Notices

Old 01-16-2020, 07:57 PM   #621
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Thanked 33,587 Times in 14,918 Posts
homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by homoe View Post
The VIG 1527 N Wells St, Chicago

I just came across this online and everything looks good!

homoe is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 01-21-2020, 08:50 AM   #622
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation
Default Houndstooth Saloon..........

3369 North Clark Street Chicago

I recently ran across this saloon online and the menu item that caught my eye was French Toast. Caramelized Hawaiian loaf, honey butter, and maple syrup.

I'll be putting this on my "must try" list for the next adventure in the Windy City.....
Old 01-31-2020, 09:28 AM   #623
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Default If you're ever in Milwaukee check out the Safe House's....

Bond Brunch with Bottomless Mimosas Every Sunday 11am-4:00pm 779 North Front Street, Milwaukee

The SafeHouse is a family friendly & fun restaurant in Milwaukee. Kid-friendly before 9pm, SafeHouse is guaranteed to keep everyone entertained with interactive gadgets and espionage. The total spy experience includes scavenger hunts, magic, delicious entrées and more.A weekend would not be complete with brunch. Where else can you find funnel cakes, skillets, and BOTTOMLESS mimosas?

for more info: https://www.safe-house.com/events/sunday-bond-brunch
The Following User Says Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 01-31-2020, 09:46 AM   #624
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Quote:
3369 North Clark Street Chicago

I recently ran across this saloon online and the menu item that caught my eye was French Toast. Caramelized Hawaiian loaf, honey butter, and maple syrup.

I'll be putting this on my "must try" list for the next adventure in the Windy City.....
Old 02-10-2020, 07:04 PM   #625
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Default She had me at 12-layer German chocolate cake!

Are you a beer connoisseur and visiting in Chicago? Then perhaps check out

Moody Tongue Brewing Company 2515 S Wabash Ave

After a phone conversation recently with my Traveling Companion and Beer Aficionado its come to my attention that Moody Tongue must be added to my "must try" on the next trip to the Windy City!

As I've often stated, I'm not a beer drinker and would never go out of my way to visit a brewing establishment! But after she told me about the food/dessert, I'm game.....

12-layer German chocolate cake
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 02-11-2020, 03:31 PM   #626
kittygrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
je ne sais quoi
Preferred Pronoun?:
baby grrl
Relationship Status:
raining cats & dogs

Thanked 21,362 Times in 6,714 Posts
kittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:

Moody Tongue Brewing Company 2515 S Wabash Ave

.... that Moody Tongue must be added to my "must try" on the next trip to the Windy City!

I'm game.....

12-layer German chocolate cake
H..that chocolate cake i'm down
Old 02-13-2020, 08:09 AM   #627
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

~~
kittygrrl

I agree, who'd turn down goodies like that........
Old 02-15-2020, 05:15 PM   #628
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Default In Chicago and looking for variety?

Check out Time Out Market 916 W Fulton, Chicago

First off, the place is gargantuan. At 50,000 square feet over three floors including a roof deck, 600 seats, 18 vendors, event and demonstration spaces, and multiple drinking and other entertainment options, it’s the largest Time Out Market in the country. “We’re a little bit different [than other food halls] — we’re not a food court, we’re a food and cultural market,” “We’re trying to put the best of the city under one roof.”

Most Chicago food halls do brisk weekday business, especially at lunch, but often punt evenings, weekends, and bar service. But Time Out Market’s organizers expect its multiple bars and drinking options to be one of its main draws at night. In addition to staying open until 11 p.m. on weeknights and midnight on Fridays and Saturdays, the space includes six prominent bars: three adjoined bars take up a large portion of the first floor, serving signature cocktails from acclaimed local bartenders, a wide selection of local beers, and wine; the rooftop indoor/outdoor bar Tony’s, named for Time Out founder Tony Elliot and serving more signature cocktails; the “speakeasy” bar Secret Sound, from the people behind essential tiki bar Lost Lake; and another second-floor bar with comfortable bleacher-style seating. Plenty of other seating exist on all three floors for people to linger and hang out with a drink, rather than just eating and running like many do at other food halls.

Among its 18 distinct food and drink vendors, Time Out Market features multiple chefs from Michelin-starred restaurants, who have won James Beard awards, and past or present members of the Eater Chicago 38, a rarity for a food hall. All food comes with real dishes, glasses, and silverware, also a rarity for food halls. Customers can eat affordably — prices range from single digits for some items — or splurge on a $99 whole duck from chef Brian Fisher of Michelin-starred Entente.
Old 02-28-2020, 10:13 AM   #629
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Default It’s BBQ Time in the Kitchen.......

2738 Alki SW. Seattle Hours are 9 am-9 pm Wednesdays through Sunday

It’s BBQ Time in the Kitchen opened Feb 12th in the space that was, briefly, Alki Chicken and Waffles. It was reported two weeks ago, this was described as a merger (note the “Homestead Fried Chicken” on the new menu) The restaurant has cocktails, wine, and beer too & sells BBQ by the pound.

Sidebar: This is a spinoff of Portland catering company It’s BBQ Time, whose proprietor Dan Dyrdahl says he’s relocated here, with his mom managing the Portland operation.
Old 03-10-2020, 09:00 AM   #630
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Default Going to be in Chicago?

Check out.......

Dyeing of the Chicago River St Patrick's Day

A tradition since 1962, representatives of the Journeymen Plumbers Local Union 130 pour dye into the Chicago River on the morning of the annual St. Patrick's Day Parade, turning the water a bright shade of green. The dye is vegetable-based, so the river typically reverts to its usual murky shade by the end of the weekend. The dyeing takes place between Columbus Drive and State Street, so head to the Michigan Avenue bridge or snag a spot along the Riverwalk for the best views of the action.

I went to this either last year or the year before. It's tons of fun!
Old 03-10-2020, 09:18 AM   #631
Bèsame*
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femm
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
☀️☀️☀️

Thanked 39,475 Times in 10,186 Posts
Bèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Check out.......

Dyeing of the Chicago River St Patrick's Day

A tradition since 1962, representatives of the Journeymen Plumbers Local Union 130 pour dye into the Chicago River on the morning of the annual St. Patrick's Day Parade, turning the water a bright shade of green. The dye is vegetable-based, so the river typically reverts to its usual murky shade by the end of the weekend. The dyeing takes place between Columbus Drive and State Street, so head to the Michigan Avenue bridge or snag a spot along the Riverwalk for the best views of the action.
I do believe that event has been canceled this year. So many public events have made the list😮

A kiss is a whisper in your mouth.
Can I borrow a kiss? I promise to give it back.
Bèsame* is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Bèsame* For This Useful Post:
Old 03-10-2020, 09:38 AM   #632
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bèsame* View Post
I do believe that event has been canceled this year. So many public events have made the list��

~~
Oh thanks Besame, I know Boston's St Patty has been cancelled for sure but up to a day ago Chicago's dying of the river was still on. I'll keep my eyes open for further info...
Old 03-14-2020, 05:55 PM   #633
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Quote:
~~
Oh thanks Besame, I know Boston's St Patty has been cancelled for sure but up to a day ago Chicago's dying of the river was still on. I'll keep my eyes open for further info...
Chicago Mayor Lori Lightfoot announced earlier Wednesday the city’s St. Patrick’s Day parades and events will be postponed. Lightfoot said the city’s downtown parade, which was to be held on Saturday, is postponed, along with other parades that were to be held throughout the city.

The city’s famous “river dyeing” event, a tradition where the Chicago River is dyed green, was also postponed.

I get why the parades would be cancelled but unsure why the dying of the river would be. Individuals can/would surely partake of enjoyment of it!
Old 03-15-2020, 05:02 PM   #634
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Default If you're looking for a good drink in Chicago you'll have to wait......

The governor of Illinois on Sunday ordered all bars and restaurants in his state to close amid the threat of the new coronavirus, and officials elsewhere in the country said they were considering similar restrictions after revelers ignored warnings against attending large gatherings. "The time for persuasion and public appeals is over,” Gov. J.B. Pritzker said. “This is not a joke. No one is immune to this.”

The Democratic governor said he had tried earlier this week to appeal to everyone’s good judgment to stay home, to avoid bars, and not congregate in crowds. He added that it is unfortunate that many people didn’t take that seriously.

The order takes effect Monday night and will last through March 30.
Old 03-17-2020, 09:51 AM   #635
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Default This coming Thursday March 19th at sunset...........

Twice a year, during the spring and fall equinoxes, the sun's path aligns to fit within view of the narrow corridors of Chicago's east-west streets, a phenomenon cheekily referred to as Chicagohenge. Because Chicago is planned on a grid layout corresponding almost exactly with the various points of a compass, Chicagohenge views are considered especially good—better, even, than the similarly-named Manhattanhenge. From certain points downtown, the sun's fiery orb is framed almost perfectly by the surrounding skyscrapers.

Under normal circumstances, you'd catch hordes of people aiming their cameras and phones at the Chicagohenge views on major roadways like Randolph Street and Madison Avenue. While we don't recommend congregating downtown (or anywhere else: social distancing, folks!), try sticking your head out the window during sunrise or sunset if you live on any east-west streets—it'll be like a light show delivered right to your door. And hey, if all else fails, we're certain a few photo of the phenomenon will surface on Instagram.
Old 04-01-2020, 04:41 PM   #636
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Default IF we're out of this upheaval by the holiday season....

~~
And you're going to be near southern Indiana, check out a little town called Santa Claus! It's just about an hours drive from New Albany.

When April's issue of Chicago Magazine finally arrived, they also included a guide to Indiana that I've just started going thru.
Old 04-01-2020, 09:47 PM   #637
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Quote:
~~
And you're going to be near southern Indiana, check out a little town called Santa Claus! It's just about an hours drive from New Albany.

When April's issue of Chicago Magazine finally arrived, they also included a guide to Indiana that I've just started going thru.
So after further investigation this town offer more than just holiday themed events.

Summer offers zip-lines & other outdoor activities as well as a campsite an RV Resort.
Old 04-01-2020, 09:57 PM   #638
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Default Once we're able to dine out again....

Toast On Market 141 East Market Street, New Albany, IN

Beside delicious looking food their website mentions a variety of mimosas and bloody Marys made with their signature mixes and infused vodkas & a full bar that includes a limited menu of beer and wine.
Old 04-02-2020, 07:48 AM   #639
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

[QUOTE=homoe;1263462]Chicago Mayor Lori Lightfoot announced earlier Wednesday the city’s St. Patrick’s Day parades and events will be postponed. Lightfoot said the city’s downtown parade, which was to be held on Saturday, is postponed, along with other parades that were to be held throughout the city.

The city’s famous “river dyeing” event, a tradition where the Chicago River is dyed green, was also postponed.

Governor Pritzker extends stay-at-home order through APRIL 30.
Old 04-02-2020, 04:20 PM   #640
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Default When I can get out of this house and travel again I'm checking out.....

These joints in Chicago......

JT's Sandwich Shop 3970 N Elston Ave

Tortazo 233 S. Wacker Drive