Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > THE BUTCHFEMMEPLANET PLANET > United States Forums > Iowa Forums

Old 08-08-2010, 02:07 PM   #1
Dutch Leonard

How Do You Identify?:
Stone Butch

Tournaments Won: 7

Dutch Leonard Has the BEST ReputationDutch Leonard Has the BEST ReputationDutch Leonard Has the BEST ReputationDutch Leonard Has the BEST ReputationDutch Leonard Has the BEST ReputationDutch Leonard Has the BEST ReputationDutch Leonard Has the BEST ReputationDutch Leonard Has the BEST ReputationDutch Leonard Has the BEST ReputationDutch Leonard Has the BEST ReputationDutch Leonard Has the BEST Reputation
Default Stranded In Iowa

I'm not the only one lost in the cornfields here, am I?
Dutch Leonard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 02:15 PM   #2
Soft*Silver
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 15,621 Times in 3,976 Posts
Soft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST Reputation

wouldnt that be the irony of it all? You are the only one in one of the few states where same sex marriage is legal!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Soft*Silver For This Useful Post:
Old 08-08-2010, 02:55 PM   #3
The Oopster

How Do You Identify?:
transgender male
Preferred Pronoun?:
he

2 Highscores

Thanked 2,655 Times in 759 Posts
The Oopster Has the BEST ReputationThe Oopster Has the BEST ReputationThe Oopster Has the BEST ReputationThe Oopster Has the BEST ReputationThe Oopster Has the BEST ReputationThe Oopster Has the BEST ReputationThe Oopster Has the BEST ReputationThe Oopster Has the BEST ReputationThe Oopster Has the BEST ReputationThe Oopster Has the BEST ReputationThe Oopster Has the BEST Reputation

i didn't realize that! Iowa never ceases to amaze me. I wonder if that's a marketing ploy!

Born in Iowa but haven't lived there in 42 years!
The Oopster is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to The Oopster For This Useful Post:
Old 08-08-2010, 04:14 PM   #4
Soft*Silver
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Married

Soft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST Reputation

I just saw that on Nightline or some show like that. I tend to scramble my information, (no, seriously, they are trying to figure why I do this. I am getting all kinds of work ups do figure it out) so maybe it was Idaho...its an "I" state tho..lol
The Following User Says Thank You to Soft*Silver For This Useful Post:
Old 08-08-2010, 04:52 PM   #5
Dutch Leonard

How Do You Identify?:
Stone Butch

Dutch Leonard Has the BEST ReputationDutch Leonard Has the BEST ReputationDutch Leonard Has the BEST ReputationDutch Leonard Has the BEST ReputationDutch Leonard Has the BEST ReputationDutch Leonard Has the BEST ReputationDutch Leonard Has the BEST ReputationDutch Leonard Has the BEST ReputationDutch Leonard Has the BEST ReputationDutch Leonard Has the BEST ReputationDutch Leonard Has the BEST Reputation

I remember back in Iowa City, someone had a T-shirt that said Idaho City, Ohio. Don't feel bad, I guess they are easy to mix up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by softness View Post
I just saw that on Nightline or some show like that. I tend to scramble my information, (no, seriously, they are trying to figure why I do this. I am getting all kinds of work ups do figure it out) so maybe it was Idaho...its an "I" state tho..lol
Old 08-08-2010, 05:17 PM   #6
Liam

How Do You Identify?:
Guy
Preferred Pronoun?:
He, Him, His

Thanked 6,909 Times in 1,862 Posts
Liam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST Reputation

Same-sex marriage in the U.S. state of Iowa became legal on April 3, 2009.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Liam For This Useful Post:
Old 08-08-2010, 10:19 PM   #7
Soft*Silver
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Married

thank you, Liam, for letting me know my brain DIDNT scramble the information!
Old 08-08-2010, 10:39 PM   #8
The Oopster

How Do You Identify?:
transgender male
Preferred Pronoun?:
he

2 Highscores

The Oopster Has the BEST ReputationThe Oopster Has the BEST ReputationThe Oopster Has the BEST ReputationThe Oopster Has the BEST ReputationThe Oopster Has the BEST ReputationThe Oopster Has the BEST ReputationThe Oopster Has the BEST ReputationThe Oopster Has the BEST ReputationThe Oopster Has the BEST ReputationThe Oopster Has the BEST ReputationThe Oopster Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
thank you, Liam, for letting me know my brain DIDNT scramble the information!
nope you were right ... i looked it up before I commented. Iowa really does cease to amaze me. I thought I would never even look at transitioning because I imagined it would be difficult having been born in iowa. Then a few years ago out of curiosity I looked up iowa and it is one of the states where you can get the birth certificate changed without having to have all the srs surgeries for your appropriate sex. That really helped me in my decision.
The Following User Says Thank You to The Oopster For This Useful Post:
Old 08-08-2010, 11:00 PM   #9
Soft*Silver
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Married

how bad does it snow in Iowa?

I love to hear how some states are supportive of our communities.

SO I wonder where all the Iowa folks are if they arent here?
Old 08-09-2010, 12:27 AM   #10
The Oopster

How Do You Identify?:
transgender male
Preferred Pronoun?:
he

2 Highscores

Quote:
how bad does it snow in Iowa?

I love to hear how some states are supportive of our communities.

SO I wonder where all the Iowa folks are if they arent here?
That's why i teased that it was a marketing strategy ... everyone has left iowa and they are try to get somebody to come! It snows and it's cold and isn't as exciting as most states ... let's just say all their lakes are man made.
The Following User Says Thank You to The Oopster For This Useful Post:
Old 08-26-2010, 05:54 AM   #11
PwrFemme

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Relationship Status:
Married to HeelBilli

1 Highscore

PwrFemme Has the BEST ReputationPwrFemme Has the BEST ReputationPwrFemme Has the BEST ReputationPwrFemme Has the BEST ReputationPwrFemme Has the BEST ReputationPwrFemme Has the BEST ReputationPwrFemme Has the BEST ReputationPwrFemme Has the BEST ReputationPwrFemme Has the BEST ReputationPwrFemme Has the BEST ReputationPwrFemme Has the BEST Reputation

Good Morning Iowan's! Fairly new to this site but not new to the Butch Femme world of chat. Thought I would say a quick hello and I shall return tonight. Hoping to get the chat room up and thriving. Join me if you can!
Pwr
PwrFemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to PwrFemme For This Useful Post:
Old 08-26-2010, 09:46 AM   #12
Dutch Leonard

How Do You Identify?:
Stone Butch

Welcome to the Planet, PwrFemme. Nice to see you here. I am nicebutch4u over at the dash site.
Old 08-26-2010, 10:15 AM   #13
Abigail Crabby

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Princess
Relationship Status:
Single, but sociable

Thanked 9,667 Times in 2,484 Posts
Abigail Crabby Has the BEST ReputationAbigail Crabby Has the BEST ReputationAbigail Crabby Has the BEST ReputationAbigail Crabby Has the BEST ReputationAbigail Crabby Has the BEST ReputationAbigail Crabby Has the BEST ReputationAbigail Crabby Has the BEST ReputationAbigail Crabby Has the BEST ReputationAbigail Crabby Has the BEST ReputationAbigail Crabby Has the BEST ReputationAbigail Crabby Has the BEST Reputation

I've never been to Iowa - but I understand it's got some great land with lots of barns full of stuff.

Being the *stuff* collector that I am lol I think I would like to travel to Iowa one day.

before the snow of course lol

Turns whatever happens to you into a positive...
Abigail Crabby is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Abigail Crabby For This Useful Post:
Old 08-26-2010, 04:19 PM   #14
Dutch Leonard

How Do You Identify?:
Stone Butch

Yeah, once the snow is here it can get like the Donner Party. You don't want to be the first one to fall asleep once the cupboards are bare...
Old 09-06-2010, 05:30 AM   #15
Tcountry

How Do You Identify?:
Country Boi
Preferred Pronoun?:
call it as u see it
Relationship Status:
Completely...complete ;)

1 Highscore

Thanked 4,287 Times in 1,181 Posts
Tcountry Has the BEST ReputationTcountry Has the BEST ReputationTcountry Has the BEST ReputationTcountry Has the BEST ReputationTcountry Has the BEST ReputationTcountry Has the BEST ReputationTcountry Has the BEST ReputationTcountry Has the BEST ReputationTcountry Has the BEST ReputationTcountry Has the BEST ReputationTcountry Has the BEST Reputation
Default born & raised

lived in Iowa till just this past March...moved west to Nebraska...still get back there often tho
Tcountry is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tcountry For This Useful Post:
Old 09-11-2010, 12:34 PM   #16
morningstar55

How Do You Identify?:
femme,she
Preferred Pronoun?:
she,her,
Relationship Status:
very single

Thanked 4,241 Times in 1,845 Posts
morningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abigail Crabby View Post
I've never been to Iowa - but I understand it's got some great land with lots of barns full of stuff.

Being the *stuff* collector that I am lol I think I would like to travel to Iowa one day.

before the snow of course lol

.....well i have......a number of times.... and well im here now lol
hangin in WaterLoo ..... and let me tell you im bored silly....
may wonder down towards iowa city and then head east a lil bit..... maybe.

life is to short to wake up in the morning with regrets
so love the people who treat you right,
forget about the ones who dont,
and believe that everything happens for a reason.
If you get a chance take it... if it changes your life let it.
morningstar55 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to morningstar55 For This Useful Post:
Old 09-11-2010, 04:10 PM   #17
Glenn

How Do You Identify?:
Northwest Wind and Lake Michigan
Preferred Pronoun?:
Paesano
Relationship Status:
Solo

Thanked 3,732 Times in 1,096 Posts
Glenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST Reputation

You can go into Nauvoo to visit/argue with the Mormoms..

Quote:
Originally Posted by morningstar55 View Post
Glenn is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Glenn For This Useful Post:
Old 09-11-2010, 05:04 PM   #18
Dutch Leonard

How Do You Identify?:
Stone Butch

Quote:
Originally Posted by morningstar55 View Post
No load lined up? You dead heading?
Old 09-11-2010, 05:10 PM   #19
Dutch Leonard

How Do You Identify?:
Stone Butch

Quote:
Originally Posted by popcorninthesofa View Post
You can go into Nauvoo to visit/argue with the Mormoms..
I've been there! I was there with my Mom and Dad years ago and still have the souvenir brick. I think it is a fun place if you like museums geared towards history and they have a whole restored village. But now, that is in Illinois, across the river. Iowa has many of it's own attractions, but I do recommend visiting Nauvoo, if one gets the chance and can spend at least an afternoon there. There is also some fine dining downtown there.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dutch Leonard For This Useful Post:
Old 09-11-2010, 07:26 PM   #20
Mitmo01

How Do You Identify?:
Disobedient Thing...
Preferred Pronoun?:
Rebel Soul in the blood..Heathen as well
Relationship Status:
Marked and Loved....I Belong to Her....

Thanked 1,354 Times in 579 Posts
Mitmo01 Has the BEST ReputationMitmo01 Has the BEST ReputationMitmo01 Has the BEST ReputationMitmo01 Has the BEST ReputationMitmo01 Has the BEST ReputationMitmo01 Has the BEST ReputationMitmo01 Has the BEST ReputationMitmo01 Has the BEST ReputationMitmo01 Has the BEST ReputationMitmo01 Has the BEST ReputationMitmo01 Has the BEST Reputation

We live in omaha but i used to live and work in sioux city woot woot
Mitmo01 is offline   Reply With Quote