfwalker;141729]Hi there everyone,

i would like to revive this thread. now that I am in a legal medical marijuana state. I will soon have my paper work back and will be a medical marijuana provider. I love, love being legal because I am fully aware of what a wonderful healing herb this is.

but I would like to hear from people who use it for a medical purpose.

what are you using it to treat?

what has been the results for you?

what strains are you using?

this will help me learn more and refine my choices of strains.

thanks

wolfwalker[/QUOTe

this was my post in reviving this thread. I want to thank everyone for their comments but I would like to use this as an educational tool.

So sticking to the topic at hand would be most helpful.

thanks

wolfwalker