Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > FUN > The Fluffy Stuff: Flirting, Humor, Chat

Notices

View Poll Results: How many washes do you get from one pair of underwear before you throw them out?
About 1 or 2 washes; my girlfriend loves ripping or cutting them off me. Expensive but worth it. 0 0%
About 5 washes; they don't make underwear like they used to. 2 5.41%
About 10 washes; I sometimes turn my undies inside out and wear them 2 or 3 times before washing. 1 2.70%
About 20 washes; but I don't mind wearing underwear with a few small holes in them. 7 18.92%
About 30 washes; but I am a couch potato and don't do much moving around all day. 1 2.70%
About 40 washes; I wear them until they are falling apart. 17 45.95%
50+ washes; I'm a delicate flower. I hand wash my undies each night with Woolite and hang them up. 9 24.32%
Voters: 37. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-23-2016, 03:18 PM   #1
GeorgiaMa'am
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
High Femme Ma'am
Preferred Pronoun?:
Ma'am
Relationship Status:
widowed - involved, poly

14 Highscores

Thanked 27,160 Times in 5,130 Posts
GeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST Reputation
Default How many washes do you expect your underwear to last?

I usually buy underwear by the 3-pack or 5-pack, or very rarely singly. But recently I broke down and ordered the 10-pack, because it seems like I buy underwear all the time. There is always a pair coming out of the wash with the elastic pulling away from the fabric, or separating at the seams, or that my dog has chewed a hole in. (But for the purposes of this poll, do not count destruction by pets.) In my mind, I think underwear should last about a year - probably because when I was in grade school, my mom would buy me new underwear once a year, before school started. But there is no way I get 52 washes out of a pair of underwear.

How many washes do you get out of one pair? And do you wash yours by hand, or in the washer? Or both?

It's been so lonely without you here
Like a bird without a song
Nothing can stop these lonely tears from falling . . .
'Cause nothing compares, nothing compares 2 U

- Prince
GeorgiaMa'am is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2016, 03:22 PM   #2
JDeere
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Transgender
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/him/his
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 28,871 Times in 9,718 Posts
JDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST Reputation

I have one pair from 6 years ago that still fit lol. I wash mine in the washer on hand wash delicate setting and dry them.on delicate setting. But some of my underwear I get at least 30 washes out of. I don't use any harsh detergents either due to my really sensitive skin.
JDeere is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to JDeere For This Useful Post:
Old 07-23-2016, 05:40 PM   #3
Liam

How Do You Identify?:
Guy
Preferred Pronoun?:
He, Him, His

Thanked 6,909 Times in 1,862 Posts
Liam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST Reputation

I know that my male underwear is made much better than the female underwear I once wore. Most of my current underwear is three years old, most of them have been washed weekly, using a washer/dryer, settings were hot and hot.
The Following User Says Thank You to Liam For This Useful Post:
Old 07-23-2016, 06:36 PM   #4
candy_coated_bitch
Pixie Stick

How Do You Identify?:
The arteest formerly known as musicfemme.
Preferred Pronoun?:
She.
Relationship Status:
Happily taken.

Thanked 32,098 Times in 6,125 Posts
candy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputation

I dont know that I have an exact number in mind but I expect them to last a long time. I have underwear I've had for years.

My Patreon

My Website
candy_coated_bitch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to candy_coated_bitch For This Useful Post:
Old 07-23-2016, 07:14 PM   #5
girlin2une

How Do You Identify?:
submissive queer stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she, her

Thanked 3,845 Times in 856 Posts
girlin2une Has the BEST Reputationgirlin2une Has the BEST Reputationgirlin2une Has the BEST Reputationgirlin2une Has the BEST Reputationgirlin2une Has the BEST Reputationgirlin2une Has the BEST Reputationgirlin2une Has the BEST Reputationgirlin2une Has the BEST Reputationgirlin2une Has the BEST Reputationgirlin2une Has the BEST Reputationgirlin2une Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

hmmm... odd poll...
I have also had underwear for years, but probably own at least 50 pair... some are worn very rarely, while others are worn more regularly and still others are worn only at certain times... SO...I would have to say it really depends on what kind of underwear it is... I will hand wash the more expensive and/or delicate ones.. but I wouldn't hesitate to throw out a cheaper pair!
I think it might be fun to have my underwear cut off me by my partner... or ripped...
How do you define courage? Is it the absence of fear? You might think, under the weight of your fears, "I am not courageous." But maybe you have the wrong perspective. Courage can be measured in many ways, and is not the absence or denial of fear, but the willingness to act vulnerably. When you're faced with the unknown and then you stand on the edge of risk, courage brings you to the point where you are able to take flight, though you might be unsure of your wings.
girlin2une is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to girlin2une For This Useful Post:
Old 07-23-2016, 08:39 PM   #6
ksrainbow

How Do You Identify?:
Valued

Thanked 2,149 Times in 561 Posts
ksrainbow Has the BEST Reputationksrainbow Has the BEST Reputationksrainbow Has the BEST Reputationksrainbow Has the BEST Reputationksrainbow Has the BEST Reputationksrainbow Has the BEST Reputationksrainbow Has the BEST Reputationksrainbow Has the BEST Reputationksrainbow Has the BEST Reputationksrainbow Has the BEST Reputationksrainbow Has the BEST Reputation
Default umm...

I recycle mine as they are always 100% cotton. Usefulness has an endearing quality

ks-
ksrainbow is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ksrainbow For This Useful Post:
Old 07-23-2016, 09:02 PM   #7
GeorgiaMa'am
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
High Femme Ma'am
Preferred Pronoun?:
Ma'am
Relationship Status:
widowed - involved, poly

14 Highscores

Thanked 27,160 Times in 5,130 Posts
GeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksrainbow View Post
I recycle mine as they are always 100% cotton. Usefulness has an endearing quality

ks-
Forgive my ignorance, but what in the world can you recycle underwear into?

It's been so lonely without you here
Like a bird without a song
Nothing can stop these lonely tears from falling . . .
'Cause nothing compares, nothing compares 2 U

- Prince
GeorgiaMa'am is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GeorgiaMa'am For This Useful Post:
Old 07-23-2016, 09:11 PM   #8
pajama

How Do You Identify?:
Klingon
Preferred Pronoun?:
She

Thanked 7,480 Times in 1,809 Posts
pajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputation

I throw mine in with everything else and wash them in cold water. I have a couple that finally need to be thrown away and they are about 6 years old. I have about 10 pair so they get worn and washed pretty much every day. But they are Cacique that cost about $12 each! But my Fruit of the Loom guy briefs I wear have also lasted several years.
pajama is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to pajama For This Useful Post:
Old 07-23-2016, 09:13 PM   #9
ksrainbow

How Do You Identify?:
Valued

Thanked 2,149 Times in 561 Posts
ksrainbow Has the BEST Reputationksrainbow Has the BEST Reputationksrainbow Has the BEST Reputationksrainbow Has the BEST Reputationksrainbow Has the BEST Reputationksrainbow Has the BEST Reputationksrainbow Has the BEST Reputationksrainbow Has the BEST Reputationksrainbow Has the BEST Reputationksrainbow Has the BEST Reputationksrainbow Has the BEST Reputation

Being they are all cotton: they make for great dusting, cleaning mirrors/glass, washing the car etc. They leave very little residue on a lot of surfaces! There are times when they are better than a paper towel
ksrainbow is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ksrainbow For This Useful Post:
Old 07-23-2016, 09:42 PM   #10
TruTexan

How Do You Identify?:
lesbian butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 5,268 Times in 1,633 Posts
TruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST Reputation

LOL this thread is funny. I'm finding it amusing.
Old 07-23-2016, 09:43 PM   #11
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Thanked 26,893 Times in 5,771 Posts
DapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST Reputation

I don't know if it is due to the brand I buy or the expense of said brand, but my Calvin Kleins last years and years. We are well past 50 washes and not a tear in them. They are the type you buy individually in a box, though. So yeah, costly.

I wash on cold, regular dry.

P.S. I love a good poll. And every poll is a great poll!

Are you educated or indoctrinated?
DapperButch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to DapperButch For This Useful Post:
Old 07-23-2016, 10:33 PM   #12
Lecheloco

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Masculine preferred
Relationship Status:
Happy as is, but a date would be nice

Thanked 1,975 Times in 633 Posts
Lecheloco Has the BEST ReputationLecheloco Has the BEST ReputationLecheloco Has the BEST ReputationLecheloco Has the BEST ReputationLecheloco Has the BEST ReputationLecheloco Has the BEST ReputationLecheloco Has the BEST ReputationLecheloco Has the BEST ReputationLecheloco Has the BEST ReputationLecheloco Has the BEST ReputationLecheloco Has the BEST Reputation

It depends on what kind, when I buy silk boxers they don't last long the seams always come apart
Boxer briefs last ,but if I buy ftl or Hanes the legs stretch after a couple hrs. Calvin don't have that problem nor do Polo
Lecheloco is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Lecheloco For This Useful Post:
Old 07-23-2016, 10:39 PM   #13
Ladybug

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Relationship Status:
single

Ladybug Has the BEST ReputationLadybug Has the BEST ReputationLadybug Has the BEST ReputationLadybug Has the BEST ReputationLadybug Has the BEST ReputationLadybug Has the BEST ReputationLadybug Has the BEST ReputationLadybug Has the BEST ReputationLadybug Has the BEST ReputationLadybug Has the BEST ReputationLadybug Has the BEST Reputation
Red face

Is there an option for, "I don't wear underwear"? Lol. Or is that TMI?
Old 07-24-2016, 12:09 AM   #14
nina03

How Do You Identify?:
queer femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her, or they/them
Relationship Status:
Very married and in love

nina03 Has the BEST Reputationnina03 Has the BEST Reputationnina03 Has the BEST Reputationnina03 Has the BEST Reputationnina03 Has the BEST Reputationnina03 Has the BEST Reputationnina03 Has the BEST Reputationnina03 Has the BEST Reputationnina03 Has the BEST Reputationnina03 Has the BEST Reputationnina03 Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgiaMa'am View Post
Forgive my ignorance, but what in the world can you recycle underwear into?
Goodwill will accept any clean, not mildewed fabric even if it has holes. If they can't sell it they will send it to a fabric recycler, who will break down the fibers for reuse. Even our old underwear can be recycled once we stop wearing them.
Also, for me, my underwear tends to last for years. I wash on warm, normal dry. I either wear "just my size" cotton undies in bright colors, or for fancy ones I get stuff at Lane Bryant. I've never had a pair of panties last less than a couple years, except when they've been cut off. (Though honestly, I usually set aside older ones for that kind of business.)
nina03 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to nina03 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-24-2016, 07:04 AM   #15
Brisa

How Do You Identify?:
Female

Brisa Has the BEST ReputationBrisa Has the BEST ReputationBrisa Has the BEST ReputationBrisa Has the BEST ReputationBrisa Has the BEST ReputationBrisa Has the BEST ReputationBrisa Has the BEST ReputationBrisa Has the BEST ReputationBrisa Has the BEST ReputationBrisa Has the BEST ReputationBrisa Has the BEST Reputation
Default Recycled underwear??

I don't wanna think about that
Brisa is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Brisa For This Useful Post:
Old 07-24-2016, 07:14 AM   #16
JDeere
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Transgender
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/him/his
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 28,871 Times in 9,718 Posts
JDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST Reputation

Lol I told yall about using the clean, old underwear for washing your car! Yall thought I was weird but it's true what KS rainbow says, they don't streak and pick up dust better than a dust rag.

Oh the convo was in chat not long ago.
JDeere is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to JDeere For This Useful Post:
Old 07-24-2016, 07:23 AM   #17
Chad
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
OFOS Stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Loved Caregiver

Thanked 20,325 Times in 5,678 Posts
Chad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST Reputation
Default Underwear

What is underwear??

Haha!
Chad is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Chad For This Useful Post:
Old 07-24-2016, 07:26 AM   #18
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Thanked 33,586 Times in 14,918 Posts
homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad View Post
What is underwear??

Haha!
Smart arse...LOL
homoe is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 07-24-2016, 08:25 AM   #19
dark_crystal
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
jenny
Preferred Pronoun?:
babygirl
Relationship Status:
First Lady of the United SMH

Thanked 26,589 Times in 4,691 Posts
dark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputation

I am a librarian, so I have to break this down a little in that there are several underwear classifications.

The saggy, baggy, granny panties that I wear around the house are immortal.

The slimming briefs that I wear with my dresses last about a year.

The bikinis that I wear with low-rise pants are about eleven years old because I only have 2 pairs of pants that need them

The thongs that I need when I wear leggings as pants might be even older than that!
Old 07-24-2016, 08:28 AM   #20
dark_crystal
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
jenny
Preferred Pronoun?:
babygirl
Relationship Status:
First Lady of the United SMH

Thanked 26,589 Times in 4,691 Posts
dark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDeere View Post
I have one pair from 6 years ago that still fit lol. I wash mine in the washer on hand wash delicate setting and dry them.on delicate setting. But some of my underwear I get at least 30 washes out of. I don't use any harsh detergents either due to my really sensitive skin.
It's all about the Tide free and clear power pack! I have to use zero fragrance zero color detergent or I get dermatitis