Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > POLITICS, CULTURE, NEWS, MEDIA > In The News

Old 07-05-2011, 10:01 AM   #41
NJFemmie

How Do You Identify?:
The original lime-twisted femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
I answer to most things, especially lesbian.
Relationship Status:
Still loving my Mare ;)

3 Highscores

Thanked 11,425 Times in 2,978 Posts
NJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by guihong View Post
I personally think she's going to get manslaughter, with a long, long sentence a la Diane Downs, with appeals and dragged out legal things up the wahoo.
Honestly? Sitting in jail like Diane Downs is better than letting her out. At least we know Diane Downs won't be making any more babies to kill. (Her words back in 1984 were: " it is so easy to make children").

NJFemmie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to NJFemmie For This Useful Post:
Old 07-05-2011, 10:02 AM   #42
cinderella

How Do You Identify?:
Pinky's mommy :)
Preferred Pronoun?:
Su Majestad
Relationship Status:
Happy with my puppy

Thanked 1,502 Times in 637 Posts
cinderella Has the BEST Reputationcinderella Has the BEST Reputationcinderella Has the BEST Reputationcinderella Has the BEST Reputationcinderella Has the BEST Reputationcinderella Has the BEST Reputationcinderella Has the BEST Reputationcinderella Has the BEST Reputationcinderella Has the BEST Reputationcinderella Has the BEST Reputationcinderella Has the BEST Reputation

No shit!! I'd be insane if my child was missing for a nano-second - so how can Casey callously party for 31 days while her child is 'missing'? That's because Casey knew Caylee was NOT missing, but dead!! Good God! It boggles the mind how unbelievably macabre that is!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peach View Post
My son wandered off one day, I didnt notice him gone for about 10 minutes, and life stopped the second I realized he wasnt in the yard anymore. We found him, a lady had him by the hand and was knocking on doors asking if this was their kid! I almost threw up from fear. That was ovver 30 years ago, and it still makes me ill to think what may have been. No way would I have been out at a party, getting a tattoo, and lying about it. I would have had the National guard out looking for him!

The is an organ of fire.
cinderella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 10:03 AM   #43
Medusa
Mentally Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Queer High Femme, thank you very much
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mme.
Relationship Status:
Married to JD.

Thanked 42,871 Times in 7,835 Posts
Medusa has disabled reputation

I'd go for a good long prison sentence. Something in the 75 year - Life range.
Medusa is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Medusa For This Useful Post:
Old 07-05-2011, 10:07 AM   #44
NJFemmie

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
Still loving my Mare ;)

3 Highscores

NJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJo View Post
It's a good question.

On a personal level, because of my history, I keep as much distance as possible from people who exhibit those behaviors (including family members).

On a societal level, I think we hold them responsible for their actions. Narcissism isn't an excuse for criminal or irresponsible or negligent or *fill in the blank* behavior.

It also isn't a crime in and of itself. Casey may be highly unlikable, but being unlikable isn't criminal. We can't judge her based on disliking her, but we can judge her actions.

True. But my point is that her behavior is what makes her so unlikeable by the public. It's one thing to just fess up and own what you did, but it's another to make up stories, blame other people and create nanny's that aren't there (and knows it). It's easy to say "oh, people just don't like her, so that's why they'll find her guilty", but um .... .. there IS a reason WHY people aren't liking her.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to NJFemmie For This Useful Post:
Old 07-05-2011, 10:22 AM   #45
Gráinne

How Do You Identify?:
Neither, nada, out of the box
Preferred Pronoun?:
My name always works
Relationship Status:
Happy whatever happens

Thanked 7,246 Times in 1,416 Posts
Gráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJFemmie View Post
Honestly? Sitting in jail like Diane Downs is better than letting her out. At least we know Diane Downs won't be making any more babies to kill. (Her words back in 1984 were: " it is so easy to make children").
That's what I meant. I hope she's locked up, nice and long. If she's acquitted or goes free on some technicality, I think I'll be sick to my stomach.
Old 07-05-2011, 10:34 AM   #46
The_Lady_Snow
MILLION $$$ PUSSY

