Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > THE BUTCHFEMMEPLANET PLANET > United States Forums > South Carolina Forums

Old 09-28-2010, 01:37 PM   #141
WolfyOne
Magically Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Gentle Butch
Relationship Status:
Single and content

Thanked 15,407 Times in 4,139 Posts
WolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST Reputation

I would try the boiled peanuts
I'd also spit them out of my mouth if I didn't like them
You'd know for sure then if I didn't like them instead of me being polite about it, lol

Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength; loving someone deeply gives you courage --- Lao Tzo
WolfyOne is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to WolfyOne For This Useful Post:
Old 09-28-2010, 01:40 PM   #142
Blade
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
TG
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
once in a while someone amazing comes along...and here I am!

Thanked 14,400 Times in 4,049 Posts
Blade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST Reputation

If I'm able to make the reunion next year I'll bring enough for everyone to try. Wolfy I might send you some when it cools off, they will sweat and sour if they get hot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfyOne View Post
You'd know for sure then if I didn't like them instead of me being polite about it, lol

The best way to predict the future, is to create it.
Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Blade For This Useful Post:
Old 09-28-2010, 01:42 PM   #143
ravfem

How Do You Identify?:
i'm a girl
Relationship Status:
negative

Thanked 3,126 Times in 1,269 Posts
ravfem Has the BEST Reputationravfem Has the BEST Reputationravfem Has the BEST Reputationravfem Has the BEST Reputationravfem Has the BEST Reputationravfem Has the BEST Reputationravfem Has the BEST Reputationravfem Has the BEST Reputationravfem Has the BEST Reputationravfem Has the BEST Reputationravfem Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfyOne View Post
omg i sooo wanna watch your face while you try them!!!
Old 09-28-2010, 01:44 PM   #144
lipstixgal

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
coupled

Thanked 1,690 Times in 1,064 Posts
lipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravfem View Post
omg i sooo wanna watch your face while you try them!!!
Question? are the boiled peanuts only in SC or can you get them here in NY gosh they have everything!!
lipstixgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 01:53 PM   #145
Blade
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
TG
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:

Blade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST Reputation

I'm sure if you can find them in NY they are not the same as good ole SC boiled peanuts. They have a brand in the convenience stores down here now and the first time I got them I thought OMG I hope someone passing thru doesn't try these and think this is what boiled peanuts really are like.

Cooking boiled peanuts is a science in itself. The best of the best are in Ga, SC, and NC. Right now my favorite P-nut guy is in Shelby. I stop every time I go to the mountains and have been known to ride up to Shelby just for the day to get his P-nuts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lipstixgal View Post
Question? are the boiled peanuts only in SC or can you get them here in NY gosh they have everything!!

Old 09-28-2010, 01:54 PM   #146
ravfem

How Do You Identify?:
i'm a girl
Relationship Status:
negative

Thanked 3,126 Times in 1,269 Posts
ravfem Has the BEST Reputationravfem Has the BEST Reputationravfem Has the BEST Reputationravfem Has the BEST Reputationravfem Has the BEST Reputationravfem Has the BEST Reputationravfem Has the BEST Reputationravfem Has the BEST Reputationravfem Has the BEST Reputationravfem Has the BEST Reputationravfem Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by lipstixgal View Post
i know they are in other states besides SC, but i don't know how many & which ones. Some grocery stores sell them in a can or a pouch.....do NOT try those before you get the chance to try "real" ones!

i'd be interested in knowing where else they are eaten.

Blade, i've done that too, taken off towards the mountains to find a road side vendor just to get peanuts!
Old 09-28-2010, 02:12 PM   #147
SnackTime

How Do You Identify?:
Transgender
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
UNattainable

2 Highscores

Thanked 13,229 Times in 2,884 Posts
SnackTime Has the BEST ReputationSnackTime Has the BEST ReputationSnackTime Has the BEST ReputationSnackTime Has the BEST ReputationSnackTime Has the BEST ReputationSnackTime Has the BEST ReputationSnackTime Has the BEST ReputationSnackTime Has the BEST ReputationSnackTime Has the BEST ReputationSnackTime Has the BEST ReputationSnackTime Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravfem View Post
i know they are in other states besides SC, but i don't know how many & which ones. Some grocery stores sell them in a can or a pouch.....do NOT try those before you get the chance to try "real" ones!

i'd be interested in knowing where else they are eaten.

Blade, i've done that too, taken off towards the mountains to find a road side vendor just to get peanuts!
I have seen a vendor or two on the side of the road here in Middle Tennessee. I have never tried them.
SnackTime is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to SnackTime For This Useful Post:
Old 09-28-2010, 02:21 PM   #148
Blade
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
TG
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:

Rav just so you know I think I have 3 pounds in the fridge right now...think I'm going to get me a handful. I went to Shelby 2 Sundays ago and got some and went with Mom to visit Nannie last Sunday and we went to the flea market on HWY #1 in West Columbia and each got a big bag. And of course we stopped by Piggie Park BBQ

Old 09-28-2010, 03:09 PM   #149
Heavenleahangel

How Do You Identify?:
OFOS Femme; Earth bound Angel and Babygirl;
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Angel, as long as it's respectful
Relationship Status:
Waiting for the One who can complete me

Thanked 2,069 Times in 468 Posts
Heavenleahangel Has the BEST ReputationHeavenleahangel Has the BEST ReputationHeavenleahangel Has the BEST ReputationHeavenleahangel Has the BEST ReputationHeavenleahangel Has the BEST ReputationHeavenleahangel Has the BEST ReputationHeavenleahangel Has the BEST ReputationHeavenleahangel Has the BEST ReputationHeavenleahangel Has the BEST ReputationHeavenleahangel Has the BEST ReputationHeavenleahangel Has the BEST Reputation

OMG! Fresh, hot, boiled peanuts! YUMMY!!! Being a good lil femme from Gawwwga and being raised during childhood in SC, Ive had my share of boiled peanuts! Everytime I go home, I load my trunk with canned Margaret Holmes' Reanut Patch boiled peanuts. They arent nearly as good as some, but living in NY, they are better than nothing. I couldnt find the large cans of them this last time, but I did get some boiled and frozen in my aunt's freezer!
Old 09-28-2010, 03:15 PM   #150
lipstixgal

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
coupled

Thanked 1,690 Times in 1,064 Posts
lipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputation

I googled boiled peanuts and you can get them in the can only I don't think I would like them in a can, have to come down to the south and get the real ones!! Sound yummy
lipstixgal is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lipstixgal For This Useful Post:
Old 09-30-2010, 11:10 AM   #151
DomnNC
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Male
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him
Relationship Status:
Widow

Thanked 2,582 Times in 837 Posts
DomnNC Has the BEST ReputationDomnNC Has the BEST ReputationDomnNC Has the BEST ReputationDomnNC Has the BEST ReputationDomnNC Has the BEST ReputationDomnNC Has the BEST ReputationDomnNC Has the BEST ReputationDomnNC Has the BEST ReputationDomnNC Has the BEST ReputationDomnNC Has the BEST ReputationDomnNC Has the BEST Reputation

I bet I know where in Shelby you get those boiled peanuts Blade, is it a little stand on the right hand side of the road just before you enter Shelby itself? Those are awesome! You're right about the little convience stores and their barrel tho they'll do in a pinch, if you can stomach them! lol
DomnNC is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to DomnNC For This Useful Post:
Old 09-30-2010, 11:11 AM   #152
DomnNC
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Male
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him
Relationship Status:
Widow

DomnNC Has the BEST ReputationDomnNC Has the BEST ReputationDomnNC Has the BEST ReputationDomnNC Has the BEST ReputationDomnNC Has the BEST ReputationDomnNC Has the BEST ReputationDomnNC Has the BEST ReputationDomnNC Has the BEST ReputationDomnNC Has the BEST ReputationDomnNC Has the BEST ReputationDomnNC Has the BEST Reputation

Rats, the little stand on Hwy 74 that is.
Old 09-30-2010, 12:42 PM   #153
squeak

How Do You Identify?:
femme!
Preferred Pronoun?:
princess
Relationship Status:
making one butch sweat

squeak Has the BEST Reputationsqueak Has the BEST Reputationsqueak Has the BEST Reputationsqueak Has the BEST Reputationsqueak Has the BEST Reputationsqueak Has the BEST Reputationsqueak Has the BEST Reputationsqueak Has the BEST Reputationsqueak Has the BEST Reputationsqueak Has the BEST Reputationsqueak Has the BEST Reputation

Oh, man!

I was born and raised in Charleston, SC and Marietta, GA. I recently moved out of the south clear across country to LA and do I ever miss boiled peanuts! I used to take all those vendors hocking dollar bags of peanuts on the side of the road. I used to buy bushels of green peanuts and make pounds and pounds of boiled peanuts in a pressure cooker to freeze for the off season.

Sigh. No green peanuts here! I wonder if I could have them shipped...

Most outsiders are aghast at the notion of boiling peanuts until they are all soft and squishy and briny - and then popping the whole thing, shell-n-all, in your mouth to get it. Delicious! I've noticed that it's either a love or hate food.

xosqueak, lovelovelove!
squeak is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to squeak For This Useful Post:
Old 09-30-2010, 06:04 PM   #154
Blade
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
TG
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:

Yep that's right! The old man died Thanksgiving 3 yrs ago but his son still does it on Th-Sun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DomnNC View Post
I bet I know where in Shelby you get those boiled peanuts Blade, is it a little stand on the right hand side of the road just before you enter Shelby itself? Those are awesome! You're right about the little convience stores and their barrel tho they'll do in a pinch, if you can stomach them! lol

Old 09-30-2010, 06:12 PM   #155
DomnNC
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Male
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him
Relationship Status:
Widow

Well heck Blade, I didn't know he died. But it's a good thing his son took up the trade. I bet that old man made a ton of money at it and that's why he took it up, lol.

Oh and btw, go Vollllllllsssssssssssss!!! I go to Townsend, TN quite often, it's about 30 miles maybe outside of Knoxville and that's some orangeeee country there!
Old 09-30-2010, 06:19 PM   #156
morningstar55

How Do You Identify?:
femme,she
Preferred Pronoun?:
she,her,
Relationship Status:
very single

Thanked 4,241 Times in 1,845 Posts
morningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drtazz1021 View Post
I just joined here. I am from around Myrtle Beach, SC. Been here about 10 years from Ohio

wow I love going there....... would like to come there when someone popular is singing at the House of Blues...
well anyways thought id peek in real quick before i wonder up to canada.. *sigh*...... cant get on line up there.
have a nice nite everyone

ps.. umm boiled peanuts..... eww well guess its a required taste.. heh... I know i eat some things ya'll would curl your nose up at too.. lol lol

life is to short to wake up in the morning with regrets
so love the people who treat you right,
forget about the ones who dont,
and believe that everything happens for a reason.
If you get a chance take it... if it changes your life let it.
morningstar55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 06:20 PM   #157
Blade
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
TG
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:

Yeah I'm thinking about being a boiled peanut chef when I grow up too.

Quote:
Well heck Blade, I didn't know he died. But it's a good thing his son took up the trade. I bet that old man made a ton of money at it and that's why he took it up, lol.

Oh and btw, go Vollllllllsssssssssssss!!! I go to Townsend, TN quite often, it's about 30 miles maybe outside of Knoxville and that's some orangeeee country there!

Old 09-30-2010, 06:20 PM   #158
DomnNC
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Male
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him
Relationship Status:
Widow

Here ya go squeak, ask and ye shall receive, lol.

http://boilednut.com/

They'll ship when they are in season.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DomnNC For This Useful Post:
Old 09-30-2010, 06:30 PM   #159
Miss Scarlett
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Relationship Status:

Thanked 12,949 Times in 3,419 Posts
Miss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade View Post
Yep that's right! The old man died Thanksgiving 3 yrs ago but his son still does it on Th-Sun.
Oh no! Not the peanut man!!!!! I always wave at his stand when I drive by...
Miss Scarlett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 06:33 PM   #160
morningstar55

How Do You Identify?:
femme,she
Preferred Pronoun?:
she,her,
Relationship Status:
very single

Thanked 4,241 Times in 1,845 Posts
morningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Here ya go squeak, ask and ye shall receive, lol.

http://boilednut.com/

They'll ship when they are in season.
do they sell other peanuts besides .. boiled??? can i get there with my truck??
ok i will have to check bk on this late.. i really need to GIT.. lol

life is to short to wake up in the morning with regrets
so love the people who treat you right,
forget about the ones who dont,
and believe that everything happens for a reason.
If you get a chance take it... if it changes your life let it.
morningstar55 is offline   Reply With Quote