Old 10-18-2010, 07:18 PM   #1
WheelieStrong

How Do You Identify?:
transman on Wheels
Preferred Pronoun?:
his, him, he, bitch, MINE lol
Relationship Status:
Hopeful, longing aching for her touch

WheelieStrong Has the BEST ReputationWheelieStrong Has the BEST ReputationWheelieStrong Has the BEST ReputationWheelieStrong Has the BEST ReputationWheelieStrong Has the BEST ReputationWheelieStrong Has the BEST ReputationWheelieStrong Has the BEST ReputationWheelieStrong Has the BEST ReputationWheelieStrong Has the BEST ReputationWheelieStrong Has the BEST ReputationWheelieStrong Has the BEST Reputation
Talking LGBT friendly care staff

just being nosey really, i have live in care (who is also my ex gf of many years)

She is not currently getting a day off, but i have been using agency care to cover what days she has taken off before, and well agency doesn't seem to work for me.

i think part of agency staff not working is the fact that i avoid getting them to help me dress/undress or wash to reduce the chances of folk seeing me naked when they haven't before.
And i find myself watching what i say so i am less likely to offend them because i am trans, queer and a little bit of a perv.
this also means i avoid getting them to help me with tidying in case they find anything "interesting" in my flat.

This really means it is pointless me having agency care in sometimes as they only end up helping me with food, and if they change their hours without telling me and come two hours after their last visit i really cant eat again so soon

Would it be appropriate to look for LGBT friendly care staff in LGBT friendly online places?
WheelieStrong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 07:27 PM   #2
miss entycing

How Do You Identify?:
dangerous, but worth the risk.
Preferred Pronoun?:
just be nice.. it's that easy.
Relationship Status:
CapitalM's carved upon my skin.

Location: on the southern edge of sanity, under a carolina moon.
Thanked 8,262 Times in 2,255 Posts
miss entycing Has the BEST Reputationmiss entycing Has the BEST Reputationmiss entycing Has the BEST Reputationmiss entycing Has the BEST Reputationmiss entycing Has the BEST Reputationmiss entycing Has the BEST Reputationmiss entycing Has the BEST Reputationmiss entycing Has the BEST Reputationmiss entycing Has the BEST Reputationmiss entycing Has the BEST Reputationmiss entycing Has the BEST Reputation
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by WheelieStrong View Post
just being nosey really, i have live in care (who is also my ex gf of many years)

She is not currently getting a day off, but i have been using agency care to cover what days she has taken off before, and well agency doesn't seem to work for me.

i think part of agency staff not working is the fact that i avoid getting them to help me dress/undress or wash to reduce the chances of folk seeing me naked when they haven't before.
And i find myself watching what i say so i am less likely to offend them because i am trans, queer and a little bit of a perv.
this also means i avoid getting them to help me with tidying in case they find anything "interesting" in my flat.

This really means it is pointless me having agency care in sometimes as they only end up helping me with food, and if they change their hours without telling me and come two hours after their last visit i really cant eat again so soon

Would it be appropriate to look for LGBT friendly care staff in LGBT friendly online places?
good evening,
I'm not sure if they are in England or not, but there is a home care agency called Interim Healthcare who do have aides who are LGBT/Trans friendly... I worked for them for several years and cared for quite a few in home patients who were LGBT/Trans

I absolutely think it's appropritate for you to reseach this online or through support centers where you live!
if I can help in any way.... don't hesitate to ask.

good luck!

True strength lies in submission which permits one to dedicate their life,
through devotion,
to something beyond themselves.

Whenever someone awakens fully,
it affects human consciousness at a collective level.
It is like dropping a stone into a dark murky pond.
Ripples of light...
Not one word need be spoken.

miss entycing is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to miss entycing For This Useful Post:
Old 10-18-2010, 07:32 PM   #3
WheelieStrong

How Do You Identify?:
transman on Wheels
Preferred Pronoun?:
his, him, he, bitch, MINE lol
Relationship Status:
Hopeful, longing aching for her touch

WheelieStrong Has the BEST ReputationWheelieStrong Has the BEST ReputationWheelieStrong Has the BEST ReputationWheelieStrong Has the BEST ReputationWheelieStrong Has the BEST ReputationWheelieStrong Has the BEST ReputationWheelieStrong Has the BEST ReputationWheelieStrong Has the BEST ReputationWheelieStrong Has the BEST ReputationWheelieStrong Has the BEST ReputationWheelieStrong Has the BEST Reputation
Default Thank you

thank you so much!

i originally asked for the job to be advertised in the gay times or something like that, but surprise surprise the people who were helping weren't very forthcoming.

i will look up the place you mentioned
WheelieStrong is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to WheelieStrong For This Useful Post:

Tags
care, job advertising, lgbt friendly, staff