Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > HEALTH: BODY, MIND, SPIRIT > Support: Abuse, Addiction, Coping

Old 07-14-2011, 10:00 PM   #21
Novelafemme
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 8,925 Times in 1,834 Posts
Novelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST Reputation

true...but even if i didn't have that first-hand information I would have made the same choice. Placing a call to authorities to investigate a suspicious living arrangement is well within ones rights. Especially when infants and children are involved.
Novelafemme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 10:06 PM   #22
Soft*Silver
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 15,619 Times in 3,976 Posts
Soft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST Reputation

I am not suggesting calling on a whim. She was clear about her concerns. I am also addressing her as a professional to a professional. Again, she is not doing this on a whim. No one suggested calling on a whim...thats when reprocussions would occur.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tantalizingfemme View Post
ETA: I think what I am struggling with in some of the posts is this attitude to just "throw caution to the wind" and report it so CPS and let "them" sort it all out. That is not what they are there for and there can be very serious, long-term reprocussions to it.
The Following User Says Thank You to Soft*Silver For This Useful Post:
Old 07-14-2011, 10:17 PM   #23
tantalizingfemme

How Do You Identify?:
Me

Thanked 4,010 Times in 823 Posts
tantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by softness View Post
I am not suggesting calling on a whim. She was clear about her concerns. I am also addressing her as a professional to a professional. Again, she is not doing this on a whim. No one suggested calling on a whim...thats when reprocussions would occur.
And this is what I am talking about... whims. You must have some kind of factual information behind accusing someone of something; not just "I think", "I feel" , I believe".
tantalizingfemme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 06:40 AM   #24
Heart

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Relationship Status:
rainbows!

Thanked 2,531 Times in 412 Posts
Heart Has the BEST ReputationHeart Has the BEST ReputationHeart Has the BEST ReputationHeart Has the BEST ReputationHeart Has the BEST ReputationHeart Has the BEST ReputationHeart Has the BEST ReputationHeart Has the BEST ReputationHeart Has the BEST ReputationHeart Has the BEST ReputationHeart Has the BEST Reputation

Adult domestic violence, (I mean actual violence and control, not yelling and arguing), in and of itself, is not reportable to CPS, it's a 911 call. This is an important distinction. If children are caught in the crossfire -(or you suspect, from what you hear and see that they might be), then reporting may be necessary.

Be aware that when CPS is called into a DV situation, they have on many occasions removed children from non-offending mothers and left the mother there to deal with her abuser. They have also charged non-offending mothers with failing to protect their children because they "allowed" DV to happen in the children's presence. CPS is notorious for punishing victim mothers, and traumatizing children through removal, and doing nothing to hold abusers accountable. In NY there was a class action lawsuit related to this called Nicholson vs Scoppetta. The class won, and ACS was ordered by a Federal judge to stop removing children from battered mothers and instead offer safety options and services.
Heart is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Heart For This Useful Post: