Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > HEALTH: BODY, MIND, SPIRIT > Support: Abuse, Addiction, Coping

Old 04-08-2010, 09:01 PM   #81
angelswhisper

Default Thinking of you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spirit Dancer View Post
Today my father took his last walk along the red road, he's now at peace;
In a better place so they say, but grief consumes those left behind,
even when we expect it, there's never a preparation for good bye.
Pain sears and tears blind, grief... there is no time limit for when it ends.
RIP Dad
My Dearest Spirit Dancer!
My heart aches for you. May you be wrapped in love, strength and comfort as you walk this most difficult path. Thinking of you and always here if you need anything...

Thinking of you!
Angel~
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Old 04-08-2010, 09:27 PM   #82
Passionaria

How Do You Identify?:
Urban Bohemian : http://youtu.be/IM96Ch9Gx4A

Thanked 3,735 Times in 1,250 Posts
Passionaria Has the BEST ReputationPassionaria Has the BEST ReputationPassionaria Has the BEST ReputationPassionaria Has the BEST ReputationPassionaria Has the BEST ReputationPassionaria Has the BEST ReputationPassionaria Has the BEST ReputationPassionaria Has the BEST ReputationPassionaria Has the BEST ReputationPassionaria Has the BEST ReputationPassionaria Has the BEST Reputation
Default {{{Spirit Dancer}}}

Quote:
RIP Dad

My heart goes out to you and your family. I am so sorry for your loss. Wishing you all be surrounded with much love and support. This song is to honor of your DAD. Pashi

Old 04-09-2010, 01:07 PM   #83
Spirit Dancer

How Do You Identify?:
Complex but Tender
Preferred Pronoun?:
~Ma`am~
Relationship Status:
Shotgun Rider

Thanked 12,951 Times in 3,466 Posts
Spirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfyOne View Post
I've never been to this thread, but saw your post my friend. I've come to support you. When you need someone to lean on, I'm as close as a call. I feel your pain because I understand it. I'm just sorry that I'm not closer to you in your time of need.

Today this one is especially for you

Thank you very much Wolfy, for friendship and an ear, it's appreciated always.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommi View Post
Sending shade and lemonade under a big tree. Hoping the sunshine kisses your cheek, the winds of time carry away the pain, and loved ones hold you close
Tommi, As always thank you, yes in time....all things are suppose to be better. My friend thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelswhisper View Post
My Dearest Spirit Dancer!
My heart aches for you. May you be wrapped in love, strength and comfort as you walk this most difficult path. Thinking of you and always here if you need anything...

Thinking of you!
Angel~
Angel, Thank you for the kind words, they speak volumes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Passionaria View Post

My heart goes out to you and your family. I am so sorry for your loss. Wishing you all be surrounded with much love and support. This song is to honor of your DAD. Pashi

Pashi~ what a beautiful video, my guess is there's a smile on his face. My friend you are so very special
Spirit Dancer is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Spirit Dancer For This Useful Post:
Old 04-11-2010, 06:44 PM   #84
Andrew, Jr.
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Me
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Unavailable

Thanked 5,249 Times in 2,216 Posts
Andrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST Reputation
Smile Children and Grieving

There is a camp for kids (ages 6 - 17) called Camp Erin. There are 36 camps in 23 states. Look it up online under the name.

Peace & Love to all,
Andrew
Andrew, Jr. is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Andrew, Jr. For This Useful Post:
Old 04-17-2010, 06:50 AM   #85
Spirit Dancer

How Do You Identify?:
Complex but Tender
Preferred Pronoun?:
~Ma`am~
Relationship Status:
Shotgun Rider

Thanked 12,951 Times in 3,466 Posts
Spirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST Reputation

For many reasons I sit and post this today, but the main one being there is no time limit on ones grief. Today is the day we lay my father to rest, it's been difficult this past week and the closer I got to leaving the harder it become to deal with the over whelming feelings I was facing. In the same time it would seem some thought me distant and off of the normal path.
Why can't it be that my head space isn't where others deem I need to be, why can I not just grief without judgement.
Not everyone grieves the same way, I shut down always have and proably always will, especially with those who do not know me. Life is not fair and no two are alike, just wishing there was more compassion and less judging when it comes to grieving.

Blessings,
Spirit
Spirit Dancer is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Spirit Dancer For This Useful Post:
Old 04-17-2010, 07:02 AM   #86
diamondrose

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 2,895 Times in 923 Posts
diamondrose Has the BEST Reputationdiamondrose Has the BEST Reputationdiamondrose Has the BEST Reputationdiamondrose Has the BEST Reputationdiamondrose Has the BEST Reputationdiamondrose Has the BEST Reputationdiamondrose Has the BEST Reputationdiamondrose Has the BEST Reputationdiamondrose Has the BEST Reputationdiamondrose Has the BEST Reputationdiamondrose Has the BEST Reputation

Much Support Spirit.
diamondrose is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to diamondrose For This Useful Post:
Old 04-17-2010, 08:05 AM   #87
Sybelle

How Do You Identify?:
see Scota_Parisi
Preferred Pronoun?:
see Scota_Parisi
Relationship Status:
see Scota_Parisi

Sybelle has a reputation beyond reputeSybelle has a reputation beyond reputeSybelle has a reputation beyond reputeSybelle has a reputation beyond reputeSybelle has a reputation beyond reputeSybelle has a reputation beyond reputeSybelle has a reputation beyond reputeSybelle has a reputation beyond reputeSybelle has a reputation beyond reputeSybelle has a reputation beyond reputeSybelle has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
RIP Dad

So sorry for your loss. Hope today goes ok for you and yours. Many hugs!
Old 04-17-2010, 11:46 AM   #88
Andrew, Jr.
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Me
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Unavailable

Andrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST Reputation
Smile

Grief has no time limit. And there is not a thing anyone can say or do to take the pain away. Nothing. In fact, it is paralyzing at times. Some people take it with a grain of salt, and others it is like waves crashing on a beach.

I am still grief stricken over the loss of my sister, Jo. She was such a beautiful woman, inside and out. Her husband took down the Caringbridge Website. Thank God. If he didn't it would be me, and his sons going there on a daily basis.
For now we have the disk that was used for her viewing. I am hoping to be able to put that away one day...when I am ready to do so.

The one thing I cannot stand is when someone says something rude or stupid to me like "it was her time" or "get over it" or "move on - she's gone". UGH! I hate it when people say that. They have no clue.

Yes, I know Jo is in Heaven. Yes, I know Jo has recovered fully from her disease. Yes, this is my hope for her, but I miss her. My heart is crushed. That is just how it is. One day we will be reunited. It is my faith, and belief. I just ask people not to take that from me. It gives me hope.

Namaste,
Andrew
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Andrew, Jr. For This Useful Post:
Old 04-17-2010, 12:28 PM   #89
Tommi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Usually "Hello"
Relationship Status:
Married and Bound to Tommi's kaijira (Ts_kaijira )

1 Highscore

Location: Suthun.... California that is. Across the ridge from Laguna Beach.
Thanked 21,337 Times in 5,968 Posts
Tommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
For many reasons I sit and post this today, but the main one being there is no time limit on ones grief. Today is the day we lay my father to rest, .....

.....why can I not just grief without judgement?

..... just wishing there was more compassion and less judging when it comes to grieving.

Blessings,
Spirit
Sending a caravan of compassion...without judgement, for you yo take as needed, as often or not as you deem fit.

For my fathers funeral I had the casket spray sent from a florist with card reading.

"May we all now rest in peace._

His child.

Take tears as the cleansing purging of you own needs, and enrich the earth SpiritDancer.

Best regards,

Tommi
Tommi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Tommi For This Useful Post:
Old 04-18-2010, 09:04 PM   #90
Sybelle

How Do You Identify?:
see Scota_Parisi
Preferred Pronoun?:
see Scota_Parisi
Relationship Status:
see Scota_Parisi

Sybelle has a reputation beyond reputeSybelle has a reputation beyond reputeSybelle has a reputation beyond reputeSybelle has a reputation beyond reputeSybelle has a reputation beyond reputeSybelle has a reputation beyond reputeSybelle has a reputation beyond reputeSybelle has a reputation beyond reputeSybelle has a reputation beyond reputeSybelle has a reputation beyond reputeSybelle has a reputation beyond repute

Yesterday was bittersweet. A good day overall. Just - the little things you miss.

Dad would call me in the morning to sing "Happy Birthday". Started it after I left home and continued up until the year of his passing in 2008.
Old 04-26-2010, 06:39 PM   #91
Tommi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Usually "Hello"
Relationship Status:
Married and Bound to Tommi's kaijira (Ts_kaijira )

1 Highscore

Location: Suthun.... California that is. Across the ridge from Laguna Beach.
Thanked 21,337 Times in 5,968 Posts
Tommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums
Default Almost 13.

We adopted Dusty, the gregarious male long hair black kitten 13 years ago on May 15.My Ex is flying home from work tonight, to be with him during his final days. Dusty wants to say goodbye soon. His jaw cancer has taken it's toll and it is time.

We will take him for his final ride this week, and grieve another loss. She will be inconsolable and I know it. We lost his younger brother in Dec. to bowel cancer. I worry about her, and her never ending grief.

I watched the movie "You Don't Know Jack" and realized how fortunate pets are.
Tommi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Tommi For This Useful Post:
Old 04-28-2010, 06:32 AM   #92
waxnrope
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Permanently Banned 5/27/2011
Preferred Pronoun?:
hy ho, hy ho; he, she, it, whatever
Relationship Status:
Going slow ...

Thanked 2,958 Times in 953 Posts
waxnrope Has the BEST Reputationwaxnrope Has the BEST Reputationwaxnrope Has the BEST Reputationwaxnrope Has the BEST Reputationwaxnrope Has the BEST Reputationwaxnrope Has the BEST Reputationwaxnrope Has the BEST Reputationwaxnrope Has the BEST Reputationwaxnrope Has the BEST Reputationwaxnrope Has the BEST Reputationwaxnrope Has the BEST Reputation

I grieve, yet death has not yet come. I do not know if I can stand it when it does. The last of my blood, separated in childhood, found in youth, and to be lost once again.
waxnrope is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to waxnrope For This Useful Post:
Old 04-28-2010, 06:55 AM   #93
redrose

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
at peace

redrose Has the BEST Reputationredrose Has the BEST Reputationredrose Has the BEST Reputationredrose Has the BEST Reputationredrose Has the BEST Reputationredrose Has the BEST Reputationredrose Has the BEST Reputationredrose Has the BEST Reputationredrose Has the BEST Reputationredrose Has the BEST Reputationredrose Has the BEST Reputation

my father died last June, 2009 (the best father we could ever have)
my butch died last August, 2009 (the meaning of my life,,, my first & my last)
- me and my butch were together for 15years -

,,, am still crying every night ,,,

http://youtu.be/N0SgLJEtaok
redrose is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to redrose For This Useful Post:
Old 04-28-2010, 11:23 AM   #94
JustBeingMe

How Do You Identify?:
as ME
Relationship Status:
I don't need no stinking status.

Thanked 1,691 Times in 694 Posts
JustBeingMe Has the BEST ReputationJustBeingMe Has the BEST ReputationJustBeingMe Has the BEST ReputationJustBeingMe Has the BEST ReputationJustBeingMe Has the BEST ReputationJustBeingMe Has the BEST ReputationJustBeingMe Has the BEST ReputationJustBeingMe Has the BEST ReputationJustBeingMe Has the BEST ReputationJustBeingMe Has the BEST ReputationJustBeingMe Has the BEST Reputation

To all of you that are grieving and have already grieved, may you be blessed.
Me, I still haven't been able to grieve my dad's death in Jan. I just have too much crap going on in life to be able to do that right now. UGH
Old 04-28-2010, 11:40 AM   #95
Andrew, Jr.
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Me
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Unavailable

Smile

Justbeingme,

Grief has no time table. You will grieve when it is time.

Tommi,

I am lifting you up in prayer.

Redrose,

I am so very sorry for your losses. You are in my thoughts and prayers.

Sybelle and Waxnrope,

I am so sorry. Thank you for participating in this thread. It is a great comfort to have you here.

I lost my younger brother to suicide over 32+ years ago. The anniversary of his death comes and goes. Life goes on. I find it strange some days. I know that there isn't a day that passes when I don't think of him. Suicide is just very different in and of itself.

I wish everyone here peace.

Andrew
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Andrew, Jr. For This Useful Post:
Old 04-29-2010, 12:15 PM   #96
Jedi

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
they are my world

Thanked 1,763 Times in 549 Posts
Jedi Has the BEST ReputationJedi Has the BEST ReputationJedi Has the BEST ReputationJedi Has the BEST ReputationJedi Has the BEST ReputationJedi Has the BEST ReputationJedi Has the BEST ReputationJedi Has the BEST ReputationJedi Has the BEST ReputationJedi Has the BEST ReputationJedi Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
For many reasons I sit and post this today, but the main one being there is no time limit on ones grief. Today is the day we lay my father to rest, it's been difficult this past week and the closer I got to leaving the harder it become to deal with the over whelming feelings I was facing. In the same time it would seem some thought me distant and off of the normal path.
Why can't it be that my head space isn't where others deem I need to be, why can I not just grief without judgement.
Not everyone grieves the same way, I shut down always have and proably always will, especially with those who do not know me. Life is not fair and no two are alike, just wishing there was more compassion and less judging when it comes to grieving.

Blessings,
Spirit
Spirit,

When my mother passed I was too young to have the appropriate words or response to know how to verbalize the loss of a parent. Just know in your heart that I can relate and I know what you are feeling and that all is ok to have and feel.

Namaste,

Jedi
Jedi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jedi For This Useful Post:
Old 04-30-2010, 09:46 AM   #97
Andrew, Jr.
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Me
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Unavailable

Smile

Spirit Dancer,

I understand what you mean about the lack of compassion and judgement on those who are grieving. For me when my sister died, I got remarks like "get over it" or "it was her time to die". Now when my younger brother committed suicide, people just did not know what to say. I often heard things like "he wasn't happy here" or that "he is happy now". I just shake my head. The ups and downs of grief and then the emotional tugs is overwhelming. All I can say is that nobody is free from death. Everyone will experience it one day. Some sooner than others. When the shoe is on the other foot, then we will see what happens.

Just remember that grief has no time limit.

Love and peace,
Andrew

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Andrew, Jr. For This Useful Post:
Old 05-01-2010, 02:09 AM   #98
Butterbean

How Do You Identify?:
----
Preferred Pronoun?:
----

Thanked 2,220 Times in 772 Posts
Butterbean Has the BEST ReputationButterbean Has the BEST ReputationButterbean Has the BEST ReputationButterbean Has the BEST ReputationButterbean Has the BEST ReputationButterbean Has the BEST ReputationButterbean Has the BEST ReputationButterbean Has the BEST ReputationButterbean Has the BEST ReputationButterbean Has the BEST ReputationButterbean Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Mom & Dad, I love and miss you both so much...

Butterbean is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Butterbean For This Useful Post:
Old 05-28-2010, 10:19 AM   #99
Bella~Vita

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she

Thanked 1,322 Times in 443 Posts
Bella~Vita Has the BEST ReputationBella~Vita Has the BEST ReputationBella~Vita Has the BEST ReputationBella~Vita Has the BEST ReputationBella~Vita Has the BEST ReputationBella~Vita Has the BEST ReputationBella~Vita Has the BEST ReputationBella~Vita Has the BEST ReputationBella~Vita Has the BEST ReputationBella~Vita Has the BEST ReputationBella~Vita Has the BEST Reputation

Dear "Mom"

Today is 2 yrs. since you went on your journey. I miss you so much. I know you're watching over me. There is never a day that goes by that you're not on my mind.

We didn't always agree on everything but some how those issues do not matter anymore. What's important to me is that you knew how much "I love you" and I knew I was loved as well.

Your memory keeps me grounded so your job was well done ... "Thank you Mom" ... for believing in me when I didn't believe in myself and for loving me regardless of our differences. I know and believe in my Heart .. we will see each other again. Please have some homemade cookies baked when I get there... I love you !! ~ Karen ~

Bella~Vita is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Bella~Vita For This Useful Post:
Old 05-28-2010, 12:44 PM   #100
MsTinkerbelly
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:

Thanked 22,958 Times in 5,020 Posts
MsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

My Father passed away suddenly of a heart attack in 2000, and my beloved Grandfather 6 wks later. In November 2009 my Grandmother went to join them, and my Mother....my often imperfect, but always loving Mother passed this last Saturday the 22nd.

I have missed my Father and Grandfather every day since they left, but over time it became a warm glow I carried around with me everywhere I went. I honestly can't say if I will survive the latest loss....I know in my head I have to be here for my daughter and spouse, but the grief, the unending pain in my soul.....
MsTinkerbelly is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MsTinkerbelly For This Useful Post: