Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > LIFE > Hobbies, Crafts, Interests

Hobbies, Crafts, Interests Do you like to knit? Throw pottery? Go fishing? Camping? Have Pets? Make jewelry? Tell us about it here!

Old 01-03-2013, 06:34 AM   #1
Ursy

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Relationship Status:
Engaged

Ursy Has the BEST ReputationUrsy Has the BEST ReputationUrsy Has the BEST ReputationUrsy Has the BEST ReputationUrsy Has the BEST ReputationUrsy Has the BEST ReputationUrsy Has the BEST ReputationUrsy Has the BEST ReputationUrsy Has the BEST ReputationUrsy Has the BEST ReputationUrsy Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by lusciouskiwi View Post
I don't have a juicer and would love one. Fresh juice hmmmmmmm! There's a deal on with Groupon Malaysia for a juicer, it would be around $65.00. If anyone can give me feedback I'd really appreciate it

http://www.groupon.my/deals/national..._2&a=715827970

That's so funny, I was only saying to Kris a few hours ago that we should get a juicer!
Ursy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Ursy For This Useful Post:
Old 01-03-2013, 10:54 AM   #2
JustLovelyJenn

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her
Relationship Status:
That's Need to Know

Thanked 13,995 Times in 3,685 Posts
JustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST Reputation

Kiwi, I am trying to think of what all goes in those soups... They turn out a little different every time, because I really do not have a recipe for them.

Sausage and Cilantro Soup
I start with chicken stalk, bringing it to a boil I drop in a pound of sausage pinched off into small bits. As that gets close to done I add a small handful of noodles, usually shell pasta. As it gets close to finished I add frozen corn, and chopped cilantro. Use salt and pepper to taste. I have also added chopped red pepper to this from time to time.

Zucchini Chicken Soup
This is much like a stew only I use zucchini instead of potatoes. The zucchini falls apart and thickens the stalk. I add chicken, and other vegetables that sound appetizing. Season with whatever tickles my pallet... sometimes simple salt, pepper, and garlic... but I have been more adventurous as well using cumin or even turmeric.

Pumpkin Curry Soup
At Halloween I like to use the bits of pumpkin the kids carve out of their jack-o-lanterns, but carving pumpkins are very watery so they don't tend to make good pies unless you first freeze and then drain off the water. So I make soup instead. Bake the pumpkin and then take it off the skins, throw it in the blender with a bit of garlic, a can of coconut milk, and some spices. This year I used curry and turmeric. I served it hot then with some bread, and had the left overs cold the next day. It was excellent both ways. I have also made this using acorn squash.
Old 01-04-2013, 09:13 AM   #3
Sun

How Do You Identify?:
Trans
Preferred Pronoun?:
He, him, his
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 5,551 Times in 1,456 Posts
Sun Has the BEST ReputationSun Has the BEST ReputationSun Has the BEST ReputationSun Has the BEST ReputationSun Has the BEST ReputationSun Has the BEST ReputationSun Has the BEST ReputationSun Has the BEST ReputationSun Has the BEST ReputationSun Has the BEST ReputationSun Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
I don't have a juicer and would love one. Fresh juice hmmmmmmm! There's a deal on with Groupon Malaysia for a juicer, it would be around $65.00. If anyone can give me feedback I'd really appreciate it

Looks good to me. Make sure it has at least a one year warranty. The motors can work hard if you juice often. Take it from me as I have burned a few out.

“Lovers don't finally meet somewhere. They're in each other all along.”
― Rumi

Sun is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sun For This Useful Post:
Old 01-04-2013, 09:39 AM   #4
cinnamongrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
cleverly disguised as a responsible adult*
Preferred Pronoun?:
wild woman
Relationship Status:
No, thank you.

Location: in my heart I'm going to Carolina...but I'm in MA for now
Thanked 27,418 Times in 6,879 Posts
cinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:

I can tell you, the best juicer on the market is the Green Star. My employer has one and I LOVE to use it! It makes nut butters also as well as these organic multi-grain pretzels that are amazingly tasty...and healthy. I know from what he has told me, the twin gear method of the Green Star is better than the threshing method that most others use. (As mine does). I know that the pulp left over from juicing with his juicer is MUCH finer than with mine (mine pretty much has big chunks of veggies.. ) I aspire to get a Green Star at some point, but they are pricey. He paid 400 for his, but they go up to 500. Well worth the investment if you're going to juice regularly. I think he said it can even make soy milks, but he has a different gadget altogether for that... Hope this helped some

www.greenstar.com
cinnamongrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cinnamongrrl For This Useful Post:
Old 01-14-2013, 09:23 PM   #5
Ursy

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Relationship Status:
Engaged

Ursy Has the BEST ReputationUrsy Has the BEST ReputationUrsy Has the BEST ReputationUrsy Has the BEST ReputationUrsy Has the BEST ReputationUrsy Has the BEST ReputationUrsy Has the BEST ReputationUrsy Has the BEST ReputationUrsy Has the BEST ReputationUrsy Has the BEST ReputationUrsy Has the BEST Reputation

Hey, I've missed you guys!

Talking about cravings, I came across this on Pinterest. Haven't tried to put it into practice yet, but it looks interesting:
http://pinterest.com/pin/62698619784257534/

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Ursy For This Useful Post:
Old 01-14-2013, 09:28 PM   #6
TheMerryFairy

How Do You Identify?:
Pansexual/Sapiosexual femmey dyke who likes to crossdress now and then
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her OR ze if I'm crossdressing
Relationship Status:
Floating and walking My path, happy in life.

Thanked 8,694 Times in 2,987 Posts
TheMerryFairy Has the BEST ReputationTheMerryFairy Has the BEST ReputationTheMerryFairy Has the BEST ReputationTheMerryFairy Has the BEST ReputationTheMerryFairy Has the BEST ReputationTheMerryFairy Has the BEST ReputationTheMerryFairy Has the BEST ReputationTheMerryFairy Has the BEST ReputationTheMerryFairy Has the BEST ReputationTheMerryFairy Has the BEST ReputationTheMerryFairy Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ursy View Post

Talking about cravings, I came across this on Pinterest. Haven't tried to put it into practice yet, but it looks interesting:

So what happens if I'm overeating cheese in general? LOL . Kidding. Thank you so much for this.
TheMerryFairy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TheMerryFairy For This Useful Post:
Old 01-15-2013, 03:33 AM   #7
Sun

How Do You Identify?:
Trans
Preferred Pronoun?:
He, him, his
Relationship Status:
Single

Sun Has the BEST ReputationSun Has the BEST ReputationSun Has the BEST ReputationSun Has the BEST ReputationSun Has the BEST ReputationSun Has the BEST ReputationSun Has the BEST ReputationSun Has the BEST ReputationSun Has the BEST ReputationSun Has the BEST ReputationSun Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:

Thanks for posting this Ursy and good morning Australia!

I always tell people that if you are craving carbs then eat protein. The blood crash that tells the brain to eat more carbs is very serious business and this is why so many people are malnourished and living on junk carbs. This is very useful, thank you.

― Rumi

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Sun For This Useful Post:
Old 01-15-2013, 04:08 AM   #8
Ursy

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Relationship Status:
Engaged

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun View Post
Thanks for posting this Ursy and good morning Australia!

I always tell people that if you are craving carbs then eat protein. The blood crash that tells the brain to eat more carbs is very serious business and this is why so many people are malnourished and living on junk carbs. This is very useful, thank you.
No problemo my friend

All this talk of hot sauces reminds me that I came across a recipe for home made Sriracha last week. I really like Sriracha, but am looking forward to trying this sauce someday as many of the reviews are saying that they will never buy sauce again because this recipe is so much better.

http://food52.com/recipes/6441_fresh...e_made_rooster

Though I haven't tried the recipe yet, I can already give some advice. Do try to make it with palm sugar, it is wonderful stuff and really makes a difference, no matter what the recipe.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Ursy For This Useful Post:
Old 01-15-2013, 12:05 PM   #9
Dante

How Do You Identify?:
Stone Butch Top
Preferred Pronoun?:
Hym
Relationship Status:
Single

Dante Has the BEST ReputationDante Has the BEST ReputationDante Has the BEST ReputationDante Has the BEST ReputationDante Has the BEST ReputationDante Has the BEST ReputationDante Has the BEST ReputationDante Has the BEST ReputationDante Has the BEST ReputationDante Has the BEST ReputationDante Has the BEST Reputation

Good morning, delicious people! Sun ...you asked me about the scalloped oysters recipe a while back. It requires oysters, crushed soda crackers, dots of butter, and milk. salt and pepper .....if it starts to burn a little on top, I remember my mom saying to add a little more milk and just pop in the oven til done.
Greyson ......I remember those bologna sandwiches when I was a kid. I grew up in East LA. We were practically neighbors!

Food Network Trivia .....Chef Bobby Flay dropped out of high school to pursue his love of cooking. At the age of 7, he asked for an Easy Bake Oven and got one.

cinnamon helps aid in regulating one's blood pressure.

I observe that every chef when chopping something such as parsley or basil, they use their knives, but, I use my cooking sheers and it seems easier . Anyone else ever use cooing sheers for things?

tyvm Dante
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Dante For This Useful Post:
Old 01-15-2013, 12:13 PM   #10
TheMerryFairy

How Do You Identify?:
Pansexual/Sapiosexual femmey dyke who likes to crossdress now and then
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her OR ze if I'm crossdressing
Relationship Status:
Floating and walking My path, happy in life.

Thanked 8,694 Times in 2,987 Posts
TheMerryFairy Has the BEST ReputationTheMerryFairy Has the BEST ReputationTheMerryFairy Has the BEST ReputationTheMerryFairy Has the BEST ReputationTheMerryFairy Has the BEST ReputationTheMerryFairy Has the BEST ReputationTheMerryFairy Has the BEST ReputationTheMerryFairy Has the BEST ReputationTheMerryFairy Has the BEST ReputationTheMerryFairy Has the BEST ReputationTheMerryFairy Has the BEST Reputation

First of all, I will kindly take samples of hot jellies or what not. Hahah. I do like things spicy!

Now onto what I wanted to post. It seems as though I have unintentionally themed my meals for today. Hearty italian. Breakfast was an italian espresso and a herb/cheese bagel.

Lunch was all homemade : Minestrone soup, salad and breadsticks.

Supper is going to be Spaghetti and meatballs with garlic butter breadsticks & another salad.

Dessert will be a partfait of sorts a friend made for me and if I'm feeling naughty, I will also have gelato!
TheMerryFairy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to TheMerryFairy For This Useful Post:
Old 01-16-2013, 07:34 PM   #11
Sun

How Do You Identify?:
Trans
Preferred Pronoun?:
He, him, his
Relationship Status:
Single

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante View Post
Good morning, delicious people! Sun ...you asked me about the scalloped oysters recipe a while back. It requires oysters, crushed soda crackers, dots of butter, and milk. salt and pepper .....if it starts to burn a little on top, I remember my mom saying to add a little more milk and just pop in the oven til done.
Greyson ......I remember those bologna sandwiches when I was a kid. I grew up in East LA. We were practically neighbors!

Food Network Trivia .....Chef Bobby Flay dropped out of high school to pursue his love of cooking. At the age of 7, he asked for an Easy Bake Oven and got one.

cinnamon helps aid in regulating one's blood pressure.

I observe that every chef when chopping something such as parsley or basil, they use their knives, but, I use my cooking sheers and it seems easier . Anyone else ever use cooing sheers for things?

tyvm Dante
Hey Dante!

Good stuff here. I was thinking that your Moms baked Oysters may have been just that recipe, thank you. This is a great recipe for bringing up the flavor of the Oyster and not complicating it with other strong flavors. Kind of like Oyster stew in a shell.

Sheers are a fine alternative to a knife for cutting herbs. I rarely use them but I am very inclined to use my knife for everything. Although, I no longer have my favorite knife. So sad about that *sigh*. Forgot that I had it in my carry on and homeland security got me...again. They were nicer this time, the last time it was pounce and detain. Run an FBI check. Thankfully I am clean. Nothing in my background. This time the guys tried to help me get my bag checked but it was too late. Had to give the knife away or fly another day.

― Rumi

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Sun For This Useful Post:
Old 01-16-2013, 07:29 PM   #12
Sun

How Do You Identify?:
Trans
Preferred Pronoun?:
He, him, his
Relationship Status:
Single

Quote:
No problemo my friend

All this talk of hot sauces reminds me that I came across a recipe for home made Sriracha last week. I really like Sriracha, but am looking forward to trying this sauce someday as many of the reviews are saying that they will never buy sauce again because this recipe is so much better.

http://food52.com/recipes/6441_fresh...e_made_rooster

Though I haven't tried the recipe yet, I can already give some advice. Do try to make it with palm sugar, it is wonderful stuff and really makes a difference, no matter what the recipe.
Ursy I love Sriracha and cant have it because of the heavy sulfites so this is a really fabulous recipe for me to have. Thank you. You can be my Sous Chef anytime, you really know your stuff

Come on over here and lets open a little Cafe together.

― Rumi

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Sun For This Useful Post:
Old 01-16-2013, 08:16 PM   #13
Ursy

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Relationship Status:
Engaged

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun View Post
Ursy I love Sriracha and cant have it because of the heavy sulfites so this is a really fabulous recipe for me to have. Thank you. You can be my Sous Chef anytime, you really know your stuff

Come on over here and lets open a little Cafe together.
O.M.G. That would be SO MUCH FUN
I wish I could! Maybe at the very least I can visit one day.

Ooh, you know what I'm thinking? Cafe-art gallery. Perfect!
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Ursy For This Useful Post: