Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme *blows a kiss off my finger tips **
Preferred Pronoun?:
~ hey girl ~
Relationship Status:
~ single & content ~

Thanked 16,124 Times in 4,736 Posts
~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation

there will always be B&F in our community ~ everyone has gone on facebook or sites for younger aged people . When it comes to peoples sexual identity ~ I don't wanna know lolol I know who I am and what I like ~ that's all I need to know. ~~ ** wink **
Old 12-18-2020, 03:45 PM   #14682
C0LLETTE
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Depends on the day.
Preferred Pronoun?:
"I" and "we"
Relationship Status:
Very good. Thank you for asking.

Thanked 15,261 Times in 4,345 Posts
C0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST Reputation

Re:Cin's post

And THAT is the kind of post we used to have here before we drifted off almost entirely into recipes for cabbage rolls and corn bread.

I'm not smart enough or well versed enough to write that kind of post but I sure as hell loved reading it and learned a whole lot about one person's identity journey. Breadcrumbs for my own walk in the woods.

For some, that is reason enough to treasure this site and keep returning.
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to C0LLETTE For This Useful Post:
Old 12-18-2020, 05:04 PM   #14683
VintageFemme

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 7,640 Times in 1,657 Posts
VintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cin View Post
Yes, I suppose some people given no other option, would have previously identified as butch but now are able to imagine a truer identity for themselves. Over the past few years there has occurred opportunity for deep internal exploration of gender for a lot of people. Gender studies became the darling of universities giving rise to many thought provoking ideas and lots of writing surrounding gender and personal gender expression. Such discourse has allowed a diverse range of people to explore gender and look inward. It's given many people the language to express who they feel they really are inside. People can embrace identities that feel right for them that were not understood twenty years ago. Non binary, third gender and genderqueer are some of the identities that may be a better fit for many. I do think non binary works well for me, although I still claim my identity as a butch woman. Historically I have struggled identifying as either of the gender options recognized by the majority of society. I am not comfortable with either exclusively. I'm not clear what a blended version of both looks like for me. I cannot let go of a female identity because of my feminist ideology and I am never comfortable with identifying as male because of the patriarchy, the misogynistic world view and the privilege inherent in a male identity. So I flounder a lot. Not exactly sure who I am or what fits for me. I have been most comfortable identifying as a butch woman but over the years I've come to the realization that for me it doesn't matter that much. I am comfortable in my skin even if I'm not sure how to name it.

I often thought of myself as transgender because of my experience of being uncomfortable with society's definition of woman and could not see myself reflected there. But my feelings regarding the transgender community is reminiscent of how some people feel about the lesbian community. They would never identify as a lesbian because of their experience with the community. My experience with the transgender community is similar. Many transgender people insist on referring to butches as cisgendered. While some maybe okay with that I have never felt that worked for me. I struggled too long and too hard internally because my sex and gender did not match and my gender incongruence resulted in many negative experiences for me throughout my life. It's like spitting in my face to call me cisgendered. You shouldn't insist on giving people identities that they do not claim for themselves. This turned me off and made me protect my butch identity even more. At this point in my life I no longer give a fat rat's ass. I am a butch woman who is not cisgendered and is comfortable with a non binary identity.

But the interesting question I ponder often is what has become of the butch-femme dynamic in this brave new world. Gender identities are not sexual orientation. So what does new language for gender, new ways of defining oneself, different boundaries for self identification mean for sexual attraction? As a new generation of queers come of age what will define their attractions? Transgender include all types of sexual orientation so there are some queers in there. Non binary as well and third gender and genderqueer. Will there be a similar dynamic with a different name? Like gender, the boundaries of sexual orientation has expanded exponentially. It's a pretty exciting time to be young and exploring sexuality. I am neither but academically speaking it's interesting to consider.
Well said.

I have always thought that butches were a third gender. To consider that our entire human race is only two genders, as complex and unique as we are, seems somewhat arrogant and yet simplistic. I do believe we are entering a new generation of discovery where not only will multiple genders be realized but that they may be fluid as well. It is indeed a very exciting time to be young and coming into your own. Biases and pegged genders as well as the gay or straight sexuality trap, are becoming archaic ways of thinking.
Old 12-22-2020, 12:52 PM   #14684
Cin

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Truly Madly Deeply

2 Highscores

Thanked 10,624 Times in 2,489 Posts
Cin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST Reputation

Here's what's on my mind today. Way back in the day when I was considering transgender as an identity I really felt like it fit somewhere, somehow for me. When I would look in a mirror there was always a moment of shock while I realized my idea of who I was did not match with the reality. I was always unpleasantly surprised by my breasts. You'd think I would have retained the knowledge of their existence, but I was able to put them out of my mind. Until I saw them. They were so disconcerting. I'd be like what are these things doing there.

Over time I decided I was not interested in transitioning but I spent a bit of time considering it and what I understood for myself was my attraction to femmes were/are a part of a transgender/transgressive sexual orientation. I am not transgender in the way that I feel my sex is male but I feel butch as a sort of transgender identity much more than I feel it to be a transgressive identity. I understand femme as a more transgressive one. Both are subversive in my mind. So I understand butch and femme attraction as a transgender/transgressive attraction. A yin/yang attraction to a degree. Which I think can be duplicated in other non binary identities and sexual attractions and orientations. Maybe
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Cin For This Useful Post:
Old 12-22-2020, 04:54 PM   #14685
clay
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch (Silver Fox) Dom Daddi
Preferred Pronoun?:
50 Shades of Clay Darker & Deeper
Relationship Status:
married to my forever

Thanked 31,683 Times in 7,714 Posts
clay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums
Default RIP KT Oslin

Just read that KT Oslin passed away. She was 78! I saw her in HotLanta years ago...when she first began her career. She wore a silk brocade gold jacket, sleeves rolled up and long, black gloves, up to her elbow. When asked about them, she told the crowd, an older lady friend of mine gave me these, said it will be your trademark. I LOVED 80's Ladies of hers!! I have all of music on CD's a friend recorded for me.

RIP KT...the lovely gloved one!!
Old 12-24-2020, 07:34 PM   #14686
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Monogamously Attached to my boyfriend and future husband.

Thanked 31,984 Times in 9,936 Posts
Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation

On my mind is how awesome it is that President-Elect Joe Biden is appointing exceptionally competent people from the LGBTQ community to posts in the Biden-Harris administration.

You can read about the latest news, over @ The Advocate.

_____ ______
Kätzchen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post:
Old 12-25-2020, 07:03 AM   #14687
Orema
Superlative Soul Sister

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her, shawty
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 34,075 Times in 8,585 Posts
Orema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST Reputation

My family. I seldom get homesick, but I’m really missing them this holiday season.
Orema is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Orema For This Useful Post:
Old 12-25-2020, 03:21 PM   #14688
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,771 Times in 25,657 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

I had a nice chat with my dad today. It's been good to reconnect.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 12-25-2020, 07:05 PM   #14689
Stone-Butch

How Do You Identify?:
Stonebutch
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 8,455 Times in 2,629 Posts
Stone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST Reputation
Default On your mind

I am so sorry to hear of K.T.s passing. I met that lovely woman five times and each time I gave her a boomerang (I'll always come back as in her song). Each time I wrote when and where on it and she said she hung them in her hallway in her home. I saw her three times in concert, twice in Canada and have lots of her posters and autographs. She was such a nice person and I know her health was failing but did not know she had passes. RIP K.T. you are among the stars and have found your place, sing to the angels.
Stone-Butch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Stone-Butch For This Useful Post:
Old 01-14-2021, 06:23 AM   #14690
Orema
Superlative Soul Sister

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her, shawty
Relationship Status:
Single

Orema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST Reputation
Default Sight unseen

Am probably going to purchase my next home sight unseen.

Found a condo I like, my offer has been accepted, but there’s no way I will make it there in time for the home inspection early next week.

I have a relative who can view it, but that’s not the same. I trust my realtor, but not to the extent of choosing my home.

With the inauguration next week, it would be my luck to fly there this weekend and run into some MAGA fucktards in the airport or on the plane. This is what I’m most concerned about because the inauguration is next Wednesday.

Thought of flying first class (smaller cabin, less people, less chance for COVID?) but I could end up dealing with MAGA haters because they fly first class, too. There will probably be more undercover Marshals on the plane than usual, but I DON’T TRUST ANYONE TO PROTECT ME if I’m caught up in some MAGA shit on a plane or in an airport.

I might travel there the following week (after the inauguration), but by then I would have approved the deal. Still, I’d get a chance to see the condo and could still pull out of the deal, but would lose my deposit. Maybe that’s the price I’ll have to pay to buy a condo during a pandemic and political upheaval.

I’m researching “buying a home sight unseen,” am speaking with people, using technology (Google Maps street views), and am writing a list of questions and concerns for the home inspector and realtor.

I’ve been lucky with finding places to live. Have loved most homes I’ve lived in.

Here’s hoping the condo Gods aren’t laughing at me.
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Orema For This Useful Post:
Old 01-14-2021, 03:48 PM   #14691
FireSignFemme

How Do You Identify?:
N/A

3 Highscores

Thanked 10,499 Times in 3,157 Posts
FireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST Reputation

I'm wondering when or if Walmart grocery items coming through the mail will arrive. My most recent food delivery order placed with them was hell. I've had so many issues ordering food online from our local store I'm not going to anymore, or recommend anyone else take that risk either, it's just not worth it. However, I've always had good luck buying both food and grocery items through Walmart and having them shipped direct to my home from the manufacturer, wholesaler, non-Walmart retailer and so on. So here's to hoping.
FireSignFemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to FireSignFemme For This Useful Post:
Old 01-14-2021, 10:09 PM   #14692
GeorgiaMa'am
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
High Femme Ma'am
Preferred Pronoun?:
Ma'am
Relationship Status:
widowed - involved, poly

14 Highscores

Thanked 27,103 Times in 5,113 Posts
GeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST Reputation

I'm thinking how much trouble it is breaking in a new phone and getting it set up the way I want. I was not even able to answer calls on my new phone, until I chatted with tech support and was told what to change in my settings. Who would think that being able to turn off answering your phone would even be a valid choice? It's a phone, for Pete's sake.

It's been so lonely without you here
Like a bird without a song
Nothing can stop these lonely tears from falling . . .
'Cause nothing compares, nothing compares 2 U

- Prince
GeorgiaMa'am is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to GeorgiaMa'am For This Useful Post:
Old 01-15-2021, 04:08 AM   #14693
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Thanked 33,586 Times in 14,918 Posts
homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation

~~
A doctor's appointment in Tacoma on Monday...
homoe is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 01-15-2021, 12:41 PM   #14694
Bèsame*
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femm
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
☀️☀️☀️

Thanked 39,510 Times in 10,201 Posts
Bèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by homoe View Post
~~
A doctor's appointment in Tacoma on Monday...
Lol..I have one on Tues following a liquid diet..😮😨😟

Then the following week another boob smash!!!🤨

A kiss is a whisper in your mouth.
Can I borrow a kiss? I promise to give it back.
Bèsame* is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Bèsame* For This Useful Post:
Old 01-17-2021, 02:50 AM   #14695
Orema
Superlative Soul Sister

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her, shawty
Relationship Status:
Single

Default Food

Getting my appetite under control. Have been eating like a mad woman lately. Have been eating the right (for me) foods, haven’t gained weight, but haven’t loss any either.

Am having inspections left and right and waiting for any kind of approval creates a stress in me that’s eased by food. At the same time I need to eat food in the pantry and fridge so I don’t have to toss any food out when it’s time to move.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Orema For This Useful Post:
Old 01-17-2021, 01:26 PM   #14696
akiza

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
khaleessi lol ^-^ just go with aki,ana,kit or princess
Relationship Status:
single

akiza Has the BEST Reputationakiza Has the BEST Reputationakiza Has the BEST Reputationakiza Has the BEST Reputationakiza Has the BEST Reputationakiza Has the BEST Reputationakiza Has the BEST Reputationakiza Has the BEST Reputationakiza Has the BEST Reputationakiza Has the BEST Reputationakiza Has the BEST Reputation

School it starts in february so i'm so happy to be back in noiselandia 😅 and how i'll like to transform the person who hurts mom and my aunt in little pea with a baseball batte that rat should have a taste of her own medicine! 😑
akiza is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to akiza For This Useful Post:
Old 01-23-2021, 10:56 AM   #14697
Orema
Superlative Soul Sister

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her, shawty
Relationship Status:
Single

Default Showers

I'm going to convert my tub to a shower. Have done this before with really good results.

The top two showers use lighter tiles than what I want, but I like the low-key patterns of the tile and the overall design.

I like the one below a lot but would use different hardware. Will probably go with these colors.

Not sure any of these will fit into my budget. Will find out once I get some quotes.

Will do the shower conversion after I move in, but will get new flooring and a paint job before I move in.

It's not a done deal yet, but we're getting there. Expecting to close the second and third week of February. And I expect to be in the mitten by March 1.

Lucky me.

The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Orema For This Useful Post:
Old 01-23-2021, 01:51 PM   #14698
GeorgiaMa'am
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
High Femme Ma'am
Preferred Pronoun?:
Ma'am
Relationship Status:
widowed - involved, poly

14 Highscores

Thanked 27,103 Times in 5,113 Posts
GeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orema View Post
I'm going to convert my tub to a shower. Have done this before with really good results.

The top two showers use lighter tiles than what I want, but I like the low-key patterns of the tile and the overall design.
. . .
Expecting to close the second and third week of February. And I expect to be in the mitten by March 1.
Very nice! Good luck with your closing.

I really like the contrasting tile in the recessed shelf area in the top photo. The contrasting floor might be a bit much for me, though - I think I like the 3rd one better for the floor.

Excellent to have a grown-up shower! I know that's what people want now. Personally, I don't think I could live without a soaking tub, though.

It's been so lonely without you here
Like a bird without a song
Nothing can stop these lonely tears from falling . . .
'Cause nothing compares, nothing compares 2 U

- Prince
GeorgiaMa'am is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GeorgiaMa'am For This Useful Post:
Old 01-23-2021, 06:53 PM   #14699
Orema
Superlative Soul Sister

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her, shawty
Relationship Status:
Single

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgiaMa'am View Post
Very nice! Good luck with your closing.

I really like the contrasting tile in the recessed shelf area in the top photo. The contrasting floor might be a bit much for me, though - I think I like the 3rd one better for the floor.

Excellent to have a grown-up shower! I know that's what people want now. Personally, I don't think I could live without a soaking tub, though.
Thank you, GeorgiaMa’am. Things are going smoothly on both ends.

I’m drawn to the earth tones, but want something different than what I’m normally drawn toward. Though I may need to get a prefab. As long as it’s a walk in shower with seating it will work.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Orema For This Useful Post:
Old 01-27-2021, 01:55 PM   #14700
Orema
Superlative Soul Sister

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her, shawty
Relationship Status:
Single

Default Therapy

It's time to get back into therapy.

Have been holding onto some bad and negative feelings. One area I've been holding onto since childhood—months or years can go by without it crossing my mind and then something reminds me of it and BAM, there it is, like a concrete block obscuring or distorting everything. I have another area of bad and negative feelings that came about in the last 7 or so years. It's more controllable, but it's something I need to address. Luckily, neither of these problems involve sexual abuse.

I had much success with a therapist a few years ago who helped me after my car accident and with a sexual abuse issue I had. But I had to stop seeing her after she downplayed my fear of Trump. I didn't even want to discuss it with her. I just wanted to do my hypnotherapy for driving, but she pushed it wanting to know how I felt. I told her and she poo-pooed and downplayed the importance of my fear. She just didn't get it. I had hoped that she could help me in other areas but we never got that far. Anyway, I do well with cognitive therapy when focusing on specific areas and problems. I'll get back into therapy once I'm in the midwest.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Orema For This Useful Post: