A. Spectre

How Do You Identify?:
Butch dominant lesbian
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Baby Boi
Relationship Status:
She is my sunrise and sunset.

Thanked 10,783 Times in 1,440 Posts
A. Spectre Has the BEST ReputationA. Spectre Has the BEST ReputationA. Spectre Has the BEST ReputationA. Spectre Has the BEST ReputationA. Spectre Has the BEST ReputationA. Spectre Has the BEST ReputationA. Spectre Has the BEST ReputationA. Spectre Has the BEST ReputationA. Spectre Has the BEST ReputationA. Spectre Has the BEST ReputationA. Spectre Has the BEST Reputation

When you lie on your resume, but still get the job.

A. Spectre is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to A. Spectre For This Useful Post:
Old 08-25-2016, 10:49 AM   #20902
Orema
Superlative Soul Sister

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her, shawty
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 34,101 Times in 8,595 Posts
Orema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST Reputation
Default Mother Jones (1837–1930)

Mary Harris "Mother" Jones

Orema is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Orema For This Useful Post:
Old 08-25-2016, 03:03 PM   #20903
kittygrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
her poison apple
Preferred Pronoun?:
b. grrl
Relationship Status:
her favorite snack

Thanked 21,373 Times in 6,723 Posts
kittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputation
Default Proxima b

"in the Goldilocks zone-earth sized-it's close but would take thousands of years to get there"
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to kittygrrl For This Useful Post:
Old 08-26-2016, 05:20 AM   #20904
A. Spectre

How Do You Identify?:
Butch dominant lesbian
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Baby Boi
Relationship Status:

A. Spectre Has the BEST ReputationA. Spectre Has the BEST ReputationA. Spectre Has the BEST ReputationA. Spectre Has the BEST ReputationA. Spectre Has the BEST ReputationA. Spectre Has the BEST ReputationA. Spectre Has the BEST ReputationA. Spectre Has the BEST ReputationA. Spectre Has the BEST ReputationA. Spectre Has the BEST ReputationA. Spectre Has the BEST Reputation

The unbelievable life of a forgotten genius who turned American's space dreams into reality.

Meet Katherine Johnson, mathematician extraordinaire.

"There's no protocol for women attending," says a white man in a suit holding a sheaf of papers.

"There's no protocol for a man circling the Earth either, sir," Taraji P. Henson retorts in my favorite line from the new trailer for the movie "Hidden Figures," due theaters this January.

Henson plays Katherine Johnson, a brilliant mathematician at NASA working on the space program in its earliest days, beginning in the 1950s. Many of NASA's first missions were made possible by Johnson's intrepid, unparalleled calculations.

The movie is based on a nonfiction book of the same name by Margot Lee Shetterly, who grew up near NASA's Langley Research Center, where Johnson and her colleagues worked.

Johnson still lives near Langley in Hampton, Virginia, where she'll be celebrating her 98th birthday later this month. Keep scrolling to learn the true story of her incredible life.

http://www.businessinsider.com/kathe...mputers-2016-8

Old 08-26-2016, 09:59 AM   #20905
C0LLETTE
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Depends on the day.
Preferred Pronoun?:
"I" and "we"
Relationship Status:
Very good. Thank you for asking.

Thanked 15,262 Times in 4,345 Posts
C0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST Reputation

C0LLETTE is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to C0LLETTE For This Useful Post:
Old 08-26-2016, 10:28 AM   #20906
C0LLETTE
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Depends on the day.
Preferred Pronoun?:
"I" and "we"
Relationship Status:
Very good. Thank you for asking.

Thanked 15,262 Times in 4,345 Posts
C0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST Reputation

Not sure if this is acceptable but I must confess that I found it quite funny.
C0LLETTE is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to C0LLETTE For This Useful Post:
Old 08-26-2016, 11:03 AM   #20907
Genesis
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Femme on a varied spectrum/babygirl
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her/hers
Relationship Status:
Loved ლ ⚢

Thanked 14,633 Times in 6,270 Posts
Genesis Has the BEST ReputationGenesis Has the BEST ReputationGenesis Has the BEST ReputationGenesis Has the BEST ReputationGenesis Has the BEST ReputationGenesis Has the BEST ReputationGenesis Has the BEST ReputationGenesis Has the BEST ReputationGenesis Has the BEST ReputationGenesis Has the BEST ReputationGenesis Has the BEST Reputation
Arrow Yes!

Genesis is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Genesis For This Useful Post:
Old 08-26-2016, 12:54 PM   #20908
gotoseagrl

How Do You Identify?:
old-fashioned queer stone submissive girl
Preferred Pronoun?:
mermaid, *very* lucky babygirl
Relationship Status:
Saltwater mermaid ♡

Thanked 6,116 Times in 1,726 Posts
gotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputation

This is perfect, I couldn't have said it any better. Thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genesis View Post

gotoseagrl is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to gotoseagrl For This Useful Post:
Old 08-26-2016, 12:58 PM   #20909
gotoseagrl

How Do You Identify?:
old-fashioned queer stone submissive girl
Preferred Pronoun?:
mermaid, *very* lucky babygirl
Relationship Status:
Saltwater mermaid ♡

Thanked 6,116 Times in 1,726 Posts
gotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputation
Default For the Halloween Fans!

One of my favorite people posted this on her blog and it got me excited.

http://www.halloweencountdown.com/

gotoseagrl is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to gotoseagrl For This Useful Post:
Old 08-26-2016, 03:02 PM   #20910
CherryWine

How Do You Identify?:
lesbian femme

Thanked 10,084 Times in 2,186 Posts
CherryWine Has the BEST ReputationCherryWine Has the BEST ReputationCherryWine Has the BEST ReputationCherryWine Has the BEST ReputationCherryWine Has the BEST ReputationCherryWine Has the BEST ReputationCherryWine Has the BEST ReputationCherryWine Has the BEST ReputationCherryWine Has the BEST ReputationCherryWine Has the BEST ReputationCherryWine Has the BEST Reputation
Default Clearly some people have too much time on their....noses.

CherryWine is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to CherryWine For This Useful Post:
Old 08-27-2016, 07:43 AM   #20911
A. Spectre

How Do You Identify?:
Butch dominant lesbian
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Baby Boi
Relationship Status:

WARNING: Do not scroll down if you have vertigo

Riding a unicycle on a crumbling 800 foot chimney.

*If you drop something at this height, it takes 10 seconds to hit the ground below.
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to A. Spectre For This Useful Post:
Old 08-27-2016, 09:12 AM   #20912
Bèsame*
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femm
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
☀️☀️☀️

Thanked 39,539 Times in 10,209 Posts
Bèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST Reputation
Default Adele's Hello, with a Reggie beat

A kiss is a whisper in your mouth.
Can I borrow a kiss? I promise to give it back.
Bèsame* is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Bèsame* For This Useful Post:
Old 08-27-2016, 12:50 PM   #20913
CherryWine

How Do You Identify?:
lesbian femme

Thanked 10,084 Times in 2,186 Posts
CherryWine Has the BEST ReputationCherryWine Has the BEST ReputationCherryWine Has the BEST ReputationCherryWine Has the BEST ReputationCherryWine Has the BEST ReputationCherryWine Has the BEST ReputationCherryWine Has the BEST ReputationCherryWine Has the BEST ReputationCherryWine Has the BEST ReputationCherryWine Has the BEST ReputationCherryWine Has the BEST Reputation
Default My all-time favorite movie scene

CherryWine is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to CherryWine For This Useful Post:
Old 08-28-2016, 07:47 AM   #20914
A. Spectre

How Do You Identify?:
Butch dominant lesbian
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Baby Boi
Relationship Status:

Silly, silly Sunday

The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to A. Spectre For This Useful Post:
Old 08-29-2016, 07:18 AM   #20915
A. Spectre

How Do You Identify?:
Butch dominant lesbian
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Baby Boi
Relationship Status:

NO Spoilers, I promise.

So, over the weekend I saw the movie Don't Breathe. I thoroughly enjoy a good scary flick, but there are really very few good ones. *imo

Hollywood disappoints on so many occasions, with their hyped up positive paid reviews of so many movies. But when I saw the trailer for this movie, it stopped me in my tracks! It appeared to be so simple, could it possibly be as riveting as they claim?

Why yes! it was. The imagery of down and out Detroit Michigan as the setting was brilliant. No CGI (computer generated imagery) was used, or so that was obvious. The acting was believable using no huge blockbuster folks.

Like a good roller coaster ride, your emotions and loyalty are all over the place. Takes a lot to surprise me, but this one did in a way that deserves applause for the director.

A wonderful social allegory. I recommend highly for people who enjoy this genre of film.
Old 08-29-2016, 08:24 AM   #20916
Orema
Superlative Soul Sister

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her, shawty
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 34,101 Times in 8,595 Posts
Orema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST Reputation
Default The Cost of Holding On ... (Let it go)

Let’s start with a story from Jon Muth’s book “Zen Shorts.”
Two traveling monks reached a town where there was a young woman waiting to step out of her sedan chair. The rains had made deep puddles and she couldn’t step across without spoiling her silken robes. She stood there, looking very cross and impatient. She was scolding her attendants. They had nowhere to place the packages they held for her, so they couldn’t help her across the puddle.

The younger monk noticed the woman, said nothing, and walked by. The older monk quickly picked her up and put her on his back, transported her across the water, and put her down on the other side. She didn’t thank the older monk; she just shoved him out of the way and departed.

As they continued on their way, the young monk was brooding and preoccupied. After several hours, unable to hold his silence, he spoke out. “That woman back there was very selfish and rude, but you picked her up on your back and carried her! Then, she didn’t even thank you!”

“I set the woman down hours ago,” the older monk replied. “Why are you still carrying her?”
There is an actual cost to holding onto things we should let go of. It can come in the form of anger, frustration, resentment or something even worse.

The full article by Carl Richards can be found here.
Orema is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Orema For This Useful Post:
Old 08-29-2016, 08:50 AM   #20917
Soon
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Relationship Status:
attached

Thanked 13,118 Times in 3,391 Posts
Soon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by A. Spectre View Post
NO Spoilers, I promise.

So, over the weekend I saw the movie Don't Breathe. I thoroughly enjoy a good scary flick, but there are really very few good ones. *imo

Hollywood disappoints on so many occasions, with their hyped up positive paid reviews of so many movies. But when I saw the trailer for this movie, it stopped me in my tracks! It appeared to be so simple, could it possibly be as riveting as they claim?

Why yes! it was. The imagery of down and out Detroit Michigan as the setting was brilliant. No CGI (computer generated imagery) was used, or so that was obvious. The acting was believable using no huge blockbuster folks.

Like a good roller coaster ride, your emotions and loyalty are all over the place. Takes a lot to surprise me, but this one did in a way that deserves applause for the director.

A wonderful social allegory. I recommend highly for people who enjoy this genre of film.
We saw it this weekend too...it was awesome!!! Love a GOOD horror flick!
Soon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Soon For This Useful Post:
Old 08-30-2016, 06:49 AM   #20918
A. Spectre

How Do You Identify?:
Butch dominant lesbian
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Baby Boi
Relationship Status:

The perfect gift for the person who has everything. *RME

$600 designer sneakers feature dirt, tears and duct tape

In case you don't have the patience to wear in sneakers for yourself, you can now blow your latest paycheck on a pair of pre-dirtied, pre-ripped and pre-duct taped kicks.

Fancy brand Golden Goose is selling the Distressed Superstar Sneakers at Barneys for approximately $600 a pair – but you can't really put a price on the creating the illusion of being a chill person who wears comfy sneaks so often that they're nearly destroyed.

Not only are the shoes covered in what looks like dirt, but the pink pair features very frayed laces and appears to be held together by duct tape

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to A. Spectre For This Useful Post:
Old 08-30-2016, 07:00 AM   #20919
kittygrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
her poison apple
Preferred Pronoun?:
b. grrl
Relationship Status:
her favorite snack

Thanked 21,373 Times in 6,723 Posts
kittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputation
Default whatever the question -pi (3.14159.) is the answer!

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to kittygrrl For This Useful Post:
Old 08-31-2016, 06:05 PM   #20920
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Monogamously Attached ❤️

Thanked 32,009 Times in 9,947 Posts
Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation

Kätzchen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post:

Tags
randomly, randomly post, stuff