Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
I usually just poke it with a stick.
Preferred Pronoun?:
Bitch
Relationship Status:
Intertwined deeply

Thanked 21,385 Times in 4,808 Posts
dixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputation

I'm still trying to figure out a nice camera with changeable lenses and such. Guess I'll have to wait until I come up with a new job. Until then, I am enjoying these two smaller/less complicated ones lol! I've had 2 of the Canon Powershot ones since I like them awful well, but haven't used it much since I got the Nikon a short while back.

dixie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to dixie For This Useful Post:
Old 09-13-2011, 10:42 PM   #262
clay
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch (Silver Fox) Dom Daddi
Preferred Pronoun?:
50 Shades of Clay Darker & Deeper
Relationship Status:
married to my forever

Thanked 31,688 Times in 7,716 Posts
clay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

well rock on sistah....just keep yer snakes up there...shudderrrrrr
Quote:
Originally Posted by dixielady View Post
Thanks! I appreciate the compliments. Sorry about the snake pics, but I just love those! lol Nature is definitely my favorite subject, and a lot of those come from my own backyard.
Old 09-14-2011, 08:36 AM   #263
dixie
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Bitch
Relationship Status:
Intertwined deeply

dixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputation

The little deer family was in my yard again. Two large does and two spotted fawns. They mostly stayed around the tree line barely in sight, but I did get a couple good shots.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to dixie For This Useful Post:
Old 09-15-2011, 11:20 AM   #264
Fancy

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
N/A

Thanked 7,097 Times in 2,322 Posts
Fancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST Reputation

Been shooting for a theatre production. So far, this is my favorite shot...

Fancy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Fancy For This Useful Post:
Old 09-16-2011, 05:30 AM   #265
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

Thanked 54,956 Times in 13,922 Posts
girl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
The little deer family was in my yard again. Two large does and two spotted fawns. They mostly stayed around the tree line barely in sight, but I did get a couple good shots.

what an excellent shot!
girl_dee is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to girl_dee For This Useful Post:
Old 09-21-2011, 01:41 PM   #266
Linus
The Planet's Technical Bubba

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him/Geek
Relationship Status:
Married to my forever!

Thanked 10,743 Times in 3,176 Posts
Linus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST Reputation

Recently on my work's fun list someone posted this link to this photographer: http://www.vivianmaier.com

The self-portraits are awesome!

"We become Human Doings instead of Human Beings." -- Ram Dass
Linus is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Linus For This Useful Post:
Old 09-23-2011, 09:58 PM   #267
dixie
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Bitch
Relationship Status:
Intertwined deeply

Default in my yard, after today's rain

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to dixie For This Useful Post:
Old 10-06-2011, 06:11 AM   #268
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

girl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputation

great shots!!!

I got my new camera today...

Canon 60D with 135mm lens... ohhhhh it's fine! Got the moon last night and the detail was amazing.
Old 10-07-2011, 08:02 PM   #269
TCB

How Do You Identify?:
Male (FTM)
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him/His/Sir :)
Relationship Status:
My heart does not give of itself easily

TCB Has the BEST ReputationTCB Has the BEST ReputationTCB Has the BEST ReputationTCB Has the BEST ReputationTCB Has the BEST ReputationTCB Has the BEST ReputationTCB Has the BEST ReputationTCB Has the BEST ReputationTCB Has the BEST ReputationTCB Has the BEST ReputationTCB Has the BEST Reputation
Default Calling Photographers!

I'm putting out a call to the many talented photographers on this site. I am in the market looking for someone who's interested in doing a pro-bono photo session with a whole lot of exposure for you in return!

You'll likely want to be in the Southern California area (unless you feel like traveling). Experience with digital editing and human subjects preferred

It would be a great project for your portfolio and would gather you immense exposure. If ya got some samples, send 'em my way and let's chat!

Cheers
TCB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 10:02 PM   #270
femmedyke

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she, her

femmedyke Has the BEST Reputationfemmedyke Has the BEST Reputationfemmedyke Has the BEST Reputationfemmedyke Has the BEST Reputationfemmedyke Has the BEST Reputationfemmedyke Has the BEST Reputationfemmedyke Has the BEST Reputationfemmedyke Has the BEST Reputationfemmedyke Has the BEST Reputationfemmedyke Has the BEST Reputationfemmedyke Has the BEST Reputation

Getty Images recently contacted me wishing to license 8 of my photographs; who knew just showcasing on flickr would warrant that kind of notice. It was and is a very validating feeling.

Here are the three I've decided to license: James, Sara and Atticus.

Anyone else thought about selling stock photography?

How's everyone doing?

This weekend I have a photo date with a small kitten. We're babysitting 6 week old Felix (a wanna be tuxedo.)

Love those stage shots Fancy, well done! Cajun, post those moon photos!
Old 10-07-2011, 10:05 PM   #271
Inuus

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/Her
Relationship Status:
Single Not Looking

Inuus Has the BEST ReputationInuus Has the BEST ReputationInuus Has the BEST ReputationInuus Has the BEST ReputationInuus Has the BEST ReputationInuus Has the BEST ReputationInuus Has the BEST ReputationInuus Has the BEST ReputationInuus Has the BEST ReputationInuus Has the BEST ReputationInuus Has the BEST Reputation

You all take wonderful photos! I am truly in awe..honestly.

I've enjoyed looking at them all
Old 10-12-2011, 08:54 PM   #272
BugsAndKisses

How Do You Identify?:
ladybug, lover of little things
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Settled

BugsAndKisses Has the BEST ReputationBugsAndKisses Has the BEST ReputationBugsAndKisses Has the BEST ReputationBugsAndKisses Has the BEST ReputationBugsAndKisses Has the BEST ReputationBugsAndKisses Has the BEST ReputationBugsAndKisses Has the BEST ReputationBugsAndKisses Has the BEST ReputationBugsAndKisses Has the BEST ReputationBugsAndKisses Has the BEST ReputationBugsAndKisses Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:

I loooooooove your slug picture!
BugsAndKisses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 08:56 PM   #273
BugsAndKisses

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Settled

BugsAndKisses Has the BEST ReputationBugsAndKisses Has the BEST ReputationBugsAndKisses Has the BEST ReputationBugsAndKisses Has the BEST ReputationBugsAndKisses Has the BEST ReputationBugsAndKisses Has the BEST ReputationBugsAndKisses Has the BEST ReputationBugsAndKisses Has the BEST ReputationBugsAndKisses Has the BEST ReputationBugsAndKisses Has the BEST ReputationBugsAndKisses Has the BEST Reputation
Default Silver Garden Spider from my garden

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BugsAndKisses For This Useful Post:
Old 10-12-2011, 09:12 PM   #274
BugsAndKisses

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Settled

Default one just can not have too many butterfly pictures

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BugsAndKisses For This Useful Post:
Old 10-18-2011, 04:22 AM   #275
BugsAndKisses

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Settled

Default I lil bit

Old 10-18-2011, 04:44 AM   #276
Stacy

How Do You Identify?:
Queer

Stacy Has the BEST ReputationStacy Has the BEST ReputationStacy Has the BEST ReputationStacy Has the BEST ReputationStacy Has the BEST ReputationStacy Has the BEST ReputationStacy Has the BEST ReputationStacy Has the BEST ReputationStacy Has the BEST ReputationStacy Has the BEST ReputationStacy Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cajun_dee View Post
Ok first of many, the barn is amazing and until I got in there to shoot it, I had no idea how many millions of pics I want to take in there!

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...2826199&type=1

Honest comments and feedback is welcome please!
I really enjoyed your barn pics

http://i431.photobucket.com/albums/q...star_green.gif
Stacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 06:04 AM   #277
Fancy

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
N/A

Thanked 7,097 Times in 2,322 Posts
Fancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST Reputation

Just finished another quick theatre photo shoot. These guys are fun, but beware of taking children to see a cast of the undead!

Bear and the cast from Therapy for the Undead
Fancy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Fancy For This Useful Post:
Old 10-19-2011, 07:57 AM   #278
SelfMadeMan

How Do You Identify?:
Transsexual Man
Preferred Pronoun?:
Male
Relationship Status:
Married to The Woman of My Dreams <3

Thanked 2,669 Times in 527 Posts
SelfMadeMan Has the BEST ReputationSelfMadeMan Has the BEST ReputationSelfMadeMan Has the BEST ReputationSelfMadeMan Has the BEST ReputationSelfMadeMan Has the BEST ReputationSelfMadeMan Has the BEST ReputationSelfMadeMan Has the BEST ReputationSelfMadeMan Has the BEST ReputationSelfMadeMan Has the BEST ReputationSelfMadeMan Has the BEST ReputationSelfMadeMan Has the BEST Reputation

I love photographing old abandoned farms, churches, homes, etc.... here's one of my favorites. I drive by this old one room schoolhouse all the time - I wish I could buy it and renovate it to live in!

SelfMadeMan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to SelfMadeMan For This Useful Post:
Old 10-21-2011, 05:22 AM   #279
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stacy View Post
I really enjoyed your barn pics

Thanks and I have always been a fan of your work.

So I have this little cute 9 week old pup, I can't get her to keep still! It's been raining daily so the lighting is awful, what can I do to get some good shots of her? Wait until she is sleeping??? lol
Old 10-21-2011, 08:19 AM   #280
SelfMadeMan

How Do You Identify?:
Transsexual Man
Preferred Pronoun?:
Male
Relationship Status:
Married to The Woman of My Dreams <3

Thanked 2,669 Times in 527 Posts
SelfMadeMan Has the BEST ReputationSelfMadeMan Has the BEST ReputationSelfMadeMan Has the BEST ReputationSelfMadeMan Has the BEST ReputationSelfMadeMan Has the BEST ReputationSelfMadeMan Has the BEST ReputationSelfMadeMan Has the BEST ReputationSelfMadeMan Has the BEST ReputationSelfMadeMan Has the BEST ReputationSelfMadeMan Has the BEST ReputationSelfMadeMan Has the BEST Reputation

So I decided I want to photograph that old one room school house every season and make a nice collage of it, so I went by there yesterday and got the one below. I like it, but need to go back today and get it from the same angle as the original (summer) photo... but here it is on a cool, grey fall day...

SelfMadeMan is offline   Reply With Quote