Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > HEALTH: BODY, MIND, SPIRIT > Body Beauty, Lifestyles

Old 11-01-2011, 04:05 PM   #181
SugarFemme

How Do You Identify?:
*Fierce Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Singular

Thanked 4,463 Times in 854 Posts
SugarFemme Has the BEST ReputationSugarFemme Has the BEST ReputationSugarFemme Has the BEST ReputationSugarFemme Has the BEST ReputationSugarFemme Has the BEST ReputationSugarFemme Has the BEST ReputationSugarFemme Has the BEST ReputationSugarFemme Has the BEST ReputationSugarFemme Has the BEST ReputationSugarFemme Has the BEST ReputationSugarFemme Has the BEST Reputation

Speak with your doc. There are meds out there that can help with that burning in your feet aka diabetic neuropathy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockinonahigh View Post
so far im not on insulin,just keeping my diet on an even keel,the one thing that has bugged me is my burning feet.I have a back prob wich sometimes causes my sciatica to go haywire but this is in both feet,it makes my socks fee like they are made of old heavy cords,most times I take off my shoes or go bare foot wich helps.I also have just started geting my shoes a bit wider than before plus makeing shure I take good care of my feet so there isnt visable injury,ive broken many a bone in my feet over the years,both ankles at the same time.....lllooonnnngggg story on that one..called rodeo.
SugarFemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SugarFemme For This Useful Post:
Old 11-01-2011, 04:16 PM   #182
Rockinonahigh

How Do You Identify?:
stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
makes no diffrence,I know who I am.
Relationship Status:
single,maybe looking if the right person comes along.

Thanked 14,937 Times in 3,936 Posts
Rockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneOfAKind View Post
Speak with your doc. There are meds out there that can help with that burning in your feet aka diabetic neuropathy.
Thanks I will do that,I thought I had to have ot really bad before my feet became an issue...gess not.
Rockinonahigh is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Rockinonahigh For This Useful Post:
Old 11-01-2011, 04:20 PM   #183
SugarFemme

How Do You Identify?:
*Fierce Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Singular

SugarFemme Has the BEST ReputationSugarFemme Has the BEST ReputationSugarFemme Has the BEST ReputationSugarFemme Has the BEST ReputationSugarFemme Has the BEST ReputationSugarFemme Has the BEST ReputationSugarFemme Has the BEST ReputationSugarFemme Has the BEST ReputationSugarFemme Has the BEST ReputationSugarFemme Has the BEST ReputationSugarFemme Has the BEST Reputation

No no. You DON'T want to wait until your feet get real bad. Get them checked soon. Diabetic neuropathy is nothing to play with.

Quote:
Thanks I will do that,I thought I had to have ot really bad before my feet became an issue...gess not.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SugarFemme For This Useful Post:
Old 11-03-2011, 05:12 PM   #184
Rockinonahigh

How Do You Identify?:
stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Rockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
No no. You DON'T want to wait until your feet get real bad. Get them checked soon. Diabetic neuropathy is nothing to play with.

Yes mam,I will call in the morning for an appointment,promiss.
Old 11-03-2011, 07:02 PM   #185
Vlasta
BFP Sentinels

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Thanked 1,002 Times in 286 Posts
Vlasta Has the BEST ReputationVlasta Has the BEST ReputationVlasta Has the BEST ReputationVlasta Has the BEST ReputationVlasta Has the BEST ReputationVlasta Has the BEST ReputationVlasta Has the BEST ReputationVlasta Has the BEST ReputationVlasta Has the BEST ReputationVlasta Has the BEST ReputationVlasta Has the BEST Reputation

I am not diabetic , but I have a question ? Does anybody using Victosa with DM type 2 ? what is your experience , any side effects ? It's injectable , but not insulin . Input it would be greatly appreciated .
Vlasta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 08:14 PM   #186
MsTinkerbelly
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:

Thanked 22,957 Times in 5,020 Posts
MsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlasta View Post
I am not diabetic , but I have a question ? Does anybody using Victosa with DM type 2 ? what is your experience , any side effects ? It's injectable , but not insulin . Input it would be greatly appreciated .
Never heard of it myself, anyone?
MsTinkerbelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 08:20 PM   #187
Vlasta
BFP Sentinels

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Vlasta Has the BEST ReputationVlasta Has the BEST ReputationVlasta Has the BEST ReputationVlasta Has the BEST ReputationVlasta Has the BEST ReputationVlasta Has the BEST ReputationVlasta Has the BEST ReputationVlasta Has the BEST ReputationVlasta Has the BEST ReputationVlasta Has the BEST ReputationVlasta Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsTinkerbelly View Post
It's fairly new and so far I see with a diabetic patients a lot of benefits . http://www.victoza.com/
Old 11-03-2011, 08:41 PM   #188
Leigh
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her, etc
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 13,026 Times in 4,786 Posts
Leigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST Reputation

Type 2 diabetic here, figure I should come in and say hi

Leigh is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Leigh For This Useful Post:
Old 11-05-2011, 11:36 AM   #189
Vlasta
BFP Sentinels

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Quote:
Quote:
It's fairly new and so far I see with a diabetic patients a lot of benefits . http://www.victoza.com/
Ms T ... I would like to ask you question ? My friend from FB pointed out to me this reply from you it was not so nice . Is this was your intention or this reply was misreaded? I would like to be clear on this .

Since I have been in a medical field majority of my like I believe in educating and helping people for a better life . I just posted this info here , because I am aware that not many people are familiar with options they have . I was not trying to sound like I am smart . Please , let me know and for the best in PM not to divert this thread .

thanks so much
Old 11-05-2011, 12:45 PM   #190
Rockinonahigh

How Do You Identify?:
stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Quote:
I thought I would let u know I have a doctore appointment on this Wensday to see about my hot feet...hot the danceing kind.
Old 11-05-2011, 01:01 PM   #191
SugarFemme

How Do You Identify?:
*Fierce Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Singular

Quote:
I thought I would let u know I have a doctore appointment on this Wensday to see about my hot feet...hot the danceing kind.

I am so happy you did that. And thank you for keeping me posted. Let me know what happens at your appt. I need to make an appt. with my endo as well. I have not been as diligent as I should be and after giving you advice it really made me take a look at myself. Thank you.
The Following User Says Thank You to SugarFemme For This Useful Post:
Old 11-05-2011, 03:08 PM   #192
Rockinonahigh

How Do You Identify?:
stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Quote:
I am so happy you did that. And thank you for keeping me posted. Let me know what happens at your appt. I need to make an appt. with my endo as well. I have not been as diligent as I should be and after giving you advice it really made me take a look at myself. Thank you.

I think thats a lot about how life works out...will let u know how my appointment go's.
Old 11-06-2011, 04:05 PM   #193
Rockinonahigh

How Do You Identify?:
stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

After the last fue days I feel like my brains are all scrambled up,im tired,stressed,ive been eating but not really hungry.My son said I need rest,I have been resting but still feel washed out...I just checked my sugar and it is 106 so im good with that.Takeing care of my fur kid wore me out,no she didnt make it but we had to try everything we could.I know I will be better,its just gonna take time,I have a stoped up head wich dosent help any.
Old 11-09-2011, 12:21 AM   #194
Vlasta
BFP Sentinels

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

I am sorry , I didn't mean to interrupt this thread .It appears dead and the same time is so important . I am guessing my friend was right , which I honestly didn't see it . It's ok , on my part was honest suggestion for people with DM type ll . If I can help in any kind of way , please PM me . I sound as a moron . However , I do have knowledge and many resources .

I hope everyone is well and under control of this silent killer .

hugs to all

Vlasta
Old 11-09-2011, 01:08 AM   #195
MsTinkerbelly
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:

MsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Ms T ... I would like to ask you question ? My friend from FB pointed out to me this reply from you it was not so nice . Is this was your intention or this reply was misreaded? I would like to be clear on this .

Since I have been in a medical field majority of my like I believe in educating and helping people for a better life . I just posted this info here , because I am aware that not many people are familiar with options they have . I was not trying to sound like I am smart . Please , let me know and for the best in PM not to divert this thread .

thanks so much

I simply said I had never heard of it and asked if anyone else had any knowledge. Your friend is wrong.
Old 11-09-2011, 01:26 AM   #196
Vlasta
BFP Sentinels

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Quote:
I simply said I had never heard of it and asked if anyone else had any knowledge. Your friend is wrong.
Thanks for your reply . as I stated I didn't think anything about your reply , but then again I am naive and other people pick up on tone of replies . I am glad we did clarify this . I had no bad intentions whatsoever. As I stated it's fairly new and I see so much benefit for people with DM ll . I just want to spread the news to people that there are more advance options than insulin .

thanks again

Vlasta
Old 11-09-2011, 09:03 AM   #197
MsTinkerbelly
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:

Member Photo Albums

Thanks for coming in to educate us...of course most of us go to classes, and have Doctor's advising us, and would happily use something other than Insulin. No I am not a Nurse, but I have been a diagnosed Diabetic for 32 years and I have gathered a bit of information along the way.

You learn something new every day I guess.
Old 11-09-2011, 11:04 AM   #198
MsTinkerbelly
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:

Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew View Post
Type 2 diabetic here, figure I should come in and say hi
Sorry for your diagnosis, but hang in there and be good to yourself. You can live a long and happy life if you start taking care of yourself now.
The Following User Says Thank You to MsTinkerbelly For This Useful Post:
Old 11-09-2011, 04:28 PM   #199
Rockinonahigh

How Do You Identify?:
stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Quote:
OK..back for the doc's,he gave my some lyrica 50mg to take for the burning in my feet plus my test came back near normal.
Old 11-09-2011, 04:38 PM   #200
JustJo
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
pushy broad
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Follow your heart; it knows things your mind cannot explain.

1 Highscore

Thanked 25,407 Times in 4,661 Posts
JustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST Reputation

Hi everyone

I've never heard of Victosa, but googled it and read what I could find.

I guess I'm just leery of anything remotely "new" at this point. I just (last week) got off of Actos...which everyone assured me was a wonderful, effective, virtually side effect free medication when they put me on it years ago.

Fast forward, and now it's being banned in some markets, severely limited in others, and the FDA is issuing warnings that no one should be on it for more than a year or risk increased rates of bladder cancer.

I'm not sure exactly...but I'm pretty sure I've been on it for 7 or 8 years.

I guess I'm feeling like I have zero interest in being a guinea pig for the pharmaceutical industry...and like I just was. I'm sticking to metformin and glimiperide...getting my diabetes meds down from 3 to 2 by changing my diet. Next up, I'd really like to get down to metformin alone...but know that I'll need to (at least) lose more weight to accomplish that, and continue my dietary changes.

It's a process, and it's different for all of us. The best advice I can give anyone is that we're all different, and different things will work for each of us. We can all benefit from improving our lifestyles....eating better, getting enough sleep, limiting stress, getting more exercise...and working closely with a doctor who listens to you.