How Do You Identify?:
Transman (male)
Preferred Pronoun?:
He, Him, His ect.
Relationship Status:
Handsome bastard.

Tournaments Won: 1

Thanked 1,824 Times in 499 Posts
Bad_boi Has the BEST ReputationBad_boi Has the BEST ReputationBad_boi Has the BEST ReputationBad_boi Has the BEST ReputationBad_boi Has the BEST ReputationBad_boi Has the BEST ReputationBad_boi Has the BEST ReputationBad_boi Has the BEST ReputationBad_boi Has the BEST ReputationBad_boi Has the BEST ReputationBad_boi Has the BEST Reputation
Default Hysto experiances?

This is not just limited to Tguys. I do want everyone's experiance.

I put this here since an FTM is probably going to have the same issues/feelings as I do right now. I am not going to elaborate too much but I will just say this- my uterus is like my appendix, not noticed till it causes pain that is extreme.

So please tell me what it was like, what kind of hysto you had. You don't need to give more details than you are comfortable with but I am concerned about how it may affect my sex drive and my moods.
Bad_boi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 09:41 AM   #2
Andrew, Jr.
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Me
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Unavailable

Thanked 5,249 Times in 2,216 Posts
Andrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST Reputation

I had a total hysto. for cervial cancer and fibroid tumors. Best thing I ever did for myself. It was discovered I had 2 tumors growing down my leg. One was 2.5 pounds and the other one was a solid 5 pounds. The tumors had wrapped themselves around my bladder and pulled it out of place. My entire abdomin was screwed up from the tumors. My surgery was about 5 years ago, and I am still recovering from it. It was just that wonderful for me.

Trying to find medical help was an entirely different thing. I found it very hard to find a gyn to help me. Nobody wanted to do the surgery. I took in a cooler with my fibroids in tubberware, and then made her go to my car to look at the front seat. It looked like someone was shot to death and died there with all the blood. I had to have it replaced. She saw me on a Wed. and on that Friday I had a D&C, labroscopy & hytoscopy. Monday I had the hyster.
Andrew, Jr. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 03:04 PM   #3
Kobi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Biological female. Lesbian.
Relationship Status:
Happy

39 Highscores

Thanked 34,661 Times in 7,652 Posts
Kobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST Reputation

I had a total abdominal hyst (uterus and ovaries) in my mid 30's. It didnt affect my sex drive, arousal, or performance in any perceivable way. I am chronically cranky so my mood seemed to be the same. It did throw me into menopause and the hot flashes from hell tho.

Kobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 03:14 PM   #4
atomiczombie

How Do You Identify?:
Femmesensual Transguy
Preferred Pronoun?:
He, Him, His
Relationship Status:
Dating

Thanked 3,221 Times in 757 Posts
atomiczombie Has the BEST Reputationatomiczombie Has the BEST Reputationatomiczombie Has the BEST Reputationatomiczombie Has the BEST Reputationatomiczombie Has the BEST Reputationatomiczombie Has the BEST Reputationatomiczombie Has the BEST Reputationatomiczombie Has the BEST Reputationatomiczombie Has the BEST Reputationatomiczombie Has the BEST Reputationatomiczombie Has the BEST Reputation

I had a radical hysterectomy in Feb 2007. I had it because of tremendous pain each month during ovulation and menstruation. They took everything, even my cervix. I will admit, it is major surgery and I felt like shit for 6 weeks, and when I was healed enough to start normal activities, I was weak as hell. All in all, it took about 3 months for me to come back to my normal strength and energy level. However, once I got past that, it was the greatest sense of physical freedom I had known to date. It is such a relief to not have to deal with that anymore. I had hated the bleeding every month and hormonal changes since the day I had my first period at age 12. Now I have put that part of my life behind me. Since then, remarkably, I have not had any hot flashes. It has only been a plus to my body with no minuses. I am glad I did it, even though it was a tough surgery from which to recover.
atomiczombie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 03:28 PM   #5
theoddz

How Do You Identify?:
Old Poop
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mr. Beast
Relationship Status:
Happily Married

Thanked 9,864 Times in 2,473 Posts
theoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

I had a total vag hysto back in '93 as a palliative remedy for the effects of Stein-Leventhal Syndrome, also known as Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome. Mine was a little different from traditional PCOS, which is why I call it by the older name. My endocrine system practically collapsed while I was serving on active duty in the Marine Corps when I was 19 years old. I was medically retired from the Marine Corps because of this. At that time, there was really no way to treat or cure PCOS and the only thing they did was address the infertility issues connected with PCOS. I wasn't at all interested in fertility, so my option for treatment was pretty much moot.

I had a vaginal hysto, because my doctors decided, for whatever reason, that it would be better for me to not have an abdominal incision. A vaginal procedure is where they go in from the vagina, pull everything (cervix, uterus, tubes and ovaries) inside out and snip it out. Then, where the cervix was, they fold and stitch it into what is called an "envelope". For me, it was "easy, peasy, lemon squeezey" and I was up and walking around the night after my surgery. I had minimal pain and no complications. Actually, I was able to go back to work the week after the procedure. It was really easy on me and I can't say that I noticed having any really noticeable pain afterward. In fact, I went home the very next day. I had what I would consider just a feeling of "uncomfortability", and that only lasted for a day or two after the surgery, but that was it.

The hysto made things a lot better for me. No more monthly cysts and abdominal torture and no more wondering when and/or IF I was going to have a monthly cycle. Life just got better all the way around and, for my own emotional reasons (related to my gender dysphoria), I felt emotionally MUCH better to be rid of "those parts".

I do want to say, too, that in my own case, it's made my transition much easier, physically and emotionally, because my body isn't manufacturing estrogen anymore. My hormones are, for once, stable and my body took to T like a duck to water!!! I can't help but think that not having ovaries to manufacture estrogen has helped the T to work better, since it's not fighting estrogen.

~Theo~
Old 05-27-2010, 07:23 PM   #6
Rockinonahigh

How Do You Identify?:
stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
makes no diffrence,I know who I am.
Relationship Status:
single,maybe looking if the right person comes along.

Thanked 14,937 Times in 3,936 Posts
Rockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST Reputation

I had a full hysto in 1989,they did a full cull down the tummy wich I wish they hadnt but I had fibroids so bad it was the best way to go.This threw me into major memopause with hot flashes from hell,I was on hrt for anout 6 months and quit cause I hated the pills and was told by the doc I could have probs from them later in life,I dont like takeing any med that isint nessary to start with.I was up and driveing intwo weeks even tho thety said to wait a month,I did wait two months before I went back to work as my job was very physical with lots of lifting tho I didnt do much even then for another couple a of months.My sex drive was lower than before and I had probs with being dryer than the sahara,thank g-d for lube..My sex drive never was what it once was, tho its a long way from gone.Before my hysto I was never all that comfy with vaginal sex to begain with,after wards I couldnt handle it at all..it really freaked me out and that has never changed.For long time I had no clue what being stone was untill I read about it on a gay site,then I talked to a threapist about it so over time have become ok with it all so now its not a big deal..the stoneness I mean.
Rockinonahigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 07:32 PM   #7
Hack
Just a guy.

How Do You Identify?:
Just a guy
Preferred Pronoun?:
male
Relationship Status:
Sparkle's consort

Thanked 3,784 Times in 960 Posts
Hack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST Reputation

I had an alternative to a hysto five years ago, though it may not help your specific situation. I had an endometrial ablation done. Best. Thing. Ever. Basically, they burn off the lining of your uterus -- no more monthly visitor. I chose this route rather than a full-blown hysto because my lifestyle is not conducive to a long surgical recovery. Hell, recovering from orthopaedic surgery on my hip two years ago practically killed me and that was only 5 weeks (I made the executive decision to forgo the 6th week).
Hack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 08:00 AM   #8
Andrew, Jr.
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Me
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Unavailable

Thanked 5,249 Times in 2,216 Posts
Andrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST Reputation
Smile

I was cut from my bellybutton on down. I had staples and sutures.

Now I have more "t" in my body than anything else. So, I never have experienced the change. Never. I am fine. I had a fever following the surgery, but that ended 3 days later. It was by far the best surgery ever!

Andrew, Jr. is offline   Reply With Quote