Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > LIFE > Hobbies, Crafts, Interests

Hobbies, Crafts, Interests Do you like to knit? Throw pottery? Go fishing? Camping? Have Pets? Make jewelry? Tell us about it here!

Old 01-22-2013, 07:47 PM   #1
Medusa
Mentally Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Queer High Femme, thank you very much
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mme.
Relationship Status:
Married to JD.

Thanked 42,871 Times in 7,835 Posts
Medusa has disabled reputation
Default Vape-heads? Do You Vape?

Curious if we have any other vapor-ers out there in BFP-land?

I quit smoking over 2 weeks ago and Jackhammer got me the ego-C stick and a supply of nicotine-free juice.

This is my setup:

I am currently using a juice called "Black Tea" from myvaportstore.com and it is AWESOME. GREAT smoke, not tangy at all, and tastes wonderful!

Talk to me!
Medusa is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Medusa For This Useful Post:
Old 01-22-2013, 07:50 PM   #2
starryeyes

How Do You Identify?:
a round peg in a square hole
Preferred Pronoun?:
Guess...
Relationship Status:
Seat taken

Thanked 10,056 Times in 2,077 Posts
starryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputation

I got Justin the Blu package to help her stop smoking. She isn't *quite* ready yet, but she will be vaping soon! She did about 2 months a few months back on a vapor cig, but fell back into old habits. I will tell her about this thread!

Starry
starryeyes is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to starryeyes For This Useful Post:
Old 01-22-2013, 07:53 PM   #3
Medusa
Mentally Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mme.
Relationship Status:
Married to JD.

I am strictly sticking to zero-nicotine juices but Jackhammer got her own stick and some low-nicotine juice. She LOVES it and plans to wean herself down from the 18mg nicotine juice over the next few weeks.

Another Vaper! SWEET!
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Medusa For This Useful Post:
Old 01-22-2013, 08:02 PM   #4
Syr

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Syr

Thanked 1,130 Times in 217 Posts
Syr Has the BEST ReputationSyr Has the BEST ReputationSyr Has the BEST ReputationSyr Has the BEST ReputationSyr Has the BEST ReputationSyr Has the BEST ReputationSyr Has the BEST ReputationSyr Has the BEST ReputationSyr Has the BEST ReputationSyr Has the BEST ReputationSyr Has the BEST Reputation

Ooooooops..... Wrong vaporers. LOL
Syr is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to Syr For This Useful Post:
Old 01-22-2013, 08:05 PM   #5
TWolf

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:
Totally taken

TWolf Has the BEST ReputationTWolf Has the BEST ReputationTWolf Has the BEST ReputationTWolf Has the BEST ReputationTWolf Has the BEST ReputationTWolf Has the BEST ReputationTWolf Has the BEST ReputationTWolf Has the BEST ReputationTWolf Has the BEST ReputationTWolf Has the BEST ReputationTWolf Has the BEST Reputation

Have vaped for three years now. Went from a two to three pack a day habit. Once i found the nic level i needed it was no problem switching.

Between Wolfsgirl and myself there are several pvs (personal vaporizer) around here. Everything from various egos to her GLV to my mini nova. Got a beautiful handmade black palm electric pipe too. Really love my variable voltage devices for that big hit!

We both use tank systems now. Only have to buy cartos and juice every month. We get juice from our buddy at deejstuff.com. Puffing away on caramel cappuccino cheesecake!
Old 01-22-2013, 08:31 PM   #6
Lucian

How Do You Identify?:
Butch/Trans mindset without body modification.
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him
Relationship Status:
Not looking

Lucian Has the BEST ReputationLucian Has the BEST ReputationLucian Has the BEST ReputationLucian Has the BEST ReputationLucian Has the BEST ReputationLucian Has the BEST ReputationLucian Has the BEST ReputationLucian Has the BEST ReputationLucian Has the BEST ReputationLucian Has the BEST ReputationLucian Has the BEST Reputation

I've been doing a lot of looking into this lately. I have a friend that gave me a link for vaporshark. I do believe that will be the one i go with when i order. I have seen so many people talk of having good results with quitting using the e-cigs. It gives me hope that when i get mine. I will finally be able to kick this habit for good. Good luck to y'all.
Old 01-22-2013, 08:48 PM   #7
TWolf

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:
Totally taken

TWolf Has the BEST ReputationTWolf Has the BEST ReputationTWolf Has the BEST ReputationTWolf Has the BEST ReputationTWolf Has the BEST ReputationTWolf Has the BEST ReputationTWolf Has the BEST ReputationTWolf Has the BEST ReputationTWolf Has the BEST ReputationTWolf Has the BEST ReputationTWolf Has the BEST Reputation

If you want a good resource, try the electronic cigarette forum. (would put the link but don't want to run afoul of any rules) they have an excellent new members area as well as sub forums for certified venders. Helps to know who is reliable. I researched for over a month before i finally bought my first kit myself.
Old 02-08-2013, 09:23 AM   #8
spritzerJ
Timed Out - Permanent

How Do You Identify?:
Queer (gender), female (biological marker)
Preferred Pronoun?:
she will work as a default.
Relationship Status:
*engaged to jac* until 8/10/14

Thanked 15,802 Times in 2,905 Posts
spritzerJ Has the BEST ReputationspritzerJ Has the BEST ReputationspritzerJ Has the BEST ReputationspritzerJ Has the BEST ReputationspritzerJ Has the BEST ReputationspritzerJ Has the BEST ReputationspritzerJ Has the BEST ReputationspritzerJ Has the BEST ReputationspritzerJ Has the BEST ReputationspritzerJ Has the BEST ReputationspritzerJ Has the BEST Reputation

Sitting here with my ecig order.... I was wondering when to quit cigarettes. Seems like a blizzard is a good time.

So I have a joyetech 510. Seemed like a reasonable start. I am going with nicotine free blends/flavors. And low or no PG since I have some allergies.
Ordered 5 blends from ecblends.com. They sent a free one. It was very sweet that they sent a free one that was all VG.

I can see how steeping is going to be important. But not sure exactly how important yet.

My starting flavors are:
black raspberry
blackberry
peppermint (I am hoping I'll get some throat hit that reminds me of smoking from that one)
whiskey
cinnamon bun
chocolate cheesecake.

we shall see..
spritzerJ is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to spritzerJ For This Useful Post:
Old 02-08-2013, 09:34 AM   #9
Medusa
Mentally Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mme.
Relationship Status:
Married to JD.

Hmmm.

So I loaded up my "Cherrybomb" from Heather's Heavenly Vapes this morning.

It's been steeping for a week and smells great but I am not so impressed with the flavor so far.

The flavor is good...if you like the taste of liquid honey. To me, it is most assuredly NOT cherry. Don't get me wrong, it's not bad but I wanted a really fruity cherry flavor and this is more like a really mild honeyed apple. Or something.

I'll throw it back in the box to steep a while longer!
The Following User Says Thank You to Medusa For This Useful Post:
Old 02-08-2013, 10:52 AM   #10
Loren_Q

How Do You Identify?:
Loren. If you want to know about me, just ask.
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her, but I'm not that picky.
Relationship Status:
it's complicated...

Loren_Q Has the BEST ReputationLoren_Q Has the BEST ReputationLoren_Q Has the BEST ReputationLoren_Q Has the BEST ReputationLoren_Q Has the BEST ReputationLoren_Q Has the BEST ReputationLoren_Q Has the BEST ReputationLoren_Q Has the BEST ReputationLoren_Q Has the BEST ReputationLoren_Q Has the BEST ReputationLoren_Q Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by spritzerJ View Post
Sitting here with my ecig order.... I was wondering when to quit cigarettes. Seems like a blizzard is a good time.
Good luck! I think there are a few of us who are using e-cigs as a way to quit tobacco. I know it's helping me. I have had 6 tobacco cigs since 12/22/2012, I think that's pretty good.

I use both 0 nic and low nic, cause sometimes I just need the brain hit.

Quote:
I can see how steeping is going to be important. But not sure exactly how important yet.
I just recently started getting juice. In my limited experience steeping pretty much helps all the flavors to develop, and is very important with the more complex or 'tobacco' flavored liquids.

All VG will be milder, regardless of how long you steep it, so if you can get 'extra' flavor or flavor shots, I'd go that route.

My current 'go-to' liquid is a bit over a week steeped, and it is marvelous.

"Everything in the world is about sex, except sex. Sex is about power."
Oscar Wilde
Loren_Q is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Loren_Q For This Useful Post:
Old 02-08-2013, 12:41 PM   #11
julieisafemme

How Do You Identify?:
Femme Woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Married to Greyson

Thanked 3,445 Times in 660 Posts
julieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

I ordered my ego-c stick and some juice. I got a tobacco sampler from Vaperite and some Black Tea from the place Medusa got it. I think the tobacco does not have nicotine. I am a little concerned about that but I will give it a try. So I am not sure about the steeping. I guess I will just have to give it a try.
Old 02-08-2013, 12:57 PM   #12
Medusa
Mentally Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mme.
Relationship Status:
Married to JD.

Quote:
Originally Posted by julieisafemme View Post
I ordered my ego-c stick and some juice. I got a tobacco sampler from Vaperite and some Black Tea from the place Medusa got it. I think the tobacco does not have nicotine. I am a little concerned about that but I will give it a try. So I am not sure about the steeping. I guess I will just have to give it a try.

Ooohohh! Make sure you report back on how you like it!

I have to say, I am really stoked to see so many people going to vaping. Even our buddy, durrrrrrrr, called the other night and has bought an ego-C and is going to try to wean down. I am very excited about the prospect of my beloveds getting off of the smokie treats!

I am 35 days smoke and nicotine free.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Medusa For This Useful Post:
Old 02-08-2013, 01:02 PM   #13
spritzerJ
Timed Out - Permanent

How Do You Identify?:
Queer (gender), female (biological marker)
Preferred Pronoun?:
she will work as a default.
Relationship Status:
*engaged to jac* until 8/10/14

Thanked 15,802 Times in 2,905 Posts
spritzerJ Has the BEST ReputationspritzerJ Has the BEST ReputationspritzerJ Has the BEST ReputationspritzerJ Has the BEST ReputationspritzerJ Has the BEST ReputationspritzerJ Has the BEST ReputationspritzerJ Has the BEST ReputationspritzerJ Has the BEST ReputationspritzerJ Has the BEST ReputationspritzerJ Has the BEST ReputationspritzerJ Has the BEST Reputation

Thanks Loren_Q for the all VG info. I was noticing the flavors are pretty mellow. I will do extra flavor next round.

I am liking my berry/peppermint blends. And the sweet flavors taste yummy. So subtle. Maybe waiting longer (steeping) will help a bit.

I was wondering if I should have one liquid that had a wee bit of nicotine for a rough spot. Something to think about.

Going to do some more investigating. The General is pleased by the smells. She would love it if I stayed quit.
spritzerJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 01:05 PM   #14
Medusa
Mentally Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mme.
Relationship Status:
Married to JD.

Quote:
Thanks Loren_Q for the all VG info. I was noticing the flavors are pretty mellow. I will do extra flavor next round.

I am liking my berry/peppermint blends. And the sweet flavors taste yummy. So subtle. Maybe waiting longer (steeping) will help a bit.

I was wondering if I should have one liquid that had a wee bit of nicotine for a rough spot. Something to think about.

Going to do some more investigating. The General is pleased by the smells. She would love it if I stayed quit.
spritzer!

I added a little mint to my strawberry-watermelon vape and it was awesome!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Medusa For This Useful Post:
Old 02-20-2013, 01:00 PM   #15
morningstar55

How Do You Identify?:
femme,she
Preferred Pronoun?:
she,her,
Relationship Status:
very single

Thanked 4,241 Times in 1,845 Posts
morningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputation
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medusa View Post
Curious if we have any other vapor-ers out there in BFP-land?

I quit smoking over 2 weeks ago and Jackhammer got me the ego-C stick and a supply of nicotine-free juice.

This is my setup:

I am currently using a juice called "Black Tea" from myvaportstore.com and it is AWESOME. GREAT smoke, not tangy at all, and tastes wonderful!

Talk to me!

...congrads.. to you and Jack

life is to short to wake up in the morning with regrets
so love the people who treat you right,
forget about the ones who dont,
and believe that everything happens for a reason.
If you get a chance take it... if it changes your life let it.
morningstar55 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to morningstar55 For This Useful Post:
Old 02-20-2013, 08:14 PM   #16
julieisafemme

How Do You Identify?:
Femme Woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Married to Greyson

Thanked 3,445 Times in 660 Posts
julieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Ok so I got an ego-c stick like Medusa posted in the first thread. In the directions it says to pop the top of the little grey plastic thing and put the juice in. They were IMPOSSIBLE to "pop open". What am I doing wrong? I am sorry to report that I pried them open with scissors and scratched them up in the process. There has to be a better way!
Old 02-20-2013, 09:22 PM   #17
daisygirl

How Do You Identify?:
bisexual submissive femme babygirl :)
Relationship Status:
proud babygirl to the sweetest Daddy who came from Alaska to keep me safe and happy :)

daisygirl Has the BEST Reputationdaisygirl Has the BEST Reputationdaisygirl Has the BEST Reputationdaisygirl Has the BEST Reputationdaisygirl Has the BEST Reputationdaisygirl Has the BEST Reputationdaisygirl Has the BEST Reputationdaisygirl Has the BEST Reputationdaisygirl Has the BEST Reputationdaisygirl Has the BEST Reputationdaisygirl Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by julieisafemme View Post
Ok so I got an ego-c stick like Medusa posted in the first thread. In the directions it says to pop the top of the little grey plastic thing and put the juice in. They were IMPOSSIBLE to "pop open". What am I doing wrong? I am sorry to report that I pried them open with scissors and scratched them up in the process. There has to be a better way!
I have a couple of PVs that have these little tanks. I find that the first time getting them out is the worst. I did, however, discover that if I push it (empty with the plug in place) down on to the atty to pierce the rubber piece, then pull it back out, it is SO much easier to get it out every other time you refill them. I think it's something with the pressure/vacuum that's formed when they cram those little stoppers in there

Hope that helps!

-daisy
Old 02-20-2013, 09:54 PM   #18
Jean_TX

How Do You Identify?:
via driver's license
Preferred Pronoun?:
Jean
Relationship Status:
Not available

Jean_TX Has the BEST ReputationJean_TX Has the BEST ReputationJean_TX Has the BEST ReputationJean_TX Has the BEST ReputationJean_TX Has the BEST ReputationJean_TX Has the BEST ReputationJean_TX Has the BEST ReputationJean_TX Has the BEST ReputationJean_TX Has the BEST ReputationJean_TX Has the BEST ReputationJean_TX Has the BEST Reputation
Unhappy

Has anyone else had trouble with the eGo-C leaking? The metal ferrule that connects the mouthpiece to the cartridge and the metal ferrule that connects the cartridge to the battery are simply press-fit onto the plastic and, in my experience, will leak juice if even the smallest amount of force is applied.

I tried repairing one mouthpiece/cart unit with silicone caulk and the effort wasn't successful. I just tried to fix another mouthpiece/cart unit with Liquid Nails and this effort is a bit more successful but I don't have high hopes for the fix lasting.
Jean_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Jean_TX For This Useful Post:
Old 02-20-2013, 10:05 PM   #19
uncommondialogue

How Do You Identify?:
lesbian; BEMME: Femme with a Butch brain; think Jill from The REAL L Word
Preferred Pronoun?:
SHE
Relationship Status:
Single and looking

uncommondialogue Has the BEST Reputationuncommondialogue Has the BEST Reputationuncommondialogue Has the BEST Reputationuncommondialogue Has the BEST Reputationuncommondialogue Has the BEST Reputationuncommondialogue Has the BEST Reputationuncommondialogue Has the BEST Reputationuncommondialogue Has the BEST Reputationuncommondialogue Has the BEST Reputationuncommondialogue Has the BEST Reputationuncommondialogue Has the BEST Reputation

I just started with my setup. I got a "titty pink" colored Totally Wicked Tornado Tank. I love the different flavors and nicotine savailable for this. Strawberry is a fun flavor (how femme!). Need to totally quit the real tobacco and hope I can do it with this. Having fun mixing flavors too.

Semper Fi

uncommondialogue is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to uncommondialogue For This Useful Post:
Old 02-21-2013, 03:13 PM   #20
daisygirl

How Do You Identify?:
bisexual submissive femme babygirl :)
Relationship Status:
proud babygirl to the sweetest Daddy who came from Alaska to keep me safe and happy :)

daisygirl Has the BEST Reputationdaisygirl Has the BEST Reputationdaisygirl Has the BEST Reputationdaisygirl Has the BEST Reputationdaisygirl Has the BEST Reputationdaisygirl Has the BEST Reputationdaisygirl Has the BEST Reputationdaisygirl Has the BEST Reputationdaisygirl Has the BEST Reputationdaisygirl Has the BEST Reputationdaisygirl Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by uncommondialogue View Post

I just started with my setup. I got a "titty pink" colored Totally Wicked Tornado Tank. I love the different flavors and nicotine savailable for this. Strawberry is a fun flavor (how femme!). Need to totally quit the real tobacco and hope I can do it with this. Having fun mixing flavors too.
I have the 510 version of the TW tank in pink The best way to try to wean off the real ciggies is to vape at around 18mg to start with, if you are/were a heavy smoker you might want to start at 24mg juice/e-liquid. I started at 24 and a year later i'm mostly 12mg with some 18 still. Your brain will still be craving that higher level of nicotine that's in ciggies, even if you smoke lights.

Some people stay at their starter level and are perfectly happy. I went down, but i find that i vape a LOT more at 12mg than i do at 18mg. I still have some 24 in case i'm having a really hardcore craving.

I've talked to my Drs about vaping and both my primary doc and my shrink agree that nicotine is showing, in tests, to help neurorecepters to absorb the chemicals they're trying to recieve. My shrink (and this is just mine, no medical advice here!) said that it's OK to vape at whatever level im comfortable at because nicotine itself is not harmful to the body (unless you drink it or rub it on like lotion, lol) and that the smartest thing is finding your proper level of nicotine so that you aren't getting too little or too much - too little - jonesing, too much - jittery, lol!

There are some good, inexpensive sites for juice, which may help if you decide to start higher and work down. You can always find someone to give leftover juice to or trade to them for something. The ecig forums (nu-vapor and electronic cigarette forum being the 2 biggest) are a fabulous place to not only learn, but to find and trade items!

GL with putting down the ciggies for good - you'll get there and your body will tell you pretty fast how happy it is. You've probably already gotten idea of it from vaping instead of smoking part of the time, already

-daisy