Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > LIFE > Hobbies, Crafts, Interests

Hobbies, Crafts, Interests Do you like to knit? Throw pottery? Go fishing? Camping? Have Pets? Make jewelry? Tell us about it here!

Old 03-09-2013, 11:54 PM   #221
meridiantoo

How Do You Identify?:
A Speck in the Milky Way
Preferred Pronoun?:
Her, She
Relationship Status:
Monogamous relationship

Thanked 2,299 Times in 890 Posts
meridiantoo Has the BEST Reputationmeridiantoo Has the BEST Reputationmeridiantoo Has the BEST Reputationmeridiantoo Has the BEST Reputationmeridiantoo Has the BEST Reputationmeridiantoo Has the BEST Reputationmeridiantoo Has the BEST Reputationmeridiantoo Has the BEST Reputationmeridiantoo Has the BEST Reputationmeridiantoo Has the BEST Reputationmeridiantoo Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by spritzerJ View Post

Yes it sounds familiar. When I first started vaping I did so frequently. It took me a long time to work through what felt like enough. Quiet frankly it seemed continuously. It wasn't really but I was like sucking away looking for a feeling that didn't come.
This is exactly what I am experiencing....looking for a feeling that never comes. Not sure what fed/satiated that feeling in the first place. It may not even matter. But, I am glad to hear that phase passes.

Thank you for responding.

Meri
Old 03-10-2013, 01:29 AM   #222
meridiantoo

How Do You Identify?:
A Speck in the Milky Way
Preferred Pronoun?:
Her, She
Relationship Status:
Monogamous relationship

meridiantoo Has the BEST Reputationmeridiantoo Has the BEST Reputationmeridiantoo Has the BEST Reputationmeridiantoo Has the BEST Reputationmeridiantoo Has the BEST Reputationmeridiantoo Has the BEST Reputationmeridiantoo Has the BEST Reputationmeridiantoo Has the BEST Reputationmeridiantoo Has the BEST Reputationmeridiantoo Has the BEST Reputationmeridiantoo Has the BEST Reputation
Default TSA question/Traveling with e-cigs

I will be flying across the U.S. to California in 2 weeks. Does TSA have issues with E-cigs? Or the Liquid? As long as it's checked? Do you guys recommend checked or carry-on with this stuff? And Does California have issues with it?

Thanks for any input.

Meri
Old 03-10-2013, 05:40 AM   #223
meridiantoo

How Do You Identify?:
A Speck in the Milky Way
Preferred Pronoun?:
Her, She
Relationship Status:
Monogamous relationship

Quote:
Originally Posted by meridiantoo View Post
I will be flying across the U.S. to California in 2 weeks. Does TSA have issues with E-cigs? Or the Liquid? As long as it's checked? Do you guys recommend checked or carry-on with this stuff? And Does California have issues with it?

Thanks for any input.

Meri
I answered my own question on the TSA website. In case anyone else is concerned, this is pasted from their website:

"E-Cigarettes are becoming more and more popular and I’m happy to report that TSA has no problem with e-cigs being packed in your carry-on or checked bags. Now as far as using them on a flight, I would suggest you contact your airline and see what they have to say."

"You may transport this item in carry-on baggage or in checked baggage. For items you wish to carry-on, you should check with the airline to ensure that the item will fit in the overhead bin or underneath the seat of the airplane."
Old 03-10-2013, 04:43 PM   #224
meridiantoo

How Do You Identify?:
A Speck in the Milky Way
Preferred Pronoun?:
Her, She
Relationship Status:
Monogamous relationship

Default Juices become tasteless

Do you guys experience lack of taste after while? I'm not sure if it's lack of quality of the juice I am using or that my taste buds become accustomed to the flavor, but unless I just topped off or filled my cartomizer, the juice is pretty much tasteless.
Old 03-10-2013, 05:00 PM   #225
Hollylane
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Thanked 26,373 Times in 5,877 Posts
Hollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST Reputation

I broke into the Dragon's Blood from ECBlends today, I am in vapor-rich heaven...
Hollylane is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Hollylane For This Useful Post:
Old 03-10-2013, 11:39 PM   #226
meridiantoo

How Do You Identify?:
A Speck in the Milky Way
Preferred Pronoun?:
Her, She
Relationship Status:
Monogamous relationship

Default More review stuff of V4L products:

I got a 2 battery set with my starter kit. One is manual and one is automatic. I like each for different reasons. The manual allows you to control how much vapor you receive. I like the automatic in that I just pick it up mindlessly and puff without any thought (like while I am working here at my computer). The automatic gives decent vapor, as much as I need or want.

Between the time I place the order and arrival at my front door, the V4L products take 3-4 days. The company is located in IL, I am in GA. So, it's only shipping a few states away. But, it helps that turn-around time is so fast. They ship USPS first class.

I finally know what equipment I have - 808s. If you need one or have a hard time finding one, they have conversion adapters for 510 to 808 or 808 to 510 for about $4 each.

Definitely get a drip tip. Otherwise, you are inhaling from the open end of a cartomizer. Not to mention the excess liquid/juice can potentially leak all over the place.

Happy vaping!
Old 03-11-2013, 06:25 PM   #227
meridiantoo

How Do You Identify?:
A Speck in the Milky Way
Preferred Pronoun?:
Her, She
Relationship Status:
Monogamous relationship

Default 2 more V4L juice reviews

Ordered 2 more juices from V4L and wanted to give feedback on those:

1) Red Energy - tastes exactly like Red Bull energy drink.

2) Plum Crazy - by far my favorite thus far. Not too sweet, very plum-y. Yum!
Old 03-11-2013, 10:10 PM   #228
daisygirl

How Do You Identify?:
bisexual submissive femme babygirl :)
Relationship Status:
proud babygirl to the sweetest Daddy who came from Alaska to keep me safe and happy :)

daisygirl Has the BEST Reputationdaisygirl Has the BEST Reputationdaisygirl Has the BEST Reputationdaisygirl Has the BEST Reputationdaisygirl Has the BEST Reputationdaisygirl Has the BEST Reputationdaisygirl Has the BEST Reputationdaisygirl Has the BEST Reputationdaisygirl Has the BEST Reputationdaisygirl Has the BEST Reputationdaisygirl Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Do you guys experience lack of taste after while? I'm not sure if it's lack of quality of the juice I am using or that my taste buds become accustomed to the flavor, but unless I just topped off or filled my cartomizer, the juice is pretty much tasteless.
It's called mudmouth - i mentioned it in a post a few pages back so you probably missed it. Almost everyone goes through this phase. Your taste buds are rebuilding themselves so you'll experience both lack of taste, or a time when anything tastes bad. It happens every so often even with long time vapers. A lot of it could also be the quality of the juice.

Quote:
I got a 2 battery set with my starter kit. One is manual and one is automatic. I like each for different reasons. The manual allows you to control how much vapor you receive. I like the automatic in that I just pick it up mindlessly and puff without any thought (like while I am working here at my computer). The automatic gives decent vapor, as much as I need or want.

Between the time I place the order and arrival at my front door, the V4L products take 3-4 days. The company is located in IL, I am in GA. So, it's only shipping a few states away. But, it helps that turn-around time is so fast. They ship USPS first class.

I finally know what equipment I have - 808s. If you need one or have a hard time finding one, they have conversion adapters for 510 to 808 or 808 to 510 for about $4 each.

Definitely get a drip tip. Otherwise, you are inhaling from the open end of a cartomizer. Not to mention the excess liquid/juice can potentially leak all over the place.

Happy vaping!
#1 When you're not using your automatic you should remove the cartomizer between uses because it will continue a low drain on the battery if it's on there. Manuals should have a 3-5 click on off function. If yours doesn't have this option, again you should leave it without the cartomizer to prevent battery drain.

#2 the 808 does have a converter - most places sell them for about 2-3 bucks, but if you're able to get yours at V4L go ahead and get it there. You'll probably get tired of using converters at some point and get a couple of 510 threaded units

#3 your cartomizers come with a plug in the tip - we all used them long before someone thought to use drip tips - you should never vape without the little plug or a drip tip on there, and yes it's easier with a drip tip.

I also wanted to address one thing that really stood out to me in your users' guide. You do NOT want to clean your cartomizers daily. In fact, unless you're trying to change flavors washing a cartomizer will kill it fast. You're also wasting at least 1-1.5ml of juice every time you clean it! I have cartos that still work after months. I don't really use them any more, with the advent of the Ego style batteries and systems, most of us use tanks now.

The biggest use for cartomizers is for "DCTs" which is a dual coil tank. In that system the carto is surrounded by liquid in the tank and drawn up through holes made in the base of the cartomizer and vaped with either that little plug in, or preferably a drip tip. If you tried to clean it, you'd waste even more juice.

Drip tips are fun to buy/collect. There's everything from plain black plastic to fancy blown glass and everything pretty or functional in between

I know you're still feeling your way through this. If anyone wants me to write up a more advanced user manual (past the basics) I'd be happy to do it

Good luck!

-daisy
Old 03-11-2013, 10:46 PM   #229
meridiantoo

How Do You Identify?:
A Speck in the Milky Way
Preferred Pronoun?:
Her, She
Relationship Status:
Monogamous relationship

Quote:
Originally Posted by daisygirl View Post
It's called mudmouth - i mentioned it in a post a few pages back so you probably missed it. Almost everyone goes through this phase. Your taste buds are rebuilding themselves so you'll experience both lack of taste, or a time when anything tastes bad. It happens every so often even with long time vapers. A lot of it could also be the quality of the juice.
Daisy,

Ahh I did read that post, but I thought it was too soon for me to start experiencing that yet. Ty for telling me!

Quote:
#1 When you're not using your automatic you should remove the cartomizer between uses because it will continue a low drain on the battery if it's on there. Manuals should have a 3-5 click on off function. If yours doesn't have this option, again you should leave it without the cartomizer to prevent battery drain.

#2 the 808 does have a converter - most places sell them for about 2-3 bucks, but if you're able to get yours at V4L go ahead and get it there. You'll probably get tired of using converters at some point and get a couple of 510 threaded units

#3 your cartomizers come with a plug in the tip - we all used them long before someone thought to use drip tips - you should never vape without the little plug or a drip tip on there, and yes it's easier with a drip tip.

I also wanted to address one thing that really stood out to me in your users' guide. You do NOT want to clean your cartomizers daily. In fact, unless you're trying to change flavors washing a cartomizer will kill it fast. You're also wasting at least 1-1.5ml of juice every time you clean it! I have cartos that still work after months. I don't really use them any more, with the advent of the Ego style batteries and systems, most of us use tanks now.

The biggest use for cartomizers is for "DCTs" which is a dual coil tank. In that system the carto is surrounded by liquid in the tank and drawn up through holes made in the base of the cartomizer and vaped with either that little plug in, or preferably a drip tip. If you tried to clean it, you'd waste even more juice.

Drip tips are fun to buy/collect. There's everything from plain black plastic to fancy blown glass and everything pretty or functional in between

I know you're still feeling your way through this. If anyone wants me to write up a more advanced user manual (past the basics) I'd be happy to do it

Good luck!

-daisy
Thank you so much for all of this, Daisy. I would personally love an advanced user manual. I am still trying to figure it all out.

Meri
Old 03-12-2013, 12:27 PM   #230
LaDivina

How Do You Identify?:
Lady-femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Lady-ones

Thanked 1,729 Times in 413 Posts
LaDivina Has the BEST ReputationLaDivina Has the BEST ReputationLaDivina Has the BEST ReputationLaDivina Has the BEST ReputationLaDivina Has the BEST ReputationLaDivina Has the BEST ReputationLaDivina Has the BEST ReputationLaDivina Has the BEST ReputationLaDivina Has the BEST ReputationLaDivina Has the BEST ReputationLaDivina Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
I answered my own question on the TSA website. In case anyone else is concerned, this is pasted from their website:

"E-Cigarettes are becoming more and more popular and I’m happy to report that TSA has no problem with e-cigs being packed in your carry-on or checked bags. Now as far as using them on a flight, I would suggest you contact your airline and see what they have to say."

"You may transport this item in carry-on baggage or in checked baggage. For items you wish to carry-on, you should check with the airline to ensure that the item will fit in the overhead bin or underneath the seat of the airplane."
Make sure that if you carry on any juice bottles, that they be less than 3 oz and go in your quart-size bag of liquids. (I put my spare filled tanks in there as well.) We just got back from vacation and did that, and had no problems at all. We didn't try to use them in the plane, though...we didn't want to incur any misplaced wrath from our fellow travelers!
LaDivina is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to LaDivina For This Useful Post:
Old 03-12-2013, 01:15 PM   #231
LaDivina

How Do You Identify?:
Lady-femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Lady-ones

Thanked 1,729 Times in 413 Posts
LaDivina Has the BEST ReputationLaDivina Has the BEST ReputationLaDivina Has the BEST ReputationLaDivina Has the BEST ReputationLaDivina Has the BEST ReputationLaDivina Has the BEST ReputationLaDivina Has the BEST ReputationLaDivina Has the BEST ReputationLaDivina Has the BEST ReputationLaDivina Has the BEST ReputationLaDivina Has the BEST Reputation

By the way, our last order from ECBlends was shipped with a freebie bottle of "Buttered Keoke Rum Coffee," which is really good! It steeped for probably 2 weeks before I tried it.
LaDivina is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to LaDivina For This Useful Post:
Old 03-12-2013, 05:38 PM   #232
meridiantoo

How Do You Identify?:
A Speck in the Milky Way
Preferred Pronoun?:
Her, She
Relationship Status:
Monogamous relationship

Default Another random thought on vaping

I have noticed the juices at V4L have a stronger tobacco-y/nicotine taste to them that competes with the flavor. At 24mg, you taste both the nicotine and the flavor. At 11mg, you taste a lot more of the flavor. This may be only true of V4L juices; I don't know yet.

Old 03-13-2013, 09:24 PM   #233
daisygirl

How Do You Identify?:
bisexual submissive femme babygirl :)
Relationship Status:
proud babygirl to the sweetest Daddy who came from Alaska to keep me safe and happy :)

daisygirl Has the BEST Reputationdaisygirl Has the BEST Reputationdaisygirl Has the BEST Reputationdaisygirl Has the BEST Reputationdaisygirl Has the BEST Reputationdaisygirl Has the BEST Reputationdaisygirl Has the BEST Reputationdaisygirl Has the BEST Reputationdaisygirl Has the BEST Reputationdaisygirl Has the BEST Reputationdaisygirl Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
I have noticed the juices at V4L have a stronger tobacco-y/nicotine taste to them that competes with the flavor. At 24mg, you taste both the nicotine and the flavor. At 11mg, you taste a lot more of the flavor. This may be only true of V4L juices; I don't know yet.

That's one of the functions of steeping - to reduce any weird tastes in the juice from nicotine. There really shouldn't be a taste, but it does happen. I make my own juice and depending on the source of the nicotine some adds no flavor, some reacts with the ingredients (most common way you end up tasting it) and sometimes it tastes a little peppery. In the last 2 scenarios you'd want to steep it. Either with hot water baths (the fast way) or by just giving everything time to meld and lose the nicotine taste. The best way is time - hot baths can fail, but they can't hurt to try. The higher the nic level, tobacco flavor - the more steeping you'll need. Higher end juices use better nicotine and other ingredients (which is usually why they cost more) but they can still need steeping so don't automatically assume it's juice quality - although if you took a poll among people who started with a vapor company like V4L you'll hear a lot of people say the juice was horrible (not my opinion, just things i've heard!) and at some points not even vapeable

GL!

-daisy

PS - you can't steep cartomizers so if you're buying pre-filled - what you have is what you get
Old 03-13-2013, 09:58 PM   #234
meridiantoo

How Do You Identify?:
A Speck in the Milky Way
Preferred Pronoun?:
Her, She
Relationship Status:
Monogamous relationship

Quote:
That's one of the functions of steeping - to reduce any weird tastes in the juice from nicotine. There really shouldn't be a taste, but it does happen. I make my own juice and depending on the source of the nicotine some adds no flavor, some reacts with the ingredients (most common way you end up tasting it) and sometimes it tastes a little peppery. In the last 2 scenarios you'd want to steep it. Either with hot water baths (the fast way) or by just giving everything time to meld and lose the nicotine taste. The best way is time - hot baths can fail, but they can't hurt to try. The higher the nic level, tobacco flavor - the more steeping you'll need. Higher end juices use better nicotine and other ingredients (which is usually why they cost more) but they can still need steeping so don't automatically assume it's juice quality - although if you took a poll among people who started with a vapor company like V4L you'll hear a lot of people say the juice was horrible (not my opinion, just things i've heard!) and at some points not even vapeable

GL!

-daisy

PS - you can't steep cartomizers so if you're buying pre-filled - what you have is what you get
Daisy ~

I will try the hot bath method and see if that works, remembering to put tape over the labels so they don't come off. I will be ordering from either or both HHV or/and Alice in Vapeland when I return from vacation. I will have to make these do for now - hopefully, some steeping will improve the ones with the higher nicotine levels. Honestly, the taste of smoking tastes so bad, even the very nicotine-tasting juices are better than ashtray mouth

Thanks for your help again, Daisy!

Meri

Old 03-14-2013, 10:05 PM   #235
Hollylane
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Hollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST Reputation

Alice has delivered, and I now have to wait to travel down the rabbit hole(wait out the steeping process)

Besides my two 50ml glass bottles (Black & White Cookie, and A Quiet Morning...both delicious on the drop test), with eye droppers and adorable little trinkets attached to their necks, they sent 5 samples, of which the Lemon Loves Cake is the most fabulous...

The packaging was just as amazing as Medusa's...
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hollylane For This Useful Post:
Old 03-15-2013, 09:36 AM   #236
Loren_Q

How Do You Identify?:
Loren. If you want to know about me, just ask.
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her, but I'm not that picky.
Relationship Status:
it's complicated...

Loren_Q Has the BEST ReputationLoren_Q Has the BEST ReputationLoren_Q Has the BEST ReputationLoren_Q Has the BEST ReputationLoren_Q Has the BEST ReputationLoren_Q Has the BEST ReputationLoren_Q Has the BEST ReputationLoren_Q Has the BEST ReputationLoren_Q Has the BEST ReputationLoren_Q Has the BEST ReputationLoren_Q Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollylane View Post
Alice has delivered, and I now have to wait to travel down the rabbit hole(wait out the steeping process)

Besides my two 50ml glass bottles (Black & White Cookie, and A Quiet Morning...both delicious on the drop test), with eye droppers and adorable little trinkets attached to their necks, they sent 5 samples, of which the Lemon Loves Cake is the most fabulous...

The packaging was just as amazing as Medusa's...
Hmmm... I ordered the same week you did and haven't gotten mine yet.

"Everything in the world is about sex, except sex. Sex is about power."
Oscar Wilde
Loren_Q is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Loren_Q For This Useful Post:
Old 03-15-2013, 12:58 PM   #237
meridiantoo

How Do You Identify?:
A Speck in the Milky Way
Preferred Pronoun?:
Her, She
Relationship Status:
Monogamous relationship

Default V4L battery info

I just wanted to give some info on the batteries I purchased from Vapor4Life. I seem to use the automatic battery more. If I keep it attached to a cartomizer for the whole day, meaning I am using it all day, then the battery life is about 12 hours. It recharges in about 4 hours. The manual battery lasts about a day and a half and takes about the same amount of time to recharge. Both batteries are VK classic models.

Last edited by meridiantoo; 03-15-2013 at 01:00 PM. Reason: added battery model name
meridiantoo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to meridiantoo For This Useful Post:
Old 03-15-2013, 01:04 PM   #238
uncommondialogue

How Do You Identify?:
lesbian; BEMME: Femme with a Butch brain; think Jill from The REAL L Word
Preferred Pronoun?:
SHE
Relationship Status:
Single and looking

uncommondialogue Has the BEST Reputationuncommondialogue Has the BEST Reputationuncommondialogue Has the BEST Reputationuncommondialogue Has the BEST Reputationuncommondialogue Has the BEST Reputationuncommondialogue Has the BEST Reputationuncommondialogue Has the BEST Reputationuncommondialogue Has the BEST Reputationuncommondialogue Has the BEST Reputationuncommondialogue Has the BEST Reputationuncommondialogue Has the BEST Reputation
Default Totally Wicked Tornado Tank Review

I have been watching a lot of different sites for vaping and I am so glad I purchased the Totally Wicked Tornado Tank. It has great reviews. I got a wee bit confused about dripping while reading this site. I guess because with this system it is an automatic dripping system...no need for the mess of carrying around juices, etc. Thought I would post this system for others to take a peek at. I love it!
http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...o+tank+reviews

Semper Fi

uncommondialogue is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to uncommondialogue For This Useful Post:
Old 03-15-2013, 09:35 PM   #239
Hollylane
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loren_Q View Post
Hmmm... I ordered the same week you did and haven't gotten mine yet.
Might be a few days behind mine. It sometimes takes them several days to work the same day's orders. At least that is what I saw happening from their tweets.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hollylane For This Useful Post:
Old 03-16-2013, 05:42 PM   #240
uncommondialogue

How Do You Identify?:
lesbian; BEMME: Femme with a Butch brain; think Jill from The REAL L Word
Preferred Pronoun?:
SHE
Relationship Status:
Single and looking

uncommondialogue Has the BEST Reputationuncommondialogue Has the BEST Reputationuncommondialogue Has the BEST Reputationuncommondialogue Has the BEST Reputationuncommondialogue Has the BEST Reputationuncommondialogue Has the BEST Reputationuncommondialogue Has the BEST Reputationuncommondialogue Has the BEST Reputationuncommondialogue Has the BEST Reputationuncommondialogue Has the BEST Reputationuncommondialogue Has the BEST Reputation
Default Discreet vaping at desk

I watched a youtube video addressing this issue...the guy said fir when you draw, lrsbr in mouth...inhale...then inahale again...most of the vapor doesn;t show after that

Semper Fi

uncommondialogue is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to uncommondialogue For This Useful Post: