Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > LIFE > Hobbies, Crafts, Interests

Hobbies, Crafts, Interests Do you like to knit? Throw pottery? Go fishing? Camping? Have Pets? Make jewelry? Tell us about it here!

Old 01-30-2010, 11:49 PM   #1
iamkeri1

How Do You Identify?:
femme woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
solo

1 Highscore

Thanked 1,944 Times in 584 Posts
iamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputation
Default Great food for those who hate to cook, lack experience or time, or just like easy stuff

I have been posting on threads where there are some yummy recipes for us all to share, but some of them have tons of ingredients, and frankly, I don't want to work that hard. Most of the recipes I use (what am I talking about - I don't use recipes - I just throw things in the pot!) are very simple and have few ingredients. This thread will be for food that you can prepare quickly, or just leave alone once it has started cooking, or that maybe doesn't get cooked at all.

This is a snack my kids love, but I invented it as something quick to serve to dates after a night on the town back when I was a young Femme.

Ingredients for each treat
1 slice of bread
1 slice of bologna (make some one inch cuts around the
outside to keep it from curling)
1 slice of a medium sized ripe tomato
1 slice of the white stringy cheese of your choice.

Assembly:
bread on bottom,
slice of bologna on top,
slice of tomato on top of that,
and finally the cheese.

Sprinkle on a little paprika, or cajon spice if you like, and stick in your toaster oven. Toast until cheese melts - that takes about the same time as it takes to toast a slice of bread. Variations are endless - it works especially well with cappicola, ham, or genoa salami.
iamkeri1 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to iamkeri1 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-31-2010, 12:01 AM   #2
iamkeri1

How Do You Identify?:
femme woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
solo

1 Highscore

iamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputation

How could I have forgotten my favorite food, and the simplest of all meals? I was an adult before I started likeing spaghetti sauce. As a child my mother always fixed me a separate bowl without sauce - with a generous serving of butter (actually I prefer margarine)

Buttered Spaghetti

Boil about 3 quarts of water. Add about 1/4 lb spaghetti noodles; boil till "al dente" (cooked, but firm.) Drain it (I use a colander to avoid burning myself.)Put it in bowls (this will serve two people.) Add as much butter, salt and pepper as you like and start eating. Hubby liked it with chunks of processed cheese melted into it (one minute in the microwave). Several of my kids like it tossed with parmesan cheese. Me, I'm a purist - I just like it with butter.
Smooches,
Keri
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to iamkeri1 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-31-2010, 10:51 AM   #3
Andrew, Jr.
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Me
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Unavailable

Thanked 5,249 Times in 2,216 Posts
Andrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST Reputation
Smile

Hi Keri,

There is a cookbook that is 1,2, & 3 ingrediants only. Also, if you go online you can pull up some of these online. Rosie does this alot. I am on a special diet because of my kidney disease. Everything is going topsy turvey for me now. But for you and your kids, I would check out the crockpot receipes as well.

Also, my Grandmother made spaghetti the same way you do! That sure did bring back some good memories! Thank you for posting that.

Love,
Andrew
Andrew, Jr. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010, 10:57 AM   #4
Linus
The Planet's Technical Bubba

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him/Geek
Relationship Status:
Married to my forever!

Thanked 10,743 Times in 3,176 Posts
Linus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST Reputation

I'll 2nd crockpot recipes. They are the easiest things to make. Basically, fill the crockpot early in the morning, set it to low-med and let it cook happily on it's own throughout the day. By dinnertime, it's ready.

I usually just search online for easy stuff.. http://busycooks.about.com/od/favori...itecrockpo.htm

"We become Human Doings instead of Human Beings." -- Ram Dass
Linus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010, 10:59 AM   #5
Blade
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
TG
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
once in a while someone amazing comes along...and here I am!

Thanked 14,400 Times in 4,049 Posts
Blade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST Reputation

OK I can do this too.

1 box elbow mac boiled
3 boiled eggs cut up
1 can small early peas

mayo to taste
vinegar to taste
celery salt, salt and pepper to taste
I also use garlic or garlic salt.

Yummy snack
You can put cubed ham, cubed cheese or olives or cherry maters or about anything else in there you like. At any rate it only takes as long as it takes the elbow mac to cook to prepare
Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010, 11:13 AM   #6
Abigail Crabby

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Princess
Relationship Status:
Single, but sociable

Thanked 9,667 Times in 2,484 Posts
Abigail Crabby Has the BEST ReputationAbigail Crabby Has the BEST ReputationAbigail Crabby Has the BEST ReputationAbigail Crabby Has the BEST ReputationAbigail Crabby Has the BEST ReputationAbigail Crabby Has the BEST ReputationAbigail Crabby Has the BEST ReputationAbigail Crabby Has the BEST ReputationAbigail Crabby Has the BEST ReputationAbigail Crabby Has the BEST ReputationAbigail Crabby Has the BEST Reputation

I like to cook

there are some things I shouldn't ever cook - fried potatos for one lol

but others I excel at

I workd 10 - 7 and I get hungry for something good - so I googled easy receipes and found a site dedicated to the hungry, and short on time college student lol

Here's a receipe I've tried and it worked well.

Oven Fried Chicken

Better than the Colonel's own!!! And you don't have to use all that grease to get crispy chicken-just the right topping will do. Wash and skin chicken. Beat one egg in a small bowl. Add spices to the egg mixture. Place bread crumbs in a plastic bag-that's right, a plastic bag. Dip each chicken piece in the egg mixture, then place chicken into the plastic bag. Shake the bag until the chicken is covered with bread crumbs. Bake at 350 for 45 min.
Abigail Crabby is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Abigail Crabby For This Useful Post:
Old 01-31-2010, 11:32 AM   #7
The_Lady_Snow
MILLION $$$ PUSSY

How Do You Identify?:
Kinky, Raw, Perverted, Uber Queer Alpha Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Iconic Ms.
Relationship Status:
Keeper of 3, only one has the map to my freckles

Thanked 80,119 Times in 15,678 Posts
The_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST Reputation
Default Shrimp Ramen

Rip bag open with teeth...

Boil water...

Do not watch it boil, cause it will piss you off

add noodles...

Kick boy around

add secret season Ramen spices

enjoy feet propped on boy..

A nice orange kool aid goes good with this tasty treat
"If you’re going to play these dirty games of ours, then you might as well indulge completely. It’s all about turning back into an animal and that’s the beauty of it. Place your guilt on the sidewalk and take a blow torch to it (guilt is usually worthless anyway). Be perverted, be filthy, do things that mannered people shouldn’t do. If you’re going to be gross then go for it and don’t wimp out."---Master Aiden

The_Lady_Snow is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to The_Lady_Snow For This Useful Post:
Old 01-31-2010, 11:32 AM   #8
Blade
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
TG
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:

Blade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST Reputation

any meat in the oven is basically set it and forget it LOL.

I use country ribs, you know the thick ones w/wout bones
cup of water in a pyrex dish pour over BBQ sauce
350 degrees for about an hour or until tender.

Cube steak beef/deer
pyrex dish cream of mushroom soup or soup of choice
350 until done serve with rice or mashed taters

stew meat beef/deer or a london broil roast cut in half
any soup, best is onion soup or cream of mushroom or just regular brown gravy mix. Throw it in the crock pot with some water. Cook until done. If you use brown gravy or just use thickening put your veggies in there too.

Did I put this in the right thread?
The Following User Says Thank You to Blade For This Useful Post:
Old 01-31-2010, 11:42 AM   #9
Abigail Crabby

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Princess
Relationship Status:
Single, but sociable

Abigail Crabby Has the BEST ReputationAbigail Crabby Has the BEST ReputationAbigail Crabby Has the BEST ReputationAbigail Crabby Has the BEST ReputationAbigail Crabby Has the BEST ReputationAbigail Crabby Has the BEST ReputationAbigail Crabby Has the BEST ReputationAbigail Crabby Has the BEST ReputationAbigail Crabby Has the BEST ReputationAbigail Crabby Has the BEST ReputationAbigail Crabby Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade View Post
any meat in the oven is basically set it and forget it LOL.

I use country ribs, you know the thick ones w/wout bones
cup of water in a pyrex dish pour over BBQ sauce
350 degrees for about an hour or until tender.

