Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > HEALTH: BODY, MIND, SPIRIT > Support: Abuse, Addiction, Coping

Old 09-04-2010, 12:52 AM   #41
friskyfemme

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
precious
Relationship Status:
down to earth

friskyfemme Has the BEST Reputationfriskyfemme Has the BEST Reputationfriskyfemme Has the BEST Reputationfriskyfemme Has the BEST Reputationfriskyfemme Has the BEST Reputationfriskyfemme Has the BEST Reputationfriskyfemme Has the BEST Reputationfriskyfemme Has the BEST Reputationfriskyfemme Has the BEST Reputationfriskyfemme Has the BEST Reputationfriskyfemme Has the BEST Reputation

Dapper

Wrapping you in a green blanket of healing energy! May your recovery be speedy.

Best Wishes to you.
The Following User Says Thank You to friskyfemme For This Useful Post:
Old 09-04-2010, 12:54 AM   #42
Corkey
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Human
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Very Married

Thanked 29,299 Times in 6,640 Posts
Corkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST Reputation

Sending my Bro some hugs from the Mrs and I, woooo is on the way!
"Many proposals have been made to us to adopt your laws, your religion, your manners and your customs. We would be better pleased with beholding the good effects of these doctrines in your own practices, than with hearing you talk about them".
~Old Tassel, Chief of the Tsalagi (Cherokee)
Corkey is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Corkey For This Useful Post:
Old 09-04-2010, 03:36 AM   #43
JustBeingMe

How Do You Identify?:
as ME
Relationship Status:
I don't need no stinking status.

Thanked 1,691 Times in 694 Posts
JustBeingMe Has the BEST ReputationJustBeingMe Has the BEST ReputationJustBeingMe Has the BEST ReputationJustBeingMe Has the BEST ReputationJustBeingMe Has the BEST ReputationJustBeingMe Has the BEST ReputationJustBeingMe Has the BEST ReputationJustBeingMe Has the BEST ReputationJustBeingMe Has the BEST ReputationJustBeingMe Has the BEST ReputationJustBeingMe Has the BEST Reputation

I wish you well DapperButch. I wish for you to fully recover and to be cancer free for life.
Old 09-04-2010, 03:41 AM   #44
AtLast
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
HER - SHE
Relationship Status:
Relating

Thanked 10,830 Times in 3,200 Posts
AtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Dapper, my very best to you.

You are one of the people here I have great respect for and get so much out of your musings.

I am glad you have support around you and I think it is a good thing to post this as we care about you as a right-on member here! A good friend of mine recently had colon cancer surgery and treatment and she is doing great which will be the same for you. But, hell, this is a big deal to be dealing with! sounds like the surgery went well. Good!! The first step is over!

You RAWK and I will keep you in my thoughts while you get through this.
AtLast is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to AtLast For This Useful Post:
Old 09-04-2010, 09:23 AM   #45
waxnrope
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Permanently Banned 5/27/2011
Preferred Pronoun?:
hy ho, hy ho; he, she, it, whatever
Relationship Status:
Going slow ...

Thanked 2,958 Times in 953 Posts
waxnrope Has the BEST Reputationwaxnrope Has the BEST Reputationwaxnrope Has the BEST Reputationwaxnrope Has the BEST Reputationwaxnrope Has the BEST Reputationwaxnrope Has the BEST Reputationwaxnrope Has the BEST Reputationwaxnrope Has the BEST Reputationwaxnrope Has the BEST Reputationwaxnrope Has the BEST Reputationwaxnrope Has the BEST Reputation

Hey bro. It was a good idea to let people know here. Well, maybe not Corkey and Betenoir. Lol. They would always sink to the bottom, so to speak.
Know that your community here will keep you in our thoughts and/or prayers, sending light and evoking the healing power of collective will. Candles lit through your chemotherapy. And, yes, rlin was mostly right ... mostly. Depending.

I know that you have a lot of support at home. We've just widened that circle. You can't do better. Hugs to you, bro.
waxnrope is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to waxnrope For This Useful Post:
Old 09-04-2010, 09:28 AM   #46
betenoire

How Do You Identify?:
Satan in a Sunday Hat
Preferred Pronoun?:
Maow
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 8,742 Times in 2,566 Posts
betenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputation

Hey now! Me and Corkey provide a valuable service!
Old 09-04-2010, 11:01 AM   #47
Corkey
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Human
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Very Married

Corkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by betenoire View Post

That's right with out poo humor there is a lack of WOOOOOO factor.
"Many proposals have been made to us to adopt your laws, your religion, your manners and your customs. We would be better pleased with beholding the good effects of these doctrines in your own practices, than with hearing you talk about them".
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Corkey For This Useful Post:
Old 09-04-2010, 11:19 AM   #48
betenoire

How Do You Identify?:
Satan in a Sunday Hat
Preferred Pronoun?:
Maow
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 8,742 Times in 2,566 Posts
betenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corkey View Post

It is no coincidence that poo rhymes with woo.

Old 09-04-2010, 11:45 AM   #49
waxnrope
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Permanently Banned 5/27/2011
Preferred Pronoun?:
hy ho, hy ho; he, she, it, whatever
Relationship Status:
Going slow ...

Thanked 2,958 Times in 953 Posts
waxnrope Has the BEST Reputationwaxnrope Has the BEST Reputationwaxnrope Has the BEST Reputationwaxnrope Has the BEST Reputationwaxnrope Has the BEST Reputationwaxnrope Has the BEST Reputationwaxnrope Has the BEST Reputationwaxnrope Has the BEST Reputationwaxnrope Has the BEST Reputationwaxnrope Has the BEST Reputationwaxnrope Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by betenoire View Post
Are these services paid for, or, ate they freebies?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corkey View Post

Poo woo?
I'd watch out for these two if I were you, Dapper. In the meantime, just be sure to and keep the surgeon happy.
waxnrope is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to waxnrope For This Useful Post:
Old 09-04-2010, 12:18 PM   #50
morningstar55

How Do You Identify?:
femme,she
Preferred Pronoun?:
she,her,
Relationship Status:
very single

Thanked 4,241 Times in 1,845 Posts
morningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputation

wow ((((((((((((((Dapper poohs))))))))))))))
hope you mend..soon...... will keep you in my thoughts

life is to short to wake up in the morning with regrets
so love the people who treat you right,
forget about the ones who dont,
and believe that everything happens for a reason.
If you get a chance take it... if it changes your life let it.
morningstar55 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to morningstar55 For This Useful Post:
Old 09-06-2010, 09:01 PM   #51
tantalizingfemme

How Do You Identify?:
Me

Thanked 4,010 Times in 823 Posts
tantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputation
Default Update

Just wanted to let everyone know that Dapper didn't fall off the face of the earth after starting this thread.... Hy unfortunately developed an obstruction in hys intestine and ended up back in the hospital on Thursday. Today hy had surgery to remove the adhesions and everything went well.

Thanks for all the well wishes and woo.... (and let's hope the poo will soon follow)

T
tantalizingfemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to tantalizingfemme For This Useful Post:
Old 09-06-2010, 09:02 PM   #52
Corkey
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Human
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Very Married

WOOOOOOO and bring on the Pooooooo
Old 09-06-2010, 09:05 PM   #53
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,773 Times in 25,659 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Lots of woo to you, Dapper. Get well soon!

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 09-17-2010, 02:48 PM   #54
morningstar55

How Do You Identify?:
femme,she
Preferred Pronoun?:
she,her,
Relationship Status:
very single

Thanked 4,241 Times in 1,845 Posts
morningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputation

has anyone .......... heard from Dapper ??? and how he is doing ???

life is to short to wake up in the morning with regrets
so love the people who treat you right,
forget about the ones who dont,
and believe that everything happens for a reason.
If you get a chance take it... if it changes your life let it.
morningstar55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 11:55 AM   #55
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Thanked 26,893 Times in 5,771 Posts
DapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST Reputation

Hi, Folks!

Thanks for all the well wishes...I am back in business!

As tatalizingfemme said (thanks, honey!), the day I wrote the thread (strangely just a few hours later), I started having intense pain and then went into the emergency room. I had a second surgery and just got out of the hospital the end of last week. This is my first day I have turned on the computer. Tougher recovery this time around, but onward and upward!

Later this week I will meet with the oncologist in my area and then next week I will meet with the folks in Philly for a second opinion on chemo.

Thanks again for all of the wonderful support...it is so very much appreciated!

Are you educated or indoctrinated?
DapperButch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DapperButch For This Useful Post:
Old 09-21-2010, 12:08 PM   #56
Corkey
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Human
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Very Married

Good to see you back Dapper!
Old 03-16-2011, 05:26 AM   #57
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Thanked 26,893 Times in 5,771 Posts
DapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST Reputation
Default UPDATE

Well, this is IT, folks!

Last chemo infusion today!

It has been a tough road since August, but I am FINALLY done! Just in time for summer!

The support I have received through my gf (tantalizingfemme), has been incredible over this time, and I just want to give a thanks to her here at bfp! I truly couldn't have asked for a better partner!

Also, a little shout out to Bete for being a wonderful support to me as well. I didn't know her before the chemo, so it is pretty cool that we became friends during this time and I had an online support friend.

Also, I appreciate the support that I have received from EVERYONE here.

One can get a little whacky with chemo (perceptions get off and brain doesn't work oh, so well), so I apologize if I have been a little "off" in my posts at all. I suspect that the ones who know have kind of treated me with kid gloves if I offended without thinking, which I appreciate!

I hope to not have any problems in the future. With the surgery and chemo, I only have about a 18-20% the cancer will return, so that is awesome!

Thanks again, all!

Are you educated or indoctrinated?
DapperButch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to DapperButch For This Useful Post:
Old 03-16-2011, 05:45 AM   #58
suebee

How Do You Identify?:
TOWANDA!
Preferred Pronoun?:
Queen Bee
Relationship Status:
Good 'n married.

1 Highscore

Location: Eastern Canada. But if I make a wrong turn at the lights I get stopped by a border guard.
Thanked 2,759 Times in 820 Posts
suebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputation

GREAT news Dapper! I'm so glad to hear that all of that is over for you. Take a deep breath and know that it's behind you!

Sue
Old 03-16-2011, 06:59 AM   #59
SelfMadeMan

How Do You Identify?:
Transsexual Man
Preferred Pronoun?:
Male
Relationship Status:
Married to The Woman of My Dreams <3

Thanked 2,669 Times in 527 Posts
SelfMadeMan Has the BEST ReputationSelfMadeMan Has the BEST ReputationSelfMadeMan Has the BEST ReputationSelfMadeMan Has the BEST ReputationSelfMadeMan Has the BEST ReputationSelfMadeMan Has the BEST ReputationSelfMadeMan Has the BEST ReputationSelfMadeMan Has the BEST ReputationSelfMadeMan Has the BEST ReputationSelfMadeMan Has the BEST ReputationSelfMadeMan Has the BEST Reputation

DB - I feel so bad that I never even saw this thread until today! I am sorry you had to go through that scare at all, and everything that came with it, but I am so thankful that you are ok :-) Sounds like you maintained a positive attitude throughout the process and that is so important - that and the love and support of your girl. I'm glad you're healing well - sending you lots of positive thoughts!
SelfMadeMan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to SelfMadeMan For This Useful Post:
Old 03-16-2011, 07:26 AM   #60
Diva
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Diva
Preferred Pronoun?:
Diva

Thanked 17,180 Times in 5,238 Posts
Diva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by DapperButch View Post
Well, this is IT, folks!

Last chemo infusion today!

It has been a tough road since August, but I am FINALLY done! Just in time for summer!

The support I have received through my gf (tantalizingfemme), has been incredible over this time, and I just want to give a thanks to her here at bfp! I truly couldn't have asked for a better partner!

Also, a little shout out to Bete for being a wonderful support to me as well. I didn't know her before the chemo, so it is pretty cool that we became friends during this time and I had an online support friend.

Also, I appreciate the support that I have received from EVERYONE here.

One can get a little whacky with chemo (perceptions get off and brain doesn't work oh, so well), so I apologize if I have been a little "off" in my posts at all. I suspect that the ones who know have kind of treated me with kid gloves if I offended without thinking, which I appreciate!

I hope to not have any problems in the future. With the surgery and chemo, I only have about a 18-20% the cancer will return, so that is awesome!

Thanks again, all!

Sweet Dapper....
Thanks so much for this good news! I'm sorry I haven't kept up with You (I started to say "haven't kept up with Your ass..." but that would have been over the top, I'm thinkin'... )..... I have no excuse for that....

But THIS! THIS is grand news and I'm so happy for You and Tantalizing Femme....and God bless her for helping You through this hard part...and onward!

Diva is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Diva For This Useful Post: