Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > LIFE > Hobbies, Crafts, Interests

Hobbies, Crafts, Interests Do you like to knit? Throw pottery? Go fishing? Camping? Have Pets? Make jewelry? Tell us about it here!

Old 07-08-2011, 04:57 PM   #381
Hack
Just a guy.

How Do You Identify?:
Just a guy
Preferred Pronoun?:
male
Relationship Status:
Sparkle's consort

Thanked 3,784 Times in 960 Posts
Hack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST Reputation

Happy to see my Detroit Tigers back on track after that inter-league play. First time they didn't finish inter-league with a winning record. Our pitching rotation is pretty sorry, but I think we will still contend in the AL Central. Playing game 2 of a series with the KC Royals tonight. Won the first game last night. Play ball!
Hack is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hack For This Useful Post:
Old 07-08-2011, 07:47 PM   #382
AtLast
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
HER - SHE
Relationship Status:
Relating

Thanked 10,830 Times in 3,200 Posts
AtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow band View Post
My honey told me I could go to a game with you when the Pirates are in California...Aug 8, 9, or 10....the Pirates would love hear my big mouth way out there.......LOL thats what she said!

If I could make airfare work for the daytime game on Wednesday....(and I am still looking into that, the red eye) I'd only burn one PTO from work.

And to answer your question, no it isn't wrong to look for that quality. It was a non-negotiable with me. If you don't like baseball, I go without you, and you don't bitch, because baseball is what I do. I also like womans basketball, we don't even get that on TV here, I have to settle for college. I don't like men's basketball. I'm not a fan of football, but I never interfere with her watching or going.

But we have talked about this before. I am very active, and it's hard for me to expect anyone to keep up with me. Here is a hint how I know if they are a semi baseball fan. When I buy a scorecard, and start filling it out, and I don't get the protracted eye roll....it's not someone humoring me.

I see lots of femmes at the games, season ticket holders, you get to know one another........it's not just a guys sport. Don't settle!
No it isn't just a guy's sport at all.

WOW!!! OMG! This would be fantastic!! Wayyyyyyyyyyyyyy KEWL!! Let me know- I'll get the tix!!! My sister is a Giants nut, too (whole family was and we are who is left) and she might already have seats for a game in that series and she has good ones- gives them out to me and her kids often as she can't travel as mucg to games (her husband is ill). Otherwise, I will just get some (but hers are usually way, way good seats!).
AtLast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 10:23 PM   #383
Ciaran

How Do You Identify?:
Altocalciphilic
Preferred Pronoun?:
Papa Smurf
Relationship Status:
Curmudgeonous spinster

Thanked 3,656 Times in 602 Posts
Ciaran Has the BEST ReputationCiaran Has the BEST ReputationCiaran Has the BEST ReputationCiaran Has the BEST ReputationCiaran Has the BEST ReputationCiaran Has the BEST ReputationCiaran Has the BEST ReputationCiaran Has the BEST ReputationCiaran Has the BEST ReputationCiaran Has the BEST ReputationCiaran Has the BEST Reputation

I've mentioned earlier in this thread that, although I've very limited interest in modern day baseball as a sport, I love vintage baseball imagery and collect original vintage photos.

Thought I'd show two photos I picked up over the past few weeks.

The first was motivated by my trip to San Francisco last week. Whilst there, I went to the Giants Stadium and to their shop where I was able to buy various items of tacky and over-priced memorabilia .... I thought back to the original Giants and the Giants will always be a New York team to me so I took the initiative to buy this photo.

It's of the Giants 1922 side. It is a historically significant photo as the Giants were in that tussle for supremacy with the Yankees - this was the second series in succession that they had fought over, with the Giants winning both, but the Yankees were to open Yankee Stadium the next year, winning the World Series that year also and the rest is history .....

The second photograph I bought was shot in 1958 and is of Gussie Moran in a Yankees shirt. Moran was a famous tennis player and one of the first women who introduced glamour to the sport. In fact, her tennis outfits (tame by today's standards) scandalised the sport. Anyway, I bought this one because I think she looks great in the Yankees shirt (much better than something vulgar such as a Boston Red Sox jersey):

Ciaran is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ciaran For This Useful Post:
Old 07-09-2011, 01:02 PM   #384
Stitch

How Do You Identify?:
Sweetest Soft Butch you don't know yet
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Hy,
Relationship Status:
Solo Artist

Stitch Has the BEST ReputationStitch Has the BEST ReputationStitch Has the BEST ReputationStitch Has the BEST ReputationStitch Has the BEST ReputationStitch Has the BEST ReputationStitch Has the BEST ReputationStitch Has the BEST ReputationStitch Has the BEST ReputationStitch Has the BEST ReputationStitch Has the BEST Reputation

Derek Jeter
Hits

Stitch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Stitch For This Useful Post:
Old 07-09-2011, 01:05 PM   #385
Tommi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Usually "Hello"
Relationship Status:
Married and Bound to Tommi's kaijira (Ts_kaijira )

1 Highscore

Location: Suthun.... California that is. Across the ridge from Laguna Beach.
Thanked 21,337 Times in 5,968 Posts
Tommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ink View Post
Derek Jeter
Hits
YAHooooooo.

http://www.realmoneyfantasyleagues.c...-Promotion.php
Tommi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Tommi For This Useful Post:
Old 07-09-2011, 01:06 PM   #386
Stitch

How Do You Identify?:
Sweetest Soft Butch you don't know yet
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Hy,
Relationship Status:
Solo Artist

Stitch Has the BEST ReputationStitch Has the BEST ReputationStitch Has the BEST ReputationStitch Has the BEST ReputationStitch Has the BEST ReputationStitch Has the BEST ReputationStitch Has the BEST ReputationStitch Has the BEST ReputationStitch Has the BEST ReputationStitch Has the BEST ReputationStitch Has the BEST Reputation

Jeter's 3000th hit was a home run and everything. You can't get any cooler than that. The guy who caught it just gave it back to Derek Jeter and everything.

I'm not a big Yankees fan, in fact I usually cheer for the other team in the playoffs but Jeter is one of my favorite baseball players ever.
Stitch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Stitch For This Useful Post:
Old 07-10-2011, 05:23 AM   #387
Dominique

How Do You Identify?:
Female/Lesbian/half the athlete I used to be
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her
Relationship Status:
Dates

Thanked 3,735 Times in 1,168 Posts
Dominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST Reputation

Andrew Mccutchen gets the nod for the all star game Due to someone being injured.

When being interviewed, Andrew said *Of course I'm happy that I am going the all star game. But I'm happier that the home town fans have let me know, to them, I am their all star* Then he smiled and winked at the camera. That gave me goose bumps.

As long as there was coffee in the world, how bad could things be??
Dominique is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dominique For This Useful Post:
Old 07-10-2011, 02:28 PM   #388
Dominique

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her
Relationship Status:
Dates

Dominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST Reputation
Talking updated all star list

Wow! Batting practice at PNC park today.

I stayed home, too humid. Watched it from my a/c igloo. pirates 9 cubs 1.

Kevin Correia was put on the all star list. The Phillies had a pitcher who became ineligable because he pitched today. Correia was next in line with the most votes.

That gives us three. And that feels better.

The Following User Says Thank You to Dominique For This Useful Post:
Old 07-10-2011, 06:38 PM   #389
Kobi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Biological female. Lesbian.
Relationship Status:
Happy

39 Highscores

Thanked 34,661 Times in 7,652 Posts
Kobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST Reputation

The BoSox completed a sweep of the Orioles today. Interesting series of hitting batters, a brawl, numerous ejections over 2 days.....oy.

Glad for a break at this point.

Kobi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Kobi For This Useful Post:
Old 07-11-2011, 06:17 AM   #390
AtLast
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
HER - SHE
Relationship Status:
Relating

AtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobi View Post

The BoSox completed a sweep of the Orioles today. Interesting series of hitting batters, a brawl, numerous ejections over 2 days.....oy.

Glad for a break at this point.
This IS good news! LOL, baseball, ya' gotta love it! The brawls, ejections... don't like to see hit batters, though. All too often, some of those are really bad.

UGh about the awful fan acident Friday during Rangers game- the fan that fell out of stands trying to catch the ball. tragic as his 6 year old son was right there. I can't imagine witnessing that.

Oh yeah, the All Star break is needed. Re-group for play-off strategy and well, the trades that we all know will go on. And time off - a lot of players need a break. But, I am excited about the actual game. I hope favorite players of all got in it.

WOOT, SF took 2 of 3 against the Mets!
Old 07-11-2011, 07:10 AM   #391
Dominique

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her
Relationship Status:
Dates

Default Big Pappi/ designated hitter

So, I just finished watching the confrontation with Gregg and Ortiz. I was reading a sports blog yesterday,that said Gregg threw three pitches inside by two feet. Thats pretty far inside. He definitely was throwing low and inside on him. The catcher was setting up inside. And he got him to do exactly what he wanted, a shallow pop up.

Ortiz, I don't know what kind of player he is, most likely he is a was and is all power now, I suspect bad knees, as he can't run and certainly doesn't like too. I also suspect he gets his ass kissed. I personally witnessed him here, hit a shallow fly and he stood and watched it, did not run out the play (inning ending) and went right into the dug out. The Pittsburgh fans Booed him. We don't like that. We don't have designated hitters.

So Ortiz not running and just watching the ball, would be Ortiz like. However, 8 ejections in that series.....a beaning or two every game. Thats dirty ball. The kind the Cardnials used to play. But I can recall Pinella screaming if any of his guys got hit. Maybe baseball is too long. Really, is a 4 day break even a break>

The father falling out of the stands to catch the free baseball was too much to think about. I feel for the player too. The next day he hit a foul ball that hit a fan in the head and caused an injury. Albeit, I am no longer interested in the baseball, there was a time when I was....

In other news, both the Reds and the Brewers needed to loose (and didn't) for us to slide into first place. We've been sold out every night since the Bo sox have been here. That hasn't happened/ for ever I don't think. I don't recall three rivers stadium being full very much.

I am waiting to see what happens with the trades. I find it interesting, Pedro Alveras is recovered, but they are keeping him in the minors, these rookies we have up here are on fire! Overpaid committed another defensive error saturday and they yanked him from the game.....(hoping they get rid of him) and keep Malholm. We shall see.

The Following User Says Thank You to Dominique For This Useful Post:
Old 07-13-2011, 01:44 PM   #392
AtLast
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
HER - SHE
Relationship Status:
Relating

Member Photo Albums

I caught most of the all star game, but I have been dealing with super awful sinus headaches (wind and all the crap floating around in it) for a couple of days and the OTC stuff I take usually makes me sleepy. so, I was in and out during the game.

YES, NL!!

I am jazzed about the LGBT game in SF coming up, too-

LGBT Night
presented by AT&T
Monday, 8/29 vs. CHC 7:15pm

Celebrate the Bay Area's rich LGBT culture at the Giants annual LGBT Night! All members of the LGBT community, family, friends, and community organizations are invited to come out and show their pride at this special event. The special event ticket package includes a seat in the LGBT section to watch the Giants take on the Chicago Cubs, as well as an LGBT-themed Giants hat, only available with purchase of the special ticket. Partial proceeds from each special event ticket will be donated to non-profits in the LGBT community. Don't miss out on the fun!

The Gianjts were the first MLB team to make a video for the "it's get Better" project which makes me proud! I know, it's SF!!

TRADES-
Looks like beltran might become a Giant-

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/san_francisco_giants/ This site has a bunch of info on all the team trades.
Old 07-14-2011, 03:12 PM   #393
Kobi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Biological female. Lesbian.
Relationship Status:
Happy

39 Highscores

Thanked 34,661 Times in 7,652 Posts
Kobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST Reputation
Default Clemens Mistrial

This is what the first or second day of the Clemens trial and already the judge has issued a mistrial.

Hearing the beginning of Sept to see if he will be retried.

I'm thinking, maybe, the prosecutors who pushed the envelope causing the mistrial are forfeiting for some reason.

Kobi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Kobi For This Useful Post:
Old 07-15-2011, 12:12 AM   #394
AtLast
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
HER - SHE
Relationship Status:
Relating

Member Photo Albums

Am I wrong to think they should let the Clemmens thing die?

WOOT! The Giants beat the Padres in 12, 6-2! For some reason, we always have a bad time with them- and they are not a very good team.

But SF's hitting remains sporatic and unreliable. Not good. But Huff smacked one out and my favorite rookie, Crawford played great defense as usual. Hope his bat comes along.
Old 07-15-2011, 10:15 AM   #395
foxyshaman

How Do You Identify?:
spiritually minded dirt dog

Thanked 2,593 Times in 663 Posts
foxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputation

I'm late reporting, but it has been a cccrrraaazzzzyyyyy week.... anyhoo...

First off I have to say I am grateful, seriously grateful, to have a PVR. I recorded the game because I was in the middle of... well whatever does not really matter, and then I actually sat down to watch it... so there was what like 1 hour of ball and 3 hours of commercials. I would have fallen asleep too ALH, even without a sinus headache.

All in all stellar pitching to start off. Good game. What I enjoyed the absolute most was watching the camaraderie between the players. There was a lot of chatting in the dugout, on bases, between catchers and pitchers. It is good to see a community of athletes come together, shoot the shit and enjoy themselves.

I am always happy to listen to the stats, but I have to admit my mind was on 100 different tasks and I did not take the time to sit and enjoy myself as much as in other years.

Ahhhh well. Maybe there will be a game on Sunday I can lay down and watch. I will have tired dogs from dancing Saturday and a social bone that will be sprained. But my couch loves me and she will always open her cushions wide and let me in. <that almost sounds dirty>

Muriel Strode
foxyshaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 08:42 PM   #396
AtLast
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
HER - SHE
Relationship Status:
Relating

Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxyshaman View Post
I'm late reporting, but it has been a cccrrraaazzzzyyyyy week.... anyhoo...

First off I have to say I am grateful, seriously grateful, to have a PVR. I recorded the game because I was in the middle of... well whatever does not really matter, and then I actually sat down to watch it... so there was what like 1 hour of ball and 3 hours of commercials. I would have fallen asleep too ALH, even without a sinus headache.

All in all stellar pitching to start off. Good game. What I enjoyed the absolute most was watching the camaraderie between the players. There was a lot of chatting in the dugout, on bases, between catchers and pitchers. It is good to see a community of athletes come together, shoot the shit and enjoy themselves.

I am always happy to listen to the stats, but I have to admit my mind was on 100 different tasks and I did not take the time to sit and enjoy myself as much as in other years.

Ahhhh well. Maybe there will be a game on Sunday I can lay down and watch. I will have tired dogs from dancing Saturday and a social bone that will be sprained. But my couch loves me and she will always open her cushions wide and let me in. <that almost sounds dirty>
Yup- I like that camaraderie stuff too! In all sports- when you can see players digging what they are doing. The AS game was pitching all the way- makes sense when I think about how many great ones there are playing these days.

I have to take some time off baseball to watch the women's soccer this sunday- there is some good stuff with Team USA going on!!

Ah, the couch after dancing!

It is the top of the 2nd with SF 2-0 against SD at the moment. Whoa, Tim Lincecum just got a single- not a very good hitter- even less so than most pitchers. Maybe my guys are getting into a hitting round- last night, 4 of 6 runs for SF were based upon walks and a couple of SD errors. Ross just hit a homer.... kewl!

OK, I have to walk my dog and put in ear plugs and listen to the game with a happy pooch! But it has been windy and foggy again- just plain cold.. argh! My arthritic joints get really cranky when it is like this.
The Following User Says Thank You to AtLast For This Useful Post:
Old 07-19-2011, 10:58 AM   #397
AtLast
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
HER - SHE
Relationship Status:
Relating

Member Photo Albums

WOOT! SFbeat LA, 5-0!! After taking 3 of 4 against SD! I wanted to go to one of the games in this big rivalry (Giants-Dodgers), but can't. But dammit, I am going to a game in August!!

Hey- it looks like the BoSox are going strong and so are the Pirates! Sometimes I get a game or two of theirs.

I need some orange shoe laces....
The Following User Says Thank You to AtLast For This Useful Post:
Old 07-19-2011, 04:55 PM   #398
Dominique

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her
Relationship Status:
Dates

I took tomorrow off so I could go to the afternoon game. I don't know what it is about afternoon baseball that I love so much, and it's going to be 95 and dangerous humidity. Betcha my butt will be inside the club with the rest of the fans for the comfort of the a/c......but thats not baseball. I can sit at home and do that. Pirates are in first place for the first time since 1991
Clint Hurdle should get manager of the year, no matter where the Bucco's end up.We have tickets for the remainder of the home series. This division is tight. The St. Louis Cardnials roll in to town Friday. They are a finess team. They make few mistakes.I'm looking for the games to be close and the heat to make the players *edgy*.

Life has been so good this summer. I haven't enjoyed baseball this much, since, well, I don't when.

That darn Lyle Overbay (overpaid you may know him as in my rants) We are nearing the trade deadlines, and I SO want the owners to trade his sorry ass and his outrageous salary, and wouldn't you know it, all of a sudden he can hitWTH!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dominique For This Useful Post:
Old 07-20-2011, 10:25 AM   #399
AtLast
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
HER - SHE
Relationship Status:
Relating

Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow band View Post
I took tomorrow off so I could go to the afternoon game. I don't know what it is about afternoon baseball that I love so much, and it's going to be 95 and dangerous humidity. Betcha my butt will be inside the club with the rest of the fans for the comfort of the a/c......but thats not baseball. I can sit at home and do that. Pirates are in first place for the first time since 1991
Clint Hurdle should get manager of the year, no matter where the Bucco's end up.We have tickets for the remainder of the home series. This division is tight. The St. Louis Cardnials roll in to town Friday. They are a finess team. They make few mistakes.I'm looking for the games to be close and the heat to make the players *edgy*.

Life has been so good this summer. I haven't enjoyed baseball this much, since, well, I don't when.

That darn Lyle Overbay (overpaid you may know him as in my rants) We are nearing the trade deadlines, and I SO want the owners to trade his sorry ass and his outrageous salary, and wouldn't you know it, all of a sudden he can hitWTH!
YES, the Pirates are in First!!! Lookin' good!

It is so much more exciting when divisions are tight, I think. I love close games that end up being won on a whole lot of mental determination really.

I am having a great time with the Giants taking the Dodgers in a series this week. Hope they win again today. My favorite SF pitcher is starting- Lincecum. Jeff Keppinger will be playing today for SF after his trade. We need his bat!! Our offense is just not consistent, although better lately. Had a 5-0 shutout against LA for the first game of the series. And Belt returned to the club yesterday and got a homer - first up, first pitch!!

Have fun at the games! ugh.. yes, the heat!
Old 07-20-2011, 12:26 PM   #400
foxyshaman

How Do You Identify?:
spiritually minded dirt dog

Thanked 2,593 Times in 663 Posts
foxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputation

Wait I want orange shoe laces... wait that would clash with my red leather sneakers. Scrap that idea. Heck this week I would just love to have time to watch a game. I watched the FIFA final on Sunday with some girlfriends. I inwardly whined cause I coulda watched the latter half of a game, any game, on Sunday after that...but I had company. I mentioned, in my most cheerful voice, we could watch baseball. And so after that was shot down we sat about and chatted. I was still inwardly whining like a puppy that wants to play ball.

Enjoy Lincecum. I like watching him.

Just sharin'....

Muriel Strode
foxyshaman is offline   Reply With Quote