Cube steak beef/deer
pyrex dish cream of mushroom soup or soup of choice
350 until done serve with rice or mashed taters

stew meat beef/deer or a london broil roast cut in half
any soup, best is onion soup or cream of mushroom or just regular brown gravy mix. Throw it in the crock pot with some water. Cook until done. If you use brown gravy or just use thickening put your veggies in there too.

Did I put this in the right thread?
You cook Bambi?

Old 01-31-2010, 12:10 PM   #10
Blade
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
TG
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abigail Crabby View Post
You cook Bambi?

umm no Ma'am ya don't kill anything in spots or a doe traveling with a fawn still in spots.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Blade For This Useful Post:
Old 01-31-2010, 12:34 PM   #11
morningstar55

How Do You Identify?:
femme,she
Preferred Pronoun?:
she,her,
Relationship Status:
very single

Thanked 4,241 Times in 1,845 Posts
morningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputation

how about....... Applebees to go.........
there menu is on line .. and u can find a location near you.

http://www.applebees.com/

life is to short to wake up in the morning with regrets
so love the people who treat you right,
forget about the ones who dont,
and believe that everything happens for a reason.
If you get a chance take it... if it changes your life let it.
morningstar55 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to morningstar55 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-31-2010, 12:36 PM   #12
Abigail Crabby

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Princess
Relationship Status:
Single, but sociable

Quote:
umm no Ma'am ya don't kill anything in spots or a doe traveling with a fawn still in spots.
Ok - phew I was totally aghast lol

and no bunnies? right? no lil thumpers?
Old 01-31-2010, 01:00 PM   #13
Blade
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
TG
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:

Quote:
Ok - phew I was totally aghast lol

and no bunnies? right? no lil thumpers?
umm umm ummm well not as long as I can afford to buy some other meet. But yes I have hunted dressed and eaten bunnies. theys good too, fried up and gravy poured over the top yummmm good stuff. But this is an easy thread and having to hunt dress and cook it up aint easy
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Blade For This Useful Post:
Old 01-31-2010, 01:19 PM   #14
Abigail Crabby

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Princess
Relationship Status:
Single, but sociable

Default For Blade

~ 1 -2 rabbits, cut into pieces
~ 3 - 4 tbsp butter
~ flour
~ seasoning salt

Remove all bones and tendons from the rabbit. Rinse well.

Spread the meat onto a cutting board. Cover with plastic wrap and beat with a meat mallet to tenderize and flatten.

Melt the butter in a large skillet.

Dredge the meat pieces in flour then add to the skillet.

Season to taste with seasoning salt.

Cook until lightly browned. Flip and brown other side.

Cover for a few minutes.

Do not overcook! Rabbit is done when you cut into it and don’t see blood.

Serve and enjoy.
Old 01-31-2010, 01:39 PM   #15
Sachita

How Do You Identify?:
Alpha Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Goddess
Relationship Status:
Completely in love

Thanked 8,994 Times in 2,249 Posts
Sachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

OMG you guys are funny. I think hating to cook is one thing. Lack of time isnt. There's always time to fix "something". What about your health? ::::

Ok listen up, this is the list I give my niece, son, young family members that wont cook but need to save money, rather then eat out and still reasonably healthy.

Get apple, grape and pomegranate juice. Mix them if needed, just make sure you get 4-6 oz.

Eat a banana or get banana baby food. I often buy pears, bananas, etc in baby food because I can get organic and sometimes can't get fresh. You can put wheat germ, granola, buts anything. Try it, its easy and a nice treat.

Buy Macaroni salad from deli. Dump in a can of Tuna. If you like them, add a can of baby peas.

Bag salad, any kind, dump in bowl, cut up cheese, ham, turkey, etc. but dont's forget the cukes and tomatoes.

Pita Pizza - buy pita and freeze what you are not using. It will defrost fast, if not you "can" do this frozen although not as good. Take whole pita, open a jar of spaghetti sauce, spread on thick. Top with goat cheese or any cheese. Heat in over or nuke. You can get fancy with this, add mushrooms, veggies, anything.

Tacos- everyone can make these but they are a lot more healthy if you use flour tortillas. Do not forget the veggies. Instead of iceberg use romaine. You can use chicken or if you want meat and healthy buy small packs of organic bison or ground turkey. Bison packs are fast to defrost and lower in fat, higher in protein. Really really good.

Buy Super Veggie Juice, not V-8 but if you can't then v-8 low sodium. You can heat and drink. For a real treat stir in goat cheese when its hot. It will make it creamy. You can even use this as the base for almost any tomato sauce.

omg I have so many quick easy recipes. You could eat healthy, cheap and fast with no problem. Just plan a little ahead.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Sachita For This Useful Post:
Old 01-31-2010, 01:41 PM   #16
Blade
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
TG
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:

Quote:
~ 1 -2 rabbits, cut into pieces
~ 3 - 4 tbsp butter
~ flour
~ seasoning salt

Remove all bones and tendons from the rabbit. Rinse well.

Spread the meat onto a cutting board. Cover with plastic wrap and beat with a meat mallet to tenderize and flatten.

Melt the butter in a large skillet.

Dredge the meat pieces in flour then add to the skillet.

Season to taste with seasoning salt.

Cook until lightly browned. Flip and brown other side.

Cover for a few minutes.

Do not overcook! Rabbit is done when you cut into it and don’t see blood.

Serve and enjoy.
Yummy but I can remove the bones and tendons with my teeth thanks also correcting my spelling from above it is MEAT not meet LOL DUH! Yeah what was I thinking.
Old 01-31-2010, 01:49 PM   #17
Cyclopea

How Do You Identify?:
Butch Lesbian

Thanked 1,617 Times in 633 Posts
Cyclopea Has the BEST ReputationCyclopea Has the BEST ReputationCyclopea Has the BEST ReputationCyclopea Has the BEST ReputationCyclopea Has the BEST ReputationCyclopea Has the BEST ReputationCyclopea Has the BEST ReputationCyclopea Has the BEST ReputationCyclopea Has the BEST ReputationCyclopea Has the BEST ReputationCyclopea Has the BEST Reputation

Cyclopea is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Cyclopea For This Useful Post:
Old 01-31-2010, 02:06 PM   #18
Abigail Crabby

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Princess
Relationship Status:
Single, but sociable

Quote:
Yummy but I can remove the bones and tendons with my teeth thanks also correcting my spelling from above it is MEAT not meet LOL DUH! Yeah what was I thinking.
I personally wouldn't ever eat a bunny - but I figured this was the easy thread and some peeps do lol
Old 01-31-2010, 03:18 PM   #19
iamkeri1

How Do You Identify?:
femme woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
solo

1 Highscore

Default Shrimp a la easy (and yummy!)

Preheat oven to 360 degreesF
1 eight inch square cake pan (ungreased)
6 eight inch flour tortilla
1/2 pound peal and eat shrimp - salad shrimp works great too.
3 firm and crispy (really freah) green onions cut into 1/4 in chunks
1/2 pound grated white melty cheese of your choice

Lay the tortilla on a flat surface. To each tortilla add a handful of shrimp, a sprinkling of onion and a bunch of cheese. (It's recipe for six, so you would add approximately 1/6 of each ingredient to each tortilla) Roll each torilla and lay it edge down in the cake pan. Sprinkle any left over shrimp bits, onion or cheese on the top. If you like LOTS of cheese, spread some more melty cheese on top. Put in oven, heat till cheese melts (about 20 minutes) Don't overcook it,

PS this is a really sexy meal to eat (being all drippy with cheese and all.) It's great for aseduction, if you know what I mean. Start with licking the cheese off each others fingers and go from there. Y'all can figure it out.
Smooches,
Keri
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to iamkeri1 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-31-2010, 03:28 PM   #20
morningstar55

How Do You Identify?:
femme,she
Preferred Pronoun?:
she,her,
Relationship Status:
very single

Thanked 4,241 Times in 1,845 Posts
morningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputation
Talking

im trying to eat better and healthy out here on the roads.....
and applebees when i dont feel like cooking is great........ they even have a awsome wieght watchers section on there menu...
on that link..... i posted... they are featuring some of the dish's in the 1st part of the web site.
and i do believe its all about portion control...
soo when i do cook something in my truck...... i try to think of how big the portions are and fix that for myself.
hmm ya know....... this post should be more for the biggest loser thread... yeah?? lol

life is to short to wake up in the morning with regrets
so love the people who treat you right,
forget about the ones who dont,
and believe that everything happens for a reason.
If you get a chance take it... if it changes your life let it.
morningstar55 is offline   Reply With Quote