How Do You Identify?:
Kinky, Raw, Perverted, Uber Queer Alpha Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Iconic Ms.
Relationship Status:
Keeper of 3, only one has the map to my freckles

Thanked 80,119 Times in 15,678 Posts
The_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST Reputation
Lightbulb

I have not followed the trial, I can't I recently just regained custody of my kid so reading here and learning the details makes my head swimmy and I want to literally puke. I would be devastated and would be a mad woman driving the police force nuts cause I would be there everyday asking them if they had found my child. Life would go on but I know I would have a gaping hole I'll be honest thinking about it makes me want to cry in desperation cause I can't imagine living it up and not knowing where one of my kids is/are, hell they are adults and I like for them to keep me informed of their plans. Living this far from them is hard so I just can't imagine how this woman could not have lost her mind when her baby was missing.

It's mind dusturbing... I also feel that her looks play into how she's viewed, she's a cute petite white "girl next door" so she plays to that, if this woman was different say looks, race, size, class we'd gave a whole different story but that's another thread.
"If you’re going to play these dirty games of ours, then you might as well indulge completely. It’s all about turning back into an animal and that’s the beauty of it. Place your guilt on the sidewalk and take a blow torch to it (guilt is usually worthless anyway). Be perverted, be filthy, do things that mannered people shouldn’t do. If you’re going to be gross then go for it and don’t wimp out."---Master Aiden

The_Lady_Snow is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to The_Lady_Snow For This Useful Post:
Old 07-05-2011, 10:36 AM   #47
scootebaby
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
yes dear
Preferred Pronoun?:
she

Thanked 6,737 Times in 1,777 Posts
scootebaby Has the BEST Reputationscootebaby Has the BEST Reputationscootebaby Has the BEST Reputationscootebaby Has the BEST Reputationscootebaby Has the BEST Reputationscootebaby Has the BEST Reputationscootebaby Has the BEST Reputationscootebaby Has the BEST Reputationscootebaby Has the BEST Reputationscootebaby Has the BEST Reputationscootebaby Has the BEST Reputation
Default in no particular order

The only thing i recall about the body getting to the woods is the fact that Casey borrowed the neighbor's shovel...did i miss testimony regarding the fact she took her to the wooded area? and the burying of the body--was it buried or did it end up covered and buried in mud bc of the fact the area was flooded for a period of time due to the heavy rains? Yes i know the implication is there,but was there anything to the actual act?

As a mother *I* cant imagine hurting a child in any way...but i consider myself somewhat empathetic,sympathetic,and normal whereas Casey is lacking in these and many other emotions/feelings that "normal" people have. Again i dont condone her actions,but we all seem to be looking at it as what *we* would do or not do, when in the broader spectrum this world is full of people that do/handle things differently,for a variety of reasons beyond our understanding--am i making sense?

I dont know about others,but i know for myself--and based on things i went thru as a child i have the ability to hide things well, to hide my emotions, to *forget* things that cause me pain,hurt,sorrow,disgust etc--not to an extreme extent,but i can to some extent all the same. My point is this--people are talking about Caseys actions during the 31 days--although the death of a child is extreme is it not possible that Casey was able to block that fact out...i mean she did spend at least 75% of the time drinking,partying--and we all know alcohol dulls the senses and allows us (or some of us) the ability to *forget*
scootebaby is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to scootebaby For This Useful Post:
Old 07-05-2011, 10:48 AM   #48
NJFemmie

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
Still loving my Mare ;)

3 Highscores

The shovel she borrowed from a neighbor was used to break into George Anthony's shed - where the gas cans and duct tape were being housed. Dirt on the shovel did not match the dirt where Caylee was found.

No one is sure how Caylee got to where she was found.

The Following User Says Thank You to NJFemmie For This Useful Post:
Old 07-05-2011, 10:53 AM   #49
NJFemmie

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
Still loving my Mare ;)

3 Highscores

Quote:
Originally Posted by scootebaby View Post
I dont know about others,but i know for myself--and based on things i went thru as a child i have the ability to hide things well, to hide my emotions, to *forget* things that cause me pain,hurt,sorrow,disgust etc--not to an extreme extent,but i can to some extent all the same. My point is this--people are talking about Caseys actions during the 31 days--although the death of a child is extreme is it not possible that Casey was able to block that fact out...i mean she did spend at least 75% of the time drinking,partying--and we all know alcohol dulls the senses and allows us (or some of us) the ability to *forget*
I suppose the question of the day is -- would any normal human being be able to block out the fact that their child has been missing and/or dead to THAT degree? No one in their right mind would party when their child is missing. Not even for a second. Most people would become alcoholic recluses, not party animals. At least that's my take on it.

My point here is that those actions alone imply that she is happy enough to party about it. How crazy is that?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NJFemmie For This Useful Post:
Old 07-05-2011, 10:56 AM   #50
Scorp
Italian Stallion

How Do You Identify?:
DNA Usually...

Thanked 4,721 Times in 1,270 Posts
Scorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST Reputation

Bullshit, with all those facts so far, she's crazy like a fox. I don't buy any of it. She wants people to feel bad for her with the hopes of pleading insanity. Good thing I'm not on that jury, I'd already have her convicted.

I put her in the same boat as Pamela Smart, OJ Simpson, Scott Peterson, Joran Van Der Sloot, Andrea Yates, and many others that I can't think of right now.
Scorp is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Scorp For This Useful Post:
Old 07-05-2011, 11:02 AM   #51
Scorp
Italian Stallion

How Do You Identify?:
DNA Usually...

Scorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST Reputation

I forgot to add that I'm tired of people making excuses for her!!! ENOUGH IS ENOUGH..GUILTY AS SIN!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorp View Post
Bullshit, with all those facts so far, she's crazy like a fox. I don't buy any of it. She wants people to feel bad for her with the hopes of pleading insanity. Good thing I'm not on that jury, I'd already have her convicted.

I put her in the same boat as Pamela Smart, OJ Simpson, Scott Peterson, Joran Van Der Sloot, Andrea Yates, and many others that I can't think of right now.
The Following User Says Thank You to Scorp For This Useful Post:
Old 07-05-2011, 11:15 AM   #52
scootebaby
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
yes dear
Preferred Pronoun?:
she

scootebaby Has the BEST Reputationscootebaby Has the BEST Reputationscootebaby Has the BEST Reputationscootebaby Has the BEST Reputationscootebaby Has the BEST Reputationscootebaby Has the BEST Reputationscootebaby Has the BEST Reputationscootebaby Has the BEST Reputationscootebaby Has the BEST Reputationscootebaby Has the BEST Reputationscootebaby Has the BEST Reputation

Cinderella--i see your point,and i agree with you....again i am just looking at it from an aesthetic point of view.

and let me make this point very clear since its obviously not been made clear or overlooked in my prior posts. i do NOT condone her actions NOR am i making excuses for her...im taking the less traveled road AND im looking at it from the standpoint that the jurors are SUPPOSED to be looking at it. Are there circumstances that explain her actions? was it premeditated? was someone else involved? etc etc ETC!!!!!!

AGAIN..i DO think she is GUILTY OF THE DEATH OF HER DAUGHTER. i DO NOT condone her actions,from the very beginning. I am NOT making excuses for her in ANY WAY!!!

as a sidenote...insanity was never an option as far as i know!
The Following User Says Thank You to scootebaby For This Useful Post:
Old 07-05-2011, 11:26 AM   #53
Semantics

How Do You Identify?:
malapropist
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 4,024 Times in 1,209 Posts
Semantics Has the BEST ReputationSemantics Has the BEST ReputationSemantics Has the BEST ReputationSemantics Has the BEST ReputationSemantics Has the BEST ReputationSemantics Has the BEST ReputationSemantics Has the BEST ReputationSemantics Has the BEST ReputationSemantics Has the BEST ReputationSemantics Has the BEST ReputationSemantics Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorp View Post

I just wanted to address the difference between Andrea Yates and the others you listed. Andrea Yates was suffering from postpartum psychosis well before she harmed her children. She had previously tried to kill herself because she knew that she might harm them. Despite repeated attempts by Andrea to convince her husband and her psychiatrist and her pastor that she was a danger to her children because she was suffering from a (diagnosed) psychotic condition, she was pressured by them all to go back to her life.

There's a huge difference between postpartum depression and postpartum psychosis. I don't think that her victimization comes anywhere near that of what happened to her poor children, but I also think that she was insane at the time, the people in her life knew she was insane and didn't help, and that she falls into a different category than the others.

I think Casey Anthony has tried to set up the stage for sympathy based on alleged past abuse and mental illness, but it was a failure.
Semantics is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Semantics For This Useful Post:
Old 07-05-2011, 11:28 AM   #54
purepisces

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:
Just a girl in love with the world

Thanked 1,607 Times in 491 Posts
purepisces Has the BEST Reputationpurepisces Has the BEST Reputationpurepisces Has the BEST Reputationpurepisces Has the BEST Reputationpurepisces Has the BEST Reputationpurepisces Has the BEST Reputationpurepisces Has the BEST Reputationpurepisces Has the BEST Reputationpurepisces Has the BEST Reputationpurepisces Has the BEST Reputationpurepisces Has the BEST Reputation

The verdict is in!
Old 07-05-2011, 11:28 AM   #55
Dante

How Do You Identify?:
Stone Butch Top
Preferred Pronoun?:
Hym
Relationship Status:
Single

Dante Has the BEST ReputationDante Has the BEST ReputationDante Has the BEST ReputationDante Has the BEST ReputationDante Has the BEST ReputationDante Has the BEST ReputationDante Has the BEST ReputationDante Has the BEST ReputationDante Has the BEST ReputationDante Has the BEST ReputationDante Has the BEST Reputation

They have a verdict !!!!
The Following User Says Thank You to Dante For This Useful Post:
Old 07-05-2011, 11:29 AM   #56
purepisces

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:

purepisces Has the BEST Reputationpurepisces Has the BEST Reputationpurepisces Has the BEST Reputationpurepisces Has the BEST Reputationpurepisces Has the BEST Reputationpurepisces Has the BEST Reputationpurepisces Has the BEST Reputationpurepisces Has the BEST Reputationpurepisces Has the BEST Reputationpurepisces Has the BEST Reputationpurepisces Has the BEST Reputation

We will have at least a 30 minute wait before they go live.
Old 07-05-2011, 11:31 AM   #57
Medusa
Mentally Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Queer High Femme, thank you very much
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mme.
Relationship Status:
Married to JD.

Thanked 42,871 Times in 7,835 Posts
Medusa has disabled reputation

Holy crap - Ok, now I have to watch! I'm not usually one for televised court events but that was a quick verdict and Im curious as to how they found on each count
Medusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 11:36 AM   #58
scootebaby
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
yes dear
Preferred Pronoun?:
she

WOW!!!! less than 11 hrs.

thanks for the heads up you all...i had flipped the channel a few minutes ago!
Old 07-05-2011, 11:40 AM   #59
Scorp
Italian Stallion

How Do You Identify?:
DNA Usually...

Side Bar: Semantics, you are correct regarding Andrea Yates, I will strike that and take her out of the mix with the others. Consider it removed. Thank you for clarifying the differences.

And, as far as a verdict, good, this should be interesting..
Old 07-05-2011, 11:41 AM   #60
purepisces

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:

In situations like this I've heard that a short deliberation often means a guilty verdict. However, to me, it seems like they would have given more consideration if they were going to recommend the death penalty.

I had wondered if there would be a hung jury, because in jury selection, juror 4 said that she did not feel that she could judge someone. But, she must have found a way, because it would take quite some time to admit that they couldn't come to a decision.

I feel strange right now. I've followed this case on HLN since right after Caylee was reported missing three years ago. I've dvr'd the trial and watched it every night (I know, I need to get a life). It is hard for me to separate all the things I've heard from the media over that time and the evidence that was actually presented in court.