Old 02-22-2010, 11:28 PM   #1
Ringlets

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Taken

Ringlets has much to be proud ofRinglets has much to be proud ofRinglets has much to be proud ofRinglets has much to be proud ofRinglets has much to be proud ofRinglets has much to be proud ofRinglets has much to be proud ofRinglets has much to be proud ofRinglets has much to be proud of
Default What to do?

I just decided to join this site (which is wonderful btw) after reading posts for a couple of days on the outside looking in. I have a problem though, which is why I started looking in the first place and need some advice.

I met someone online and plan going to meet them for the first time next week. I have always ID'd as a femme. Hy IDs as old fashioned Stone Butch. He is ten years older then me and we live two states apart. (I am nervous because I have never posted in a forum so please bear with me -- I am trying not to leave out anything important!)

I really like hym and we seem to have everything in common. We have been talking online and on the phone for three months. I have seen pictures of him. But he has not seen or asked for pictures of me.
Now I am just scared to death. He has never asked me what I look like or how much I weigh. It just hasn't come up. Somehow though during a conversation recently I got the impression that he liked thin girls. That is why I am so nervous now!

I am not skinny at all! I would consider myself fat. I'm always working towards skinny, it just doesn't happen fast enough. I don't hate my body like some do, but I don't love it either. I also have a scar on my face that isn't huge but you can see it. My question is should I just call him up and warn him?
I am not sure what to do and woudl appreciate any advice. Thank you all so much. I'm sorry this was so long!
Ringlets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 02:16 PM   #2
Andrew, Jr.
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Me
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Unavailable

Thanked 5,249 Times in 2,216 Posts
Andrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST Reputation
Smile

My advice to you is this...be yourself. If this person is that self-centered to not enjoy you, then you drop hym. You are a treasure. A gift. Never forget that.

Welcome to the site, have fun, and enjoy yourself!

Namaste,
Andrew
Andrew, Jr. is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Andrew, Jr. For This Useful Post:
Old 03-15-2010, 02:32 PM   #3
luciddreamer

How Do You Identify?:
in the middle
Preferred Pronoun?:
she,her
Relationship Status:
single

luciddreamer has a brilliant futureluciddreamer has a brilliant futureluciddreamer has a brilliant futureluciddreamer has a brilliant futureluciddreamer has a brilliant futureluciddreamer has a brilliant futureluciddreamer has a brilliant futureluciddreamer has a brilliant futureluciddreamer has a brilliant futureluciddreamer has a brilliant futureluciddreamer has a brilliant future

I agree with Andrew ! Welcome to the site
luciddreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to luciddreamer For This Useful Post:
Old 03-15-2010, 03:47 PM   #4
Leigh
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her, etc
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 13,026 Times in 4,786 Posts
Leigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST Reputation

I do agree with Andrew, in the fact that you should just be yourself. If someone is going to like you, then they should like you for who you are on the inside and not for what you look like. Since you've both been talking for a few months, then hy should already like you ~ what you look like won't be an issue for hym (atleast it shouldn't be) ........... if it is, then I would say that hy isn't the right one for you

I wish you good luck, and welcome to the Planet
Leigh is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Leigh For This Useful Post:
Old 03-15-2010, 03:55 PM   #5
Apocalipstic
Pink Confection

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her, Ma'am
Relationship Status:
Dating Myself

Thanked 11,383 Times in 2,840 Posts
Apocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST Reputation

First off, I hope you are meeting this person in a public place. Please be careful and make sure someone knows exactly where you are at all times.

I have in the past sent a list of concerns to a potential victim (ooops, I mean date ), if it makes you feel better, there is no shame in that.

What has this person said to make you think a thin girl is desired?
Old 03-15-2010, 04:08 PM   #6
AshenLady

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Relationship Status:
Happy

AshenLady is a jewel in the roughAshenLady is a jewel in the roughAshenLady is a jewel in the rough

It is promising that hy hasn't asked for your photo, but I agree with your concerns. If I were you, I would want to know before meeting whether or not my weight and/or scar would be an issue. Just share it with hym and give him an out, if hy so desires. The last thing I would want is to be rejected face-to-face, after traveling to meet hym.

I also agree with apocalipstic - meet in a public place first.

I hope it works out for you both.
AshenLady is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AshenLady For This Useful Post:
Old 03-20-2010, 02:57 PM   #7
adorable

How Do You Identify?:
Sarcastically
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Unavailable

Thanked 2,645 Times in 590 Posts
adorable Has the BEST Reputationadorable Has the BEST Reputationadorable Has the BEST Reputationadorable Has the BEST Reputationadorable Has the BEST Reputationadorable Has the BEST Reputationadorable Has the BEST Reputationadorable Has the BEST Reputationadorable Has the BEST Reputationadorable Has the BEST Reputationadorable Has the BEST Reputation

I would just send him a pic. I know that fear though. lol. It's easier said then done. It always seems to be the people who aren't "all that" that have the highest standards too. Not sure why that is....don't let someone dictate what you should or shouldn't be. You are fine just how you are and really if you are worried just take a pic without make up or your hair done, in jeans and shirt - then just send it. I personally hate being compared to people on tv or movies. I am not a supermodel - in fact even supermodels aren't supermodels. Tyra Banks said that if it weren't for air brushing she wouldn't look as good as she does on the cover of magazines. It's an impossible standard that as women, we feel we need to live up to. It pisses me off actually. Everyone has things they don't like about themselves. I'm sure hy has his own insecurities. If he rejects you for a scar or your weight then he wasn't worth your time to begin with. I hope it works out for you though. It's hard to find people you really connect with in this world.
adorable is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to adorable For This Useful Post:
Old 03-20-2010, 03:56 PM   #8
Ringlets

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Taken

Ringlets has much to be proud ofRinglets has much to be proud ofRinglets has much to be proud ofRinglets has much to be proud ofRinglets has much to be proud ofRinglets has much to be proud ofRinglets has much to be proud ofRinglets has much to be proud ofRinglets has much to be proud of

Thank you all for your posts!!!!
We met and he thought I was pretty. Just getting through the fear was all I could manage. Hy really is a great guy but I think he might be too old fashioned for me afterall. Hy was very polite and even held doors, but I got the feeling that in person he expected me to be more wife like. I think there was chemistry and we are talking about it. I'm a little nervous because I don't want someone to control my every waking step! I don't want to be expected to cook and clean. I got that impression. Hy acted offended when I offered to walk his dog after hy slightly twisted hys ankle when we were at the park. That sounds stupid but he said to me that it was "his" job. I'm not sure what he meant. like if walking the dog was hys job or if it was because it was hys dog.
I did like him and thought he was much cuter in person. I guess I'll have to wait and see what happens.
Thank you all for your help.
Ringlets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2010, 06:08 PM   #9
Jaques

How Do You Identify?:
male/TG

Jaques Has the BEST ReputationJaques Has the BEST ReputationJaques Has the BEST ReputationJaques Has the BEST ReputationJaques Has the BEST ReputationJaques Has the BEST ReputationJaques Has the BEST ReputationJaques Has the BEST ReputationJaques Has the BEST ReputationJaques Has the BEST ReputationJaques Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringlets View Post
We met and he thought I was pretty. Just getting through the fear was all I could manage. Hy really is a great guy but I think he might be too old fashioned for me afterall. Hy was very polite and even held doors, but I got the feeling that in person he expected me to be more wife like. I think there was chemistry and we are talking about it. I'm a little nervous because I don't want someone to control my every waking step! I don't want to be expected to cook and clean. I got that impression. Hy acted offended when I offered to walk his dog after hy slightly twisted hys ankle when we were at the park. That sounds stupid but he said to me that it was "his" job. I'm not sure what he meant. like if walking the dog was hys job or if it was because it was hys dog.
I did like him and thought he was much cuter in person. I guess I'll have to wait and see what happens.
ten yrs isnt that great a gap, if yoo u like him might i suggest you chat about things because im an old fashioned kinda guy who opens doors and a lot of femmes expect and enjoy these things - maybe he thinks its what you want as he doesnt know you yet. My missus always wanted to do the traditional, so called womens stuff, cooking, cleaning etc and i do the jobs round the house, diy, garden, car and so on - being as its what we both enjoy, it works, but its not for everyone so, give him a chance and tell him politely what works for you - best of luck GJ
Jaques is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jaques For This Useful Post:
Old 03-20-2010, 06:18 PM   #10
bigbutchmistie

How Do You Identify?:
Since You Need A Label. Butch
Relationship Status:
Still Dreaming Of My Happily Ever After

Thanked 5,364 Times in 1,941 Posts
bigbutchmistie Has the BEST Reputationbigbutchmistie Has the BEST Reputationbigbutchmistie Has the BEST Reputationbigbutchmistie Has the BEST Reputationbigbutchmistie Has the BEST Reputationbigbutchmistie Has the BEST Reputationbigbutchmistie Has the BEST Reputationbigbutchmistie Has the BEST Reputationbigbutchmistie Has the BEST Reputationbigbutchmistie Has the BEST Reputationbigbutchmistie Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
I just decided to join this site (which is wonderful btw) after reading posts for a couple of days on the outside looking in. I have a problem though, which is why I started looking in the first place and need some advice.

I met someone online and plan going to meet them for the first time next week. I have always ID'd as a femme. Hy IDs as old fashioned Stone Butch. He is ten years older then me and we live two states apart. (I am nervous because I have never posted in a forum so please bear with me -- I am trying not to leave out anything important!)

I really like hym and we seem to have everything in common. We have been talking online and on the phone for three months. I have seen pictures of him. But he has not seen or asked for pictures of me.
Now I am just scared to death. He has never asked me what I look like or how much I weigh. It just hasn't come up. Somehow though during a conversation recently I got the impression that he liked thin girls. That is why I am so nervous now!

I am not skinny at all! I would consider myself fat. I'm always working towards skinny, it just doesn't happen fast enough. I don't hate my body like some do, but I don't love it either. I also have a scar on my face that isn't huge but you can see it. My question is should I just call him up and warn him?
I am not sure what to do and woudl appreciate any advice. Thank you all so much. I'm sorry this was so long!
If people cant accept you for WHO you are FUCK EM! If hy cant appreciate you. Drop hym like a bad habit.
bigbutchmistie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bigbutchmistie For This Useful Post:
Old 03-20-2010, 06:23 PM   #11
Linus
The Planet's Technical Bubba

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him/Geek
Relationship Status:
Married to my forever!

Thanked 10,743 Times in 3,176 Posts
Linus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
The comment about walking the job is "hys job" may be because it's "hys" dog and hy feels responsible for hys furrkid. I would say enjoy the dating for what is it --- dating -- and just let things unfold as they should.

"We become Human Doings instead of Human Beings." -- Ram Dass
Linus is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Linus For This Useful Post: