Old 10-25-2011, 05:21 AM   #1
crashhere4eva

How Do You Identify?:
Boi
Preferred Pronoun?:
Her, hym...I'm not gonna bite your head off about it
Relationship Status:
Busy... Teaching a hott professor

crashhere4eva Has the BEST Reputationcrashhere4eva Has the BEST Reputationcrashhere4eva Has the BEST Reputationcrashhere4eva Has the BEST Reputationcrashhere4eva Has the BEST Reputationcrashhere4eva Has the BEST Reputationcrashhere4eva Has the BEST Reputationcrashhere4eva Has the BEST Reputationcrashhere4eva Has the BEST Reputationcrashhere4eva Has the BEST Reputationcrashhere4eva Has the BEST Reputation
Talking The Good News Thread

Hello Friends,
If it has not already been done, I would like to start a new thread that is just about "Good News" whether that be on TV or in our personal lives. I put it in the Red Zone so anyone may read it and be enlightened by good, positive news. I realize that not all news is good and we must still be realistic about life and world events however, good news is just as realistic as bad news. With that said, please feel free to be realistic but post something positive about it.

For example, I am sad that I do not and cannot have children however; I am completely thrilled to my uttermost being that a 2 week old baby was found alive in the rubble of the recent Eastern Turkey earthquake!

Other examples of what I'm looking for in this thread are:
1. I got the job, got call backs, interviews
2. I heard on the news that a lady bought a powerball by mistake and won
3. I heard on the news that someone gave back to the community
4. I wrecked my car but made it out ok
5. It's a Boy! It's a Girl!
6. We are getting married
7. I heard on the news that our soldiers our coming home!
8. I heard on the news that Marriage Equality is
9. I passed my test!

By the way, this thread is also about being genuinely happy for our friends who post the good news in here. It's a positive outreach to each other. Life is very hard and all these circumstances in the world can bring us down. We must take it upon ourselves to make our own opportunities for happiness by embracing the news and thoughts that make us smile.

Thank you,
Old 10-25-2011, 05:28 AM   #2
Stitch

How Do You Identify?:
Sweetest Soft Butch you don't know yet
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Hy,
Relationship Status:
Solo Artist

Stitch Has the BEST ReputationStitch Has the BEST ReputationStitch Has the BEST ReputationStitch Has the BEST ReputationStitch Has the BEST ReputationStitch Has the BEST ReputationStitch Has the BEST ReputationStitch Has the BEST ReputationStitch Has the BEST ReputationStitch Has the BEST ReputationStitch Has the BEST Reputation

I finally found a new roommate so I can actually have a life again!
Stitch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Stitch For This Useful Post:
Old 10-25-2011, 06:43 AM   #3
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

Thanked 54,956 Times in 13,922 Posts
girl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputation

my good news is that I have a friend to stay with for my NOLA trip in December which means I can stay LONGER for a nice visit! I'm so excited!
girl_dee is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to girl_dee For This Useful Post:
Old 10-25-2011, 07:33 AM   #4
clay
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch (Silver Fox) Dom Daddi
Preferred Pronoun?:
50 Shades of Clay Darker & Deeper
Relationship Status:
married to my forever

Thanked 31,685 Times in 7,714 Posts
clay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

I am grateful for the generosity of people on the Planet that make those scholarships available to us folks on fixed social security and/or disability incomes that would not have otherwise had the opportunity to attend, both this year and next!!. It is those folks who rock! Thank you to ALL those that make this possible each year!!!
Old 10-25-2011, 10:10 AM   #5
Stud_puppy1991

How Do You Identify?:
butch, gentleman
Preferred Pronoun?:
Hy, Hym, "Hey Handsome", and also throwing in a "Sup man" or a "You're sexy" will work
Relationship Status:
Back to Bachelorhood

Stud_puppy1991 Has the BEST ReputationStud_puppy1991 Has the BEST ReputationStud_puppy1991 Has the BEST ReputationStud_puppy1991 Has the BEST ReputationStud_puppy1991 Has the BEST ReputationStud_puppy1991 Has the BEST ReputationStud_puppy1991 Has the BEST ReputationStud_puppy1991 Has the BEST ReputationStud_puppy1991 Has the BEST ReputationStud_puppy1991 Has the BEST ReputationStud_puppy1991 Has the BEST Reputation

My good news is that I have an internship under my criminology major. And, I have a lovely, amazing girl.
Stud_puppy1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Stud_puppy1991 For This Useful Post:
Old 10-25-2011, 10:34 AM   #6
ScandalAndy

How Do You Identify?:
human femme spitfire
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her
Relationship Status:
it's official!

Thanked 3,220 Times in 753 Posts
ScandalAndy Has the BEST ReputationScandalAndy Has the BEST ReputationScandalAndy Has the BEST ReputationScandalAndy Has the BEST ReputationScandalAndy Has the BEST ReputationScandalAndy Has the BEST ReputationScandalAndy Has the BEST ReputationScandalAndy Has the BEST ReputationScandalAndy Has the BEST ReputationScandalAndy Has the BEST ReputationScandalAndy Has the BEST Reputation

The good news is that in the past three weeks, my vocal coach has managed to get me up to a three octave range, which gives me hope for future attempts at making my passion into my career!
Old 10-25-2011, 11:17 AM   #7
AtLast
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
HER - SHE
Relationship Status:
Relating

Thanked 10,830 Times in 3,200 Posts
AtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums
Default Very good news!!!

2-week old baby rescued after quake in Turkey

http://abclocal.go.com/kgo/story?sec...rld&id=8405094
AtLast is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to AtLast For This Useful Post:
Old 10-25-2011, 11:39 AM   #8
Apocalipstic
Pink Confection

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her, Ma'am
Relationship Status:
Dating Myself

Thanked 11,383 Times in 2,840 Posts
Apocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST Reputation

What a great idea for a thread Crash!
Old 10-25-2011, 05:26 PM   #9
crashhere4eva

How Do You Identify?:
Boi
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

crashhere4eva Has the BEST Reputationcrashhere4eva Has the BEST Reputationcrashhere4eva Has the BEST Reputationcrashhere4eva Has the BEST Reputationcrashhere4eva Has the BEST Reputationcrashhere4eva Has the BEST Reputationcrashhere4eva Has the BEST Reputationcrashhere4eva Has the BEST Reputationcrashhere4eva Has the BEST Reputationcrashhere4eva Has the BEST Reputationcrashhere4eva Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by June View Post
Hey, Crash -- I moved this to Fun/Fluff. It's not really a Red Zone topic.

At least I would hope that people wouldn't want to duke it out over Good News and Kudos!

Have a great day!

LOL! Thanks for the help June, I figured someone would help me navigate it if it was misplaced. Take care hun!
Old 10-25-2011, 05:31 PM   #10
crashhere4eva

How Do You Identify?:
Boi
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtLast View Post

2-week old baby rescued after quake in Turkey

http://abclocal.go.com/kgo/story?sec...rld&id=8405094
YES! At Last, this is the news i was talking about in my example. It's a beautiful story and I loved hearing that good news!
Old 10-27-2011, 08:07 AM   #11
crashhere4eva

How Do You Identify?:
Boi
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

I heard on the news this morning that "Jack the Cat" who was lost when his owner brought him on a plane is found after 61 days! Jack is apparantly struggling health wise but it's still good to hear that the owner was so estatic about him being found.
Old 11-02-2011, 07:50 PM   #12
Dante

How Do You Identify?:
Stone Butch Top
Preferred Pronoun?:
Hym
Relationship Status:
Single

Dante Has the BEST ReputationDante Has the BEST ReputationDante Has the BEST ReputationDante Has the BEST ReputationDante Has the BEST ReputationDante Has the BEST ReputationDante Has the BEST ReputationDante Has the BEST ReputationDante Has the BEST ReputationDante Has the BEST ReputationDante Has the BEST Reputation

Angelina & Anjelica, the 2 year old twins, conjoined in the middle, were successfully separated today and doing fine.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Dante For This Useful Post:
Old 11-08-2011, 06:19 AM   #13
crashhere4eva

How Do You Identify?:
Boi
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

A lady came in the station yesterday who is usually not very talkative, little eye contact and generally sad posture/facial expressions. She was really happy, talkative and inquisitive of how I am doing etc. She said her children came to visit her and they have some news to give to her which she believed to be an announcement of "GRANDBABIES!"
Old 11-08-2011, 06:42 AM   #14
Estella

How Do You Identify?:
Straightforward Femme. What you see is what you get.
Preferred Pronoun?:
We
Relationship Status:
Sadie, Sadie ... married lady.

Estella Has the BEST ReputationEstella Has the BEST ReputationEstella Has the BEST ReputationEstella Has the BEST ReputationEstella Has the BEST ReputationEstella Has the BEST ReputationEstella Has the BEST ReputationEstella Has the BEST ReputationEstella Has the BEST ReputationEstella Has the BEST ReputationEstella Has the BEST Reputation

After months of searching, I have finally found a no-kill shelter to take the abandoned cats living under my porch.
Old 11-14-2011, 06:18 AM   #15
crashhere4eva

How Do You Identify?:
Boi
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

I heard on the news that a husband dug through a landfill file because his wife lost her ring...and he found it! In a landfill! Makes ya smile don't it?
Old 11-14-2011, 06:40 AM   #16
AtLast
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
HER - SHE
Relationship Status:
Relating

Thanked 10,830 Times in 3,200 Posts
AtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Thank you for this thread. Sometimes it gets so hard dealing with all of the really awful news around us all of the time. Stressful.
AtLast is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AtLast For This Useful Post:
Old 11-14-2011, 04:51 PM   #17
crashhere4eva

How Do You Identify?:
Boi
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtLast View Post
Thank you for this thread. Sometimes it gets so hard dealing with all of the really awful news around us all of the time. Stressful.

YOU ARE WELCOME! THANKS FOR PARTICIPATING IN IT BECAUSE I LOVE TO HEAR GOOD NEWS TOO!
Old 11-15-2011, 05:02 PM   #18
crashhere4eva

How Do You Identify?:
Boi
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

I just watched Ellen and she had a family on her show today that had 4 kids in which were adopted. I loved it! She gave them a $15,000 Sam's Club card and threw in a new car!
Old 11-16-2011, 06:15 PM   #19
crashhere4eva

How Do You Identify?:
Boi
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Thumbs up

Passing the mystery shop with flyingggg colors and even got "exceeds expectations"
Old 11-28-2011, 07:25 PM   #20
crashhere4eva

How Do You Identify?:
Boi
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Transfer interview tommorrow!

Tags
good, news, positive