Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femm
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
☀️☀️☀️

Thanked 39,539 Times in 10,209 Posts
Bèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST Reputation

My version of sausage etouffee. No rice

Thinking my favorite low carb beer as well!
Cheers🍻

A kiss is a whisper in your mouth.
Can I borrow a kiss? I promise to give it back.
Bèsame* is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Bèsame* For This Useful Post:
Old 08-04-2019, 08:04 PM   #29182
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

Thanked 21,719 Times in 5,083 Posts
nycfem has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amulette View Post
Cucumber plum salad sounds great. What is in it?
Cucumbers and plums, that's it. Somehow it works!

Tonight I had the salad I've been into lately: vine ripe tomatoes, artichoke hearts, hearts of palm, salt, pepper, garlic, balsamic vinegar, and lots of fresh basil. It hit the spot as usual. I had leftovers which I will try to have tomorrow but it's kind of not as good the next day.

I also had a bowl of black bean soup with sour cream, cilantro, and onions.

I had Greek yogurt with banana, raspberries, cinnamon, and kamut puffs for dessert.

It was all very tasty.

How do I... ?
Check out the Members Helping Members thread:
http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/foru...embers+Helping
nycfem is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to nycfem For This Useful Post:
Old 08-04-2019, 10:49 PM   #29183
LOQUI

How Do You Identify?:
Butch, Non Binary, Trans, Always Me. :)

Thanked 2,486 Times in 848 Posts
LOQUI Has the BEST ReputationLOQUI Has the BEST ReputationLOQUI Has the BEST ReputationLOQUI Has the BEST ReputationLOQUI Has the BEST ReputationLOQUI Has the BEST ReputationLOQUI Has the BEST ReputationLOQUI Has the BEST ReputationLOQUI Has the BEST ReputationLOQUI Has the BEST ReputationLOQUI Has the BEST Reputation

Egg sandwich....didnt want to cook...

LOQUI is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to LOQUI For This Useful Post:
Old 08-04-2019, 11:10 PM   #29184
Martina

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 18,366 Times in 4,171 Posts
Martina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOQUI View Post
...didnt want to cook...

"Faints* ~~~~~~~~~
Old 08-05-2019, 05:17 PM   #29185
Princess

How Do You Identify?:
princess
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her.
Relationship Status:
One singular sensation!

Thanked 4,581 Times in 1,009 Posts
Princess Has the BEST ReputationPrincess Has the BEST ReputationPrincess Has the BEST ReputationPrincess Has the BEST ReputationPrincess Has the BEST ReputationPrincess Has the BEST ReputationPrincess Has the BEST ReputationPrincess Has the BEST ReputationPrincess Has the BEST ReputationPrincess Has the BEST ReputationPrincess Has the BEST Reputation

a sirloin burger patty with a slice of baby swiss and a baked potato. i haven't had much to eat over the last week so this was an absolute FEAST.
She was bored. She loved, had capacity to love, for love, to give and accept love. Only she tried twice and failed twice to find somebody not just strong enough to deserve it, earn it, match it, but even brave enough to accept it.”

~William Faulkner, The Town
Princess is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Princess For This Useful Post:
Old 08-05-2019, 07:45 PM   #29186
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

I am so bad at cooking that if I am able to eat my cooking I consider it a success

Tonight I was able to eat what I cooked, though it was super bland. I tried my new Gochujang sauce recommended by Georgia Ma'am. But I botched how I used it. Into a big wok I threw a bag of spinach, a bag of riced cauliflower, a block of tofu, a big onion, curry powder, and 2 tbs of Gochujang. Then I cooked it. I think maybe I should have dry cooked the meal without the sauce and then added it. The veggies and tofu are so watery when they cook that they probably ended up making everything steamed as well as watering down the Gochujang, leaving me with a filling but boring tasting meal. If anyone has suggestions other than what I just said, please let me know

Oh, I had added about a fourth of an avocado on top which really tasted good with it, but after it ran out, I tried adding a cooked beet and that did not work well.

All of this being said, it was a filling meal that left me feeling good (easy to digest).

For dessert I had Greek yogurt with cinnamon, banana, and kamut puffs.

I survived my cooking tonight!

How do I... ?
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to nycfem For This Useful Post:
Old 08-06-2019, 02:53 AM   #29187
tantalizingfemme

How Do You Identify?:
Me

Thanked 4,010 Times in 823 Posts
tantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycfem View Post
I am so bad at cooking that if I am able to eat my cooking I consider it a success

Tonight I was able to eat what I cooked, though it was super bland. I tried my new Gochujang sauce recommended by Georgia Ma'am. But I botched how I used it. Into a big wok I threw a bag of spinach, a bag of riced cauliflower, a block of tofu, a big onion, curry powder, and 2 tbs of Gochujang. Then I cooked it. I think maybe I should have dry cooked the meal without the sauce and then added it. The veggies and tofu are so watery when they cook that they probably ended up making everything steamed as well as watering down the Gochujang, leaving me with a filling but boring tasting meal. If anyone has suggestions other than what I just said, please let me know

Oh, I had added about a fourth of an avocado on top which really tasted good with it, but after it ran out, I tried adding a cooked beet and that did not work well.

All of this being said, it was a filling meal that left me feeling good (easy to digest).

For dessert I had Greek yogurt with cinnamon, banana, and kamut puffs.

I survived my cooking tonight!
Marinate the tofu in the sauce rather than putting it on everything. Either bake to crisp the tofu or saute til crispy, and then add to sauteed veggies.(stick with riced cauliflower, onion and spinach and maybe add red pepper, but not in the beginning so it retains some crunch) No curry. If you like pineapple, put that in and some juice (not too much, if you use canned) when you blend the vegetables and tofu at the end. If you don't like pineapple, try some maple syrup and fresh ginger, mix with some apple cider vinegar (to taste) and add just enough to coat at the end and warm it up.
tantalizingfemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to tantalizingfemme For This Useful Post:
Old 08-06-2019, 04:39 PM   #29188
Mopsie

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Female ones
Relationship Status:
Single

1 Highscore

Thanked 8,586 Times in 1,857 Posts
Mopsie Has the BEST ReputationMopsie Has the BEST ReputationMopsie Has the BEST ReputationMopsie Has the BEST ReputationMopsie Has the BEST ReputationMopsie Has the BEST ReputationMopsie Has the BEST ReputationMopsie Has the BEST ReputationMopsie Has the BEST ReputationMopsie Has the BEST ReputationMopsie Has the BEST Reputation

I'm out at my fave Indian restaurant.

Tonight it's Saag Paneer & Vegetable Patia.

Yummy!
Mopsie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Mopsie For This Useful Post:
Old 08-06-2019, 05:37 PM   #29189
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

Thanked 54,956 Times in 13,922 Posts
girl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputation

Fish tacos! Compliments of the Syr!
girl_dee is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to girl_dee For This Useful Post:
Old 08-06-2019, 06:21 PM   #29190
Tuff Stuff

How Do You Identify?:
Butch Woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 1,318 Times in 506 Posts
Tuff Stuff Has the BEST ReputationTuff Stuff Has the BEST ReputationTuff Stuff Has the BEST ReputationTuff Stuff Has the BEST ReputationTuff Stuff Has the BEST ReputationTuff Stuff Has the BEST ReputationTuff Stuff Has the BEST ReputationTuff Stuff Has the BEST ReputationTuff Stuff Has the BEST ReputationTuff Stuff Has the BEST ReputationTuff Stuff Has the BEST Reputation

I want scrambled eggs and hash...sourdough toast. Icecream for dessert. I want it I get it.

First, I really need a shower.
Tuff Stuff is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Tuff Stuff For This Useful Post:
Old 08-06-2019, 06:53 PM   #29191
GeorgiaMa'am
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
High Femme Ma'am
Preferred Pronoun?:
Ma'am
Relationship Status:
widowed - involved, poly

14 Highscores

Thanked 27,156 Times in 5,130 Posts
GeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
I think maybe I should have dry cooked the meal without the sauce and then added it.
I think you've got the right idea. Sorry it didn't help more!

Tonight I had a Cuban sandwich and Vanilla Swiss Almond ice cream.

It's been so lonely without you here
Like a bird without a song
Nothing can stop these lonely tears from falling . . .
'Cause nothing compares, nothing compares 2 U

- Prince
GeorgiaMa'am is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to GeorgiaMa'am For This Useful Post:
Old 08-06-2019, 07:43 PM   #29192
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

Tonight I tried what I said I was going to do, dry wok the tofu and veggies and then add the bibimbap sauce. It was SO much better! I dry wokked a bag of riced cauliflower, an onion, a bunch of chopped carrots, and a block of chopped tofu. It took FOREVER for the pan to dry out with these watery veggies. I actually think the riced cauliflower might have been the most helpful in drying things out. Unfortunately the carrots steamed, and the rice cauliflower got a little mashed, but overall I was able to hang in there and wait until things started to burn a tiny bit (how I like it). Any advice on how to get things crisper in the wok or which veggies not to use if I don't want them generating a wok of water?

So after I cooked them with the top off -man, did I say it took forever, cuz it really did- then I added .25 cup of the bibimbap Korean sauce (thanks, GeorgiaMa'am- it was soooo good!). It was just great, perfect sauce. I didn't add curry upon the advice of my husbutch.

I would definitely make this again, though just have to figure out how to have a bit dryer, crispier browned veggies. And I'd love it if there is a way for them to not take so long to cook.

Still... this was a huge improvement!

How do I... ?
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to nycfem For This Useful Post:
Old 08-06-2019, 08:14 PM   #29193
Stone-Butch

How Do You Identify?:
Stonebutch
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 8,469 Times in 2,635 Posts
Stone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST Reputation
Default Dinner

Baked chicken
Potato salad
Cole slaw
Iced tea lots of lemon
Stone-Butch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Stone-Butch For This Useful Post:
Old 08-07-2019, 02:03 AM   #29194
tantalizingfemme

How Do You Identify?:
Me

Thanked 4,010 Times in 823 Posts
tantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Tonight I tried what I said I was going to do, dry wok the tofu and veggies and then add the bibimbap sauce. It was SO much better! I dry wokked a bag of riced cauliflower, an onion, a bunch of chopped carrots, and a block of chopped tofu. It took FOREVER for the pan to dry out with these watery veggies. I actually think the riced cauliflower might have been the most helpful in drying things out. Unfortunately the carrots steamed, and the rice cauliflower got a little mashed, but overall I was able to hang in there and wait until things started to burn a tiny bit (how I like it). Any advice on how to get things crisper in the wok or which veggies not to use if I don't want them generating a wok of water?

So after I cooked them with the top off -man, did I say it took forever, cuz it really did- then I added .25 cup of the bibimbap Korean sauce (thanks, GeorgiaMa'am- it was soooo good!). It was just great, perfect sauce. I didn't add curry upon the advice of my husbutch.

I would definitely make this again, though just have to figure out how to have a bit dryer, crispier browned veggies. And I'd love it if there is a way for them to not take so long to cook.

Still... this was a huge improvement!
Hey Jen, a few questions. Did you press your tofu before using it? If you didn't, that would explain all of the moisture. Second, was your riced cauliflower fresh or frozen? Last, as I have never heard of dry wok(king) before... is this cooking with no oil hence the "dry" wok?

Here is a recommendation when cooking with tofu. I freeze the tofu (firm or extra firm), then defrost and press for 15 to 30 minutes before using. This gives the tofu a different consistency which I love and after pressed there is very little to no moisture and it absorbs everything so much better. I also always cook my tofu first before I add vegetables to allow it to get crispy. Looking at the vegetables you used I can only figure all that moisture coming from either unpressed tofu or frozen cauliflower. The onions have very little moisture and it should dissipate quickly in the high heat and the carrots don't really release enough moisture to make a difference. If you are using frozen cauliflower it won't dry out during cooking unless you do it really slow on low heat and for a long time but there is no guarantee. Again, always press your tofu even you don't freeze (I wrap the tofu in a clean kitchen towel, put in on a large plate or cutting board, place another plate or cutting board on top and then put heavy items on top like a heavy iron skillet. I have seen people put heavy books on top, I have taken 4 cans and put them on the the top plate or cutting board and let it press on it for a while. Just monitor as weight shifts and you have to adjust what is on top occasionally) If you are using frozen cauliflower rice it will always have a lot of moisture so try to look for riced cauliflower in the produce section or make your own. I throw cut up fresh cauliflower in my food processor and pulse until it is riced. And if you are using non frozen cauliflower, remove the tofu once done, then cook the cauliflower on the high heat alone to cook off the moisture, then add the carrots and onion and then add back the tofu and toss with the sauce.
tantalizingfemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to tantalizingfemme For This Useful Post:
Old 08-07-2019, 05:52 AM   #29195
Chancie

How Do You Identify?:
queer femme-inist
Relationship Status:
I'm lucky.

1 Highscore

Thanked 14,354 Times in 2,670 Posts
Chancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST Reputation
Thumbs up

We had delicious pasta last night. One can coconut milk, one can tomato paste + one tomato paste can of water, three cloves garlic, and salt, pepper, and paprika. I served it over WW pasta. We licked the bowls.

Dear Jenny, sometimes I freeze tofu, and I don’t always press it, but I often cut it in cubes and bake it. It adds a nice chew.

Chancie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Chancie For This Useful Post:
Old 08-07-2019, 04:21 PM   #29196
Orema
Superlative Soul Sister

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her, shawty
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 34,099 Times in 8,593 Posts
Orema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST Reputation

Burger, fries, cherry coke.
Orema is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Orema For This Useful Post:
Old 08-07-2019, 04:42 PM   #29197
Bèsame*
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femm
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
☀️☀️☀️

Thanked 39,539 Times in 10,209 Posts
Bèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST Reputation

I'm calling for egg foo young!

A kiss is a whisper in your mouth.
Can I borrow a kiss? I promise to give it back.
Bèsame* is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Bèsame* For This Useful Post:
Old 08-07-2019, 05:58 PM   #29198
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Thanked 33,586 Times in 14,918 Posts
homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orema View Post
Burger, fries, cherry coke.

I'll have what she's having...........
homoe is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 08-07-2019, 06:22 PM   #29199
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

Thanks for the recipes and ideas, Tantalizing and Chancie. I totally am feeling so much more capable learning from you both.

Tonight was a win! I dry wokked (okay- I made that term up- I just mean cooking with no oil and no water in a wok) carrots, onions, tofu, and petite brussel sprouts. It was not watery which was great. I cooked it till it was starting to brown. Then I added. 25 cup of Gochujang (I'm forever thankful, GeorgiaMa'am!) after it was off the heat. The flavor was perfect!

Then I kind of ruined it by having a Rawmantic vegan vanilla bar after for dessert which made me way too full (It's full of nuts and seeds.). Note to self: Brussel sprouts are incredibly filling .

I was surprised how well the petite Brussel sprouts worked! Total victory of a meal!

I'm excited to start pressing my tofu and also to try Chancie's pasta recipe!

How do I... ?
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to nycfem For This Useful Post:
Old 08-07-2019, 06:43 PM   #29200
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

Thanked 54,956 Times in 13,922 Posts
girl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputation

Stuffed bell peppers and a side of asian salad
girl_dee is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to girl_dee For This Useful Post:

Tags
dessert, dinner, food