Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > HEALTH: BODY, MIND, SPIRIT > Support: Abuse, Addiction, Coping

Old 11-10-2010, 10:05 AM   #1
Andrew, Jr.
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Me
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Unavailable

Thanked 5,249 Times in 2,216 Posts
Andrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST Reputation
Smile Developmental Disabilities/Asperger's/Autism

I cannot find the Neuro. Diversity Thread. I thought we should keep it up.

Many of you already know that I have tbi (traumatic brain injury) on top of Asperger's and Developmental Disabilities.

I am not good in social situations. Rosie & my adopted family helps me out alot in public, and with doctors, and so on.

Anyone else?

Andrew, Jr. is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Andrew, Jr. For This Useful Post:
Old 11-10-2010, 10:09 AM   #2
Liam

How Do You Identify?:
Guy
Preferred Pronoun?:
He, Him, His

Thanked 6,909 Times in 1,862 Posts
Liam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew, Jr. View Post

I cannot find the Neuro. Diversity Thread. I thought we should keep it up.

Many of you already know that I have tbi (traumatic brain injury) on top of Asperger's and Developmental Disabilities.

I am not good in social situations. Rosie & my adopted family helps me out alot in public, and with doctors, and so on.

Anyone else?

Here is a link to the Neurodiversity thread, Andrew.

http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/foru...read.php?t=630

I found it in my "Subscribed Threads."
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Liam For This Useful Post:
Old 11-10-2010, 10:17 AM   #3
Andrew, Jr.
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Me
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Unavailable

Andrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST Reputation
Smile

Thanks Buddy!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Andrew, Jr. For This Useful Post:
Old 11-10-2010, 10:24 AM   #4
adorable

How Do You Identify?:
Sarcastically
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Unavailable

Thanked 2,645 Times in 590 Posts
adorable Has the BEST Reputationadorable Has the BEST Reputationadorable Has the BEST Reputationadorable Has the BEST Reputationadorable Has the BEST Reputationadorable Has the BEST Reputationadorable Has the BEST Reputationadorable Has the BEST Reputationadorable Has the BEST Reputationadorable Has the BEST Reputationadorable Has the BEST Reputation

Thanks Andrew for starting this thread. Developmental disabilities on top of your brain injury and asperger's must be tough to deal with. It was nice to meet Rosie. She seems like such a great support for you and she cares about you a lot!

It's nice to see you back!
adorable is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to adorable For This Useful Post:
Old 11-10-2010, 10:38 AM   #5
Andrew, Jr.
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Me
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Unavailable

Yes, it is hard. That is why I was in neuro. rehab. It was to help me to try to function in society. Society sucks. It rejected me, as do people.

Rosie is my life support. Without her in my life, I would be dead. Rosie called me and told me to post somethings. I did just that. Go follow Liam's link.

Thanks for the welcome back.

Andrew
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Andrew, Jr. For This Useful Post:
Old 11-10-2010, 10:58 AM   #6
lipstixgal

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
coupled

Thanked 1,690 Times in 1,064 Posts
lipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputation

I too have traumatic brain injury from having severe Lyme's disease back about 10 years ago and it is hard to anything especially work which I try to avoid but have too eventually don't know what to do at this time because very tired all the time and have sleep apnea which I think is from the Lyme's disease as well, waiting to get mask and machine and see doctor about it not for two more weeks!!
lipstixgal is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to lipstixgal For This Useful Post:
Old 11-10-2010, 12:23 PM   #7
katsarecool

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her, Woman
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 1,765 Times in 734 Posts
katsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputation

Hi Andrew, so sorry to hear about your health problems and even sorrier to hear how society treats you. That sucks! My son who is 36, also has apergers in addition to learning disabilities and HAHD. I have wanted to murder quite a few of his former schoolmates, co-workers and strangers who have treated him badly. If only they had taken the time to know this very gently and loveable guy. To me he is everything and I would not change a thing about him. Hugs Andrew!!!! It is clear people here care about you a lot!
Old 11-10-2010, 01:33 PM   #8
LipstickLola

How Do You Identify?:
Happy
Preferred Pronoun?:
she

Thanked 1,597 Times in 433 Posts
LipstickLola Has the BEST ReputationLipstickLola Has the BEST ReputationLipstickLola Has the BEST ReputationLipstickLola Has the BEST ReputationLipstickLola Has the BEST ReputationLipstickLola Has the BEST ReputationLipstickLola Has the BEST ReputationLipstickLola Has the BEST ReputationLipstickLola Has the BEST ReputationLipstickLola Has the BEST ReputationLipstickLola Has the BEST Reputation

I have an adult child with developemental issues. She is 25. Along our educational journey, there was never any distinct label given to her. She has a broad range of disabilties spanning the Aspegers to Autism spectrum.
Society sucks and now? along with all of that, she recently had a total mental breakdown. Treating her with medication is difficult due in part to her abilities. At this time, she is as an infant in an adult body
As her mother, it is one of the saddest, most gut wrenching things I've ever dealt with. I have a special place in my heart for all of you who traverse this path.
LipstickLola is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to LipstickLola For This Useful Post:
Old 11-10-2010, 02:04 PM   #9
Andrew, Jr.
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Me
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Unavailable

People are very cruel. When I was working, I was falsely accused of raping 8 women at one time. Nothing ever came of it because they each lied. There was nothing on the videotape. They had me investigated. There was nothing to be investigated. The police and corporate security were involved. It was horrible. Rosie and I had to hire an attorney. At the same time, it is my reputation that is destroyed. Do you think these 8 women care now about what they did to me? Heck no.

Things like that happen all - the - time. No surprise here.

Old 11-10-2010, 02:37 PM   #10
lipstixgal

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
coupled

Thanked 1,690 Times in 1,064 Posts
lipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputation

Does anybody know of anything they can do for TBI?? Just curious I went to vocational reahabilitation but that was a long time ago and still have a hard time with just daily chores and work related issues...
lipstixgal is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to lipstixgal For This Useful Post:
Old 11-10-2010, 07:18 PM   #11
Andrew, Jr.
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Me
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Unavailable

There are no surgeries or treatment plans. Medicines are available to control and relieve the after-effects. Not that much is known about the brain.
The Following User Says Thank You to Andrew, Jr. For This Useful Post:
Old 11-10-2010, 10:36 PM   #12
Andrew, Jr.
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Me
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Unavailable

TBI is when you have a violent blow to the head where the brain and the inside of the skull hit each other.
The Following User Says Thank You to Andrew, Jr. For This Useful Post:
Old 11-10-2010, 10:47 PM   #13
nicetgurl_30

How Do You Identify?:
Woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Single

nicetgurl_30 Has the BEST Reputationnicetgurl_30 Has the BEST Reputationnicetgurl_30 Has the BEST Reputationnicetgurl_30 Has the BEST Reputationnicetgurl_30 Has the BEST Reputationnicetgurl_30 Has the BEST Reputationnicetgurl_30 Has the BEST Reputationnicetgurl_30 Has the BEST Reputationnicetgurl_30 Has the BEST Reputationnicetgurl_30 Has the BEST Reputationnicetgurl_30 Has the BEST Reputation
Default Info

I don't know a hole bunch about aspergers. Forgive spelling but is it true that u have to do alot of ot/pt? To relearn fine motor skills? I would assume w social it would be going to therapies that deal w/ TBI
nicetgurl_30 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to nicetgurl_30 For This Useful Post:
Old 11-11-2010, 11:50 AM   #14
Andrew, Jr.
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Me
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Unavailable

I had many tutors and one of my friends helped me.
Old 11-11-2010, 07:41 PM   #15
nickster

How Do You Identify?:
TG
Preferred Pronoun?:
Male pronouns

nickster Has the BEST Reputationnickster Has the BEST Reputationnickster Has the BEST Reputationnickster Has the BEST Reputationnickster Has the BEST Reputationnickster Has the BEST Reputationnickster Has the BEST Reputationnickster Has the BEST Reputationnickster Has the BEST Reputationnickster Has the BEST Reputationnickster Has the BEST Reputation

Thanks for starting this thread Andrew. There are a lot of us out there with developmental disabilities. I am very dyslexic. I read slow, process information differently and learn differently than most people. Sometimes I feel really stupid when I have to read something several times before I can understand it (and I don’t always get all of it….lol).

Ironically, I’m a social worker and work with people with developmental disabilities. I work with people with Aspergers, ADHD / ADD, TBI, autism, Downs syndrome, psych diagnosis and physical disabilities. It is truly amazing the lack of understanding there is towards people with developmental disabilities. I’m glad to see you have opened the door to let people ask questions directly. It takes a lot of courage to do so.
nickster is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to nickster For This Useful Post:
Old 11-11-2010, 08:47 PM   #16
Andrew, Jr.
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Me
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Unavailable

Thumbs up Thanks Nickster!

Nickster,

I too am severely dyslexic. And word comprehension is a nightmare. I have a small hand held computer by Franklin. I use it non-stop.

Life is not fair. Not by a long shot. But it is still good.

Andrew