How Do You Identify?:
Transman (male)
Preferred Pronoun?:
He, Him, His ect.
Relationship Status:
Handsome bastard.

Tournaments Won: 1

Thanked 1,824 Times in 499 Posts
Bad_boi Has the BEST ReputationBad_boi Has the BEST ReputationBad_boi Has the BEST ReputationBad_boi Has the BEST ReputationBad_boi Has the BEST ReputationBad_boi Has the BEST ReputationBad_boi Has the BEST ReputationBad_boi Has the BEST ReputationBad_boi Has the BEST ReputationBad_boi Has the BEST ReputationBad_boi Has the BEST Reputation
Default Has anyone else noticed that

...Female deodorant does not work if you are the least bit active?

(bear in mind I am up at 4:30 and am very bored)

I always have bought guy deodorant (ever since I was old enough to need it) because it smelled better. It always worked well and kept me smelling good. Even if I did exercise a bit or if it was hot. This weekend I ended up staying at my gf's and I for got my old spice and had to use some of her (unopened) female deodorant. I did not do any movement exept for going to the grocery store and carrying some sort of heavy stuff for a block or two. I was feeling sweaty and sticky by the time I got home. I rarely ever sweat. Not even the most intense work out makes me break even so much as a teensy drop of sweat. Only when it gets really hot do I sweat. WTH is up with girl deodorant? Do they assume women don't exercise?
Bad_boi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Bad_boi For This Useful Post:
Old 05-27-2010, 10:05 AM   #2
TenderKnight

How Do You Identify?:
Kinky Poly Transman
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

TenderKnight Has the BEST ReputationTenderKnight Has the BEST ReputationTenderKnight Has the BEST ReputationTenderKnight Has the BEST ReputationTenderKnight Has the BEST ReputationTenderKnight Has the BEST ReputationTenderKnight Has the BEST ReputationTenderKnight Has the BEST ReputationTenderKnight Has the BEST ReputationTenderKnight Has the BEST ReputationTenderKnight Has the BEST Reputation
Default Protects you like a man..

hmmm.. Maybe you need to be more of a Lady?
Old 05-27-2010, 10:08 AM   #3
JustBeingMe

How Do You Identify?:
as ME
Relationship Status:
I don't need no stinking status.

Thanked 1,691 Times in 694 Posts
JustBeingMe Has the BEST ReputationJustBeingMe Has the BEST ReputationJustBeingMe Has the BEST ReputationJustBeingMe Has the BEST ReputationJustBeingMe Has the BEST ReputationJustBeingMe Has the BEST ReputationJustBeingMe Has the BEST ReputationJustBeingMe Has the BEST ReputationJustBeingMe Has the BEST ReputationJustBeingMe Has the BEST ReputationJustBeingMe Has the BEST Reputation

Hey BadBoi, I use women's deodorant, but I use Degree Brand, it works best. I tend to sweat in heat and during any excersize, and I tell ya this stuff holds true to it's name. Have your girl switch to this, maybe if you forget yours again, it'll work for you.
Old 05-27-2010, 10:16 AM   #4
diamondrose

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 2,895 Times in 923 Posts
diamondrose Has the BEST Reputationdiamondrose Has the BEST Reputationdiamondrose Has the BEST Reputationdiamondrose Has the BEST Reputationdiamondrose Has the BEST Reputationdiamondrose Has the BEST Reputationdiamondrose Has the BEST Reputationdiamondrose Has the BEST Reputationdiamondrose Has the BEST Reputationdiamondrose Has the BEST Reputationdiamondrose Has the BEST Reputation

I am not sure how accurate this is but I once heard somewhere, that if you are a biological woman using mens deodorant, it changes the scent of your sweat. Sound gross i know. So to turn around and use a woman's deodorant, it won't work the same right away. They are made differently I think. Again I am not sure on the accuracy, just something i read about somewhere a long time ago.

i just realized this is the butch zone too sorry yall
diamondrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 10:17 AM   #5
apretty

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
sea shell
Relationship Status:
married

Thanked 4,377 Times in 1,015 Posts
apretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputation

i like dove and secret.

i once used e's man-dorant because i was visiting and had left mine at home, and it burned!

oops! butch zone, please disregard!
apretty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 10:30 AM   #6
Waldo

How Do You Identify?:
Special Snowflake
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her
Relationship Status:
Married

Waldo Has the BEST ReputationWaldo Has the BEST ReputationWaldo Has the BEST ReputationWaldo Has the BEST ReputationWaldo Has the BEST ReputationWaldo Has the BEST ReputationWaldo Has the BEST ReputationWaldo Has the BEST ReputationWaldo Has the BEST ReputationWaldo Has the BEST ReputationWaldo Has the BEST Reputation

I haven't used "girl" deodorant in probably close to 20 years for this very reason. I've been told there are some new brands that do much better but frankly? I don't care. I love my Old Spice too and it works great. And the Sport scent smells awesome.
Old 05-27-2010, 12:17 PM   #7
Bad_boi

How Do You Identify?:
Transman (male)
Preferred Pronoun?:
He, Him, His ect.
Relationship Status:
Handsome bastard.

Tournaments Won: 1

Thanked 1,824 Times in 499 Posts
Bad_boi Has the BEST ReputationBad_boi Has the BEST ReputationBad_boi Has the BEST ReputationBad_boi Has the BEST ReputationBad_boi Has the BEST ReputationBad_boi Has the BEST ReputationBad_boi Has the BEST ReputationBad_boi Has the BEST ReputationBad_boi Has the BEST ReputationBad_boi Has the BEST ReputationBad_boi Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waldo View Post
I haven't used "girl" deodorant in probably close to 20 years for this very reason. I've been told there are some new brands that do much better but frankly? I don't care. I love my Old Spice too and it works great. And the Sport scent smells awesome.
I also keep using old spice cuz girls tell me I smell so good lol.

I have tried various female deodorants but none of them really worked or smelled like anything other than paint (don't ask me why the white cakey stuff just smells like that to me)

I don't mind femmes in here I just assumed moe butches would find this interesting.
Bad_boi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 02:28 PM   #8
Cowboi

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:
Holding My Red Circle

1 Highscore

Thanked 3,962 Times in 1,230 Posts
Cowboi Has the BEST ReputationCowboi Has the BEST ReputationCowboi Has the BEST ReputationCowboi Has the BEST ReputationCowboi Has the BEST ReputationCowboi Has the BEST ReputationCowboi Has the BEST ReputationCowboi Has the BEST ReputationCowboi Has the BEST ReputationCowboi Has the BEST ReputationCowboi Has the BEST Reputation

I'm a Old Spice kinda guy!!! Haven't used girly stuff since I lived at home and used what my Mom bought it !!! LoL
Old 05-27-2010, 02:39 PM   #9
Bit

How Do You Identify?:
Stonefemme
Relationship Status:
married to Gryph

Thanked 3,772 Times in 1,264 Posts
Bit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST Reputation

The only women's deodorant I ever found that worked properly is Degree. I don't know why... could have been the climate I was living in, could be something with my body chemistry, dunno... but I assumed that men's deodorant is just as variable in what works and what doesn't.

Do they really make men's deodorant somehow stronger than women's? I thought that was just advertising hype!
Bit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 02:47 PM   #10
Kobi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Biological female. Lesbian.
Relationship Status:
Happy

39 Highscores

Thanked 34,661 Times in 7,652 Posts
Kobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST Reputation

I work out daily and use Sure unscented and it works fine. I dont care for scented anything but I do find if I have to use it, it does smell odd when mixed with sweat...musk and a floral bouquet is not pleasant thing.

Kobi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Kobi For This Useful Post:
Old 05-27-2010, 03:06 PM   #11
theoddz

How Do You Identify?:
Old Poop
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mr. Beast
Relationship Status:
Happily Married

Thanked 9,864 Times in 2,473 Posts
theoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

I've had good luck with Speed Stick and love the Momentum and Cool Fusion scents.

It's been my experience that you just need to try various brands until you find one that agrees with your body chemistry. I found that the deodorants I once had success with before T, didn't work after I started T. I'm the kind of guy who just can't stand not smelling good, so I'm all about finding something that works with *my* chemistry. Even if you're not on T, your chemistry can change. What might not have worked for you before might now work.

Find a good deodorant that works for you and a nice (but not overpowering) cologne. Keep in mind that there could be asthmatic people around you and you don't want your scent arriving before you do. It should keep you feeling and smelling good all day.

Good luck.....I hope my 2 cents has helped some.

~Theo~
Old 05-27-2010, 03:17 PM   #12
Queerasfck

How Do You Identify?:
still ballin'
Relationship Status:
Triple X

Thanked 6,497 Times in 1,639 Posts
Queerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST Reputation
Arrow odor-riffic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad_boi View Post
...Female deodorant does not work if you are the least bit active?

(bear in mind I am up at 4:30 and am very bored)

I always have bought guy deodorant (ever since I was old enough to need it) because it smelled better. It always worked well and kept me smelling good. Even if I did exercise a bit or if it was hot. This weekend I ended up staying at my gf's and I for got my old spice and had to use some of her (unopened) female deodorant. I did not do any movement exept for going to the grocery store and carrying some sort of heavy stuff for a block or two. I was feeling sweaty and sticky by the time I got home. I rarely ever sweat. Not even the most intense work out makes me break even so much as a teensy drop of sweat. Only when it gets really hot do I sweat. WTH is up with girl deodorant? Do they assume women don't exercise?
Don't know if this has already been brought up but majority of the products for guys and gals on the market is a combo of both anti-perspirant and deodorant. Anti perspirant blocks your pores when you sweat and deodorant simply covers up the smell of your underarms when you perspire. You are less likey to find just plain deodorant in stores than the combo as it as not as popular. Anti perspirant contains aluminum and as humans we really don't need more. I personally don't mind a little sweat on myself, it's supposed to come out, why block it? Besides sweat contains pheromones (chemical signals sent out to others for the purpose of social networking :P)
Anyway, I just use Old Spice 'Showtime' deodorant. Even during intense work outs it does just fine. Of course I do shower daily so to me and those who are in my space bubble that seems to be fine.
Queerasfck is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Queerasfck For This Useful Post:
Old 05-27-2010, 03:18 PM   #13
atomiczombie

How Do You Identify?:
Femmesensual Transguy
Preferred Pronoun?:
He, Him, His
Relationship Status:
Dating

Thanked 3,221 Times in 757 Posts
atomiczombie Has the BEST Reputationatomiczombie Has the BEST Reputationatomiczombie Has the BEST Reputationatomiczombie Has the BEST Reputationatomiczombie Has the BEST Reputationatomiczombie Has the BEST Reputationatomiczombie Has the BEST Reputationatomiczombie Has the BEST Reputationatomiczombie Has the BEST Reputationatomiczombie Has the BEST Reputationatomiczombie Has the BEST Reputation

<-------- Old Spice Pure Sport anti-persperant and deodorant. For the win!!
atomiczombie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2010, 07:37 AM   #14
EnderD_503

How Do You Identify?:
Queer, trans guy, butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Male pronouns
Relationship Status:
Relationship

Thanked 3,907 Times in 1,032 Posts
EnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST Reputation

I don't think I've used women's deoderant since middle school or first year of high school, but I agree. I've always been very active and women's deoderant never seemed to do much of anything except smell like the perfume section of the Eaton's centre when you take the cap off. I do think men's deoderant is better suited for an active lifestyle, then again many female athletes I know use women's deoderant and don't complain so maybe it depends on the person.

I've used a variety of men's deoderant and they've all worked fine except for the roll-on ones which do nothing but make you smell like chemicals, and then eventually chemicals and sweat after a workout. For the last while I've been using Adidas but avoiding the roll-ons. Mostly use Adidas Intensive antiperspirant, but recently tried Adidas Deep Energy, which I don't find as effective as Intensive. Axe is probably the most effective I've tried after Adidas Intensive.

Btw, what's up with those deoderants that claim to work for 48 hours? What is the point of a deoderant that works for 48 hours (and yet they rarely last even a full day if you're very physically active, like the demographic Adidas caters to) to begin with?
EnderD_503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2010, 07:43 AM   #15
Blade
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
TG
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
once in a while someone amazing comes along...and here I am!

Thanked 14,400 Times in 4,049 Posts
Blade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST Reputation

Old Spice Game Day......sweat like a mule....smell like a man
Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Blade For This Useful Post:
Old 05-30-2010, 09:29 AM   #16
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,773 Times in 25,659 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Like EZ mentioned, there's a difference between plain deodorant and antiperspirant and they work differently together and individually. I usually use some form of Degree with both antiperspirant and deodorant. They have one that smells like a peach orchard. It's one of my faves. Well, that and baby powder, because everyone can usually tolerant baby powder, even if scent sensitive. Oh, and clear gel. It must be the clear stuff. No white streaks for me.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2010, 09:42 AM   #17
MrSunshine

How Do You Identify?:
The Gardner
Preferred Pronoun?:
Ummmm
Relationship Status:
Nah

23 Highscores

Thanked 3,889 Times in 1,154 Posts
MrSunshine Has the BEST ReputationMrSunshine Has the BEST ReputationMrSunshine Has the BEST ReputationMrSunshine Has the BEST ReputationMrSunshine Has the BEST ReputationMrSunshine Has the BEST ReputationMrSunshine Has the BEST ReputationMrSunshine Has the BEST ReputationMrSunshine Has the BEST ReputationMrSunshine Has the BEST ReputationMrSunshine Has the BEST Reputation

white streaks are nasty. white dingling balls nastier. don't do it!

I have used men's deodorant/anti antiperspirant all my life. My sweat tastes sweet.
I have however just found a new formula from the brand I use and women seem to really like it. I seriously can't say how many times people have asked me what I was wearing for cologne.
MrSunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2010, 10:02 AM   #18
Toughy

How Do You Identify?:
pervert butch feminist woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
see above
Relationship Status:
independent entity

Thanked 7,656 Times in 1,522 Posts
Toughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST Reputation

Most of the time I use unscented Sure....works fine. I don't like smelly deodorant/antiperspirant. I also use unscented lotion, unscented shampoo and unscented laundry detergent and dryer sheets. Mixing a bunch of different smells just never works.

I use Dial soap....mountain rain is the scent and the smell is gone after an hour or so.

I also don't wear cologne very often. And when I do wear it, she has to get up close and personal to smell it. It never enters the room ahead of me.

I tend to shower twice a day. In the morning before work and then when I get home from work. I work with dogs all day and I don't like smelling like a hundred dogs after work.

I tried men's deodorant and hated it. Too smelly and harsh for me. But I am a delicate flower like that.....
I will not assimilate

Toughy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Toughy For This Useful Post:
Old 05-30-2010, 10:52 AM   #19
Oiler41

How Do You Identify?:
Human
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him
Relationship Status:
Happily Single!

Thanked 2,574 Times in 790 Posts
Oiler41 Has the BEST ReputationOiler41 Has the BEST ReputationOiler41 Has the BEST ReputationOiler41 Has the BEST ReputationOiler41 Has the BEST ReputationOiler41 Has the BEST ReputationOiler41 Has the BEST ReputationOiler41 Has the BEST ReputationOiler41 Has the BEST ReputationOiler41 Has the BEST ReputationOiler41 Has the BEST Reputation

From 1983 to the present, I've used some variety of Mitchum. While in the Army, working for UPS and working outside in refineries in the South, I have done a lot of heavy sweating. I've worked 16 hour days outside in the refinery, sweating my ass off all day and Mitchum works for me like a charm. I do have to agree though, I think different brands work differently for different people, and I do believe it does have something to do with one's chemistry. It's best to shop around until you find one that works for you no matter which gender a product is billed for.

Glynn
Oiler41 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Oiler41 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-30-2010, 11:06 AM   #20
Diva
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Diva
Preferred Pronoun?:
Diva

Thanked 17,180 Times in 5,238 Posts
Diva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

I use unscented Dry Idea.....and I can't even believe I'm IN here posting this, as the thought of sweating ~ or TASTING my sweat <glaring @ Mr. Sunshine!> ~ just makes me cringe......

I HAVE been known to sweat on occasion......but that's none of Your bees wax.

Diva is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Diva For This Useful Post: