Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > POLITICS, CULTURE, NEWS, MEDIA > Current Affairs/World Issues/Science And History

Old 12-06-2010, 08:51 PM   #1
Strappie

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
I know who I am... Doesn't matter
Relationship Status:
It's a new day....

Thanked 4,946 Times in 1,350 Posts
Strappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums
Default Favorite Phone App's...

I Just got a new phone today cause my old phone's touch screen died out on me. I got the Samsung Fascinate.

I am looking for fun and cool App's to add to it...

What are some of your favorite's??
Strappie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 09:02 PM   #2
Medusa
Mentally Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Queer High Femme, thank you very much
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mme.
Relationship Status:
Married to JD.

Thanked 42,871 Times in 7,835 Posts
Medusa has disabled reputation

Angry Birds!
Medusa is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Medusa For This Useful Post:
Old 12-06-2010, 09:06 PM   #3
dixie
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
I usually just poke it with a stick.
Preferred Pronoun?:
Bitch
Relationship Status:
Intertwined deeply

Thanked 21,385 Times in 4,808 Posts
dixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputation

I have a Motorola Droid X and so far I've found TONS of awesome apps. (And some just cause I'm a nerd like dat...lol) I've got everything from a barcode scanner, a stop smoking app, Big Sport Fishing, Talking Tom Cat (which mimics everything it hears), Kindle, The Moron Test, etc etc. I even have one called "Dildroid" which turns my phone into a vibrator. bwahahahahahaha
dixie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to dixie For This Useful Post:
Old 12-06-2010, 09:14 PM   #4
Gayla
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Kinky Butch Top
Preferred Pronoun?:
I'm not picky
Relationship Status:
She makes me dance like a fool and forget how to breathe.

Thanked 7,078 Times in 1,966 Posts
Gayla Has the BEST ReputationGayla Has the BEST ReputationGayla Has the BEST ReputationGayla Has the BEST ReputationGayla Has the BEST ReputationGayla Has the BEST ReputationGayla Has the BEST ReputationGayla Has the BEST ReputationGayla Has the BEST ReputationGayla Has the BEST ReputationGayla Has the BEST Reputation

Mine probably don't fall into the fun and cool category but I love, love, love the Huffington Post app. I would now rather read Huff Post on my phone than on my computer. I've got about 3 other news ones - Msnbc.com, usatoday and a local one.

Shazam is one of my favorites. Hold it up to a speaker and it will tell you what song is playing. I use that more than I'd like to admit because I just don't know this new fangled music kids today are listening to.

Pandora.

Also, not an app, but I use the notepad function a lot. Like multiple times a day. And I love that it lets me just push a button and email a note that I've written. My car is no longer full of post it notes and I don't have multiple lists all over my desk. I just type stuff on my phone and email it to myself.
Gayla is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Gayla For This Useful Post:
Old 12-06-2010, 09:17 PM   #5
dixie
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
I usually just poke it with a stick.
Preferred Pronoun?:
Bitch
Relationship Status:
Intertwined deeply

Thanked 21,385 Times in 4,808 Posts
dixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by gayla View Post
Mine probably don't fall into the fun and cool category but I love, love, love the Huffington Post app. I would now rather read Huff Post on my phone than on my computer. I've got about 3 other news ones - Msnbc.com, usatoday and a local one.

Shazam is one of my favorites. Hold it up to a speaker and it will tell you what song is playing. I use that more than I'd like to admit because I just don't know this new fangled music kids today are listening to.

Pandora.

Also, not an app, but I use the notepad function a lot. Like multiple times a day. And I love that it lets me just push a button and email a note that I've written. My car is no longer full of post it notes and I don't have multiple lists all over my desk. I just type stuff on my phone and email it to myself.
I have the Huff Post app too and love it.

I was wondering what Pandora was. I always see it in the app market but never really looked at it. And the notepad would be good. That could come in handy.
dixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 09:18 PM   #6
Gayla
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Kinky Butch Top
Preferred Pronoun?:
I'm not picky
Relationship Status:
She makes me dance like a fool and forget how to breathe.

Thanked 7,078 Times in 1,966 Posts
Gayla Has the BEST ReputationGayla Has the BEST ReputationGayla Has the BEST ReputationGayla Has the BEST ReputationGayla Has the BEST ReputationGayla Has the BEST ReputationGayla Has the BEST ReputationGayla Has the BEST ReputationGayla Has the BEST ReputationGayla Has the BEST ReputationGayla Has the BEST Reputation

Pandora is just like Pandora the web site. It makes radio stations and plays music. It's good when I'm tired of the music I have on my phone.
Gayla is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Gayla For This Useful Post:
Old 12-06-2010, 09:22 PM   #7
Strappie

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
It's a new day....

Strappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by gayla View Post

Pandora.

Oh yes Shazam.. I heard about that a while ago.. Thank you for reminding me!!
Old 12-06-2010, 09:23 PM   #8
Strappie

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
It's a new day....

Member Photo Albums

Help me and others out and tell me what these App's do ... I'm a dork when it comes to this stuff.

This is going to be FUN!!!
Old 12-06-2010, 09:20 PM   #9
Strappie

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
It's a new day....

Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medusa View Post
Angry Birds!
Okay.. But what is it??
Old 12-29-2010, 12:59 AM   #10
Nightshade

How Do You Identify?:
Stonefemme
Preferred Pronoun?:
her/she
Relationship Status:

Nightshade Has the BEST ReputationNightshade Has the BEST ReputationNightshade Has the BEST ReputationNightshade Has the BEST ReputationNightshade Has the BEST ReputationNightshade Has the BEST ReputationNightshade Has the BEST ReputationNightshade Has the BEST ReputationNightshade Has the BEST ReputationNightshade Has the BEST ReputationNightshade Has the BEST Reputation

I have a lot of the same ones mentioned but I want to second Angry birds if you want to be really addicted and frustrated at the same time, and Handcent for texting.

Also:

Yelp

Jorte (syncs with google calendar and tasks)

Mighty Grocery (if it's just you) or OurGroceries (if you share shopping with someone else, they can see what you add to the list and so on. Pretty cool)

Photo Vault (because some pictures don't belong in the gallery)

No lock (so you don't have to unlock your screen every time you want to use your phone)

Ringdroid (eleventy billion free song ringtones)

Dictionary.com

I'm also trying out Silent time which allows you to set your phone to silent while still allowing certain calls to come in. I'll report back what I think of it later.
Nightshade is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Nightshade For This Useful Post:
Old 12-29-2010, 08:06 AM   #11
stormluver

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian
Relationship Status:
In a relationship

stormluver Has the BEST Reputationstormluver Has the BEST Reputationstormluver Has the BEST Reputationstormluver Has the BEST Reputationstormluver Has the BEST Reputationstormluver Has the BEST Reputationstormluver Has the BEST Reputationstormluver Has the BEST Reputationstormluver Has the BEST Reputationstormluver Has the BEST Reputationstormluver Has the BEST Reputation

Lightning Bug
Gmote
Swype
Timeriffic
Photo Funia
PicSay Pro
Music downloader Pro
Easynote
Colornote
Screebl
Vlingo
Bettercut
Magicmarker
Color flashlight
TiKl
stormluver is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to stormluver For This Useful Post:
Old 12-29-2010, 08:48 AM   #12
little man

How Do You Identify?:
mister
Preferred Pronoun?:
he
Relationship Status:
hard to hold

1 Highscore

Location: where the road goes on forever and the party never ends
Thanked 1,533 Times in 437 Posts
little man Has the BEST Reputationlittle man Has the BEST Reputationlittle man Has the BEST Reputationlittle man Has the BEST Reputationlittle man Has the BEST Reputationlittle man Has the BEST Reputationlittle man Has the BEST Reputationlittle man Has the BEST Reputationlittle man Has the BEST Reputationlittle man Has the BEST Reputationlittle man Has the BEST Reputation

my all time favorite app is the one where you push a series of numbers, followed by the green button. you hear these noises and wait a few seconds...then you magically hear a voice on the other end. and the best part? you know the person talking!

i'm a rambling man
i ain't ever gonna change
i got a gypsy soul to blame
and i was born for leaving

--zac brown band (colder weather)
little man is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to little man For This Useful Post:
Old 12-29-2010, 09:24 AM   #13
Fancy

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
N/A

Thanked 7,097 Times in 2,322 Posts
Fancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by little man View Post
my all time favorite app is the one where you push a series of numbers, followed by the green button. you hear these noises and wait a few seconds...then you magically hear a voice on the other end. and the best part? you know the person talking!

I almost forgot about that one...I hardly use it anymore!
Fancy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fancy For This Useful Post:
Old 12-29-2010, 09:29 AM   #14
Fancy

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
N/A

Thanked 7,097 Times in 2,322 Posts
Fancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST Reputation

My favorite apps at the moment:
  • NPR Music
  • Phone Flix (for Netflicks)
  • Fandango
  • IMDb
  • GoSkyWatch
  • CoPilot North America
  • Scrabble
  • Instant Poetry
  • Geocaching
  • Locavore - finds local farmers and farm markets
  • Bill Pal
  • Pocket Frogs - for the kids I swear!
  • Plasma Globe - another for the kids
Fancy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fancy For This Useful Post:
Old 12-29-2010, 10:42 AM   #15
Nightshade

How Do You Identify?:
Stonefemme
Preferred Pronoun?:
her/she
Relationship Status:

Nightshade Has the BEST ReputationNightshade Has the BEST ReputationNightshade Has the BEST ReputationNightshade Has the BEST ReputationNightshade Has the BEST ReputationNightshade Has the BEST ReputationNightshade Has the BEST ReputationNightshade Has the BEST ReputationNightshade Has the BEST ReputationNightshade Has the BEST ReputationNightshade Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by little man View Post

Oh I hate that one. I used to burn up the phone lines as a teen but now it's practically a phobia. /threadjack
The Following User Says Thank You to Nightshade For This Useful Post:
Old 12-29-2010, 11:57 AM   #16
Nightshade

How Do You Identify?:
Stonefemme
Preferred Pronoun?:
her/she
Relationship Status:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightshade View Post
Ringdroid (eleventy billion free song ringtones
Oops... not the one I was thinking off. Ringdroid lets you create ringtones from songs.
Old 12-29-2010, 05:50 PM   #17
Jill_Anne

How Do You Identify?:
Femme!
Preferred Pronoun?:
Just spell it right..I usually answer
Relationship Status:
single

Jill_Anne Has the BEST ReputationJill_Anne Has the BEST ReputationJill_Anne Has the BEST ReputationJill_Anne Has the BEST ReputationJill_Anne Has the BEST ReputationJill_Anne Has the BEST ReputationJill_Anne Has the BEST ReputationJill_Anne Has the BEST ReputationJill_Anne Has the BEST ReputationJill_Anne Has the BEST ReputationJill_Anne Has the BEST Reputation

love me iphone... i have..
weather channel
WoW authenticator heheh
words with friends
facebook
msnbc
two local tv stations
yahoo
info about countries..app is called countries (geography teacher)
aaa discounts
mapquest
starbucks
foursquare
shazam
iassociate 2
pacman
amazon.com
library of congress virtual tour
google
yelp
OSU Live
Yahoo messenger
twitter
Iheart
Sirius
Vevo
my bank PNC
topix
worldclock
Gaylord Hotels (the company that owns Opryland in Nashville)
ANgry birds
wordsearch
scramble (like scrabble sorta)
Old 01-01-2011, 01:28 PM   #18
stepfordfemme

How Do You Identify?:
Stone Femme-inist.
Preferred Pronoun?:
Female ones :)
Relationship Status:
I really really like someone.

stepfordfemme Has the BEST Reputationstepfordfemme Has the BEST Reputationstepfordfemme Has the BEST Reputationstepfordfemme Has the BEST Reputationstepfordfemme Has the BEST Reputationstepfordfemme Has the BEST Reputationstepfordfemme Has the BEST Reputationstepfordfemme Has the BEST Reputationstepfordfemme Has the BEST Reputationstepfordfemme Has the BEST Reputationstepfordfemme Has the BEST Reputation
Default BBM addicts unite?

Who's with me in their addiction to their crackberry ?

stepfordfemme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 01:44 PM   #19
Mister Bent

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 5,831 Times in 1,721 Posts
Mister Bent Has the BEST ReputationMister Bent Has the BEST ReputationMister Bent Has the BEST ReputationMister Bent Has the BEST ReputationMister Bent Has the BEST ReputationMister Bent Has the BEST ReputationMister Bent Has the BEST ReputationMister Bent Has the BEST ReputationMister Bent Has the BEST ReputationMister Bent Has the BEST ReputationMister Bent Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by stepfordfemmeyyc View Post
Who's with me in their addiction to their crackberry ?

Mine is company issue and I love/hate it. Sometimes I want to throw it and say, "shut up!"

Despite the ability to phone, text, email and chat, or reach someone via Nextel, we still have ridiculous communication issues. My boss needs to learn to put hers down and not send really weird, slightly incomprehensible (smiley face included) email.

Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats.
- H. L. Mencken
Mister Bent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 02:37 PM   #20
Sachita

How Do You Identify?:
Alpha Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Goddess
Relationship Status:
Completely in love

Thanked 8,994 Times in 2,249 Posts
Sachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

musicdock
loseit (awesome for loseit.com )
Netflix (iphone only)
Kindle
Calendar - syncs with my gmail calender
Facebook
Yahoo
Pano
CNN
Sachita is offline   Reply With Quote