Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > HEALTH: BODY, MIND, SPIRIT > Support: Abuse, Addiction, Coping

Old 05-02-2010, 01:50 PM   #1
Lady_Wu

How Do You Identify?:
OFOS Queer Stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
M'Lady
Relationship Status:
given up looking *sigh*

Lady_Wu Has the BEST ReputationLady_Wu Has the BEST ReputationLady_Wu Has the BEST ReputationLady_Wu Has the BEST ReputationLady_Wu Has the BEST ReputationLady_Wu Has the BEST ReputationLady_Wu Has the BEST ReputationLady_Wu Has the BEST ReputationLady_Wu Has the BEST ReputationLady_Wu Has the BEST ReputationLady_Wu Has the BEST Reputation
Default Need some support-losing an eye....

I went to see my eye doctor Thursday. He told me that I have 1 tenth of my optic nerve left in my right eye, plus cataracts in both eyes. He also said that soon I would lose all vision in my right eye, b/c the optic nerve is so damaged that the little left won't support my vision. I have MS. That, plus the medication I have to be on FOR MS, is destroying that optic nerve. And he can't say that my other eye won't be affected when I have to rely on just it.
reading and studying are the biggest part of my life. I now have to restrict my read/computer time to one hour every six hours.
I am dealing with this but it is not easy. Thank you for listening to me.
Lady_Wu
Old 05-02-2010, 02:09 PM   #2
Darth Denkay

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
I'm good with whatever
Relationship Status:
in love and loved

Darth Denkay Has the BEST ReputationDarth Denkay Has the BEST ReputationDarth Denkay Has the BEST ReputationDarth Denkay Has the BEST ReputationDarth Denkay Has the BEST ReputationDarth Denkay Has the BEST ReputationDarth Denkay Has the BEST ReputationDarth Denkay Has the BEST ReputationDarth Denkay Has the BEST ReputationDarth Denkay Has the BEST ReputationDarth Denkay Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

(((Lady-Wu)))

I can't imagine what you are facing right now. Just know you are in my thoughts, keep dealing the best you can, know you are loved.
Old 05-02-2010, 02:22 PM   #3
WolfyOne
Magically Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Gentle Butch
Relationship Status:
Single and content

Thanked 15,407 Times in 4,139 Posts
WolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST Reputation

Lady Wu, I'll keep you in my thoughts and prayers for all you're going through not just your eye.

Not many know this about me, but I have a blind spot in my left eye from birth or so I've been told. There are things I've never been able to adapt to and other things I can breeze by. I have no depth perception, so I can't use some power tools, like saws. I can't play tennis and gosh knows I've tried since I was a kid.

Anyhow, perhaps it'll be an adjustment for you, but don't let the eye doctor scare you. Keep doing what you do even if you need strong lenses in glasses. I mean, don't give up the fight just because of one doc's evaluation. Maybe with some research, you may find another doc that can help you better. There's always new procedures coming out to make our lives a little easier.

Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength; loving someone deeply gives you courage --- Lao Tzo
WolfyOne is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to WolfyOne For This Useful Post:
Old 05-02-2010, 02:58 PM   #4
FullCircle

How Do You Identify?:
Just a girl
Relationship Status:
Married

FullCircle Has the BEST ReputationFullCircle Has the BEST ReputationFullCircle Has the BEST ReputationFullCircle Has the BEST ReputationFullCircle Has the BEST ReputationFullCircle Has the BEST ReputationFullCircle Has the BEST ReputationFullCircle Has the BEST ReputationFullCircle Has the BEST ReputationFullCircle Has the BEST ReputationFullCircle Has the BEST Reputation

You may want to consider consuming mass doses of omega III fatty acids perhaps in the form of a high quality krill oil. I was able to reduce the need for reading glasses and I'll be fifty this year. Other side effects of taking krill are a more flexible thought process, hormone regulation (less hot flashes), shrinking tumors, increased ability to withstand extreme cold and gorgeous skin.

-e
Old 05-02-2010, 03:00 PM   #5
Andrew, Jr.
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Me
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Unavailable

Thanked 5,249 Times in 2,216 Posts
Andrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST Reputation
Smile

Lady Wu,

You are in my thoughts and prayers. Please check your pm messages.

Peace and love,
Andrew, Dino, and Gang
Andrew, Jr. is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Andrew, Jr. For This Useful Post:
Old 05-02-2010, 03:00 PM   #6
Queerasfck

How Do You Identify?:
still ballin'
Relationship Status:
Triple X

Thanked 6,497 Times in 1,639 Posts
Queerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST Reputation

Will keep in you in our thoughts. Sending out good wishes to you young lady. Best of luck.
Queerasfck is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Queerasfck For This Useful Post:
Old 05-02-2010, 03:10 PM   #7
Cyclopea

How Do You Identify?:
Butch Lesbian

Thanked 1,617 Times in 633 Posts
Cyclopea Has the BEST ReputationCyclopea Has the BEST ReputationCyclopea Has the BEST ReputationCyclopea Has the BEST ReputationCyclopea Has the BEST ReputationCyclopea Has the BEST ReputationCyclopea Has the BEST ReputationCyclopea Has the BEST ReputationCyclopea Has the BEST ReputationCyclopea Has the BEST ReputationCyclopea Has the BEST Reputation

So sorry for your troubles ((((((Lady Wu))))))...
Will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

Hang in there hon.
Cyclopea is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Cyclopea For This Useful Post:
Old 05-02-2010, 03:19 PM   #8
Lady Pamela

How Do You Identify?:
A Lady..Femme..Free Spirit with a touch of survivalist woman in me.
Preferred Pronoun?:
Spiritual Warrior..She Ra..Baby Doll, or anything close..ha!
Relationship Status:
In perfect love and perfect trust I believe that will be directed..for now Just friends in my life.

1 Highscore

Location: Live in Utah but take trips to Arkansas. Plan to move there eventually.
Thanked 5,939 Times in 1,609 Posts
Lady Pamela Has the BEST ReputationLady Pamela Has the BEST ReputationLady Pamela Has the BEST ReputationLady Pamela Has the BEST ReputationLady Pamela Has the BEST ReputationLady Pamela Has the BEST ReputationLady Pamela Has the BEST ReputationLady Pamela Has the BEST ReputationLady Pamela Has the BEST ReputationLady Pamela Has the BEST ReputationLady Pamela Has the BEST Reputation

Many hugs to you (((Lady-Wu))) !!!

Know that there are people out here concerned and in your corner.

When negative thoughts come to mind,
Let them die stillborn.
Speak and do posotive in any situation,
And watch your dreams grow and flurish.
If you can't say anything posotive, Zip it up.
Do not give birth to that which you do not want to see grow.
See it, Believe it, Own it, Have it!
~*~ Lady Pamela ~*~
Lady Pamela is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Lady Pamela For This Useful Post:
Old 05-02-2010, 03:30 PM   #9
Jedi

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
they are my world

Thanked 1,763 Times in 549 Posts
Jedi Has the BEST ReputationJedi Has the BEST ReputationJedi Has the BEST ReputationJedi Has the BEST ReputationJedi Has the BEST ReputationJedi Has the BEST ReputationJedi Has the BEST ReputationJedi Has the BEST ReputationJedi Has the BEST ReputationJedi Has the BEST ReputationJedi Has the BEST Reputation

Lady_Wu,

I'm sorry for what's happening. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers. My father had soem eye surgery this year. In August...his eye still isn't right and might not ever be. I have been experiencing some symptoms that my retina may be detaching. My eye is fine though. I have just had 2 scary blind episodes (I'll explain if you want). My roommate has MS and is in a wheelchair and I think this year I'm doing the MS walk. She is a great inspiration. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.....

Jedi
Jedi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Jedi For This Useful Post:
Old 05-02-2010, 04:34 PM   #10
Soft*Silver
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 15,619 Times in 3,976 Posts
Soft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST Reputation

Lady Wu...it is indeed frightening when your eyes are damaged. I have had 11 surgeries between both eyes for retinal detachment, and two corneal surgeries to correct corneal warping. It appears I need another one of the latter sometime soon.

One of the things I would suggest is to contact your bureau of vocational rehab. Their job is to keep you employable. If you need any adaptive tools, they can help you get them. They can also help pick up the cost of your education and purchase your textbooks in large print or audio. They have helped me and it was a saving grace. They even paid for my one set of surgeries because I was in between insurances and had I not had it done at the time, I would surely have gone blind.
The Following User Says Thank You to Soft*Silver For This Useful Post:
Old 05-02-2010, 05:10 PM   #11
Nat

How Do You Identify?:
bigender
Preferred Pronoun?:
whatevs
Relationship Status:
in a relationship

Thanked 13,992 Times in 2,595 Posts
Nat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady_Wu View Post

reading and studying are the biggest part of my life. I now have to restrict my read/computer time to one hour every six hours.
Lady_Wu

Lady_Wu - I'm so very sorry this is happening to you.

If you are going to have to restrict your read/computer time so severely - I know it obviously isn't the same - but there is so much more to listen to now than there were even 5 years ago.

I don't know what your tastes are, but

http://www.librivox.org is an all-volunteer resource for audio files of classic literature - it's growing all the time.

Berkeley also podcasts several of their courses, and that can be really satisfying to hear. I got to listen to two different profs teach the same survey literature course a few years ago and it was really interesting to hear their separate takes.

http://webcast.berkeley.edu/courses.php

There are also many interesting podcasts you can download if you just search subjects you are interested in through itunes.

I know also in Austin there is a group that will actually read textbooks and other items requested by their clients. If you check with your local college/university's disability office, they may know if there is a local group who can make recordings for you of the books you would like to read.

I know there is software that will also read to you, but I can't pay attention to the electronic, non-human voice.

Again, I'm sorry you're in this situation. :/

- Bjork

What is to give light must endure burning.

-Viktor Frankl
Nat is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nat For This Useful Post:
Old 05-02-2010, 05:41 PM   #12
Unndunn

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
doesn't matter to me
Relationship Status:
single

Unndunn Has the BEST ReputationUnndunn Has the BEST ReputationUnndunn Has the BEST ReputationUnndunn Has the BEST ReputationUnndunn Has the BEST ReputationUnndunn Has the BEST ReputationUnndunn Has the BEST ReputationUnndunn Has the BEST ReputationUnndunn Has the BEST ReputationUnndunn Has the BEST ReputationUnndunn Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
I went to see my eye doctor Thursday. He told me that I have 1 tenth of my optic nerve left in my right eye, plus cataracts in both eyes. He also said that soon I would lose all vision in my right eye, b/c the optic nerve is so damaged that the little left won't support my vision. I have MS. That, plus the medication I have to be on FOR MS, is destroying that optic nerve. And he can't say that my other eye won't be affected when I have to rely on just it.
Lady_Wu
what a terrrible thing to be dealing with. I know it isn't the same, but I think there are a lot of books on tape and other programs that you might be able to find that will "read" for you. Please take care of yourself. I wish you the best.
Unndunn is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Unndunn For This Useful Post:
Old 05-02-2010, 06:03 PM   #13
weatherboi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Owned boy
Preferred Pronoun?:
Hey boy!!!
Relationship Status:
counting freckles slowly under Her direction!!!

Thanked 12,559 Times in 2,993 Posts
weatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputation

hey Lady_Wu-

i will be thinking about you and this difficult journey!!! my words fall short to my feelings for your situation!! you will be in my thoughts on the daily!!
weatherboi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to weatherboi For This Useful Post:
Old 05-02-2010, 06:15 PM   #14
Abigail Crabby

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Princess
Relationship Status:
Single, but sociable

Thanked 9,667 Times in 2,484 Posts
Abigail Crabby Has the BEST ReputationAbigail Crabby Has the BEST ReputationAbigail Crabby Has the BEST ReputationAbigail Crabby Has the BEST ReputationAbigail Crabby Has the BEST ReputationAbigail Crabby Has the BEST ReputationAbigail Crabby Has the BEST ReputationAbigail Crabby Has the BEST ReputationAbigail Crabby Has the BEST ReputationAbigail Crabby Has the BEST ReputationAbigail Crabby Has the BEST Reputation

(((( Lady Wu )))) I'm so sorry to hear about what you are facing.

Turns whatever happens to you into a positive...
Abigail Crabby is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Abigail Crabby For This Useful Post:
Old 05-02-2010, 06:32 PM   #15
Blaze

How Do You Identify?:
With my drivers Lic.
Preferred Pronoun?:
Gentleman.. Depends on the Situation.
Relationship Status:
Last Rodeo, what a ride, many sunrises & sunsets to be had...

Thanked 5,470 Times in 1,450 Posts
Blaze Has the BEST ReputationBlaze Has the BEST ReputationBlaze Has the BEST ReputationBlaze Has the BEST ReputationBlaze Has the BEST ReputationBlaze Has the BEST ReputationBlaze Has the BEST ReputationBlaze Has the BEST ReputationBlaze Has the BEST ReputationBlaze Has the BEST ReputationBlaze Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

I am very saddened to hear of this Lady Wu...
My deepest heart felt prayers will be for you.
It is not news that anyone wants to hear, but in life
it happens.
Have you also made it a point to get another opinion???
Just asking because I was diagnosed with one thing and went to another Doctor and he said it was treatable with eye drops
and or laser surgery.
Blaze is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Blaze For This Useful Post:
Old 05-02-2010, 07:14 PM   #16
key

How Do You Identify?:
androgynous, gender-queer, butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
depends on person addressing me
Relationship Status:
merrily single hopefully married one day

key Has the BEST Reputationkey Has the BEST Reputationkey Has the BEST Reputationkey Has the BEST Reputationkey Has the BEST Reputationkey Has the BEST Reputationkey Has the BEST Reputationkey Has the BEST Reputationkey Has the BEST Reputationkey Has the BEST Reputationkey Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Lady Wu

You are in my thoughts and prayers.

Key
key is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to key For This Useful Post:
Old 05-02-2010, 07:57 PM   #17
Zimmeh
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Me
Relationship Status:
I am a human and not a possession

Thanked 13,441 Times in 4,316 Posts
Zimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST Reputation

Ms. Lady,

I am sending you warm wishes to you and hopes the dr's can help you without you having to lose your eyesight.

Hugs,

Zimmy

Quote:
Lady_Wu
The Following User Says Thank You to Zimmeh For This Useful Post:
Old 05-04-2010, 06:25 PM   #18
Lady_Wu

How Do You Identify?:
OFOS Queer Stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
M'Lady
Relationship Status:
given up looking *sigh*

Lady_Wu Has the BEST ReputationLady_Wu Has the BEST ReputationLady_Wu Has the BEST ReputationLady_Wu Has the BEST ReputationLady_Wu Has the BEST ReputationLady_Wu Has the BEST ReputationLady_Wu Has the BEST ReputationLady_Wu Has the BEST ReputationLady_Wu Has the BEST ReputationLady_Wu Has the BEST ReputationLady_Wu Has the BEST Reputation
Default Ganzi,ganzi! (Many,many thanks!)

I have read all of your posts. Thank you so much for your support and encouragement! Thanks esp. to the one who sent links to audio help available! I'm afraid the voc rehab laughed when I talked to them-too many things wrong to work. I try to do some small good by clicking on site that done books to other, food, etc just by clicking on "buttons" everyday. I am saddened to think that one of my capabilities-and they are still many!-should be essentially housebound and without means to volunteer at the local library. Anyone know of volunteer work that can be done at home?
Lady_Wu
Old 05-04-2010, 06:37 PM   #19
WingsOnFire

How Do You Identify?:
Queer..femme.. .babygirl...girl
Preferred Pronoun?:
Female Ones...
Relationship Status:
Enjoying life but ready to meet someone

Thanked 12,476 Times in 3,357 Posts
WingsOnFire Has the BEST ReputationWingsOnFire Has the BEST ReputationWingsOnFire Has the BEST ReputationWingsOnFire Has the BEST ReputationWingsOnFire Has the BEST ReputationWingsOnFire Has the BEST ReputationWingsOnFire Has the BEST ReputationWingsOnFire Has the BEST ReputationWingsOnFire Has the BEST ReputationWingsOnFire Has the BEST ReputationWingsOnFire Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers... I hope you find the help that you need and continue to take the strength and love given here...
WingsOnFire is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to WingsOnFire For This Useful Post:
Old 05-21-2010, 07:47 AM   #20
NJFemmie

How Do You Identify?:
The original lime-twisted femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
I answer to most things, especially lesbian.
Relationship Status:
Still loving my Mare ;)

3 Highscores

Thanked 11,425 Times in 2,978 Posts
NJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST Reputation

Wow, I just saw this thread.

Years ago, I suffered from a disease called papiledema. One of the effects of this was that it damaged the optic nerves and ultimately causes blindness. I was fortunate in that I caught it in time and have been asymptomatic for many years now. But this just makes me sad.

You're in my thoughts and prayers.

NJFemmie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to NJFemmie For This Useful Post: